AMA Road to the Gold (Rush) - Charlotte, NC [Show]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
amae3.png

ROAD TO THE GOLD (RUSH)
LIVE FROM
Charlotte, NC | Bojangles Coliseum

Steve Sanders is in the locker room backstage, sitting down on a bench as he is tying up his wrestling boots.

switchblade.jpg

It is clear that he has some sort of ritual, as he takes his time putting them on and tying them up in a certain fashion whilst muttering to himself.

Pierce Donovan: Sanders has a very important match tonight, as the AMA Grand Championship is everything that Sanders has been working towards. It is everything that motivates him.

Jasper Phoenix: There are a lot of people who want Sanders to fail, because everyone in this business knows that Steve is a serious threat and that the sooner he drops out the bracket the better for everyone else in the field.

As Sanders carries on going through his routines, Jake Wakefield steps into the room with a smug look on his face.

Jake Wakefield: Tonight is the night Stevey boy! Tonight is the night you prove all the liars and hypocrites wrong and put your first foot forward in the tournament.

Sanders looks up at Wakefield and grunts, before he replies.

Steve Sanders: Aren’t you looking to make a name for yourself in this tournament as well? Don’t you have a qualifier or something like that?

Jake nods.

Jake Wakefield: You know the drill Steve, I just like to hurt people. The violence is my true motivator, but everyone knows that the title is everything you want. Everything you have been working for, I mean it's impossible to shut you up the amount of time you spend talking about that title.

Steve Sanders: Do we have a problem or something?

Jake Wakefield: Nothing like that Steve. The truth of the situation is that this is something you have been working towards for a very long time. Your whole journey for the longest time has been about you getting your hand on the gold. And now with the gold rush officially kicking off tonight, you really need to do everything in your power to achieve it.

Steve Sanders: I don’t need a pep talk from you Jake, I know what I need to do and I have every intention in achieving it.

Jake Wakefield: We started working together, because we had similar goals. We had a problem, a collective problem and we put the Establishment in their place and we can’t let them have their power back.

Steve Sanders: I have no intention of letting anyone take the power back.

Jake Wakefield: And that is why you need to win tonight, for too long the corrupt have had far too much control of situations, but with you on the trajectory to the Grand Championship. You can change the game and then you can write your own rules.

Steve shook his head almost in disgust at what Jake was saying.

Steve Sanders: I don’t need to write any rules. It’s never been about changing anything. It is always about claiming the gold, period.

Jake Wakefield: You either on the end of one man’s leash or holding the leash yourself. There is no middle ground, you can’t barter with the devil. You either make your own luck or dance to the tune of another man’s fiddle.

The door of the locker-room opens and in steps Buffalo Jones, who places his wrestling back down on the bench.

Buffalo Jones: Were you two ladies talking about anything in particular or would you prefer I give you two some privacy?

Jake Wakefield: No need to be cute Buffalo.

Buffalo Jones: Just trying to break the tension in the room that is all, so what were we talking about?

Jake put his arm around Buffalo as he turned over his palm and pointed it at Steve.

Jake Wakefield: I was making it clear to Steve that for the benefit of everyone on the roster he really needs to do everything in his power to win the Grand Championship.

Buffalo rubbed at this brow before taking a seat next to Sanders.

Jasper Phoenix: This mother’s meeting is making me want to put my fingers down my throat and vomit. I don’t know why Wakefield and Jones aren’t more worried about themselves, than how Steve does.

Pierce Donovan: For a lot of people on this roster, Sanders is the Messiah. He is going to save us all, and it will all begin with him becoming the AMA Grand Champion.

Buffalo looks at Sanders, and shrugs.

Buffalo Jones: Me and Jake, we might be in the 8-Ball qualifier. And then push comes to shove, only one of us is going to advance to the next round.

Jake Wakefield: That will be me.

Buffalo Jones: Good luck on that front.

Jake Wakefield: I don’t believe in luck, but like they say break a leg and all that.

Jones smiles at Wakefield.

Buffalo Jones: Thank Jake, but putting it bluntly Steve. You have a lot of weight on your shoulders, you are everything that the Establishment is against. You are the very reason they are what they are, because they are trying to stamp down on individuals like you. You are everything they hate about this world, and they will do everything they can to silence you. That is why you need to make an example of the French prick sweaty Petty and advance to the next round. It is your responsibility, to make sure that no one that will do this company wrong leaves with the Grand Championship. So you need to win.

Steve Sanders: I don’t need you two hyping you up you know, I can take care of this on my own. So will you two just give me a moment, I need a bit of me time.

Buffalo and Jake both nod their head in agreement and pat Sanders on the shoulder before exiting the room, leaving Sanders to himself. To contemplate the impending match on the horizon.

Pierce Donovan: Buffalo and Wakefield will face each other in the 8-Ball qualifier tonight, but for Sanders he has Poyser waiting for him. Thoughts?

Jasper Phoenix: It is an all or nothing match for Sanders. If he wins, he stays on track. If he loses, well then everyone is going to question the legitimacy of everything that the Franchise has been saying in recent months. The Messiah is going to be seen as nothing more than the Great Pretender.

Sanders would look directly into the camera lens, as he would begin to speak.

Steve Sanders: Tonight is the first leg of the journey, when I wipe a random rook off the face of the planet. I don’t know what management were thinking, but they’ve thrown me a sacrificial lamb who will fall victim to my sword. The body of my work has proven to everyone over the years, why I am the face of professional wrestling and in this exact moment in time why I am the face of AMA! I am the chosen one and it is my destiny to be the man at the very end of this rush for gold, that will have their hand raised in the air as I am handed the Grand Championship. I am the god damn saviour of this company, and I am the only person worthy of winning the gold. So I would advise everyone to get out of my way because ‘The Franchise’ is putting this whole roster on notice, and I will end this entire tournament as the last man standing.

Steve then proceeds to stand up, as he walks past the camera and out of shot.

ama22catch3c.png

AMA GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP
Gold Rush Tournament
8-Ball Challenge Elimination Qualifying Match
Final 2 Survivors Advance to Face Each Other in the Final Opening Round Match

Jake Wakefield v. Tetsuo Ishii v. Tora Fushimi v. Damien Axel v. Don Marshall v. Buffalo Jones v. Sicario v. Sean Cutter, Jr.

Reina de la Cruz: This opening match is an 8-ball challenge elimination match, with the two finalists going head to head later this evening to move forward in the Gold rush Tournament. Two competitors will be legal at a time I the ring but can be tagged out in any corner. Eliminations are by pinfall, submission, disqualification or count-out!

Reina de la Cruz: Introducing first accompanied with Malice, Damien Axel.

Damien comes out to Malice’s theme along with Hangman and Greyson flanking him on each shoulder, the grin and taunt the crowd with grimaces as the crowd sticks their thumbs down and boo them. They pose inside the ring, the step down.

Pierce Donovan: Here’s Damien with Malice at his side, looking as menacing as ever. Who knows what kind of chaos they plan on causing tonight?

Reina de la Cruz: Our next competitor, from Cripple Creek Colorado, Buffalo JOOOOOOOOONES!

The crowd erupts as Buffalo Jones comes out, taking a few slow uppercuts and then smiling at the crowd. He confidently walks down the ramp as the crowd continues to roar, and walks inside and poses on the top turnbuckle, all the while keeping an eye on Malice.

Jasper Phoenix: the good ol boy, this crowd is on fire for him, but does he still have the gas to do this? I doubt it!

Reina de la Cruz: And now, from Chicago Illinois, he is the gatekeeper of AMA, JAKE! WAKEFIEEEEEELD!

Wakefield’s theme blasts loudly as he comes out to a roaring cheerful crowd, he slaps some hands angrily and storms to the ring, getting face to face with Jones for a moment, but then backing away to pose on the turnbuckle.

Pierce Donovan: Listen to this crowd, they love the gatekeeper too!

Jasper Phoenix: He’s a filthy brigand and he makes me sick, honestly. He’s a pyscho, plain and simple, dangerous!

Reina de la Cruz: The fourth opponent, from Saskatchewan, Canada and accompanied by The Northern Touch, DOOOOON MARSHALLLLL!

The Northern Touch walkout together with swagger to an immense amount of booing. Johnny and Bobby dramatically pose pointing at done who does his patented smoke blowout taunt. Bobby slaps him on the back and Don walks angrily to the ring, Johnny not far behind. They pose together in the ring, and Johnny goes down to the floor as Bobby Tremblay makes his way to commentary.

Bobby Tremblay: Hope you don’t mind, I thought I’d bring the ratings up tonight boys!

Pierce Donovan: Oh joy, always a pleasure Bobby, Always a pleasure…

Reina de la Cruz: from Tokyo, Japan, the leader of shrug nation! Tetsuo Ishiiiiiiii!

Ishii comes out with large bandages over his ribs but is still doing his best effort to wave to the cheering crowd. He does his poses on the ramps but visibly is struggling with his injured ribs. Yuki Blossom is visibly missing.

Pierce Donovan: Tetsuo showing obvious signs from the assault he suffered at the hands of a masked man, as we saw earlier this week. It appears his old life is catching up to him and they even threatened his daughter, AMA’s Yuki Blossom should he win another match!

Jasper Phoenix: We’ve also been told he told Yuki to stay away from the ring until these issues are sorted.

Bobby Tremblay: I’m just glad I’m not this guy, I wouldn’t mess with the Yakuza boys!

Reina de la Cruz: Also hailing from Japan, Tora Fushimi!

Tora makes a stylish entrance down the ramp full of swagger and fanfare. He looks upon the crowd over his oversized sunglasses and marches to the ring.

Bobby Tremblay: This guy’s got swagger but does he have what it takes to become a champion like my boy Don? Please…

Pierce Donovan: He’s shown some great success so far in AMA, you should have been scouting better Bobby.

Bobby Tremblay: How dare you besmirch my scouting team. You are incredibly rude sir!

Reina de la Cruz: And finally, the last two opponents. First, from Mexico, accompanied to the ring by The Baroness, Sicario!

Baroness comes out first while clapping with exaggeration, introducing Sicario, who gets on his knees, kisses the ground and point towards the sky. Baroness talks smack to the booing crowd as the make their way to the ring.

Bobby Tremblay: Now that’s a woman! Wow!

Pierce Donovan: Keep you jaw off the floor gentlemen….

Reina de la Cruz: And the final fighter, from Ontario Canada! The Favorite Son! SEAN! CUTTER. JUUUUUNIOOOOOR!

Bobby (standing up and clapping): YES! Sean! What an incredible athlete! Sculpted like a Greek god!

Pierce Donovan: Good grief

Jasper Phoenix: Haters going to hate, eh Bobby?

The crowd boos with no mercy as Sean Cutter Jr. has a massive smile walking down the aisle in a crisp suit. At ringside, he fists bumps both Johnny and Don Marshall, before posing in the ring to more boos.

Pierce Donovan: Well that’s all the competitors tonight. A draw was made at earlier in the evening and it has been decided that Damien Axel and Tora Fushimi. Will be interesting how this develops considering their past issues with each other.

The bell rings and Tora and Damien square off against each other. They lock up and Tora wins the battle as he puts Damien in a headlock and taunts to the crowd. Damien grabs his legs and tries to lift him for a backdrop. Tora flips I the air and lands on his feet. Fushimi goes for a running lariat, but Damien toe drags him to the ground, then locks in a headlock of his own. Tora get back to his feet and pushes Damien off towards the ropes, Tora tries to stick his shoulder out for the shoulder-block, but Damien throws a big nasty elbow to his face sending him to the ground. Axel flexes his muscles and taunts as the crowd boos.

Bobby Tremblay: Look at those glissening muscles gentlemen now that’s an athlete!

Tora tries to crawl to a corner to tag out but Don steps off the apron to ignore him. Damien grabs his leg, drags him back to center, and stomps him a few times for good measure. He brings Fushimi up for a suplex and slams him down with a vertical. Pinfall.

Tora kicks out easily. Both men stand back up, hip toss by Tora. Hip toss by Tora again, he’s firing up. A dazed Axel rushes in again but Tora catches him with a nasty lung-blower.

Pierce Donovan: Classic suplex there by Axel followed by a quick pin but he didn’t hook the leg at all and it was easy for Tora to kick out there.

Bobby Tremblay: I would never cover a guy like that, and I teach my boys better than that. This guy is good but he lacks the proper tutelage.

Jasper Phoenix: Tora with a lungblower out of nowhere watch out!

Cover.

Damien also kicks out. Tora goes to tag Tetsuo, but Hagman pulls him off the apron at the last moment. The referee goes over and berates Hangman. Don Marshall walks over the top rope and smokes Damien in the back of the head with a big boot and heads back to the apron before the referee is the wiser. Tora stumbles to his feet and goes for the cover.

Damien kicks out.

Pierce Donovan: And the numbers game already getting to be a huge factor in this match. Malice and Northern Touch getting involved earlier. I’m assuming this was part of the plan all along Bob?

Bobby Tremblay: It’s Mr. Bobby Tremblay Esquire, for one. Second, I would never give away my patented recipe for success for free, let alone for all you marks to hear. Pay me!

On the outside Malice argues with Don and Johnny joins the fray. They talk a bunch of shit on the outside and shove each other. The referee jumps to the outside to try to separate the two crews but is hit by a wild Johnny Lou superkick and is temporarily knocked out. Both teams back away from each other and Hangman and Grayson dive into the ring. They surround Tora and start stomping down on him. The referee is out on the outside. Jake Wakefield goes to enter the ring to enter the odds, but Don and Johnny pull him off the apron, and throw him into the barricade, neutralizing him. They high five.

Bobby Tremblay: Yes boys! That’s what I’m talking about. Beautiful brotherhood!

Pierce Donovan: Tough go for Wakefield there, he’s out cold.

Jasper Phoenix: Hold on now back in the ringMalice are giving the absolute boots to poor ol Tora.

Back in the ring the beating continues, as Axel dictates orders to his crew. Poetry in Motion by Grayson and Hangman. Axel demands they get him back on his feet and climbs the turnbuckle. Spike piledriver on Tora, who’s KO’d. They throw him to the outside and continue to swarm him and throw him shoulder first against the steel steps. Axel picks up the referee and throws him I the ring because he is in his way. Finally, the referee gets to his feet and notices them both o the outside and begins to count.

Pierce Donovan: They better watch out here or they could get counted out as those rules still do apply gentlemen.

Bobby Tremblay: We would never stoop to such tactics. We win like men!

Pierce Donovan: Sure…

Axel picks up Tora on his shoulder and makes a hand motion to the rest of Malice. They abruptly start walking down the ramp to the back without even looking back, Tora still on Axel’s shoulder.

Jasper Phoenix: Where the bloody hell are these fools going, there’s a match going on!

The referee signals to the announce table.

Reina de la Cruz: Tora Fushimi and Damien Axel have been counted out and eliminated. There are 6 warriors remaining.

Pierce Donovan: Well that was certainly unorthodox by Malice. They’ve cost Tora the match but also their own man as well.

Jasper Phoenix: Must be some sort of mind games Pierce!

Bobby Tremblay: They’ve got some problems with their minds and brains alright…

The six remaining men look at each other questioning who will go in next. Baroness yells that it’s Sicario’s time, so he enters the ring. Jake is still nursing his back on the outside. Tetsuo Ishii meets him in the middle of the ring, we have our next two legal men now. Deep lock up, but Ishii over powers the luchador and uses a Japanese armdrag to take down Sicario and locks in a short arm bar. He brings sicario back to his feet while commanding the wrist and sends him to the ropes with an irish whip. Ishii misses the lariat as Sicario dives under, hits the other ropes and hits a huricanrana. He remains layings down and tranquillo poses as Ishii shakes his head on the ground.

Pierce Donovan: What a showoff posing on the floor like that!

Jasper Phoenix: It’s called being tranquillo do you have no respect for the Lucha culture Pierce?

Bobby Tremblay: More blatant pro-Americanism on display what a surprise! Intolerant rat! Both men stand up and circle each other. Sicario goes for a lockup, but Ishii slips under and behind locking in the waist. He takes him down with a side slam keeping his back. Stand up, and another short takedown by Ishii. One more stand up, still holding the waist and back, Sicario throws a back elbow. Ishii ducks under, and counters with a Belly to Belly suplex. Cover.

Sicario kicks out. Baroness angrily screams on the outside. Ishii goes the corner and is about to take off for a lariat, but Jake Wakefield, back on the apron finally, slaps him in the back for the tag. The crowd cheers as Jake looks for payback on anyone working for Cutler.

Pierce Donovan: But here’s Jake Wakefield back in action after getting attacked on the outside earlier and the crowd is roaring for him, let’s go!

Bobby Tremblay: My dog showers more than this guy, how can you even cheer for someone like that!

Sicario tries to run to the corner but Jake grabs him from behind and slams him to the mat. Sicario stands back up quickly and whips around but here comes Wakefield. Wakefield lands nasty lariat, and another, and third. Sicario stands back up dizzy as hell, Wakefield kicks him in the gut, DDT. Hooks the leg.

Sicario manages to get out of it at 2. Wakefield is fired up and picks him back to a vertical base. HE irish whips Sicario to the corner and Sicario goes crashing back first. Wakefield rushes and jumps up and lands a big corner splash. He fist pumps a roaring crowd. He goes to attack Sicario again, but Baroness climbs the apron and berates the official who hoes to calm her down.

Pierce Donovan: This damn loudmouth woman really getting in the face of the official here, he should consider getting her the hell out of here!

Bobby Tremblay: And now sexism! Is there nobody you DON’T hate on Mr. Donovan?

Pierce Donovan: What the hell..

Jasper Phoenix: Embarrassing Pierce.

Sean Cutter Jr. sneaks in and low blows Wakefield and rolls back under the ropes as the crowd is pissed and boos him to all hell. Sicario grabs Wakefield, locks is two under hooks and hits an underhook powerbomb. Deep jackknife cover follow-up.

Wakefield kicks his feet out at 2 and half to the crowd gasping and cheering. Baroness and Sean Jr. swear on the outside in disbelief. Sicario taps on the mat and yells and Sean and Baroness on the outside and points to the opposing corner that is currently empty. Sicario drags Wakefield and throws him back first into the corner and lands some nasty punches to the stomach. The referee intervenes after Sicario takes advantage of the 10 rule and get an extra 11th punch in. Wakefield is grabbing his stomach in pain.

Pierce Donovan: Sicario stretching the rules

Jasper Phoenix: Brilliant if you ask me!

Bobby Tremblay: If you ain’t cheatin you ain’t tryin!

Baroness gets on the apron to slap Wakefield, but the referee manages to stop her in time. With his back turned, Sean gets into the ring again as Sicario holds Wakefield in a full Nelson. Sean takes aim and throws a huge superkick as Wakefield. At the last moment, Wakefield manages to slip down and duck under the kick, resulting in Sean Cutter Jr super kicking Sicario instead. Sean tries to check on Sicario but Wakefield cuts him off with a massive clothesline sending him over the top rope and onto the floor. The referee hears the smack and turns around, just in time for Wakefield to walk up to Sicario and deliver a big stomp to the back of the head, sending his face violently into the mat. Deep cover.

Reina de la Cruz: Sicario has been eliminated!

Bobby Tremblay: No no no no no! That’s not…Dammit! *he shuffles some papers around*

Pierce Donovan: Wakefield with an incredible display of toughness and savvy. Great ring awareness too! What a stomp. Bye bye Mr. Sicario take that damn jezebel with you too!

Jasper Phoenix: So bias Pierce…

Jake tries to pause and celebrate for a moment with the crowd, but Baroness has none of it. She gets halfway through the ropes yelling in Spanish causing both ref and Wakefield to turn to her. Don Marshall rushes in the ring and clobber Wakefield from behind with a forearm. He then spends a good 20 seconds stomping the ever-living hell out of him. He looks at Sean and tells him to get this ass in the corner. He lifts Wakefield by the throat with both hands and throws him backwards into the turnbuckle. Tag to Sean.

Bobby Tremblay: My man Cuttler Jr. I love this kid, what a prospect. What a man!

