Road Warrior Animal Says Sting Isn’t An Icon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

W-olf

Reaction score
Sting didnt join WWE for religious belief and he didn't want to be part of the at the time and till today the sexually suggestive stuff they portray.

Icon Legen call em what you want I call him the BEST , cuz Im that kinda fan but Im gonna be pushing Missing Link in my btb now just cause lol.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Sting didnt join WWE for religious belief and he didn't want to be part of the at the time and till today the sexually suggestive stuff they portray.

I know that used to be his reasoning, but really, compared to TNA right now, WWE is 'G' rated. Now I think he just wants to be apart of an organization that can compete someday with the E again.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
WWE is PG and tna is TV 14. Hows that an excuse. I think he just has some personal grudge against WWE he keeps saying that he's been very close numerous times. Before he returned to Tna last year when he took the title from Jeff hardy, he said he was about to sign with WWE. He said wwe even offered him a spot in the HOF but he decided to be loyal to tna. Maybe it's ego, maybe it's personal, maybe he just never wanted to for no particular reason. Have you ever had the feeling where you didn't want to do something but you don't know why you don't want to do it, it just doesn't seem right. Well any of those reasons could be why. The only man who could answer that it The Insane Icon himself. As for Animal, he can think what he wants but most people probably disagree.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Religious reasons were only a part of why he didn't go, the main reason is he didn't trust how he be treated. He saw one too many guys go over there that were WCW guys only to made to look foolish. At this point though it's a matter of principal, one of his big credits is being the biggest name to never work for a McMahon. It would be stupid to sell out now for a short run in the 'E at this age. He isn't a spring chicken anymore.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Religious reasons were only a part of why he didn't go, the main reason is he didn't trust how he be treated. He saw one too many guys go over there that were WCW guys only to made to look foolish. At this point though it's a matter of principal, one of his big credits is being the biggest name to never work for a McMahon. It would be stupid to sell out now for a short run in the 'E at this age. He isn't a spring chicken anymore.

He said last year and I quote "we were close, very very close"

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
He said last year and I quote "we were close, very very close"
I don't recall this quote but still he isn't going to WWE. I can almost guarantee it.

W-olf

Reaction score
Whatever his real reason was I still wont budge on him being the best , My idol fuck it if I have nothing else I have my loyalty come to think of it so does he , but I do agree he isn't a spring chicken so the tna schedule is easier for him so do it .

I would have loved to see Taker vs Sting I use to say my 3 dream matches were sting vs Jake
vs Taker
vs Bret

2/3 isn't bad.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
10-12 years ago I would have loved to see him against Taker. Anything in the last 5 though, no thanks. I was happy it didn't happen last year as I would have cried watching those two.

W-olf

Reaction score
True but we always got btb's imagination and video games don't we hehe.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
True. I just had a Sting vs. Taker match at WM on WWE '12. It was an Iron Man match that came to a draw.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I read this on the other wrestling site I go.

Animal is being a WWE dickrider.

Of course WWE is the very top when it comes to wrestling promotions, but, you don't have to go there to be an icon/legend. Sting is one of the few guys who was able to make a name for himself without having to climb all the way up the promotions ladder. It says a lot when you don't have to step into the big bright WWE lights to make a name for yourself.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I read this on the other wrestling site I go.

Animal is being a WWE dickrider.

Of course WWE is the very top, when it comes to wrestling promotions, but you don't have to go there to be an icon/legend. Sting is one of the few guys who was able to make a name for himself without having to climb all the way up the promotions ladder. It says a lot when you don't have to step into the big bright WWE lights to make a name for yourself.

Like I said before, the reason why Sting is an icon is because he's an icon without going to wwe.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Sting isn't an icon because he didn't go to the WWE.....try to make some sense, dude. He was already an icon back when he still could have gone to the WWE. Now would be rather pointless for him to cross over but, yeah, he was already an established icon a while back....not going to the WWE doesn't make someone an icon.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Sting was an icon before TNA ever existed, really. He was THE franchise of the former top promotion, and that's iconic enough. Just like Triple H is already an icon, and The Undertaker is an icon. I'd be willing to say that Cena, to a lesser extent, is an icon in his own right. It wasn't the avoidance of the WWE that made him an icon. It's not like he was taking a stand against mainstream culture or anything. He was still the face of what was the largest promotion in the world for a couple of years, so he wasn't trying to avoid the big leagues, just the WWE. I think he did well for himself in TNA, probably better than he would have done in WWE, with all things considered. I like John Cena, but thinking of The Stinger losing to Cena is still something that seems like complete shit to me. And again, this is coming from a John Cena fan.