Pierce Donovan: Are you going to be alright? Do you need a tissue?

Bobby Tremblay: Is he always this crass?

Jasper Phoenix: Always

Pierce Donovan: good…grief….

Sean jumps into the ring and hold Jake’s chest up with both hands as Don Marshall lifts his right arm and brings it down for a thunderous chest slap sending Jake to the ground. They both stomp on Jake until the referee forces Don out who lifts his arm I the air and walks through the ropes. The crowd begins to get grumpy, perhaps seeing what is about to maybe happen here.

Bobby Tremblay: In and out boys! Yes!

Pierce Donovan: Isolating the man with some quick tags and teamwork. Can’t say that;s a bad strategy, albeit not popular with the crowd.

Jasper Phoenix: Who cares!

Bobby Tremblay: these mouth breathing hicks don’t pay me, my clients do!

Sean brings Jake to his feet and bring him into a stalling vertical suplex and slowly bringing him down crashing. Jake grabs his back as Sean rises and taunts the booing crowd, taking a bow. He turns around and boot washes the side of Jakes face as he tries to get up. Jake finally gets up and take a wild swing, but a fresher Sean simply side steps and throws him face first into the corner turnbuckle. As Wakefield grabs his face, Sean walks over and tags Don Marshall in. Looks like they are working together for now.

Bobby Tremblay: going to work baby going to work! Watch this!

Don walks over the top rope, and grabs Wakefield by the throat. Don lays on his back and brings both his knees up with a smile on his face. Don lifts Wakefield up and chokeslams him onto Sean’s knees. Double leg hook cover.

Wakefield kicks out at two and half but looks visibly messed up and exhausted. Don however does not let up and begins choking him on the ground with both hands causing the referee to run over and desperately try to get him to stop. Don stops after the five count and gets up violently trying to intimidate the referee. Wakefield desperately tries to reach the opposing corners to either Ishii or Buffalo, but Don grabs his leg and drags him back to his corner. He places Wakefield on the top turnbuckle and tags in Sean.

Pierce Donovan: Wakefield is barely awake here and barely hanging on. If it wasn;t for his incredible tenacity and truculence…A lesser man would be done let’s just say that!

Bobby Tremblay: Yeah well Big Don is about to take out the trash. Say goodnight to Mr. trash wrestling.

Sean comes in and Don puts his arms under Wakefield’s pits lifts him and hits a blackout powerbomb. Sean runs up to the top rope himself and hits an elbow drop right to heart. He goes to pin him, but Don pulls him off apparently wanting to do the pin himself after his own big move. Sean pushes Don Marshall who know gets as red as fire and grabs him by the chest. Sean tries to back up but trips over the body of Wakefield who senses something amiss and immediately follows through with a schoolboy roll. Don backs way and lifts his arms and smiles.

Reina de la Cruz: Sean Cutter Jr. has been eliminated.

Jasper Phoenix: Oh some interns are going to get fired tonight…Bobby how could you?

Bobby Tremblay: Every man for himself!

Pierce Donovan: But it appeared Wakefield was done! Had they kept working together they could have kept working together to the final 2!

Bobby Tremblay: Don isn’t big on sharing ok! Do you ever be quiet?

Sean Cutter whines and cries as he and Baroness leave the ring and arena swearing and screaming at the officials and Don Marshall. Johnny laughs on the outside. Buffalo Jones has seen enough and walks through the ropes and grabs Wakefield by the leg, drags him to the corner and tags himself in. The faceoff I the middle of the ring as the crowd gasps at the two big men sizing each other out. Don gets nose to nose with Jones, who doesn’t back down an inch. They mouth off at each other for a bit and Don shoves him off violently.

Pierce Donovan: Too big hosses here we go! This crowd is loving this matchup and even more so the courage of one Buffalo Jones.

Buffalo winds up and takes a swing right hook that connects square on the jaw of Don Marshall. Don smiles and sticking his finger on Buffalo’s chest. Buffalo shoves his hand away but Don answers by slapping him right across the face, silencing the arena instantly. Buffalo’s eye light up as Don laughs in his face. Don takes a swing, but Jones fucks under the punch and counter with a double axe handle. Don stands but Buffalo hits yet another axe handle. The crowd is roaring.

Pierce Donovan: listen to this crowd! Jones is on fire with these axe handles and finally giving the big bully some comeuppance.

Bobby Tremblay: He’s obviously on some sort of testosterone enhancer! No way an old guy like that can move like that!

Pierce Donovan: Arthritis setting in early Bob?

Bobby Tremblay: You shut your damn mouth Pierce!

Don stands up steaming and stomps around as the crowd continues to cheer for Jones. He runs once more at Buffalo but once again he’s too craft. He side-steps the Big Marshall and gets behind him, grabs him by the waist and lifts him off the ground and drops him tail bone first onto his knee for the atomic drop. Don grabs his backside much to delight of the crowd. Jones bullrushes forward now and hits a massive spinebuster. Hooks the leg for the cover.

Don pushes him off immediately as the crowd boos. Ishii having not a hand I the match yet sticks out his hand at Buffalo who smiles, looks at the crowd who agrees, and tags him in. Ishii jumps over the tops top rope. Buffalo and Ishii grab an arm each and launch Don to the ropes and give a good old-fashioned double backdrop. Ishii makes his shrug nation taunt while hanging over the ropes as Buffalo smiles and gets back to the corner.

Pierce Donovan: strategy coming into play here from the remaining competitors. Good teamwork by Ishii and Buffalo to isolate the bigger man and try to take him out of this match. Smart.

Jasper Phoenix: I find it rather distasteful.

Bobby Tremblay: That’s because it’s the work of COWARDS jasper. Yellow bellied cowards!

Ishii grabs Don by the neck and stands him up but Don cuts him off with short uppercut chop to the throat stopping him dead in his tracks. He follows up with a clubbing blow to Ishii’s back. He tries to grab Ishii but now Ishii counters with an elbow to the stomach, and another! Snap fisherman suplex out of nowhere and holds it for the pin.

Pierce Donovan: Wow what suplex by Ishii deep cover!

But once again Don kicks out angrily at one. Buffalo slaps the top turnbuckle looking for the tag! Ishii goes to tag out but Wakefield shoves Buffalo out of the way and tags Ishii at the last moment. Ishii does his patented shrug and gets back on the apron.

Pierce Donovan: what is Wakefield doing? I’m not sure this is the smartest thing when he could be resting…

A punch-drunk Wakefield stomps in and charges at Don. Unfortunately, this was a bad plan as Don lifts his ass up, spins a 360 and slams him down on the canvas for a Deep Six sidewalk slam. Deep cover.

Wakefield barely manages to get a shoulder up at the very last moment. Don grabs him by the hair and uppercuts him in the face. Don then irish whips him hard into the far corner. He does his patented smoke taunt and stomps his foot. Wakefield tries to move but a snaky little Johnny Gagnon wraps his arms around his leg trapping him. Don launches himself full steam ahead and hits the Shit Kicker pump thrust kick. Wakefield folds in half and lands face first on the mat. Don lays down beside him, flips him on his back and places both his hands on his chest and he stick his tongue out into his wild beard.

Reina de la Cruz: Jake Wakefield has been eliminated.

Pierce Donovan: Oh give me a break again? Bobby can your guys ever win without some cheap garbage? This is just getting sad…

Bobby Tremblay: Sounds like the words of sore loser who’s NOT getting laid tonight or showered in champagne. Sucks to be you Pierce!

Jasper Phoenix: Can I come?

Bobby Tremblay: My people will call you if we can find a spot for you…

Don stands up and beats his chest soaking in the boos at his despicable act. In comes Ishii looking headstrong. Don goes for the Shit Kicker right away, but Ishii side steps and hits a german suplex. Don stands back up and takes another swing, but Ishii lifts and drops him coconuts first for the invert atomic drop and immediately follow up with a flatliner. Cover.

Pierce Donovan: FLATLINER! What a sequence!

Don kicks out at two. Ishii stands up and waves his hands I the air to pump the crowd up. The cheer SHURG NATION over and over as he does his patented shrug and takes a huddle position. Don stumbles to his feet and Ishii takes off and hits a spear! Don grabs his ribs in pain. Ishii brings him back up I the air for a suplex position and jump in the air for a vertical neckbreaker combination. Single leg hook cover.

2 ½

The crowd gasps as Marshall manage to get a shoulder up just in time. Ishii shrugs again and points to the crowd signaling he’s going to end it.

Pierce Donovan: How my god he almost had him! Shrug Nation is going wild listen to this crowd! They want the heart grabbing man to take out this big bully once and for all folks!

Bobby Tremblay: (nervously) He’s…He’s fine. Don is just resting right now!

On the opposing side Buffalo is trying to catch his breath in the corner when Johnny Lou grabs him by the foot and pulls him down to the floor, almost causing hi mto slip and fall. Jones lands on his feet and blocks a right from Le Fantastique just in time. Buffalo then counters with a right of his on right in the middle of Johnny’s face who screams and grabs his nose. Buffalo irish whips him chest and face first into the ring post to add insult to injury. Johnny bounces off the post to a thud and continues to cover his face, blood now leaking from under his hands. However, Buffalo Jones isn’t quite finished with the miscreant, he grabs a waistlock and sends Johnny Lou flying backswards with a release german suplex sending the brash fresh Canadian into the barricade.

Bobby Tremblay: Oh for frick….Dammit Johnny that’s not how…

Pierce Donovan: fumbling with our words are we?

Bobby Tremblay: Dammit why do you always make this such a hostile work environment! This is harassment!

Pierce Donovan: uh huh…

Back in the ring Ishii is setting up Don Marshall for the Beni-Plex as he gets waist and wrist control behind him. He slowly lifts him backwards inch by inch as the crowd gasps and cheers, ultimately smashing Don Marshalls neck and head onto the mat. Ishii then maintains control and arch his back into a bridge for the pin.

The crowd gasps as man pushes his way through the crowd to the front of the opposing barricade wearing a dark demon Japanese mask, he’s holding up a large piece of paper.

Ishii can see the man from his pinning position and recognizes this is the same man who assault him earlier this week. The camera zooms in on the piece of paper and it’s a photo of Yuki Blossom. The man tears it in half as the crowd boos.

Pierce Donovan: wait a minute! What is this man doing here! That’s the same man who attacked Tetsuo Ishii and injured his ribs earlier this week! And he’s just torn a picture of his daughter yuki Blossom. What the hell does that mean? What does he want?

Ishii loosens up the pin and count is stopped as he focuses his attention on the man who is now points at the picture then at Tetsuo all the while yelling in Japanese. Ishii temporarily loses his wits and simply gets up and goes towards the ropes to try and reach the mysterious man threatening his daughter. As Ishii leans over the top rope Don manages to crawl over and pull his right foot back causing Ishii to fall neck first onto the ring rope.

Pierce Donovan: Oh not like this! Get this man out of here! Someone arrest him! Yuki could be in danger!

Bobby Tremblay: All is fair in love and war! Come on Donny!

The referee still distracted by the match Buffalo continues his onslaught on Johnny Lou who is now simply trying to escape the larger angry man. Buffalo goes for a big lariat but he side steps it and goes for a super kick. The veteran however catches the kick and laughs. He sweeps Lou’s free leg sending him down on the floor, grabs him behind both knees and catapults him back over the railing. Johnny’s body wraps around the barricade as he tumbles over it and onto his back finally lying motionless.

Bobby Tremblay: I got to check on my man! *leaves*

Pierce Donovan: I thin it’s lights out for Mr. Gagnon after that asswhooping by Buffalo! But Ishii still in a lot of trouble in there!

Jasper Phoenix: he’s concerned for his client who is like a son to him have a damn heart!

Back in the ring Don is back on his feet as Ishii grabs his throat and desperately trying to reach at the masked man I the crowd. Don takes full advantage and gets behind him in a gutbuster lift and drops Ishii rib first onto his knee. Ishii screams in pain as his taped-up ribs continue to take a savage assault. Don maintains the gutwrech and lifts Ishii back up and slams him down onto his knee as the crowd boos. Don does it two more times then throws Ishii on the ground violently. Ishii is barely conscious and grabs his ribs while coughing. Don penalty kicks him in the ribs as hard as he can. The crowd is insanely irate as the referee pleads with Don and checks on Ishii. Don shoves the referee and wraps his bicep around Ishii’s throat and locks in the bulldog choke.

Pierce Donovan: Deep Bulldog Choke after the absolute mugging and assault on the already injured ribs. He’s got that bicep deep under his chin Jasper…

Jasper Phoenix: He’s done I tell ya, D O N E !

The crowd cheers on for Ishii to reach the ropes and Buffalo gets back o the apron and sticks his hand out for a tag. Ishii fights on and tries to crawl. Don takes his free arm and punches Ishii twice in the ribs, then reapplies the chokes deeper. Ishii begins to choke and foam at the mouth. The referee is forced to stop the match as Ishii loses consciousness.

Pierce Donovan: Dammit…That’s it…What an effort from Ishii but no man could withstand this kind of savagery. No one is blaming him tonight…Go take care of your daughter….

Reina de la Cruz: Ladies and gentlemen, your winners of this match and advancing to the opening round of the Gold Rush Tournament… Buffalo Jones and Don Marshall!!!

Jasper Phoenix: Buffalo Jones and Don Marshall are you winners of this match. But hold on…Don appears to not be letting go of the hold!

Pierce Donovan: For god’s sake you’re going to kill him! Let him go dammit, his daughter could be in danger!

The referee waves his hands and tells Don to let go but he refuses. Buffalo runs into the ring and shoves Don off him and screams that it’s over. Don immediately gets chest to chest with him and they exchange words. Bob Tremblay enters the ring and gets between them and tells Don it’s time to go. Don raises his fist in the air and makes belt motions around his waist while staring daggers at Buffalo Jones who simply starts to chuckle and tells him to bring it on.

Pierce Donovan: There goes Don walking away with his crew in tow. What a matchup later this evening and what absolute chaos!

Jasper Phoenix: It’s going to be an absolute slobber knocker. Do not miss these two giants duking out later this evening folks!

Aleister-Black.jpg

The backdoor of the Bojangles arena swings open and Shinzo Omega walks through carrying his ring gear in a. He’s wearing a black on black suit and walking with purpose looking forward. As he’s dragging his bag Mona Darling accosts him and he puts it down for a quick interview.

Mona Darling: Shinzo Omega! Tonight, you face Christopher McMichaels in a one of one match to move to the next round of the road for gold championship tournament. Now we know you’ve had your fair share of issues with the Hamad Agency as of late, so what is your mindset like right?

Shinzo Omega: Mona The Hamad Agency may have put me out of action last time we faced off but as they all found out back at their little bougie tree house, only the Omega choose when things have come to an end. Tonight I take the first step in claiming the top prize in professional wrestling and ensuring that it isn’t stained by some honor-less cowards. Cowards like …

Christopher McMichales walks into the shot, Shabazz Hamad behind him.

Christopher McMichaels: Cowards like who Shinzo? Like me? See I don’t think you should be throwing any sort of insults after what you did last to us, in our place of business mind you. See you act like you are better than us but you are nothing but a thug and criminal! The difference is you are a loner with no one to watch your back. You watching this Max maverick?

Shinzo Omega: You won’t be talking so smoothly after I break your jaw under my heel boy…

Christopher McMichaels: yeah yeah we will see. Tell you what, since you seem to want to act like a thug and all…Why don’t I treat you like the dumb beast that you really are? Face me in a street fight, if you got the guts.

Shinzo stares deeply into his eyes and cracks a wicked smile.

Shinzo Omega: Thought you’d never ask…

Shinzo walks away and Hamad slaps the back of McMichaels as they also walk their separate ways. The camera continues to follow Shinzo around the corner as he accosted by Saus X to a loud pop from the live crowd.

Saus X: Shinzo wait...

He grabs his arm as Shinzo looks up and glares at him coldly.

Saus X: You don't need to worry about watching your back tonight.

Shinzo Omega: I didn't ask for your help kid...

Saus X: And I'm not asking for your permission...

Both men stare at each other for a moment. Shinzo cracks a short smile, releases his arm from Saus's grip, and walks away. The feed switches to a locker room where Max Maverick sits alone staring at a monitor showing the current feed. He rubs his chin.

ama22catch3c.png

AMA GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP
Gold Rush Tournament
Opening Round Match

Killer Kandi v. Maxwell Marquee

Pierce Donovan: So Jasper, who do you have coming out on top in this next contest? Do you favour the more experienced Killer Kandi or hot rookie Maxwell Marquee?

Jasper Phoenix: Serious question Donovan?

Pierce Donovan: Completely, I was hoping to engage on who you think is coming out on top.

Jasper Phoenix: As much as I hate to say, and as much as I think Marquee is a hot talent I do think that Kandi is the favourite coming into this contest especially considering she has Miss Anarky in her corner. Having someone watching your back, always gives you an edge irrespective how much that person gets involved.

As Porcelain Black plays around the arena, Killer Kandi steps out from the back with Miss Anarky following her to the ring. The pair exchange words as Kandi fist bumps a few members of the crowd as she is introduced.

Reina de la Cruz: Introducing first, hailing from Memphis, Tennessee - the Diamond Breaker...KILLER KANDI!

Kandi and Miss Anarky exchange some final words, before Kandi clambers up the ring steps and enters the ring and smiles as she flexes her biceps in a pose before removing the shades she was wearing and looking towards the back for her opponent.

Pierce Donovan: Killer Kandi is a rare breed in the Gold Rush, as she is one of only two women taking part in the tournament. I know for sure she really wants to get as far as possible.

Jasper Phoenix: There will be a number of serious contenders waiting for her in the later rounds, so I’ve got no doubt that will motivate her to walk away with a win today.

The lights go out, except for a lone spotlight being shown on the man standing on stage. He’s wearing a fancy-looking scarf around his neck, and he’s holding a skull in his hand as he looks deeply into it as the faint sound of his theme music plays.

Reina de la Cruz: And his opponent, hailing from...

Maxwell Marquee: Excuse me! That is my job!

Reinia stops speaking immediately as the Marquee Attraction very much cuts her off.

Maxwell Marquee: I come to you from Broadway, New York, and I weigh in at 230 lb. I am the reason that all of you are here tonight. I am “The Classic,” “The Drama King,” I am...Maxwell...Marquee!

Jasper Phoenix: This rookie has got a great attitude and I have no doubt that after a bit of time working in the biz he is going to go on to bigger and better things.

Pierce Donovan: We clearly have very different ideas of what a good attitude is but I will table that conversation.

The theme music picks up, and Marquee finally makes his way down. The crowd lets him know how they feel with more jeers, and he looks out at them with a smug, disgusted look as he clambers up into the ring and turns his nose up at Kandi as he poses like the megastar in the middle of the ring before remove his extra attire and getting ready for the contest.

DING DING DING

Kandi and Maxwell walk towards each other, and Kandi offers Maxwell her hand although Marquee dismisses his opponent making it quite clear that he has no interest in engaging in that sort of behaviour. Instead he claps his hands together and says something, before making a shoving gesture. Kandi smiles and opens up her body to Maxwell.

Jasper Phoenix: Looks like we are going to have an impromptu shoving contest.

Pierce Donovan: A test of strength, will give the winner of this a slight psychological advantage at least for the early stages of this match.

Maxwell shoves at Kandi first, and despite being considerably short Killer holds her ground as Maxwell invites her to have a go herself. As Kandi comes forward though, Maxwell sneakily ducks and instead catches his foe square on the chin with a stiff uppercut and then judo tosses Kandi over his waist and drops her down onto the floor. Rather than follow up, Maxwell claps his hands to offer himself an applause before taunting not only Kandi but also the fans as he leans over and bows as if what he just did was a great achievement. Kandi looks less than pleased as she clambers back up to her feet and with all her force shoves Maxwell backwards, who has no intention of engaging anymore as rather than come back he rolls underneath the bottom ropes and exits the ring.

Jasper Phoenix: Good ring awareness by Maxwell, no need to let Kandi dictate the terms of this fight. He takes the pressure off himself and gives him a moment to catch his breath.

Pierce Donovan: A more inexperienced opponent might have taken the bait, but Kandi is just going to hold her position and wait for Maxwell to climb back in.

Maxwell realising that Kandi is going to pursue him and annoyed that the referee has started to count him out, rolls underneath the ropes but before he can stand up he is met at the pass and Kandi stomps down heavily on Maxwell punishing him for his overconfidence and would rain down a number of stomps before the referee would enforce that Kandi stand back and allows Maxwell to cleanly enter the ring and get onto his feet. Kandi didn’t look too pleased with the ruling, but would step back despite looking clearly annoyed.

Jasper Phoenix: Is the referee meant to be doing that Donovan? I don’t believe that there is anything about allowing someone to stand up in the rules?

Pierce Donovan: The truth is that some referees like things to play out one way and others another. It is at the official discretion of how they officiate the match, and Kandi was wise not to argue and step back.

Maxwell would clap his hands together applauding the referee for his action, before smiling in the direction of Kandi before kissing his middle finger and blowing her a kiss whilst flipping her off at the same time. The looks that Kandi was giving her foe, it was clear that she was seething as she would make way towards Maxwell and grab hold of his hands forcing him to lock up with her and would twist at his wrists trying to gain some leverage, but as Maxwell twisted he would donkey kick Kandi in the knee forcing her to loosen up her grip and allowing Maxwell to break free. Marquee, ever being the showman, would once again bow to the audience for this feat. Kandi though, was in a foul mood now and she would drive a forearm straight into Maxwell’s jaw completely catching him off guard and then taking hold of him and planting him over by laying him out with the Falcon Arrow! As Kandi would go for the pin though, once again Maxwell would exit underneath the ropes preventing Kandi from capitalizing on the situation.

Jasper Phoenix: Another strategic escape by Maxwell, but all this is telling me is that Kandi is going to have to really turn up the pressure and look to inflict some real damage if she is going to prevent him from pulling this same tactic once more.

Pierce Donovan: As much as I am not a fan of this approach to wrestling, it's clear that Maxwell Marquee came to the ring with a clear plan and he is exacting that right now.

Jasper Phoenix: He needs to get into the ring and fight, instead of being such a damn coward!

On this occasion though Kandi would chase after Maxwell, and completely take the bait because as soon as he stepped out of the ring she would be struck in the side of the head with a leading right jab, but as he would attempt a second Kandi would grab hold of Maxwell incoming’s punch and push his backwards which would clearly startle Maxwell, who would turn on his axis and start to run away from Kandi as he would circle the ring and Miss Anarky would stand in his path. Rather than change his trajectory though, Maxwell would bizarrely run straight into Anarky and then proceed to tumble onto the floor holding his head looking reminiscent of a European soccer player as he was rolling around on the floor.

Pierce Donovan: Maxwell ran straight into Miss Anarky and is now playing victim, what on earth is he trying to achieve from his performance he is putting on?

The referee though exitted the ring and was pointing and shouting at Miss Anarky who was holding up her hands innocently. The referee didn’t seem convinced, as much to everyone’s shock he would eject Miss Anarky from ringside and send her to the back.

Jasper Phoenix: What a genius move by ‘The Drama King’ by very simple means he has got Kandi’s second sent backstage which is surely going to change the tone of this match though!

With the referee still focused on Miss Anarky and demanding she return to the back, and with Killer Kandi also trying to convince the referee that Marquee had taken a dive, Maxwell had reached underneath the ring and was holding something in his hand. As the camera zoomed in on his hand, it actually seemed that he was holding a snowglobe. A strange item for the month of June, but with the referee still distracted Maxwell would grab hold of Kandi and pull her towards him before cracking the snow globe over head but rather than smash it would actually bounce off with Maxwell hitting her with the base rather than the glass only for the globe to smash on the floor. Kandi would grab at her head, clearly in a large amount of pain as Maxwell would drive a high knee into Kandi's chest before forcing her back into the ring.

Jasper Phoenix: A genius move by Maxwell, not only did he get Miss Anarky ejected but he also nailed Kandi with an illegal object that will no doubt give him an advantage moving forwards.

Pierce Donovan: I can only imagine, that if he had managed to connect with the glass rather than the base of the snow globe whether or not this match would be over.

Jasper Phoenix: I think it might have been intentional, if Kandi visibly had glass in her head I don’t think the referee would have had any choice but to bring the match to an end. Like I have been saying this whole time, Maxwell has had a plan from the very start of the match and I am starting to believe I was wrong to have doubted him earlier.

Maxwell took his time to get back into the ring, making sure that the referee was paying attention to him rather than noticing the broken snow globe. Maxwell would enter the ring once the referee had climbed back in and would leap up into the air and crash down on top of Kandi with a knee drop, that would look like it really hurt. Kandi was still down though, and was nursing her head. It looked like a thin trickle of blood was coming out from her head, and the impact of the globe had very much resulted in her bleeding. Maxwell would actually seem to be smiling as he noticed this fact, as he would take hold of Kandi’s neck and wrench at it for a few seconds before releasing his grip and getting back onto his feet, bowing once again before doing the ‘drink it in’ pose almost as if to suggest that he was getting close to wrapping this match up.

Pierce Donovan: Maxwell is filled with confidence at this point, but I think perhaps he might be getting a bit ahead of himself. I think he is forgetting that Killer Kandi is a very hardy opponent and is used to taking a lot of punishment and I really don’t think her day is done yet. I really think he is making a big mistake here.

Jasper Phoenix: You need to believe Maxwell! This is a real drama and he is our King! Maxwell is going to the next round of the Gold Rush!

Maxwell backs up in the corner of the ring and starts to clap his hands together, as he watches Kandi like a predator stalking his prey. Getting down to the ground, so that he has a low center of gravity as he just waits. Slowly Kandi gets back up to her feet, but Kandi spots Maxwell coming and steps out of the way only to grab Maxwell by his waist and send him flying over her shoulders with a belly-to-back suplex. Maxwell is quick up to feet, although looks flustered only for Kandi to collide into Marquee with a strong European Uppercut and then with the window open and taking every opportunity as if it was her last she spiked Marquee with the DIAMOND BREAKER! Rather than go for the cover though, Kandi would drop down onto the mat and smash Maxwell a couple times in the knee with stiff shots before locked in the Crossface and starting pulling at Maxwell’s head. Maxwell would do his best to fight it, and it actually looked like Kandi was actually whispering something into his ear as the Drama King would finally succumb as he was forced to tap out!

Reina de la Cruz: Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of this match via tap-out and advancing to the next round of the Gold Rush Tournament… Killer Kandi!!!

don-callis-9.jpg

Pierce Donovan: We’re now taking you backstage folks following one of the winners of the 8-man challenge, Don Marshall, who will be taking on the other finalist Buffalo Jones later this evening

Don is marching back and forth pacing, stroking his beard and mumbling loudly, with

Bobby Tremblay and Johnny Lou Gagnon standing by looking confused.

Bobby Tremblay: Hey Don! Keep that energy and anger for the ring later, eh? You’re giving me a headache with all the pacing, we just won!

Jean-Louis Gagnon: Yeah man, chill! Just gotta beat that old piece of washed-out trash Buffalo and we’re golden!

Don Marshall stops dead in his tracks and stares daggers right into Johnny Lou, causing him to take a step back. Don raises his hand and points his finger right on Johnny’s chest.

Don Marshall: Don’t ever tell me to relax boy!

Bobby Tremblay: (getting in between them quickly) Heyyyy Hey now, we’re only looking out for you big fella!

He puts his arm around Don

Bobby Tremblay: Now here’s what we’re going to do Don. We’re all going to walk down and as usually we’re going to take care of business, then...

Don Marshall: No

Don moves Bobby’s arm off of him

Bobby Tremblay: C’mon Don what are you talking about here?

Don Marshall: I said no! I’m going to break that old man in half by myself! This bush league federation of so-called wrestling is making ME wrestle two matches in one night? I’m going to make an example out of that decrepit weak piece of crap Buffalo Jones! I’m going to kick his head into the stands tonight for all these marks to see what a real man looks like!

Bobby Tremblay: Well that’s awesome sure but wouldn’t it be safer if we...

Don Marshall: Bobby, shut the hell up right now if you know what’s good for you!

As Bobby walks backwards shaking his head, we can see Saus X unwrapping some tape of his wrist walking in the background. This immediately fires up Don even more.

Don Marshall: You see that twerp back there Bobby? Huh? That kid doesn’t have to two matches tonight now does he?

Bobby Tremblay: No, he does not Don...

Don Marshall: Well I beat that boy’s ass blacker than the devil’s asshole 2 weeks ago didn’t I? I nearly broke that kid in half and somehow, he gets an easier ride than ME? I didn’t sign up to for participation trophies Bobby, so you best start pulling your weight before you make me even more angry. Now stay the hell out of my way before I break something of yours too!

Don walks away off screen furiously as Bobby and Johhny look at each other and shrug shaking their heads.

ama22catch3c.png

AMA GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP
Gold Rush Tournament
Opening Round Match

Pariah v. Max Maverick

Fade back into the interior of Bojangles Coliseum where the crowd on hand are still abuzz.

Jasper Phoenix: Now I don’t say this often, but this match we have up next sure looks like a show stealer, huh?

Pierce Donovan: I’m inclined to agree, Jasper! Next up, we’ve got Pariah vs. Max Maverick in a first round match-up, in a contest that I think many would say could have been the finals of this thing.

Jasper Phoenix: You can count me in on that. Can you name two more dominant competitors in AMA right now than Pariah and Maverick? This match right here should, for all intents and purposes, be for the AMA Grand Championship. And you can go ahead and mark my words: the winner of this match will be the winner of the whole tournament!

Pierce Donovan: Strong words, Jasper, and even so… I can’t disagree!

"Money for Nothing" hits and Max Maverick struts out on stage wearing his spike studded leather jacket over his black pants while being flanked by his bodyguard, Solomon Black. Max arrogantly walks down to the ring, miming a title belt around his waist and shouting at the camera, “The champ is here baybay!”.

Reina de la Cruz: Making his way to the ring and being accompanied by Solomon Black… weighing in at 227 pounds and hailing from Venice Beach… He is sweeter than chocolate cake and tougher than a two dollar steak, he is "THE Ace”... Max Maverick!!

Maverick enters the ring and walks a few laps around it, holding his arms high above his head all the while.

Pierce Donovan: As always, there’s no shortage of confidence being exuded from Max Maverick tonight, even in the face of the monster that is Pariah!

Jasper Phoenix: You wanna be the champion, the alpha, the leader of the pack? You’ve got to carry yourself like it. Max Maverick understands that. No matter the threat level, you can’t let any doubt show through.

The haunting opening of “Baby I’m Bleeding” by JPEGMAFIA begins over the venue’s PA systems as the lights dim all throughout the place. Shabazz Hamad struts onto the stage wearing an expensive looking suit, and stands still right in the center of the stage. Once the beat drops and JPEGMAFIA begins delivering his brash and incendiary lyrics, the hulking figure of Pariah steps out from the back. Shabazz Hamad steps to the side and holds his arms up, directing everyone’s attention towards his client who stands menacingly looking over the crowd.

Reina de la Cruz: Currently on the way to the ring, from the Flatbush neighborhood in Brooklyn, New York... weighing in at 472 pounds... he is “The Living Embodiment of Fear”... Pariah!!

The ultra heavyweight takes his time trudging his way to the ring as Shabazz Hamad trails him, shouting at fans along the aisleway. Pariah steps up to the apron, and then enters the ring by stepping over the top rope. He shoots a glare in the direction of Max Maverick who is leaning confidently against the ropes.

Jasper Phoenix: You can feel the gravity of this match-up, Pierce! We ought to be in for something incredible here.

Pierce Donovan: It’s that big fight feel you often hear so much about. Well, it’s real here tonight!

Pariah hits the ropes one time and comes out to the center of the ring, where he poses. On the outside, Hamad claps and continues to hype up his client. Looking unimpressed, Maverick laughs sarcastically, before climbing to the middle rope and posing to the crowd, who pelt him with boos of course.

Pierce Donovan: A bit of posturing here before the bell rings. Psychological warfare perhaps.

Both men are convinced to go to their corners by the referee, so that the match can begin.

*DING! DING! DING!*

The bell sounds and both men begin to circle the ring, as the buzz from the crowd raises, waiting to see these two seemingly unstoppable forces lock horns.

Pierce Donovan: The crowd is now reaching a fever pitch. Neither of these men may be popular with the crowd, but their acumen must be respected.

Jasper Phoenix: Well naturally these AMA fans hate anything great, but even they have to acknowledge the talent level in the ring right now.

Maverick squares up to engage in a collar and elbow tie-up. Pariah just stands straight up, looking down at Maverick, emotionless. Maverick tells the big man to “come on”. But instead, Pariah just slowly turns away, steps over the top rope and drops down to the floor.

Pierce Donovan: Hold on, what?

Pariah begins to slowly walk away from the ring. Maverick looks around with a smile. The referee is confused, and tries to yell at Pariah to get back in the ring, but Pariah is paying him no mind. So, the referee begins to count.

1…

2…

3…

4…

Pierce Donovan: Can someone please tell me what the hell is happening right now?

Jasper Phoenix: Beats me, Pierce. Maybe Pariah just remembered he left the stove on at home?

At this point, Maverick is now jogging around the ring, smiling like a fox as thunderous boos rain down. Pariah is nearly out of sight, and Shabazz Hamad is not far behind him.

5…

6…

7…

Pierce Donovan: Do Pariah and Shabazz not care about the championship? I’m just at a loss now, folks. I thought we were in for an instant classic, not whatever this is!

Pariah disappears behind the curtains. Shabazz stops at the top of the stage and turns around, looking down to the ring where Maverick is continuing to antagonize the audience.

8…

9…

Pierce Donovan: Not like this!

10!

*DING! DING! DING!*

Maverick has won by way of count out. He jumps to the middle rope and begins celebrating in dramatic fashion, as if he has just pulled out the victory of a lifetime! He gestures towards his waist and yells “This is where the Grand Championship alongs baybay! Right here!” into the camera. Hamad is still standing on the stage, but his expression gives nothing away. After a few moments, he turns and leaves through the curtain.

Reina de la Cruz: Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of this match via count-out and advancing to the next round of the Gold Rush Tournament… Max Maverick!!

The announcement just causes an uproar of boos.

Pierce Donovan: I think these fans are exactly justified in booing this monstrosity. We all thought we were in for something special here, but Pariah and Shabazz Hamad have robbed us of that!

Jasper Phoenix: Cry me a river, Pierce! You don’t think I wanted to see this match too? Of course I did! But, for all we know, Pariah may have had a last minute medical issue! I’m sure he has a perfectly valid reason for walking out of this match!

Pierce Donovan: I expect nothing less from you, but come on… put your biases aside for a moment and acknowledge the obvious: Pariah has just thrown this match! I couldn’t tell you why, but I have a gut feeling there’s more to this story than Pariah having a “medical issue”.

Jasper Phoenix: So quick to point the finger. I’m sure we’ll get an update later in the show, but how about for now you don’t go around making wild accusations?

Maverick drops out of the ring and throws his arm around the shoulder of his statue-esque bodyguard Solomon Black. Maverick is wearing a huge grin and completely no-selling all the furious fans who are leaning over the barricade and shouting at him.

Pierce Donovan: Well, I hope those answers come sooner than later. For now, let’s just move on to the next thing we’ve got. For the sake of all of us…

With that, the scene fades on the shot of Maverick talking about how great he is as he heads to the back.

0d44cff61cd781f95eb23336cf9b5bb75fc9c692.jpg

Liberty is walking in the halls backstage, with her wrestling bag slung over her shoulder and a wry grin on her face. Shadowing her by about six meters, was her new hire the British enforcer Brick who stood at about six feet four inches and was nothing short of domineering in his presence. Liberty had a tooth sticking out the side of the mouth, and would take it out as she was verging on her designated private locker room for the evening. As she pushed it open, rather than be faced with an empty room standing in the doorway holding a bottle of champagne and having a smug look on his face with his hair slicked back and a strut in his step was none other than Sean Classic.

Liberty Oliviera Lawson: Sean. I wasn’t expecting you to see you here.

Sean Classic presents the bottle of champagne and offers it to Liberty.

Sean Classic: I just wanted to congratulate you on your victory last week. I thought a bottle of Krug Private Cuvee would mark the occasion well, if you don’t mind me joining you.

Liberty smiled as she fluttered her eyelids at Sean.

Liberty Oliviera Lawson: Mhmmm sounds delicious Daddy, let me just talk to the help.

Liberty turns away from Sean and rolls her eyes and has a disgusted look on her face, the look someone has on their face when their skin crawls. Liberty pats Brick on the arm, as the large man turns to look down at Liberty.

Brick: Yes Miss.

Liberty Oliviera Lawson: If you can make sure nobody interrupts us Brick, that would be excellent. I have some business that I need to discuss with Mr. Classic.

Brick nods his head, but doesn’t actually say anything as Liberty enters the room and her tone goes back to one sounding sweet and naive, which is no doubt nothing but a complete ploy to fully take advantage of the present situation.

Liberty Oliviera Lawson: So big Daddy, what did you have on your mind?

Sean Classic beams with excitement, as he has already opened the extremely expensive bottle of bubbly and has poured it out into two glasses and offers one to Liberty.

Liberty Oliviera Lawson: Mmmm keep it on ice for me will you, I don’t drink before a match.

Sean nods his head approvingly.

Sean Classic: A wise decision, you are after all the betting man’s favourite going into this tournament. But I do think it would be in your favour to leverage the odds to give you a distinct advantage.

Liberty Oliviera Lawson: You planning on joining me at ringside, and guiding me to victory?

Sean shakes his head and takes a sip of the bubbly.

Sean Classic: I had something else in mind actually. Misandry could prove to be a useful tool for us, and I do think that with the right motivation she could really play a factor in your match with Conall this evening.

Liberty Oliviera Lawson: I don’t think I really need the help to be honest, don’t you think I can win on my own.

Sean Classic: It's not that I don't have faith in you sweet girl, but in this industry you need to stack the deck. You never know who is lurking around the corner hoping to steal your lunch.

Liberty nods her head pondering the situation, before her tone becomes less soft and more direct..

Liberty Oliviera Lawson: Doesn’t getting Miss Anarky involved, also means that the carny gets involved?

Sean Classic: You don’t need to worry about that clown. I have made it my personal business that you fall under my protection, and as much as I respect you for employing your own security that really wasn’t needed. I have you under my protection, and I have made it one of my top priorities to make sure you go all the way in this tournament. It is imperative that you go all the way in this tournament, especially now that you have my backing.

Liberty Oliviera Lawson: Well I am very thankful for the support you are showing me.

Sean winks at Liberty.

Sean Classic: I always take an interest in the best looking things in life.

Liberty Oliviera Lawson: Well that is a sweet thing to say.

There is a knock at the door, and Liberty looks relieved at the interruption as Brick enters the room and hands Liberty a package. Liberty looks back at Sean.

Liberty Oliviera Lawson: Thanks for stopping by Sean, but I really need to take care of the situation in this box.

Sean looks a little bit disappointed that his time with Liberty has come to an end, as Brick waits expectantly at the door for Sean to make his exit.

rYu7TgdhQNlYL02OyoBoysHnwy8HD0WQXlE0ulBM0qY.jpg

Pierce Donovan: We’ve just now found some backstage footage from some time earlier tonight caught on tape. Let’s look at what’s on here.

The feed switches backstage in the rest area near catering. The camera focuses on a couch where Yuki Blossom is sitting typing away on her phone with large cat eared earbuds sitting on her somewhat larger than average head. She hums along innocently as the crowd cheers in the arena.

A young handsome and brash looking Japanese man in an expensive suit walks around the corner and gets Yuki’s attention.

Pierce Donovan: Wait? Is that our AMA’s own…?

Ryoji-Senpai: Miss Blossom, I’m terribly sorry to disturb you but I require a moment of your time.

Yuki Blossom: Ah Ryoji-senpai! Am I finally getting another match!

Yuki jumps up from her seat fired up and starts bouncing up and down in a fighting stance. She starts punching the air and throwing high kicks while screaming loudly.

Yuki Blossom: Hiya!

Ryoji-Senpai: Well we don’t have a match scheduled for you tonight I’m afraid.

Yuki sticks her finger on her eyelid and pulls it down while sticking out her tongue. The crowd laughs.

Ryoji-Senpai: But I have some long-term plans for you that I think you would be interested in. Mr. Thawne informed me he had very high expectations of Yuki Blossom, and he wanted me to have a meeting with you to discuss your plans in AMA for the foreseeable future.

Yuki opens her mouth and lets it hang in disbelief for a dramatic pause.

Ryoji-Senpai: ….

Yuki Blossom: YAS!

Yuki pumps her fist with flair and style, posing for a moment as for some reason a breeze of wind blows her hair sideways. Aren’t we inside? Anyways…

Ryoji-Senpai: Now please if you could follow me to my office?

Yuki Blossom: Ya let’s go ya geezer!

Yuki runs ahead of Ryoji-senpai and walks through a double door while he walks casually down the hall. Once Yuki is out of sight, he pulls out a cell phone.

Ryoji-Senpai: *in Japanese* Yeah Boss…I got her…

He looks back towards the camera and grins maliciously. He walks towards the door and follows the direction of Yuki Blossom.

Pierce Donovan: What the hell is Ryoji talking about? Does this have to do with anything we saw earlier tonight in the 8 man match, where Yuki’s adopted father ran out after a deviant into the crowd? Have we been witnessed to actual kidnapping here?

Jasper Phoenix: Pierce I am calling backstage and the authorities right now; this is absolutely scandalous behavior! Criminal activity during a wrestling event! Can you imagine!

ama22catch3c.png

AMA GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP
Gold Rush Tournament
Opening Round Match

Don Marshall v. Buffalo Jones

Reina de la Cruz: And now, the match we’ve all been waiting for! The two finalists from this evening’s 8 ball challenge face off again, WINNER! TAKE! ALL! These two hosses dominated their way through the competition to survive to this point, but only one, can continue forward on the path the becoming the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! Introducing first, from Saskatchewan Canada, he calls himself THE LAW! BIIIIIG DOOOOOON MARSHAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!

Pierce Donovan: Here comes the big bruiser with his goons, I’m sure.

Ol’ Number 7 rings through the speakers loudly as Don Marshall walks with purpose through a cloud of smoke, his bug-eyes leering at the booing crowd from left to right. He performs his signature taunt of blowing smoke as Johnny Lou and Bobby Tremblay stand tall behind him. As they all begin to walk, Don pauses and turns, putting a hand on each of Johnny and Bobby’s chest, and shakes his head side to side, asking them to stay back. Bobby protests loudly, but Johnny shakes his head, looking bored and walks to the back. Bobby eventually gives up as well and Don makes his way to the ring by himself. He gets I the middle of the ring and cracks his knuckles on each hand as the crowd continues to boo away.

Jasper Phoenix: I don’t know about this, Don must have it in for Buffalo here. Leaving his troops behind, I’m not sure how smart that is…

Pierce Donovan: Perhaps Don has something to probe here. Or perhaps he doesn’t want anyone getting in the way of his extremely destructive nature. Guess we will simply have to find out, won’t we.

The crowd begins to rumble and chant BUFFALO as Reina looks onwards and brings the microphone to her face.

Reina de la Cruz: And his opponent…hailing from Cripple Creek, Colorado. BUFALLOOOOOOOO! JOOOOOOONES!

Silent Comedy plays and Jones walks out casually to a roaring crowd. He stretches his neck before walking down the entrance ramp, occasionally grabbing at few sore spots from the previous match. He high fives a small boy cheering him on the side rail before climbing up on the apron. He goes through the middle rope and stop halfway to look back and smile at the crowd who continues to cheer him on. He makes his way to his corner, staring daggers at Don, who also hasn’t averted his gaze. Both men then meet I the middle of the ring, eye to eye, brow to brow, as the referee puts a hand between them desperately. He goes through the rules of the bout quickly with them and gets the hell out of dodge.

Pierce Donovan: Get ready for an absolute war folks! Neither of the large gentlemen have any intention of backing down an inch and can throw absolute bombs!

Jasper Phoenix: More fireworks than the fourth of July! Let’s go!

The bell ring and both men immediately start throwing haymakers at each other. Don Marshall lands a straight right whipping back Buffalo’s head. Jones no sells it as best as possible however, and hits a left cross of his own. Don simply smiles. They grab each other by the back of each others heads and throw wild punches in quick repetition. Crowd cheers on as neither men appear to get the advantage. They stumble into the deep corner of the ring, and Buffalo is briefly stunned as his back hits the turnbuckle. Don attempts a corner lariat, but Buffalo ducks under to reverse. Jones spins Marshall around and lands a thunderous right hand chop. The crowd yells WOO! As Buffalo smiles, but Marshall stands tall and smiles like a crazy person.

Pierce Donovan: These men are landing hard shots Jasper, my goodness. Don just shrugged off a massive chop like it was a bug on a windshield!

Jasper Phoenix: They are made different in the north!

Don grabs Buffalo with both hands and throws him into the corner like he’s a small child, slamming his back against the turnbuckles. Buffalo grunts in pain and tries to block the incoming strike but Don changes it up, hitting a low knee to the abdomen while grabbing the rope for more leverage. The crowd boos as Don stops for a second to soak in the hatred. He lifts Buffalo’s slumping chest up with his left arm and violently brings him right hand down for an overhand chop to Buffalo’s bare chest. A very loud smack briefly quiets the crowd as the gasp.

Jasper Phoenix: Wow he’s going to feel that for a while Pierce! He chopped him down like a damn tree!

Pierce Donovan: It even silenced this raucous crowd, even if for only a moment! I don’t think Don is done yet, he’s looking to set the pace here Jasper.

Don screams and sticks his tongue out and runs up for a big splash, but this time, Buffalo simply sits down quickly, sends Don faces fist into the top turnbuckle pad. Buffalo positions himself behind a dazed Don, reaches back and hits a neck-breacker, sending both men to the canvas. The veteran reaches back in an attempt at a one-legged jack-knife cover .

One…

Don immediately kicks out, the referee not even finished with his 1 count. Both men sprawl to face each other and lock up as they come to their feet. They continue to tangle, but Don gets the upper hand and hammerthrows Buffalo towards the ropes. Buffalo comes flyng toward him off the ropes, Don sticks out the arm but Jones absorbs the lariat, screaming and slapping his chest. Buffalo grabs Don and this times whips him into the ropes. Jones goes for a lariat of his own, but Don also absorbs it into his chest. He makes his chest forcibly bigger and laughs out loud.

Pierce Donovan: Both men trying to intimidate each other here and show strength dominance. So far, neither one has given even a millimeter.

Jasper Phoenix: Were in America, not Europe Pierce!

Another lock up, Don overpowers Buffalo and attempts the hammerthrow. Buffalo reverses! Don gets sent to the ropes instead this time with Jones is hot pursuit. Don hits the back cables and a chasing Buffalo smokes him with a lariat, skinning the cat over the top rope and landing on his feet. Don grabs his head in shock. Jones gives chase as he grabs the top rope with both hands and sends himself flying over it, crashing chest to chest with Big Don, sending him flying back into the barricade. The crowd erupts and chants Buffalo’s name as he stands up grabbing his chest, then slamming his hands on the outside mat a few times to continue to pump them up.

Pierce Donovan: Buffalo Jones is firing up! What a lariat followed up by a massive splash to the outside. Don is on his ass wondering what the hell just happened!

Jasper Phoenix: Don is indeed in trouble here, come on man! This is where he could really be using Northern Touch at his side.

Pierce Donovan: Hard to deny that.

Buffalo marches towards a seated recovering Don Marshall with authority and grabs him bring him to a vertical base. Don looks limp so Buffalo attempts to irish whip him, however, Don was playing possum and throat punches the Colorado native. Don then reverses the irish and sends Buffalo back first onto the side of the ring. Buffalo tries to recover but Don follows up with a nasty right hook to the jaw. Buffalo grabs his jaw but Don strikes again, bragging his wrist and slamming the arm down on the apron. Buffalo winces and immediately grabs the back of his right arm. Not to be outdone, the enrage Don then grabs the hurt arm and Irish whips Buffalo into the steel steps, shoulder first. The crowd gasps and boos relentlessly as the ring official is begging both men to get back inside the ring.

Pierce Donovan: this official needs to get control back o nthis match, it’s turning into a bloody streetfight!

Don continues the onslaught. He brings Buffalo up to a vertical base and wraps his arm around the corner post, then whips to the inside furthering the damage done already as Jones grunts and winces some more. He stumbles over to the barricade and uses it as leverage to keep standing as he rubs his damages arm. Don does the smoke out taunt, and charges full speed at Buffalo going for a giant pump kick. Fortunately, Buffalo manages to get himself off the railing and dodge to the side clumsily, sending Don crotch first into the railing much to the crowd’s delight. Buffalo walks over still wincing in pain, grabs Don across the neck, and lifts him up for a vertical suplex onto the floor! Both men lay in pain, and Buffalo grabs his right arm, putting more strain into it with the previous move.

Pierce Donovan: How long is that arm going to be able to hold up! Huge suplex there finally to get Don off his back. But some damage is definitely already done.

Jasper Phoenix: Absolutely, but what a cheap move on the outside by Buffalo. Not very gentlemen like.

Both men lay on the outside to the referee begins his count.

Buffalo slowly comes to his knees.

Buffalo grabs on the ring and slowly gets to his feet.

Buffalo Slides into the ring and barely stays on his feet using the ropes as help

Don gets to his knees.

Don is slowly getting to his feet…

9….

Don manages to slide in before the 10 count. The crowd boos, but Buffalo motions him forward to bring it on. Don stumbles towards Jones and swings a wild right but he dodges and get a deep waist lock. He tries to lift Don put winces due to the weight. Don clubs away at the right elbow of Buffalo who finally releases the waist lock. Marshall grabs the wrist and brings down Jones to the mat with a Kimora attempt. The crowd boos as Don tries to use his powerful frame and strength advantage to snap Jones elbow in half.

Pierce Donovan: deep Kimora attempt here by Don, if he fully locks this in, it’s over and he’s breaking his elbow in two! But Jones isn’t ready to give up, pain be damned!

Jasper Phoenix: He’s going to tap any moment, Don’s got him right where he wants him.

They struggle on the mat but Buffalo manages to make his way to the ropes for a break. The referee count to 5 as Don refuses to let go, and Buffalo is finally left writhing in pain. Don shoves the refree aside, locks the wrist of the hurt arm, lifts Buffalo off his feet and drives him down the vanvas with a standing sidewalk slam. Hooks the leg and covers.

Jones kicks out right at two. Don slowly stink-eyes the referee, then grabs Buffalo by the hair and bring him back to his feet, only to lock in a deep side headlock, much to the charging of the crowd. Buffalo tries to power out but Don squeeze him further and kneels down for more pressure. He screams at him to give him up. The crowd begins to clap louder and loud. Buffalo takes their energy and begins to throw elbows into Don’s mid section.

Pierce Donovan: Here’s comes the Buffalo man! Takes more than a little headlock to keep him grounded folks!

After six elbows, Don finally gasps for air and releases the hold. Buffalo shakes off his right elbow and gets to his feet. Don goes for a lariat but Jones deeks it and slides his right arm under, and somehow, someway uses the momentum to get Don off his his feet and drives him down to the mat with an explosive Uranage! Buffalo grabs his elbows and loses a second before he can hook the leg.

Don kicks out at two.

Pierce Donovan: What a counter by Buffalo! Listen to this crowd!

The crowd cheers BUFFALO once again and he gets up and brings a dazed Don back to a vertical base as well. He shakes off his right arm as it has been taking more and more damage now. Buffalo kicks Don in the gut and stuffs his head between his legs and begins to lift Don for a piledriver. Jones arm sadly gives out and he can’t quite get Don off the ground and he takes advantage by reversing the move into a back body drop. Buffalo springs back up from the back drop and charges for a lariat but Don sees him comings. He lifts Buffalo from the neck on his way towards him and delivers an otherworldly Pop-up Power Bomb in the middle of the ring! Deep cover by Don right away

NO! Buffalo Jones kicks out at 2 ½!

Pierce Donovan: Extremely close call there, but Jones is hanging on! Massive pop up power bomb, one of Don’s go to moves. He can’t be too pleased that didn’t put Buffalo away.

Jasper Phoenix: Just watch, he’s still got plenty of deadly tools in his arsenal, I’m sure!

Don gets in the officials face as he feels the count was slow. He spends a few moments berating him and intimidating him as Jones is left on the mat barely catching his breath. Don marches over to and stomps on the hurt arm, repeatedly. He spins and taunts the crowd as they very angrily shout and berate him. Buffalo yells as each stomp hits its mark. Don once again grabs the hair and brings Buffalo up to his feet, slaps him, and irish whips him in the corner. He then grabs the top rope and uses his big boot to choke him in the corner as the referee begins to make the 10 count.

Jasper Phoenix: Vicious boot choke here by my good friend Don Marshall, showing him who’s the law around here!

Pierce Donovan: it’s not looking good for Buffalo here, looking like he may be slowly fading out of this match as the bigger man is taking over.

Don finally releases the choke, grabs Buffalo at the base of his neck and throws him down face first in the middle of the ring with a very cocky demeanor. Bojangle Arena continues to mercilessly boo the big Don as he makes his way back into the corner and taunts Buffalo, holding on to the middles ropes and telling him to get up.

Pierce Donovan: Oh no…

Jasper Phoenix: This is it Pierce, he’s looking to put his old ass away with the Shit Kicker!

As Buffalo finally gets up to his feet, Don takes off at full speed towards him and goes for Shit Kicker, the running pump kick to the jaw. At the very last moment Buffalo Jones summons the will of a warrior and manages to counter Don by reaching towards him and grabbing his waist, using his own momentum against him to deliver a powerful Arn Anderson style spinebuster. The crowd explodes once again, and the official checks on both men as the both lay motionless on the mat for quite a few seconds.

HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!

Pierce Donovan: Holy expletive indeed! What a courageous counterattack by the battered veteran! Uncanny execution!

Jasper Phoenix: but he can’t pin him it looks like; they are both just laying there. No one has taken advantage and that could cost them.

Both men finally get up and come face to face, using each others should to maintain balance. Buffalo throws a short elbow. YES! Don answers with an uppercut. NO! Both men still on their feet. Another forearm by Jones! YES! Inside forearm by Don now. BOO! Right hand by Jones! Right hand by Don. The boos and cheers go back and forth! But Buffalo prevails and like a demon possessed lands about 7 or 8 forearm strikes in a row, dizzying the big Marshall. Buffalo doesn’t miss a beat, tangles up Don and hits a pumphandle slam. Cover.

Don kicks out at 2. Buffalo continues his attack as the crowd cheers him on. He Bring Don to his feet and hits a vertical suplex clean. He maintains the hold, and bring Don back to his feet, and snaps his hips for Downward Spiral, his signature swinging vertical suplex. Hooks the leg once again for the pin

2 ½

Don Marshall kicks out at 2 and half as the crowd gasps.

Pierce Donovan: damn I thought that was it. What a combination of suplexes by Buffalo Jones there. Showing us that never give up spirit we all love him for.

Jasper Phoenix: But it wasn’t enough was it!

Buffalo slams his hands on the mat, gets up and screams that it’s over. He brings a barely moving Don to his feet, plants his head between his legs, and taunts to the delight of the crowd. He locks in the underhooks and goes to lift up the big man for the Dead to Rights piledriver. He has Don is the air for a second, and is about to drop but just cannot hold on long enough as his right arm gives out and he let’s go of the move. He drops Don who falls to one knee. Buffalo clutches his arm and then tries to grab Don again. He gets his hands on him but Don rakes the eyes. Buffalo grabs his face and backs towards the corner. Don does the smoke taunt, charges and hits his finisher, Shit Kicker. The big man’s large foot drives hard into the face of Buffalo Jones crashes to the mat instantly, looking knocked out. The crowd boos relentlessly, Don pins a lifeless Jones and smiles maniacally.

Three count but NO! NO! Buffalo Jones has his right foot on the rope at 2 and 99!

Pierce Donovan: foot on the rope! Foot on the rope! Buffalo Jones has survived the Shit Kicker! He’s still alive! Buffalo say it ain’t so!

Jasper Phoenix: I have no words…

The official points to the rope as Don grabs his face in absolute horror. He belittles the referee but there is nothing to be done. He kicks down Buffalo as the crowd refuses to stop cheering his name. He brings Buffalo to his feet and kicks him hard in the stomach. Don backs into the corner and puts Buffalo’s head between his legs. He slowly lifts him onto his shoulders in a power bomb position. He then begins to no hand lift himself onto the bottom rope, the second, and finally the top rope.

Pierce Donovan: Oh god now. Please no! Don’t do this! You can end a man’s career!

Jasper Phoenix: he should have stayed down then, if he was so worried!

Don grabs the trunks and tries to lift Buffalo even higher for the last ride powerbomb but Buffalo shows signs of life. He begins to punch down at Don’s face who almost lets go. Don looks dazed, but lets out a scream and lifts him over his head once again. He jumps off the turnbuckles with Buffalo in his grip and drives him down with the Big Don Bomb. However, due to the punches delivered, the move is not perfect, and somehow, someway, Buffalo Jones manages to use the momentum to rolle under Don, using the move’s momentum. As the land on the mat, Buffalo rolls under the bomb, and ends up flipping Don onto his back, now sitting on his chest. He grabs both of Don’s legs and warps them up behind him for a deep counter pin.

Reina de la Cruz: Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of this match via pin-fall and advancing to the next round of the Gold Rush Tournament… Buffalo Jones!!!

Buffalo Jones gets the three count and wins the match! He crawls, beaten and bruised, off of Don Marshall and lays his arm and face o the bottom rope, bringing a thumbs up towards a jubilant and dancing crowd. Don lays on his back covering his face, in complete shock of what just happened.

The crowd continues to cheer as Buffalo gets to his feet and bring a fist in the air to salute them. The referee hold his hand up and declares him the victor. He turns his attention to a now standing Don. The both stare at each other with intensity, and Jones finally nods and sticks his hand out in respect. The crowd is a mix of cheers and boos. Don lays his hands on his hips and eventually, to the crowds surprise, reaches his hand out as well. They shakes hands. As Jones goes to let go however Don pulls him in and hits a spinning Deep Six slam as the crowd explodes in boos. Johnny Lou Gagnon runs in from the back and holds Buffalo Jones up on his feet, as Don runs and hits another Shit Kicker pump kick knocking Buffalo to the ground and busting his nose open. Blood flows out of Jones's nose as officials rush to check on him. Don walks away screaming...

Don Marshall: This isn’t over Buffalo. That was MY TIME!

...as Johnny ushers him to the back.

EidWrNgXcAED3pR.jpg

Oliver Thawne: What do you want, Sean? I have enough on my plate with this tournament I don't need you skulking about making a mess. I'm sorry Jake and Sanders took your kid, but I've made Bobby an executive producer and you a creative consultant so I don't know what more you want from me?

Sean Classic: I do apologize for having to file that hostile and unsafe working lawsuit on your holding company, but we can't let these things happen again. That being said, now that U am "a consultant" is there anything I could help with? Take some stress off your plate?

Oliver Thawne: I'll tell you what, why don't you run the format. I'll let the agents know you're here.

Thawne rolls his eyes as Classic leaves his office. Thawne is hoping this menial task will placate him until next week.

mvp-42k24kj.png

We open up now in the backstage area where the camera is fixated on the eager AMA interviewer Bryce Montgomery. He is standing in front of a door marked with the insignia of The Hamad Agency.

Bryce Montgomery: I’m back here at this moment to try and find some answers for what went down in the match-up between Max Maverick and Pariah earlier this evening. For those who aren’t aware: Pariah intentionally walked away from the match, allowing Max Maverick to advance to the second round of the Gold Rush Tournament and leaving us all to wonder why! Well, hopefully we can shine some light on that situation now.

He glances over his shoulder at the door and then turns back to the camera with a slight sigh.

Bryce Montgomery: Wish me luck.

Bryce turns and knocks on the door and barely two seconds later the door creaks open and the mastodon Pariah is standing there staring down at Bryce with a sneer.

Bryce Montgomery: Um- *clears throat* Mr. Pariah, I was hoping I could ge-

Just at that moment, the door opens the rest of the way up with Shabazz Hamad now standing there.

Shabazz Hamad: Ah, Mr. Montgomery. I was wondering when you were going to swing by. I’m assuming you want to talk about what happened in that match-up earlier?

Bryce Montgomery: Well, yes.

Shabazz Hamad: I’d be happy to break everything down for you and all these fans at home. Please, come on in.

Hamad and Pariah clear the way, inviting Montgomery and the cameras in. Bryce enters, trepidatiously. As he comes into the room though, he quickly realizes the room is filled with multiple people relaxing and mingling. In addition to Shabazz and Pariah, he spots Christopher McMichaels, his butler Wilhelm and most notably Max Maverick and Solomon Black are there as well! Maverick is out of his ring gear already, and is relaxing with a full bottle of Buffalo Trace bourbon, puffing a fat cigar.

Bryce Montgomery: What in the world!? Max Maverick!? What’s going on here!?

Shabazz places his hand on Montgomery’s shoulder and pulls him in close with a wiley grin on his face.

Shabazz Hamad: Oh, is it not obvious my boy? Max Maverick is the newest client of The Hamad Agency!

Montgomery is completely bewildered.

Bryce Montgomery: So, that out there in the ring?

Shabazz Hamad: A strategic maneuver on our part. You see, early this morning when Max arrived at the arena, we put pen to paper and officially added him to The Hamad Agency roster. With him, he brings his muscle Solomon Black, and we’re working on getting a deal done with his sister and agent extraordinaire Chelsea Powers as well! In the meantime, we’re pouring all our resources into ensuring Maverick has a clear path to that AMA Grand Championship!

Bryce Montgomery: But what about Pariah!?

Shabazz shrugs coyly.

Shabazz Hamad: What about Pariah?

Bryce Montgomery: Doesn’t Pariah want to win the Grand Championship as well?

Shabazz looks over at Pariah and laughs a bit, shaking a head.

Shabazz Hamad: No, no, no. Let me explain this to you, Bryce. The only thing Pariah is interested in here in AMA is breaking necks and collecting checks. He is in this game to release his anger, wreak vengeance, and get paid to do so. He doesn’t need that title to accomplish that, and as long as that title comes home to someone in The Agency, we’re all going to eat! Frankly, at this moment, Pariah has a pretty singular focus, and that is further punishing Shinzo Omega for continuing to meddle in our business. As I tell him though, there is no fiscal incentive for that just yet. Shinzo is still recuperating from the Taipei Deathmatch and frankly I don’t think his profile is high enough yet to make a rematch worth our time.

Bryce Montgomery: Okay, so, if I may ask… what’s in it for Maverick?

Shabazz Hamad: I’m offended that you even need to ask. Maverick is a megastar - not only in this industry but on a worldwide level. A man of his stature needs a dedicated team behind him to handle any problem that should arise for him. That’s what we here at The Hamad Agency provide. We ensure that all Mr. Maverick needs to be concerned about is performing in that ring. All the auxiliary issues are for us to handle.

About this time, Maverick walks up from the background and also throws his arm around Bryce’s shoulder. Montgomery is now sandwiched between both Maverick and Hamad.

Max Maverick: That’s right, Bill.

Bryce Montgomery: It’s Bry- You know what? It doesn’t matter.

Max Maverick: You’re right, Bill, it doesn’t matter! The only thing that matters right now is that The Hamad Agency has just secured the signing of a lifetime! The preeminent star in all of wrestling is now aligned with the unstoppable force known as Pariah, the man of unparalleled class known as Chris McMichaels and of course...

Maverick and Hamad reach across Montgomery to shake hands and smile at each other.

Max Maverick: The man who greases the wheel and always strikes the deal, Mr. Shabazz Hamad! On my own, I am a star who knows no equal! My fame is in the stratosphere! But now? Ho-ho-ho… NOW? Max Maverick and The Hamad Agency are heading straight to the MESOSPHERE BAYBAY!

Hamad and Maverick both laugh maniacally. Maverick takes a nice little swig of his Buffalo Trace.

Shabazz Hamad: You said it, brother! It all begins with this tournament, but the heights we will reach collectively will be unlike anything EVER seen before in this industry!! Now, you go run and tell that Bryce!

Hamad and Maverick firmly push Bryce towards the door, and Pariah herds the cameraman out of the locker room as Brandon Roberts slips past our view into their room and we fade to black...

ama22catch3c.png

AMA GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP
Gold Rush Tournament
Opening Round Match

Steve Sanders v. Pierre Petti Poyser

Pierce Donovan: Ahead of our next match, we have a special guest joining us on commentary this evening.

Jasper Phoenix: I don’t know if the word special applies here Donovan, I think you can just say guest.

Pierce Donovan: That is your opinion Jasper, and I will respectfully ignore it. "The Irish Wolf" is pulling double duty tonight by joining us at the desk. Welcome Conall.

Conall O'Dargan: It is a pleasure to be here Pierce, this is a new perspective for me. Getting to watch a match from the announcer's booth, without actually being involved.

Jasper Phoenix: Why are you even present in the flesh? Aren't you taking part in the Gold Rush?

As Marvin Gaye starts to play out over the PA system around the arena and Pierre Petti Poyser steps out form the back he is met with cheering and screams from the adoring female members of the audience who can’t help but contain their clear lust for arguably one of the sexist men in all of professional wrestling.

Conall O'Dargan: The truth of the matter is Monstrou and I felt like this match could get real dicey in a pinch and he had other things he needed to take care of so I'm here to make sure Petti has a fair…

Jasper Phoenix: So he's a coward? Never mind. Bored now.

Jasper slumps into his chair with his arms folded for dramatic effect.

Pierce Donovan: Come on, now. That is just rude, Phoenix.

Pierre continues to strut down towards the ring, as he lets a few lucky female strokes his abdominals before strutting up the steps.

Reina de la Cruz: Introducing first, hailing from La Rochelle, France - he is the Great Lover….PETTI PIERRE POYSER!

Poyser blows kisses as he is introduced and has a massive smile on his face as he clambers up onto the turnbuckle.

Conall O'Dargan: This is a good guy, very approachable and very positive. People should be more like this guy, if you ask me.

Jasper Phoenix: That is an opinion, a wrong opinion at that.

Pierce Donovan: Come on Jasper, I don’t want you two arguing all night. Monstrou is our guest, so let's treat him as such, okay? I’m sure his insights are going to offer us a unique perspective.

The music belonging to Steve Sanders starts to play out, but ‘The Franchise’ is nowhere to be seen.

Jasper Phoenix: What on earth is going on? Has some idiot in the truck started his music, with Steve even being in position? This is some shoddy work Pierce, any word from the back?

Before anything else can be said, Sanders leaps the barricade having emerged from the crowd and slides into the ring without Petti even realizing as Sanders has a kendo stick in hand and proceed to smash it into the back of Poyser’s back, before putting the kendo in front of his opponent’s neck and starts to choke him out with it. Karl Eudy the match official is waving his hands in the air, but is clearly not calling for the bell meaning that the match technically has not even started.

Pierce Donovan: This is not kosher! This is not how this match should be playing out.

Jasper Phoenix: Until the referee calls for the bell, this is just two men brawling at ringside. Everything going on is perfectly legal.

Sanders drags Poyser towards the ropes, and lets go of the kendo stick only to grab him by the waist and throw him through the ropes with German Suplex, as Poyser topples out onto the floor with Sanders hot on his heels.

Pierce Donovan: Conall, you might be the man with some inside knowledge, is there any reason why Sanders might have decided to take this course of action for this match?

Conall O'Dargan: What is the word you use when something is not a pretence?

Jasper Phoenix: A shoot, you illerate Dago.

Conall O'Dargan: A shoot that is correct, well from what I gather behind the scene Steve and Pierre disagree on a whole range of different things to the point where both sides have taken to each other very personally. Now, as much as I wouldn’t use these sort of tactics, I do think that this could lead to a very interesting match.

Pierce Donovan: A match, may I remind our viewers that at this point has not even started yet.

Sanders, having completely caught Poyser off guard, is not allowing him to even get on the floor as he is stomping down on him repeatedly and every time Poyser tries to get back up. Sanders then steps back before kicking Pierre square in the ribs, with such force behind the kick that Poyser yelps can be heard all the way in the back seats. At this point match referee Karl Eudy has exitted the ring and was making it clear that if he doesn’t get both men in the ring, then he will have no choice but to throw the contest out before it can even begin. Sanders just laughed at the referee though, as he grabbed hold of Petti by his hair and forced him up onto his feet.

Jasper Phoenix: Steve is literally ripping the hair follicles out of Poyser’s scalp, that is the definition of a bad hair day?

Conall O'Dargan: Violence is never the answer, but it often makes a great solution.

With Poyser up onto feet, Sanders grabbed hold of him from behind the neck and started running forward forcing Pierre to collide far first with the steel ring post causing his skull to bounce off and drop to the floor. Sanders though was showing no intention of laying off at all, as he dragged Poyser up onto his feet only to send him crashing face first back down onto the concrete floor once again with a Cradle DDT that if Poyser hadn’t been bleeding already, he was now as blood had started to spurt out from his nose. It didn’t look broken, but it was enough of a reason to be concerned. With Sanders looking in a whole lot of trouble, Sanders would lift up the ring apron and proceed to pull a table from out underneath it.

Pierce Donovan: This is starting to get really ugly, and blood has already been spilled and once again I will say, this match hasn’t even started yet!

Conall O'Dargan: I love it. Just like Circo says, there will be blood! Me too, honestly. Everywhere the Irish Wolf goes, the river of blood follows. But just because you swim in the river, doesn’t mean that you necessarily are beaten. Many men are empowered by the taste of their own blood, this is the way of the fight.

Jasper Phoenix: Conall, I hope you realise that literal clown is clinically insane right? I don’t feel at all comfortable about sharing this platform with these absolute lunatics. Your voice is enough of a reason for a restraining order. You know that?

Sanders has fully erected the wooden table, and has turned his attention backwards to Petti. The cut is causing a small amount of blood to flow, but not at an accelerated rate that is affecting Poyer’s vision. As Sanders grabs hold of his opponent’s hair once more, he does his best to drag him up to his feet but is completely taken for six as Poyer connects with a perfectly timed low blow causing Sanders to grab at his groin in what is clearly a large amount of pain. Poyser then grabs hold of Sanders, and lifts him up connecting with the Poyser Bomb (sitout scoop slam piledriver) causing Sanders to land directly through the woods causing it to splinter and he lands on top of it breaking it in half.

Pierce Donovan: One traffic has come to a sudden halt, Poyser has started to fight back and considering some of the punishment Sanders has sustained in recent weeks there is absolutely no chance that he is going to feel the full effects of being sent through the wooden table.

Karl Eudy is now pleading with Poyser to get back into the ring and the Frenchman seems to be in full agreement with the match official, as he slides himself underneath the ropes and makes his way to one of the ring’s corners taking a moment to compose himself. Sanders meanwhilst, is still lying in the broken pieces of the wood as the referee is now checking if ‘The Franchise’ is in a state to continue, but has his hands slapped away as Steve looks furious and his back is blistering from the impact from the wood as he strides forwards and clambers through the ropes and is followed by the referee. Karl Eudy shrugs, as both men are separated as he calls for the bell as the match finally gets underway.

DING DING DING

Poyser and Sanders had already been going at each other for while, but it was only at this point in the contest that the match was finally underway in an official capacity as both were looking at each other with clear hatred, as they would meet up in the center of the ring and start exchanging blows, beating the literal crap out of each other to the point that both men would drop down to one knee and then both knees but still continue to be wailing shots on each other.

Jasper Phoenix: The anger that these two have for each other, is bordering on insane, but it sure as hell is making for a really entertaining contest.

Conall O'Dargan: The best place for two parties to deal with any grievances is with hand to hand combat. After all of this is said and done I am sure that...

Hangman James has shown up at the booth behind Conall. Gerald Grayson then sandwiches Conall from the side. Grayson pushes Conall and flashes a cocky smile in his direction before James attempts to throw his noose around Conall's beck, but the pair run off when Conall just rips the thing clear out of his hands midair. Conall chases after them with a righteous fury.

Pierce Donovan: It seems as though we’ve just lost our special guest.

Jasper Phoenix: Thank God for that, that freak-show was starting to get on my nerves.

Pierce Donovan: Can you believe that, though? A public lynching in the town square?

Jasper Phoenix: We need addition funding in the budget for security when trying to do our jobs up here.

Pierce Donovan: From your lips to God's ears.

Eventually both Poyser and Sanders had tired themselves out, with both men dropping down to the mat utterly exhausted from the non-stop punches they had been laying on each other. Both men were crawling on their hands and knees, trying to catch their breaths. Karl Eudy would bend down next to Sanders and check on his wellness with Sanders looking half broken as he was only just sitting up against the turnbuckle.

Pierce Donovan: I honestly don’t understand how this match is meant to even continue. Both men are seemingly broken, and their reserves have run dry.

Jasper Phoenix: Business just picked up, Misandry is here! This match just took on a whole different dimension, all that Steve has to do is keep Eudy distracted and Misandry can finish Poyser off for him.

Pierre was nursing his nose, as Misandry would clamber up onto the ring apron and seem to setting up to completely catch Petti off guard, but before she could take another step, Sanders would seem to spot Misandry as he would force himself up onto his feet and push Eudy out of his way as he would charge forward and literally stand in-between Misandry and Poyser as she would shout at the top of his lungs.

Steve Sanders: NOT LIKE THIS!

Sanders would then force Misandry backwards, who would just have a confused look on her face, almost as if she didn’t understand why Sanders was doing this. Sanders was making it quite clear to Misandry to leave the ring and she wouldn’t seem to be in the mood to fight him as she would clamber through the ropes and step backwards.

Jasper Phoenix: What is Sanders even thinking? He could have had this match in the bag and instead, he is turning down help! This makes no sense!

Pierce Donovan: I think ‘The Franchise’ wants to win this on his own terms. He has made it clear on multiple occasions that his true motivation is the AMA Grand Championship and I don’t think he wants there to be any questions hanging over him about the legitimacy of his journey to the title.

With Sanders still shouting at Misandry as he was leaning over the ring ropes, Poyser would slap Sanders in the mid-section and make it clear he wanted his attention on him instead of it being elsewhere. Sanders would smile, with his teeth covered in his own blood as he would return with a slap of his own before grabbing at Petti’s neck and wrench it, causing Poyser to pedal backwards as Sanders would follow it up by connecting with a Step Up Enziguri that would cause Poyser to topple over onto the floor. Sanders would then drop down onto his man, grab him in a headlock and then proceed to keep on punching him in the face continuing to target his nose.

Pierce Donovan: If I didn’t know any better, I would think that Steve is trying to break Pierre’s nose.

Jasper Phoenix: I think that is exactly what he is trying to do.

And there would be a yelp by Poyser at the exact place where the nose would seem to break, as a heavy jet of blood would seem to explode as the crimson would surge out of his nose. Rather, than cause Petti to give up though it was as if he had been injected with pure adrenaline as he would begin swing elbow backwards to break the headlock and then would transition himself that he had Sanders back as he would grab Steve’s neck and began and started choking him with a standing clutch, before throwing him down over his shoulders with a Cobra Clutch Slam and then grab hold of Sanders leg and bend him over for the cover, One, Tw-KICKOUT!

Pierce Donovan: Sanders kicks out, and this match will continue.

Jasper Phoenix: I’m not sure for how long though, both these men look absolutely exhausted and considering that Poyser now has a broken nose, it will be in his best interest for this match to finish sooner rather than later.

Karl Eudy as the match official would have a duty of care though, as he would attend to Petti and make sure he would be able to continue or if he was having any breathing difficulties. Sanders was on the other side of the ring, and was looking in an even worse state as he was clutching at his back and neck area looking like he had been involved in some sort of car wreck. With the referee’s focus very much on Poyser, Sean Cutter, Jr. would emerge out of nowhere as he would crawl into the ring keeping low and making sure not to make any noise. Sanders had no idea how close Cutter was to him. But Petti, would spot him as he would return the favour to his opponent as he would charge forward and run straight past Sanders and grab hold of Cutter, Jr. by the back of the head and proceed to throw him over the rope and out of the ring.

Pierce Donovan: Despite the clear hatred that both these men seem to have for each other, there is a strange element of respect.

Jasper Phoenix: I don’t think it is respect at all. I think this is about ego, neither Pierre nor Steve want there to be any debate on how they claimed a victory over the other.

Poyser would turn his attention back to Steve, and much to Sanders’ confusion Poyser would offer Sanders a hand to help him back up to his feet. Sanders would slap the hand away and spit blood on the floor, as he would would Pierre with a stiff uppercut that would cause him to reel backwards. Sanders would then show some explosiveness as he connects with the Tragic End! Poyser shuffles backwards and then rebounds off the ropes and charges at Sanders with an Arm Lariat, only for Sanders to sidestep out of the way and end up knocking over Karl Eudy in the process as he would connect with The Ending Credits! Sanders would go for the pin but the referee was already out for the count and so he wasn’t even able to pin his match.

Pierce Donovan: This match should be over, but Sanders ended up taking out the referee and now this window of opportunity is slipping through his fingers.

Poyser would start to get back up to his feet, but Sanders would be doing his best to stir the referee. Only to notice none other than Sean Classic standing on the ring apron. Sanders would look pissed as he would charge forward as Classic only for Sean to throw something into Sanders eyes, causing him to pat his eyes, seeming to blind him. Petti was unaware of this transgression, and as Sanders would bump into him. Poyser would haul Sanders up onto his and send him down to the mat with the Petti Valley Driver and then immediately transition it into the Baguette Vise!

Jasper Phoenix: Is he going to tap? Is he actually going to tap?

Petti would keep on wrenching at Sanders, as the blood from Poyser’s own nose was splattering on top of Sanders. And with one final pull, Sanders would start tapping out.

Pierce Donovan: Big win! Big win! Pierre Petti Poyser has made history tonight, with a massive win over Steve Sanders.

e106c8ab3f77f42194a9303859c9845562621457.jpg

Mona Darling approaches Misandry in the back hallways of the Bojangles Coliseum, and Misandry gives Darling a foul look as she approaches making it quite clear that she wants to have nothing to do with Mona at this time.

Mona Darling: Misandry, can I have a moment of your time?

Misandry just stares right through Mona completely ignoring her, and instead looks down at her nails completely ghosting Darling. Mona though, who is very good at her job and isn’t scared to push the packet to get the answers she needs, doesn’t shy away.

Mona Darling: Misandry you are really going to want to have a look at this?

Misandry snaps at Mona, and she sounds angry and annoyed as she gets right up in Mona’s face.

Misandry: Get out of my way Mona, I don’t have time for your stupid questions. Just respect my personal space and get out my way, or I will make you get out of my way.

Mona looks a bit scared, but manages to mumble a response out nonetheless.

Mona Darling: I really - uh - think that you - ah - want to have - uh - look at the monitor.

Misandry: What did you just say? Speak clearly and stop stuttering Mona, or I am just going to send your head straight through that wall.

Misandry points at the wall and makes her intentions very clear as she places her hand on Darling’s shoulder and squeezes it gently, but with enough force behind it to be clear that this is very much a threat and not just a warning.

Mona Darling: You really want to have a look at the monitor over there.

Misandry tightens her grips on Mona's shoulders, causing Darling to flinch.

Misandry: And why would I want to do that, exactly? Actually never mind, you’ve been talking so much already you are starting to give me a headache. Lets see what all this fuss is about then.

Misandry walks over to the monitor and starts to look at it, and the scene shows a setting that is dark and stormy. There is a fog in the air and as we look closer at the scene, we cut from a third person perspective of Misandry and instead cut to a point of view shot looking at the direct footage on the television monitor. The scene has spooky vibes, and it is clear that there is a chill in the air wherever exactly the location is. As the camera pans around, Monstruo del Circo appears in the frame with a sinister smile on his face. He stares deep into the camera, almost like he is looking directly into Misandry’s soul.

Monstruo del Circo: I hope you are watching Missandry, you vile bitch! Probably not the live version, knowing your ego but certainly a repeat. I made it quite clear to the producers of this great company that it was imperative that you listened to what I had to say.

Monstruo claps his hands together and flecks of what looks like mud splatter against the camera lens. Whatever, MDC has been up to it most certainly hasn’t been easy work.

Monstruo del Circo: Now everyone knows that I love a good show, nothing is more entertaining than a live performance. So I was so bitterly disappointed that you decided to stick your nose where it didn’t belong, and I wasn’t there for a front row seat. You know how much I love playing our little game of clown and mouse, but unlike Tom and Jerry eventually the clown does catch the mouse. And this particular clown is going to squeeze one certain mouse by the neck and then bite it’s head clean off.

Monstruo bares his teeth at the camera, looking nothing short of completely insane as he continues to speak.

Monstruo del Circo: Now I know that your intention was to do harm to my new associate Pierre Poyser, so you are fortunate that Steve didn’t want to have anything to do with you. Which on reflection, was ill advised considering he could really have benefitted from some help this evening. But I do want to make something clear to you, before you start to have any idea. The Irish Wolf has a match later on tonight and I would highly recommend that you don’t stick your nose where it doesn’t belong. Because if you do, I will be there. That is a promise, I have just about wrapped up the business I was dealing with.

Monstruo reaches downwards and pulls a shovel out of the ground, which is covered in wet mud. The handle looks damaged and well used.

Monstruo del Circo: You are fortunate that I was unavailable earlier tonight, you see I had some dead business I really needed to attend to. I believe the expression in English is to bury the hatchet. Which I must say is a really great phrase, because a hatchet is a weapon of pure violence and destruction and so it is hard to believe that such a tool could lead to peace. And that is what I have found peace. Es mejor enterrar los problemas.

Monstruo then steps out of shot, as the camera focuses downwards at what can’t be mistaken as being anything other than a freshly filled grave. The camera focused in on a headstone, that is blurry at first but as the picture sharpens becomes more focused. As it reads ‘Here Lies Her Killer Instinct’. The camera then cuts away from the footage on the monitor and instead cuts back to Misandry. Misandry looks terrified as her fight or flight instinct kicks in as she starts to make a run for it, only to stop in her tracks after about twenty yards. Misandry then walks right back up to the interview area, where she had been watching the monitor and grabs the microphone off the still flustered Mona Darling.

Misandry: I don’t know who you think are talking to circus freak! But unlike Blake, I don’t run at the drop of a hat. It is going to take a lot more than sinister threats. You can take this microphone back Mona, I have more important things to worry about.

Misandry shoves the microphone into Mona’s hands and storms off leaving Mona in front of the camera by herself as she still looks nervous.

Mona Darling: Your funeral I guess.

A vignette begins with a face that has only previously been seen in a promo poster, and that we know is a member of a team yet to debut on AMA ‘The High Command’. The individual begins to speak with an incredibly well spoken posh English accent, in what would commonly be described as being ‘Queen’s English’.

g7L4bz9QHlBqY79dG2-2juIMPVUmvuYDv5sBzsdByekvqnVKV1u5Qeqx9tNCaDC7xB0mZQXYmAqdwkvzY-W4eYjij520Xo51--P6cM9spebwd1SdxbdnoV14ZUciMSPjKS_t_q7A

Sir Marmaduke Whistle: Sir Marmaduke Whistle: Good evening ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and all other identities around the world. I am humbled to make your acquaintances, and in the coming weeks you will all get the privilege of getting to look upon me in the flesh. My name is Sir Marmaduke Whistle of the Whistle Family. When I make way towards the ring, standing next to not only a truly great chap, but also someone that I would consider to be my best friend. A friendship that isn’t the longest I have had, but it is certainly the strongest that I have had up to this point in my life. A man that I would take a bullet for and fall on my sword for, if it met that they were protected from harm.

The shots cut a second face, very much filmed at a very different location. Another masked wrestler, but this man may be speaking English but he most certainly isn’t British. The accent sounds like he is from Australia as he begins to speak to the camera.

5hj_kBehys-37BNldLXnDgyZPI9XTgoKlXH6ASKD5-8g7i9Lpbl2svFF4p3HM3lYVM-DJiH7DhkKdu66jcGunetMR6-fnHQXRV6sT6ktqQfTl_vbULLiprJBAHoFAodtT98nA6S9

Archie Jones: G’day g’day g’day, Archie Jones in the flesh with a stubby in my hand and look of contempt in my eye. Unlike the fine fellow who is a prisoner of mother England and is shackled to this love of the crown, I am a free man and a man with ill intentions. People often talk about good cop, bad cop. When in the case of myself and Sir Marmaduke. We are good gentleman, bad gentleman. Sir Marmaduke keeps his hands clean, whilst I strictly prefer to get mine dirty. And our common bond is simple, obeying the orders of Kommander Garrbadgge Von Truck. The Kommander has made it clear that AMA is in need of discipline, decorum, manners and a lesson in righteousness and that is exactly what we intend to deliver. Very, very, soon!

The footage ends with the promotional poster for 'The High Command'.

HzE5VNo2KuJbYrnyBt5LNonDkBWbVBdBTaRRdkLrZnr662Y1AqxBO8cTwqdE3BkN1XdHboH-2NLPDicmwq9_jgWrJstFV47Kr0OO33rncKvvcP0M0vWpWeRPsY66jZiDEsuNlZCc

ama22catch3c.png

AMA GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP
Gold Rush Tournament
Opening Round Match

Conall O'Dargan v. Liberty Olivera Lawrenson

Reina de la Cruz: In our next bout of the evening, this match is scheduled for ONE FALL and is a GOLD RUSH TOURNAMENT opening round match! Introducing first, from the mean streets of Dublin, Ireland. The Irish Wolf! Conall OOOOOOOOOO’DARGAAAAAAAN!

The Dropkick Murphy’s hit the speakers and the crowd gets on its feet for one of their favorite babyfaces to walk through tunnel. Out comes Conall, white lights shines behind him, but he's not in the best of moods after Malice attempted to take him out and it doesn't look like he got retribution. He steps over the top rope and prepares to focus on this possible title match.

The crowd is interrupted by Dawn in Texas as Reina brings the microphone to her face.

Reina de la Cruz: And his opponent, she’s a succubus! A deviant! The Texas Terrooooor! Libertyyyyy Olivera aaaa Lawrensoooooon!

Jasper Phoenix: Oh heavens yes, she can liberate me anytime!

Pierce Donovan: And I’ve just received a text from our human resources department. Just wonderful…

Liberty gets on the ramp and poses scandalously to a reign of boos from jealous females and woke males and cheers from drunken pea brained horndogs. She walks along the railing stuffing her hand I the face of a disgusting obese fan trying to talk to her. She takes her time walking through the ropes looking back at her own behind and smiles devilishly. In the ring, she takes one look at Conall and looks absolutely repulsed by his presence. She waves him off making a stank face.

Pierce Donovan: Miss Liberty does not look one bit impressed with her opponent here. I can't say I blame her since you'd have to assume what transpired earlier still heavily haunts Canall's thoughts.

Jasper Phoenix: Well if I looked like her I'd be looking down at folks too! But, in all seriousness, if Conall wants to be a world champion, he's gonna need to.

Jasper is interrupted by Misandry’s theme song as her intro package plays on the Thawne-Tron and the crowd boos in confusion. She steps from the back and looks shadily left to right and behind her before making her way to the booth and putting on a headset.

Pierce Donovan: Looks like we will be joined by Misandry for this match? Misandry welcome! Are you looking for safe haven perhaps?

Misandry: Pierce if you ask me if I’m scared, I’m going to slap you!

Jasper Phoenix: No one would imply that but Circo did threaten you back there and buried a man alive! Surely that must at the very least concern you a bit.

Misandry: Listen ok! I doubt he ACTUALLY buried Blake Justice that’s dumb, he probably just ran away! Either way I’m not going anywhere and I’m going to ensure this match goes off the right way no matter what!

Pierce Donovan: ok then…

The match starts and the big Irish lad checks out Liberty from head to toe and sticks his hand out to shake hers. She slaps it away and does a sexy dance and slaps her ass followed by waving him away. He shrugs and looks at the crowd but is interrupted by Liberty slapping him across the face and talking a bunch of shit.

Misandry: You tell him girl!

Pierce Donovan: Liberty having choice words for Conall!

Conall shakes his head and goes for a big boot which Liberty side steps. She She tries the roll up but the size difference is too big and Conall doesn’t budge. Bonall spins for a spinning backfist but Liberty ducks. Conall raises his fist but Liberty covers her face and squeels causing him to stop and shake his head. Before he can react further she grabs at his face and rakes down causing Conall to grab his eyes. Liberty follows up wirth a HER-canarana. Cover.

Quick kickout by Conall.

Pierce Donovan: Atheltic display here already by Liberty, Conall needs to wake up here quickly or she’s going to eat him alive.

Misandry: I know a man eater when I see one and Liberty is just that. Mm hmm!

Liberty goes and runs to the ropes and bounces off and launches herself into a cross body at Conall. Conall manages to catch her however, looks at the crowd, curls her once, then toss her over her head face first onto the canvas. Cover

Liberty kicks out.

Pierce Donovan: Close call there for Liberty. The power game is a huge problem for her in this matchup.

Misandry: Don’t be sexis…

Conall stands up and poses for a hot crowd. LIGHTS GO OUT!

Misandry: Oh hell no not this time!

Misandry is suddenly missing but we can see her boot hanging out from under the ring.

Pierce Donovan: We appear to have technical difficulties with the lighting system and we’ve now lost Misandry!

Jasper Phoenix: I can actually see a boot there, is she hiding under the ring?

Back in the ring the action continues. Conall hangs over the tope rope to look at the commotion and Liberty rolls him up.

Connal kicks out. Liberty yells at the referee and stands back up. She hits the ropes once again and hits a running knee to the back of his head! Connal falls in between the bottom and second rope with his head trapped. Liberty grabs the top rope and hits a modified 6-1-9. Cover.

Pierce Donovan: great ring awareness by Liberty once again. Deep cover! She may have it here!

Conall kicks the right shoulder off the mat. A frustrated Liberty simply pins him again.

This time Conall simply throws her off of him.

Pierce Donovan: Now see you won’t win a match like that!

Jasper Phoenix: that referee is damn slow!

He stands up quickly and tries a bear hug double arm swing, but Liberty gets on her hands and knees and crawls between his legs. She snaps back up and hits a neck breaker. Conall is stunned on the apron. Liberty quickly climbs the tope rope and launches herself at him and smashing her elbow into his chest. Cover yet again.

Conall barely manages to kick out this time. Liberty is enraged and grabs the referee by the collar and throws him into the corner. She begins to scold him with her finger on his chest and demanding he begin to count faster.

Jasper Phoenix: I told you that referee was a damn menace!

Pierce Donovan: She needs to be careful not to get disqualified here. He’s giving her a lot of leeway.

Conall manages to slowly but surely get back to his feet using the ropes to help him stands up and rests on the tope rope. He slams his foot o the floor a few times signaling for a big move. As he’s about to take off however, Misandry appears back from under the ring with a kendo stick and hits Conall o the side of the leg to get his attention. Conall peaks through the ropes as he turns around to see the commotion and she nails him with the tip of the kendo stick right in the eyeball. Conall screams.

Pierce Donovan: What the hell is Misandry doing now? I thought she was hiding from clown!

Jasper Phoenix: She’s stuck that thing right in the right eye of Conall and that looked real real nasty Pierce. Could be some ocular nerve damage.

Liberty takes advantage of the blinded Conall and grabs him behind the head. She jumps into the air and splits her legs apart slamming his head to the canvas in between them for the XXX factor. Cocky cover.

Reina de la Cruz: the winner of this match. LIBERTYYYYYYY!

Pierce Donovan: Liberty was already well in control so this one is perplexing to me a bit. She didn’t need to take advantage.

Jasper Phoenix: Hush! Are you an idiot? You suppose you want her to lay down for him too you misogynist!

Pierce Donovan: I don’t think you understand what that word means…

Liberty does her sexy dance and poses in the ring as Conall screams in pain and grabs his right eye as the official checks on his well-being. Suddenly the lights go out once again, and once they turn back on, Circo is standing face to face with Misandry on the outside. He tries to punch her but is much to too slow and she blocks it. She hits him with a straight right the clown comically bumps to the ground and throws his masks in air revealing that he is simply a fake.

Pierce Donovan: That’s not Circo at all! Where the hell is he then?

Jasper Phoenix: Run Misandry Run!

Liberty rolls out of the ring and to the back. Wild clown laughs echo through the arena as Misandry looks side to side in fear and takes off running to the back as well.

EsMMSbYXcAQF9mw.0.jpg

The scene opens with the lid of a toybox being opened and the gleeful giggling of a child reverberating through The Residence’s familiar living room. A fireplace glows in the background as Keres giddily rummages through it while wearing a yellow dress.

Behind her are Eden, Slate Bass, and Princess Nova, each with their hands folded in front of them. Each of them are wearing pure white with hints of violet. Eden’s white dress has purple flower designs on it with a purple rose stuck in it on her chest. As for Princess Nova, aiding her usual tiara is a long white dress with splotches of purple and a satin purple belt that has a violet attached. Her gloves are also a matching white. Slate strikingly stands out with a pure white suit, a purple tie standing out with a purple handkerchief tucked in his pocket.

Keres is seen rising to her feet holding three wooden puppets, each with completely different likenesses decorating them.

Keres: Look what I made! She happily says as she meets the eyes of her family.

She hands a puppet to each of her three family members.

Eden stares at her puppet, clutching it by the torso with her nails leaving small crevices in the wood. The puppet has a braided beard with its hair tied back, and a couple of scars on its face. On it is grey shorts and a black shirt reading "bloodlusT."

Eden: A revolution halted. Potential wasted. Hunger unsatiated.

Following her mentor, Nova looks at her puppet, holding it in her gloved hand. Its hair is rainbow coloured and with a rainbow dress.

Princess Nova: Whenever the rainbow shined, the gold was never at the end. Never fulfilled. Never genuine.

All the while, Slate Bass grimaced at the puppet in his hands, a quivering frown across his face. The puppet mirrors his image but flipped into an exaggerated smile. It’s clothing shining and sparkling with multiple shades of purple made up into a suit. A feather topped fedora completes the look.

Slate Bass: A man stuck in the mirror. Dead-eyed reflection staring back. Justly shot dead and shattered mid-spiral.

Both Slate and Princess Nova turn to Eden who speaks her wisdom into the world.

Eden: False hope, forced smiles and broken promise in a thin fog of make-believe and lies. Pain, disappointment and failure are but a disguised blessing in the burning field of fate. Being TORN from the facade in order to become whole within your true self.

Looking to the fireplace nearby, Eden tosses her puppet into the fire. Keres claps as Eden looks at her daughter.

Princess Nova: Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes pain can be a labour of love. The antidote to your poison is found in the most wonderful ways. Instead of being sickened by chemicals, you become wrapped in a violet blanket of satin.

Grabbing her puppet, Princess Nova blows a kiss to it before throwing it into the fire with Eden’s. She giggles and waves at Keres who smiles at her spiritual big sister.

Slate brings his puppet close to his face. Opening his mouth, he bites down on the puppet, ripping its head off with his teeth and spitting it into the fireplace.

Slate Bass: Fixed the mind. The body followed suit. Even death becomes a non-issue, instead breathing new life.

And he tosses the rest of the puppet into the fire.

With all three looking towards the camera, Eden speaks calmly to the view.

Eden: Say hello to the Bassigani family. Welcome to The Residence.

The blaze in the fireplace spurts out into an isolated inferno, crossing between them and the camera. A more adult giggle from Keres plays the scene out with The Residence’s logo appearing on the screen.

residence_logo-png.12296

We transition to the sound of rolling thunder booms across the arena. A bright, blue sky overlooks a crystal clear ocean and golden sand. Suddenly, clouds emerge overhead and the sky darkens.

A raspy, whispering voice starts to be heard on the wind.

Voiceover: Cleopatra. Joan of Arc. Jane Foster. Boudicca. Medusa. Penthesilea.

The wind picks up again, debris carried with it.

Voiceover: La historia del lobo es larga y traicionera. Temido, aborrecido, respetado. Una cosa es segura, que cuando un lobo detecta a su presa, no hay forma de detenerlo. Como su hija, continúo con el espíritu del lobo y lo que significa.

Through the sand-filled winds, the once immaculate beach now lays in ruin. The sky is night dark. One piercing image remains....

1628692416682-png.10893

The word "SOON" trickles across the screen and fades off with the wind.

8c0d25e9123e4271cf551c886a3d639af03cbd3e.jpg

We go to the back of the arena where Misandry is currently running away from Circo, whom a fake version of attacked her earlier in the evening outside the ring. She slowly sneaks down a hallway and see the bathroom door and walks towards it. She opens the door a crack as the door creaks loudly causing her to jump. She peaks inside slowly but then shakes her head and decides against it and closes the door softly. She walks backwards and bumps into the wall and finally locates a broom closet that looks safe. She sighs and opens the door and hops into it quickly.

Misandry: Thank god I can breathe for a minute.

She closes the door behind her and stands in total darkness. Inside she tries to calm down but we hear deep exaggerated breaths with occasional giggles. We hear a bit of shuffling and Misandry tugs a chain to turn an overhead light on. She sighs in relief as nothing is in front of her, but not realizing a masked clown is standing directly behind her. He brushes her shoulder and she screams at the top of her lungs, grabs a broom and cracks him repeatedly over the head with it. She rips his mask off and once again reveals a fake. She picks him up and throws him out of the broom closet and runs out and out of scene focus.

ama22catch3c.png

AMA GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP
Gold Rush Tournament
Opening Round Match

Saus X v. Norman Namatjira

Pierce Donovan: Saus and Norman already made their way to the ring, and I don’t think I’m the only person that is honestly surprised that Saus X is even able to compete this evening. After the beating that suffered in Texas, I was convinced that there was absolutely no chance he would be taking part in the Gold Rush. But I stand corrected, because he is here in the flesh right before our own eyes.

Jasper Phoenix: Stupidity is so often mistaken for bravery. So often in this sport, it is fighters that know when to lie down and take the night off that end up doing better in the long run. Putting it bluntly, The Dharawal Warrior is going to absolutely pulverise Saus tonight. Mark my words.

Pierce Donovan: As much as I hate to agree with you Jasper, on this particular occasion I don’t envision a single scenario where Saus comes out on top.

Saus X and Norman Namatijira are standing on opposite sides of the ring, as Reina de la Cruz stands microphone in hand

Reina de la Cruz: The following contest is a singles match, and the winner will advance to the next round of the Gold Rush Tournament. Standing to my left, from Savannah, Georgia weighing in tonight at 185lbs…Saus X!

Saus clambers up onto the turnbuckle and leaps off and does a backflip as he receives a mixed reaction from the crowd. As everyone’s focus returns to Reina.

Reina de la Cruz: And standing to my right, from the Southern Hemisphere “The Dharawal Warrior”...Norman Namatijira!

As Norman’s name is called out, he charges forward and catches Saus X totally off guard as he comes rushing forward and cuts Saus in half with his signature spear ‘The Wigun!’ Saus drops to the mat, as the referee rings for the bell.

DING DING DING

With Saus already out on his back, the large Australian would immediately attempt a quick cover. One, Tw0 - Shoulders up! With just a second to spare Saus pushes himself up and prevents what could have been a very early embarrassment.

Pierce Donovan: Saus beats the count and lives to survive, although the power that Norman got behind the spear just shows how quick off the mark that big Aussie can be. No doubt he isn’t a stranger to the rugby field.

Jasper Phoenix: Rugby is that sport where they throw the ball backwards and have dog piles in the middle of the pitch right?

Pierce Donovan: That is one of the versions of rugby, yes.

Jasper Phoenix: Two different versions of the same sport? I’m out!

With Saus still feeling the effects of the spear, Norman is leaning over Saus and mockingly slapping him in the face showing him absolutely no respect, before forcing Saus up only to punch im straight in the gut with a closed fist before taking hold of his opponent and lifting him up in the air with a delay vertical suplex holding Saus upside down for a good ten seconds before bringing him crashing back down and following up with a second pinfall in quick succession. One, T-Kickout! Saus kicks out, breaking up the count after just one but this time round Norman seems to take offence to the referee and starts shouting in his face implying that the referee count was slow.

Pierce Donovan: Norman is getting frustrated and really should be focusing on Saus, rather than having a go at the referee.

Jasper Phoenix: I mean Norman has a point, that count was incredibly slow.

Pierce Donovan: This match is Norman’s to lose. He came into the match with a full bill of health, with the same clearly not being said about Saus. If he just focuses on the task in hand, he can walk away from this with a guaranteed place in the next round.

With Norman still remonstrating with the referee, Saus charges him from behind with a short arm lariat to the back of the Australian’s neck. But, rather than being taken down Normam just turns on his axis as he is openly laughing in the face of Saus which is the ultimate disrespect one wrestler can give another in the ring. Saus X is undeterred though as he kicks at Norman’s knees before spinning around and connecting with a Roundhouse Kick to the gut, which even Namatjira can pretend didn’t hurt. Saus then throws his fist into the air, before running backwards and charging at Norman and connects with a Cactus Clothesline, in a clear attempt to knock Norman out of the ring. Norman almost topples, but his firm base causes him to wobble for only a second before balancing himself out and remaining in the ring.

Jasper Phoenix: It is going to take a hell lot more than that to send Norman out of the ring, better luck next time Baby Kid! Back to the drawing board.

Pierce Donovan: I must admit, even I was surprised to see the man of Cruiserweight proportions attempting that sort of offensive maneuvers against such a large individaul.

Saus though doesn’t look like he has any interest in taking his foot off the pedal as he rebounds off the ropes and comes charges forward again as he leaps up into the air and connects with a Shining Wizard that knocks Norman against the ropes causing him to wobble once more, only to go to the ropes again, but this time bounce diagonally and leap up onto the ring ropes at a right angle from his opponent with the clear of intention of attacking with an aerial assault but before he is able to pull it off Norman catches Saus in mid-air and sends the Georgia native crashing down with a Sitout Powerbomb and then pushes himself forward and take hold of Saus’ legs for the impromptu cover.

Jasper Phoenix: Out of nowhere! Massive change in momentum!

One, Two, Thre-ROPE BREAK! The referee at the last possible moment, spots Saus reach and brushes his finger against the bottom ropes forcing the referee to call for the ropebreak.

Pierce Donovan: Saus X will not die. No matter how hard everyone tries to put this man in the ground, he refuses to die. What on earth is going to keep this man down.

Jasper Phoenix: I don’t think any of the sponsors would be at all pleased if I answered that question honestly.

As Norman is forced to let go of his man, Saus instinctively rolls out of the ring underneath the bottom ropes and takes a breath on one knee at ringside clearlying with the intent of recompsing himself. Norman though, shows very little interest in letting Saus have a break as he follows up after him but Saus is quick to react as she sees Norman coming and catches the big man in the throat with knife edge chop, before pulling off some flippy shit as he connects with a Pele Kick that forces Norman back first up against the ring apron. Saus then grabs hold of Norman’s neck and wrenches it before running up the ring apron and pushing him off the ring ropes looking to connect with the Sliced Bread only for Norman to fight Saus off and throw him chest first straight into the ringside barricade.

Pierce Donovan: The referee has reached seven in his count, and both men are in danger of being counted out.

Norman looks annoyed at the referee and rolls back into the ring, only to roll back out again resetting the account.

Jasper Phoenix: This is what I like to see. This absolute ring warrior wants to make an example of the Baby Kid Sauce and is going to make an example of him tonight. Get him Norman, GET HIM!

Norman charges forward and drives a running knee into the side of Saus midsection, before dragging his opposite number up and rolling him back into the ring, before uncharacteristically looking towards the turnbuckle and proceeding to very slowly and cautiously clambering up onto it.

Pierce Donovan: Is this really taking place? Is the Dharawal Warrior really looking to end this match by using an aerial attack. This sort of move really isn’t in his playbook.

Jasper Phoenix: Throw expectations and reason out of the window Donovan. This is a match with the clear focus of the AMA Grand Championship at the end of the road, you have to commit 100% or you have no chance of winning.

By the time Norman has finally stabilized himself though, Saus has already got back onto his feet as he rushes forward and leaps up and joins Norman on the turnbuckle.

Pierce Donovan: You see this raw athleticism? The hunger is real in this kid. He wants it.

Jasper Phoenix: Let's be real, no one is as hungry as our boy Norman here.

Saus starts smashing Norman with all his might with a combination of haymakers and uppercuts in what is clearly a desperate attempt to cut the big man down, but Norman isn’t having any of it and very defensively he pushes Saus backwards. Saus though, shows his excellent agility and balance as not only does he land on both his feet but he immediately leaps up onto the turnbuckle once more and shocks everyone where he pulls out all of his strength and uses Norman’s own weight against him as he sends the Australian down to the floor with the Spanish Fly!

Pierce Donovan: How on earth did he pull that off!

Jasper Phoenix: HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Despite having taken the full force of that move, but still unbalanced Norman stands up with his back to Saus which is his biggest mistake of the night as Saus X comes charges forward as he connect with the back of Norman’s neck with the XCution, and then uses all his strength to force the large man onto this back. One, Two, No!

BRANDON ROBERTS pulls the referee out of the ring!

Pierce Donovan: Why can't this coward just leave this poor kid alone?

Jasper Phoenix: Poor kid? He's the one who won't stop sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. Even his good buddies told him to stop it.

Saus sees this go down and is LIVID. He charges at the ropes and suicide dives out to Brandon and manages to grab his neck and flip him around into a tornado DDT on the floor!

Jasper Phoenix: My goodness, is this punk trying to kill this national hero?

Saus lifts Roberts by his trunks and tosses him into the nearby ring steps. Saus sees Brandon's Canadian flag resting on the other side of the steps and breaks it over Brandon's prone body. Saus climbs back onto the ring apron to springboard at the behemoth who's at this point getting back to his feet.

Pierce Donovan: Is the boyhood dream about to come to life? Can David really slay Goliath like he did your hero just now?

Norman though is quick to react with an overarching forearm he drives it into the side of Saus’ neck midair with full force causing X to crash back first onto the mat. Norman then poses as he sniffs the air and pulls off one of his signature taunts and then climbs up on Bret's middle rope this time before dropping down off the turnbuckle and with the full force of his over 300lbs in weight lands on top of Saus’ stomach with a Double Foot Stomp that causes all of the wind to rush out his opponent’s body, with Saus grabbing himself clearly in a large amount of pain. Norman smiles, knowing that this match is his for the taking as he forces Saus up into the air only to pummel him down to mat with the Giba Bomb and then smothered Saus with lumbering body mass. One, Two, Three!

DING DING DING

Reina de la Cruz: Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of this match via pin-fall and advancing to the next round of the Gold Rush Tournament… Norman Namatjira!!!

pagano-cumple-sueno-luchador-futbol-1200x750-1.jpg

We cut back to Misandry is running backstage in the garage area looking for the exit out of the building. She turns a corner where it appears to be lit by an exit sign. As she makes her way around she is suddenly struck I the face by a shovel. She falls to the ground grabbing her face and the camera shows none other than Circo standing on top of her. She crawls on her hands and knees away from him but he gives chase. He brings the shove behind her throat and lifts her back on her feet and chokes her from behind with it. He drops the shovel and grabs her gear from behind and tosses her forward head first into a metal delivery garage door to a sickening thud. Loud bangs are heard as tools from a nearby table fall to the ground. Circo grabs her foot and drags her towards a large tool table. He lays her out and walks to the table and dumps the entire content onto her. Misandry is now buried in a pile of old wrenches and pipes and groaning.

Monstruo del Circo: I’m out of hatchets to bury puta…

Circo walks away off screen. A few seconds before the scene fades, Misandry sticks her hand dramatically from the rubble.

6d82c-16300469139538-800.jpg

We cut back to The Hamad Agency's locker room and the camera pushes the door open to take a peak. We see Max Maverick in his briefs drenched in the finest bubbly swarmed with woman having a grand old time. Suddenly, Hamad pushes us out of the room and steps outside with us in the hallway.

Shabazz Hamad: I don't think I could have made ourselves anymore clear earlier. We don't have anything further to discuss with you. We have Hamad business to attend to.

Bryce Montgomery: If I could just get one more moment of your time? Please.

Shabazz Hamad: Fine, make it snappy.

Bryce Montgomery: Coming up in only a few moments Christopher McMichaels will have his chance at advancing in the Gold Rush when he takes on Shinzo, a thorn in your guys' side since AMA started in the main event.

Shabazz Hamad: What's your point, Poindexter?

Bryce Montgomery: My only question is since Pariah stepped aside, are we to believe that perhaps after the Agency rids itself of Shinzo, McMichaels would also likewise do the "job" for your newest client?

Shabazz looks like he might curb stomp Bryce's face into the pavement.

Bryce Montgomery: The reason I ask is because earlier you made it seemingly clear the Agency's goal is for Maverick to go all the way and that seems counterproductive to McMichaels remaining in the tournament since Pariah took the fall, would it not?

Shabazz Hamad: Prying eyes aren't privy to how and when The Hamad Agency conducts Agency business. All you need to know is we take care of that business and speaking of Pariah and I have business to prepare for since you pointed out McMichaels's match is in the main event and someone has already dropped the ball once this evening. When you need something done, do it yourself. Let's go, Pariah.

Shabazz ducks his head back into his dressing room.

Shabazz Hamad: Why don't you take that limo and show the ladies a night out on the town... compliments of the Hamad Agency. You've earned it. Take the rest of the night off.

Shabazz makes his way to the locker rooms as we fade back to ringside for our next contest.

ama22catch3c.png

AMA GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP
Gold Rush Tournament
Opening Round Match

Brian Zewbowski v. Brandon Roberts

Brian comes out with his signature black tights with the red words "Fight to Live" on the back, wearing an official Brian Zewbowski T-Shirt "Jujika-Oh" design.

Reina de la Cruz: From Princeton, Minnesota, weighing in at 260 pounds, he is "The King of Crucifix", Brian Zewbowski!

Brian walks down the ramp, chatting with fans and cracking jokes, doing face things. He hops on the apron and motions a throat slash, ready for his opponent as he climbs into the ring and poses for the fans.

Pierce Donovan: Brian Zewbowski looking to bounce back after suffering a setback last week in a loss to Tetsuo Ishii.

The theme starts, and as the music starts to rift Brandon Roberts walks from behind the curtain with his vest on, smirking as he looks around at the crowd. Giving a cocky little smile and laugh he starts to walk down towards the ring.

Reina de la Cruz: and his opponent, making his way to the ring from Toronto, Ontario, Canada and weighing in at 201 lb

Rubbing his neck a little bit as he stops in the middle of the ramp he looks around before raising one hand to the air as fireworks in the colors of Canada go off, before he runs and darts to the ring sliding under the ropes. As he gets up he stands in the center of the ring as he yells "BOW DOWN TO CANADA!" as more fireworks go off from the corner of Canada's colors once again.

Jasper Phoenix: I hope that Brandon Roberts had a lovely Canadian Independence Day earlier this week because AMA has shown him no hospitality since arriving this evening!

Pierce Donovan: Well for his sake I hope so, because this match will be anything but lovely, especially if Humanity rears his ugly head! And he's already got to be feeling that embarrassing beating at the ends of little Saus X earlier.

Jasper Phoenix: I keep checking my phone to see Thawne has suspended that punk to no avail. Nothing. Nada.

The bell sounds and right off the bat, Roberts stilling holding his neck feigns going in for a grapple and instead steps back. Roberts is already trying to play mind games but Brian does not let it affect him as they start to circle each other. Eventually they go in for a tie up and Brian traps Roberts in a side headlock before Roberts shoves him off towards the ropes, but Zewbowski comes back off the rebound with a hard shoulder tackle! Roberts is quickly back up on his feet however and acts like he was unaffected by that, but he was clearly triggered by that. They go in for another tie up and when it looks like that Brian might have the advantage again, Roberts senses it and drives a hard knee in Brian’s midsection! Zewbowski doubles over allowing Roberts to rain down several clubbing blows to his back! Roberts then takes down Brian with a snap suplex and quickly follows up with a headlock! Brian seemed to have expected this however as he’s able to break free from Roberts’ grip and drives several back elbows into Roberts’ midsection doubling him over now as both men have risen up to their feet. Brian connects with an uppercut for good measure followed by a belly-to-belly side suplex! Roberts wears an expression of slight agony as he tries to come back up on his accord, but Brian is one step ahead of him and catches him with a back suplex followed by a pin!

1!

NO!

Pierce Donovan: Kick-out by Roberts! Brian Zewbowski is certainly taking it to this youngster!

Jasper Phoenix: Brandon Roberts is finding out first hand why Zewbowski’s name sends chills down the spines of anyone he’s ever stepped inside of the ring with.

Roberts tries crawling away to a corner and finds some brief seclusion before Brian interrupts it with a running lariat in the corner! Nearly knocking Roberts out of his boots! Brian follows up with some boxing punches on a dazed and confused Brandon Roberts. Brian backs up and comes back at full speed with a shining wizard into a bulldog!

Pierce Donovan: Brian is looking to put away Brandon Roberts if he can keep this momentum swinging his way!

Roberts has helped himself back up and goes running at Brian only to be caught with an arm drag takedown transitioned into a fujiwara armbar! Brian is cranking back with all he can, totally unaware that Roberts is able to find an out by grabbing the bottom rope! Brian breaks it up and it seems like Humanity briefly takes over to threaten the referee, and this gives Roberts ample time for recovery as he clips Brian behind the knee! Brian drops down to one knee and Roberts drives his knee straight into Brian’s skull with full force and Brian drops to the mat instantly with a glazed over look in his eyes as Roberts goes for the cover!

1!

2 ½!

Brian gets a shoulder up but it still appears that he’s unsure of where he’s at due to that knee strike. Roberts on the other hand, continues his relentless assault with a barrage of mounted punches before the referee breaks it up. The referee checks on Brian but Roberts isn’t playing around now and moves the referee aside to continue his onslaught of stomps and kicks to the dismay of the crowd. Roberts runs the ropes and comes back with a jumping elbow drop, and then Roberts plays up to the crowd with plenty of showboating. He laughs at them booing with a cocky smirk before turning his attention back to Brian, and just as Roberts goes in to pick up Brian, he’s caught in a small package!

1!

2 ½!

Kick-out from Roberts! The young canadian is irate that he was almost robbed of a victory. He drives more stomps into Brian for good measure, this time with even more viciousness behind each stomp. Brandon climbs up top and leaps off with a leg drop in mind, but Brian rolls out of the way in time! Roberts gets nothing but the ring canvas! He howls in pain as Brian starts to find a second wind and Roberts is staggering back to his feet, but Brian comes flying off the ropes with a running big boot!

Pierce Donovan: Zewbowski is back in this! Which could spell disaster for the young canadian Brandon Roberts!

Roberts springs back up though to his credit but he runs right into a powerslam by Brian! Brian with the pin!

1!

2!

THR-NO!

Brian places Roberts in position for his jackknife powerbomb finish, but Roberts manages to counter and flips Brian down back first before taking Brian by the legs and launching him straight into the turnbuckle! Brian bounces off of that head first and stumbles right into a Canadian TKO by Roberts! Roberts drops down on top of Brian for the win!

1!

2!

THR-NO!

Brian is still alive! He stays in the match! Roberts is beside himself now and pounds his fist on the mat in total frustration! Roberts composes himself somewhat and has Brian locked in for the CDT, but Brian finds a way to twist out of it and he counters with a short-arm clothesline! A familiar look comes over Brian now and Humanity appears to be in control as he lines up Roberts...Welcome to Hell clothesline! Humanity is gone now as Brian shakes him off and sets up Roberts...jackknife powerbomb! He hooks the leg!

1!

2!

3!

Reina de la Cruz: The winner of the match, Brian Zewbowski!

We hear a commotion from the crowd as we see Saus X drag that same emergency ladder we last saw on Mayday and set it behind the barrier and he begins to climb it. The crowd is going absolutely nuts for Saus X. Brian has bigger fish to fry so he gets out Saus's way and leaves the ringside area.

Pierce Donovan: What is this kid thinking now? He's going to get himself hurt!

Saus X taunts on top of the ladder glaring at Brandon Roberts who's just come to and stares at Saus X like he's insane. Saus says fuck it and throws all caution to the wind as he dives off the ladder hitting Roberts in the ring with a massive crossbody!

Jasper Phoenix: This isn't 1998 anymore, foolish git. I hope he Drozes himself.

Pierce Donovan: That might be the most repugnant thing you've ever said, Jasper. You mentioned not wanting to sit next to sycophants, but you might want to take a look in the mirror because I don't think I want to sit next to you right now, and you'd better tweet out an apology before they start a hashtag cancel Jasper Phoenix trend. You'd deserve it, too.

Jasper Phoenix: Give me a break.

Upon sliding off Roberts's chest Saus immediately dives on top off Roberts on the mat and grabs his arm in a vise and repeatedly starts punching him in the head as he takes a beating defenseless!

Jasper Phoenix: If you really want to talk about being out of pocket, someone needs to get this punk off our national treasure, already. Wasn't that DDT earlier enough to give the man CTE?

AMA officials flock the ring and try to pull Saus off the fallen comrade and eventually he jumps up and lets off Roberts.

Pierce Donovan: You speak it and you shall receive it. Finally some security to make sure Saus doesn't do anything we'd all regret later.

Jasper Phoenix: I already regret he exists...

Upon laying off Roberts, Saus asks for a microphone to speak his mind. He looks ready to vent.

Saus X: I'm not just some punk you can push around, slam through plate glass windows, piledrive off ladders...

Saus pauses to collect himself and lets the fans' approval wash over him. They're his right now.

Jasper Phoenix: Our stock footage on AMA Max begs to differ, though.

Pierce Donovan: Would you shut up? Let him speak.

Saus X/Sawyer Xavier: I'm here to make a name for myself. And let me be honest, Saus X is not who I am. My name is Sawyer. Sawyer Xavier, and that's what you'll call me, from now on, you'll see a whole new me. A me that's gonna make my mark on this business and create a legacy to endure the test of time. They may say this is against medical advice, but it's still pro-wrestling to me.

Sawyer drops the microphone and plays to the crowd how are now chanting "S(AWY)OY-ER."

Pierce Donovan: This kid has unlimited upside. His potential is just unreal. And before you say anything, I don't want to hear it. You've sad enough to disparage this kid tonight and you'll be lucky to still have your job after tonight.

blkscor.jpg

We are now in the back where it appears Bryce has caught up with the ever elusive Monstruo del Circo. Who's been quite busy tonight.

Bryce Montgomery: Joining us is Monstruo del Circo, who is one of the few members of the roster that was not involved in the Gold Rush tournament. It was made clear prior to the show that Monstrou wouldn’t be making the trip to Bojangles, but he has joined us, anyway. Welcome Monstruo.

Monstruo del Circo: I do have places to be if you need something from me?

Bryce Montgomery: Pardon me for being blunt, but I've been instructed by Jasper Phoenix to ask the tough Questions here.

He clearly fumbles through a stack of notecards provided for him.

Monstruo del Circo: Go on. Shoot.

Bryce Montgomery: And if you don’t mind me asking, why are you not taking part in the Gold Rush? Did management deem that you were not good enough to compete at this level? Are you in some sort of quarantine that we need to be worried about?

Bryce points to the cards that have those exact questions written out for him, word for word. Making sure Circo sees that.

Monstruo del Circo: The real reason is that I didn’t feel I was ready to even be anywhere near the Grand Championship. Unlike the works and kayfabe that some people are living by, I really did make my debut at Under Pressure. Not my fight debut, but my wrestling debut and until I have got a few more matches underneath my belt I…

Bryce Montgomery: Jasper also wanted me to cut you off and establish to the people that you are a coward, but I'm glad that you are not, for the record. I don't think you are, certainly.

Bryce quite nervously shoves the cards back into his pockets as it's clear the interview is over and he takes a big gulp.

Monstruo del Circo: No problem, Bryce, but let Jasper know next time he can come find me.

Circo walks away from Bryce, who sighs in relief, as Circo takes the next corner, the lights begins to flicker and we can hear a clanking noise reverberate in the halls. Circo sees a window on the wall, that looks into an office, that's so clean Circo can see his own reflection, until the lights turn off and when they come back on "Beware the Ide of March" is written in red and brown viscous liquid on the glass. Circo reaches out to touch it and it's definitely real and it's not just liquid, it's muddy.

Monstruo del Circo: OK, I see you. Giving me a taste of my own mind games. Well played.

Circo seems oddly "aroused" by someone finally playing their part in the game as we fade to our next segment.

1284647552.jpeg

We're outside The Northern Touch's dressing room and see Bobby Tremblay speaking with Shavazz Hamad. Brandon Roberts walks up with a towel and some ice on his head.

Brandon Roberts: What was that back there?

Shabazz Hamad: Excuse me, Bobby I got this.

He turns his attention to the upset talent.

Shabazz Hamad: That was you failing to uphold your end of the bargain, twice I might add. Why would we reciprocate after that?

Brandon Roberts: I didn't fail. He didn't make it to the next round?

Shabazz Hamad: Let me make this clear, not only did you embarrass yourself out there, but we don't care that he didn't win his qualifying match. We needed him "taken care of" and you did not deliver on that promise. I think it's time the Agency starts keeping things in house. Not only did you guys fail to keep Saus on the shelf in Nashville or Texas, but none of the Touch even qualified for the Gold Rush. You really aren't worth my time. Excuse me. I have an important main event to get to.

Shabazz leaves and Roberts turns to Bobby to give him a dirty, but also puzzled look.

Brandon Roberts: What were you two even talking about? If he wants nothing to do with us?

Bobby Tremblay: Don't worry, kid. I can handle this.

Bobby pats Roberts on the back and gives him the cockiest smile you've ever seen as we fade back to ringside for our main event.

ama22catch3c.png

AMA GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP
Gold Rush Tournament
Opening Round Match

Christopher McMichaels v. Shinzo Omega

An excessive amount of stage pyro goes off as an instrumental of Jimi Hendrix’s classic “All Along The Watchtower” begins to play, and a cocky strut out on stage from “The Blueblood” Christopher McMichaels. He walks down to the ring with arrogant swagger in his step, and he stops along the way to tease some fans in the front row.

Reina de la Cruz: Making his way to the ring from his seasonal residence in Mykonos, Greece and weighing in 240 lb, “The Blueblood” Christopher McMichaels!

Once in the ring, more pyro rains down from the ceiling as McMichaels taunts on the turnbuckle.

Pierce Donovan: This man just oozes confidence!

Jasper Phoenix: You would too if you were as wealthy and talented as he is!

Pierce Donovan: Love him or hate him you can’t deny that he has a boatload of talent!

Jasper Phoenix: I was never denying that Pierce, it sounds to me like you were!

Reina de la Cruz: Introducing, from somewhere in Canada, He is The End! Shinzo! OMEGAAAAAA!

Pierce Donovan: This man? This thing? He's unstoppable and relentless, his combination of power and mercilessness makes him extremely dangerous!

The intro of End of heartache begins, as smoke slowly releases. Shinzo walks slowly through the smoke, looking forward with intensity. He slowly walks to the ring, climbs up and wipes his feet. He walks through the middle rope as the crowd roars and climbs the top rope. He stares off into the crowd for a few moments before doing his patented taunt.

Jasper Phoenix: Scary inside and outside the ring Pierce, I feel bad for his competitor today, he'll be lucky to get out of here on a stretcher and not a body bag!

Pierce Donovan: McMichaels will certainly have his hands full tonight! I would have to suspect though that wherever McMichaels is, his new agent or whatever he is, Shabazz Hamad is creeping around somewhere not too far behind.

Jasper Phoenix: Shinzo is no stranger to Hamad having run-ins with Hamad and his other client, Pariah, and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Hamad showed up during this match considering what that Shinzo did to Hamad’s place of business last week. Plus add in the factor that this is now a street fight, things are about to get ugly in a hurry if you ask me!

The bell has sounded and McMichaels begins to egg on Omega. He taunts him and tells Omega to bring it on. Omega simply shrugs and obliges McMichaels, but Christopher wisely slides out of the ring and wags his index finger at Omega. McMichaels retrieves a kendo stick from underneath and slides back in the ring with it, and without hesitation he swings for the fences with the stick but Omega catches it before it strikes his body, much to chagrin of McMichaels who looks like a deer caught in the headlights and Omega shoves the opposite end of the stick straight into McMichaels’ gut! McMichaels doubles over in agony as Omega takes the stick and cracks straight across the back of McMichaels!

Pierce Donovan: I wouldn’t have called it wise how McMichaels approached the beginning of this match but he’s certainly paying for it now!

Shinzo swings again, cracking the stick across Christopher’s back! McMichaels writhes in agony and he falls through the middle rope and outside of the ring. Omega follows McMichaels and tosses the stick in Christopher’s direction as if he was launching a torpedo, but it just barely misses McMichaels as Christopher is trying his best to scurry away from the ringside area. Christopher doesn’t manage to get far though as Shinzo grabs from behind by the hair and begins to repeatedly bash his forearm into Christopher’s skull as Christopher is leaned up against the outside barricade! Shinzo then unleashes several chops to the chest that leaves Christopher’s chest beet red as he tries his best to cover up to protect himself from any further damage.

Shinzo takes Christopher by the wrist and is about to irish whip him into the steel turnbuckle pole, but McMichaels counters and sends Shinzo into the steel face first! McMichaels follows up his attack by whipping Shinzo all the way into the steel steps! Shinzo is down and out now, which allows McMichaels to stomp and kick away at his fallen enemy, much to the dismay of the sold out crowd in Charlotte. Christopher picks up Shinzo and drags him away, and Shinzo tries to fight back getting some licks in with some forearm shots, but McMichaels manages to block them and counters with a double underhook snap suplex right onto the steel ramp!

Pierce Donovan: McMichaels has turned the tide in his favor and he’s not holding back now!

Jasper Phoenix: He’s got a mean streak in him and he’s showing it tonight!

McMichaels stomps away at Shinzo some more for good measure. McMichaels then taunts the crowd, relishing in the hatred being shown to him by the crowd. He drags Shinzo by the hair and tosses him into the barricade! More stomps from McMichaels against the barricade before dragging Shinzo away and he tries for another suplex, but Omega blocks it and counters with his own suplex on the steel ramp! The crowd comes alive for Omega as he wastes no time dragging McMichaels by the hair up the ramp and through the curtain to the backstage area.

The cameras follow the two men and find them just in time to catch Shinzo leveling McMichaels with a punch to the head! McMichaels stumbles around for a bit but Shinzo grabs him from behind in position for a dragon suplex straight onto the concrete floor, but McMichaels instinctively fights back by throwing back elbows every which way he can to further prevent himself from any more harm at the hands of Omega. McMichaels takes Omega and tosses him face first into a Coca-Cola vending machine, which causes some drinks to fall out of it! McMichaels takes a water that fell out, drinks some of it and then spits it back in Shinzo’s face before tossing the bottle at him!

Pierce Donovan: What a waste of a perfectly good bottle of water!

Jasper Phoenix: That was also highly unsanitary! Spitting it in his face? Ugh!

McMichaels takes Shinzo and irish whips him shoulder first into a wall! Shinzo clutches his shoulder in obvious pain, trying to fight through it, but he’s not given any time to recover as McMichaels has a steel chair now and he drives the end of it straight into Shinzo’s gut! McMichaels repaying the favor from earlier with the kendo stick and brings the chair down across Shinzo’s back! Shinzo drops to one knee, holding his chest, wincing in all the pain he’s feeling all over his body at the moment. McMichaels smacks the steel across Shinzo’s back once again! This time Shinzo falls flat on the floor and McMichaels makes the first cover!

1!

2!

3? NO! Shinzo just barely kicks out before three!

McMichaels thought he had it and he mounts Shinzo and begins to wail away with wild left and rights, but Shinzo manages to block the cascade of punches and counters with a headbutt! McMichaels falls off of Omega and tries crawling away while Shinzo is still trying to come back to his senses. McMichaels has made his way back out on stage inside the arena but eventually Shinzo shows up behind and McMichaels makes a beeline for him, but Shinzo ducks underneath, takes McMichaels by the wrist - End is Near! Bicycle knee straight to the mush! McMichaels falls on the stage in a heap and Shinzo makes the cover!

1!

2 ½

The count is broken up by Shabazz Hamad and Pariah! Two of McMichaels’ running mates making the save!

Pierce Donovan: Like we mentioned at the start of the match, it was only a matter of time until Hamad showed up but we weren’t expecting Pariah! This is a two on one mugging!

Pariah picks Shinzo up and scoop slams him on the steel staging area! Pariah picks Shinzo back up once more and holds him from behind allowing Hamad to get some licks in on Shinzo with some closed fist punches to the gut and rib area!

Jasper Phoenix: If you ask me Pierce, Shinzo had this coming! This is payback for his dastardly attack on Hamad’s business and that poor, defenseless intern! Shinzo is getting his just desserts now!

Shinzo tries to fend for himself and manages to briefly escape the clutches of Pariah after driving a shoulder into Pariah’s midsection! Shinzo turns his attention to Shabazz Hamad as Hamad begins to back peddle before Shinzo grabs him by his custom tailored suit collar, but from behind McMichaels clips him! Pariah is back now and he pulls Shinzo into a sleeper hold! McMichaels gets some shots in on Shinzo, as does Hamad until Shinzo appears to be out! Hamad orders McMichaels to set up a table on the floor beneath the stage set. McMichaels quickly sets up the table as Pariah is about to prepare to send Shinzo through a table off the stage via powerbomb, but before Pariah can even bring him up, Saus-X is on the scene to make the save!

Jasper Phoenix: What is this kid doing here?!

Pierce Donovan: Saus-X has had his fair share of run-ins with Hamad and his crew in the past, and despite Shinzo telling Saus-X to stay in the back, Saus-X is here to even the odds a little!

Jasper Phoenix: The kid has guts I’ll give him that!

Saus-X fends off McMichaels sending him into the stage set decorations! Pariah and Hamad have hightailed it to the back! Meanwhile, Shinzo starts to stir and comes to and gives a curt nod to Saus-X as an appreciation for the save. McMichaels starts to stir as well and finds that his friends are nowhere to be found. McMichaels crawls to his feet and makes his way back to the ring as Shinzo gingerly follows him, and as Shinzo slides in McMichaels jumps in on the attack with stomps and kicks. Christopher then turns his attention to the crowd and starts taunting some more, and he even calls for Light$ Out.

Pierce Donovan: Despite his best efforts and the assist from Saus-X, it looks like that this may spell the end for Shinzo Omega tonight as McMichaels looks to move on in the gold rush tournament.

McMichaels seems more than confident that this is it as he hoists Shinzo up on his shoulders in place for Light$ Out, but Shinzo has wherewithal to slide off behind McMichaels and shoves him towards the ropes and off the rebound McMichaels runs into Catastrophe! Spinning back roundhouse kick! Shinzo drops down on top of McMichaels for the pin!

1!

2!

3!

Reina de la Cruz: The winner of the match and moving on in the Gold Rush tournament, Shinzo Omega!

Jasper Phoenix: You were saying Pierce?

Pierce Donovan: It appears as though I was too quick to count out Shinzo Omega there. Nevertheless, Shinzo Omega overcame all of the odds and advances in the Gold Rush!

Jasper Phoenix: McMichaels was looking for Light$ Out but it ends up being lights out for him, courtesy of Shinzo Omega!

Omega has his arm raised by the referee as he stares down at a fallen McMichaels, and then he slowly exits the ring without turning back to look as he heads up the ramp while the referee checks on Christopher McMichaels.

Pierce Donovan: It's been an insane night of AMA Wrestling. Have a great night and take car...

Steve Sanders rushes into the ring with a purpose and superkicks McMichaels before picking him off the mat and tossing him over the top rope to the floor.

Pierce Donovan: He is not being gentle tonight. My goodness.

The angry elf demands to have a microphone. No please, either. How rude.

Jasper Phoenix: Manners, geez.

Steve Sanders: That's it. That's it. That's it. We're done with this dance you and I. We've played this song for 10 years and I won't still be pining to hear in 10 more. We end this right here. Right now. Show your ugly mug. This Pay-Per-View doesn't end until I see face-to-face like a man.

Before Christopher McMichaels could get to his feet, he notices one Buffalo Jones in the crowd behind him. Christopher hightails it to the back to meet up with his Agency.

Steve Sanders: I don't have all day, mon frère. I know you're in the building. I know you have the "creative freedom" to "book" yourself a segment. Let's fucking go.

Speak of the devil and he doth appear. Sean Classic pops onto the giant ThawneTron above the entrance ramp.

Sean Classic: What? Did you expect me to show up face-to-face in Charlotte where Jake is clearly standing by to jump me and kidnap me like he did my son?

Steve Sanders: Classic "Classic" Establishment. Avoid a real man to man confrontation at all costs. Always send your sidekicks to do it for you, right?

Sean Classic: The Establishment boogeyman you've been "fighting" has been dead and buried for over 7 years. It's an illusion. No, a delusion. It's all in your head. No one is out to get you. You get you, Sanders. Sanders screws Sanders. Each and every single time you're given another chance. Which sidebar you always happen to come back to where I happen to be. And when the pressure is on and you're about to achieve what you've been whining about for so long, you do something to screw it up and then blame management for your own shortcomings. It's time for you to come to grip with reality or else you will be the one truly buried alive and left for dead. There is no one else to blame. You are the reason you no longer have another shot. At this run, at this fed, at the world title you claimed you clamored for for so long. It's all over in a blink of an eye for you. Then you make ridiculous claims that the business wouldn't thrive without you, but it's still here and you've barely ever truly been it. So here's the truth. You don't deserve another chance with me in this lifetime, but in the realm of entertainment, I'll give you the attention you so desperately crave one last time. In Florida, at Manifest Destiny, you and me, loser leaves this town for good. No, better yet, loser gets buried alive. Just make sure you actually bury this one this time.

The lights turn off for 30 seconds and when they come back on a dark, bloody, muddy figure with a hood on stands begins Sanders holding a shovel.

Jasper Phoenix: Are we about to see a live murder?

With a violent THUD the end of the shovel breaks off as it smashes Sanders's skull in. The figure reveals himself to be Blake Justice.

Pierce Donovan: Have we stepped into an alternate reality where we started producing ultimate death match?

Jasper Phoenix: I have to say at least this had a better payoff than the Black Scorpion. And we didn't have to wait months.

Sean Classic: When you don't bury things properly, they come back to haunt you. If you want to see it done right, come to Daytona and I'll show you your eternal resting place.

Monstruo del Circo appears on the ramp leading to confusion from the crowd and commentators. Absolute shock.

Sean Classic: On one final note, I promise you no one is holding you down or holding you back. No one cares enough about you to be biased against you. I promise. No one cares. Come Manifest Destiny, I'll show you where True North truly lies and where it'll take you. But, I promise you, you won't like the answers. Oh, and Fin from Sharknado will always be the true Steve Sanders. I'll be glad to finally give his name back to him after Manifest Destiny.

Pierce Donovan: That's abut all the time we have for tonight, folks, but I promise you we will get answers at Rush Hour.

Jasper Phoenix: Goodnight and take care.

The AMA graphic appears on the screen as Blake and Circo stare each down and medics rush to Sanders aid.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
notes:
I really enjoyed Circo's video promo, i vibe.
interested to see where the classic/liberty stuff goes
Hamad agency dropping a member and gaining one, and the swerve was very interesting. powerful union
seeds of the North is also fun, with Don losing it, looking forward to see where that goes
kidnapping angle went off well and looking forward to writing more of that
lots of fantastic matches! My favorite being the main and the buffalo/don match
The new factions promo and the Lobo preview were both aces. really enjoyed the short promo especially.
lmao at the shovel spot at the end, hilarious.
10/10 show

Last edited:
Reactions: Rosie

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Honestly, pretty dang solid show. I always find shows tend to get even better the more a rhythm is in and they are done more often. But you missed an opportunity:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Honestly, pretty dang solid show. I always find shows tend to get even better the more a rhythm is in and they are done more often. But you missed an opportunity:

Now that a certain problematic person is no longer here I'm hoping to do just that. I certainly won't prioritize saving mafia again.

That section should be stable enough now. Either way, I'll let Poyser captain that ship and the e-fed is my baby.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Now that a certain problematic person is no longer here I'm hoping to do just that. I certainly won't prioritize saving mafia again.

That section should be stable enough now. Either way, I'll let Poyser captain that ship and the e-fed is my baby.
mafia is ebs and flows anyways and like you said, were back to it there and im not overly worried about it. im personally more into this as well soooooo....yeah more efed always plis!

• Love
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
mafia is ebs and flows anyways and like you said, were back to it there and im not overly worried about it. im personally more into this as well soooooo....yeah more efed always plis!

I'm enjoying the Mafia break tbh :cozy I think the games are always more hype after some time away too

This AMA show is going on my read list for later. Coffee and E-Fed reading. Sounds pretty good. Thank you for all the hard work on getting this show up, great to back in business and can't wait to contribute to the next one :loveislouder

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just finished that Don/Buffalo match :banderas:;

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Just finished that Don/Buffalo match :banderas:;
prob my favorite match (usually dont pick one i wrote) but it ended up being so fucking good with the commentary and editting. just some hard hitting awesomesauce

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh wow just finished and didn't even realize i was already at the end :DEAD: Great stuff

Josh Drake

Is Extreme And Lives For The Coming Out
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
mitsuharumisawa
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
GenichiroTenryu
Favorite Wrestler
ChrisKanyon
Favorite Wrestler
MasaakiMochizuki
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Damn, a show near my hometown, maybe I was in attendance?

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
The lights turn off for 30 seconds and when they come back on a dark, bloody, muddy figure with a hood on stands begins Sanders holding a shovel.

Jasper Phoenix: Are we about to see a live murder?

With a violent THUD the end of the shovel breaks off as it smashes Sanders's skull in. The figure reveals himself to be Blake Justice.
I fucking love it. :proud

Thanks for giving me such a cool return. Being the last big segment is a big deal as well, I'm flattered by that.

Seriously, thank you. I'm blown away by this show.

tumblr_inline_mkrondNBM81qz4rgp.gif

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Review Part 1 [will do this in a few parts]

- Sanders and Wakefield opening - hard to tell if that was a shoot or a work tbh
- Buffalo be thrown into the segment honestly, made it more interesting and completed the opener.
- the first match of the night was a solid read - nice to see Buffalo Jones advance. Don Marshall is nice as well, but there I would be lying if I said was wasn't invested in the Jones character.
- Shinzo and McMichaels confrontation - had a nice slow burn, Saus telling Shinzo he had his back - I just found that cute.
- Solid next match with Kandi advancing.
- The Marshall vs. Jones setup - can really feel the desire from Don ahead of the match.
- Maverick winning by count-out - perhaps we will find the reasoning for this later on in the night
- writing that Liberty segment seems like an age ago - need to remember this for future segs
- Curious about that Yuki/Ryoji segment - something seems a little be suspicious
- The match between Jones and Marshall was LIT! Jones advancing, but Marshall exacting some post-match revenge. Both men look strong as hell after that contest.