Road To FIFA: World Cup 2014 Brazil

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
As we know the World Cup begins on 12th June 2014 and finishes on 13th July 2014.

It's a big event and right now there are qualifiers.

Brazil being the host country are already qualified, as of tonight Australia also qualified as did Japan.

The rest of the qualifiers are yet to be done but here how it looks;

* - Denotes onto next stage

(Africa):
Group A
Ethiopia 13*
South Africa 8*
Botswana 4
C.A.R 3

NOTE: One match to go, both qualify to next stage.

Group B
Tunisia 11*
Cape Verde Islands 6
Sierra Leone 5
Equatorial Guinea 5

NOTE: Sierra Leone plays Equatorial Guinea which means whoever wins could seal 2nd spot given if Tunisia defeats Cape Verde Islands.

Group C
Ivory Coast 13*
Morocco 8
Tanzania 6
Gambia 3

NOTE: Gambia has Tanzania next which could mean a Tanzania win could see them replace Morocco if Morocco falls to Ivory Coast.

Group D
Ghana 12 *
Zambia 11 *
Sudan 2
Lesotho 2

NOTE: Both Ghana and Zambia goes onto next round.

Group E
Congo 10 *
Burkina Faso 9
Gabon 7
Niger 3

NOTE: Burkina Faso has Gabon, if Gabon wins they'll replace Burkina Faso. Congo qualifies regardless having facing Niger next.

Group F
Nigeria 9
Malawi 7
Namibia 5
Kenya 3

NOTE: The toughest group in the African Playoffs. Nigeria has Malawi next and Namibia has Kenya. If Namibia wins they could seal second spot. Kenya will miss out.

Group G:
Egypt 15*
Guinea 10*
Mozambique 2
Zimbabwe 1

NOTE: Guinea & Egpyt both qualify.

Group H:
Algeria 12*
Mali 8
Benin 5
Rwanda 2

NOTE: Algeria has Mali next. If Mali loses 1-0 to Algeria and Benin wins 2-0 over Rwanda then Benin will qualify on goal differental.

Group I:
Libya 9
Cameroon 7
Congo DR 6
Togo 4

NOTE: Far from over here as Cameroon faces Libya, Congo faces Togo. It could go anyway here as Libya could miss out their spot if Cameroon and Congo wins.

Group J:
Senegal 9 *
Uganda 8 *
Angola 4
Liberia 4

NOTE: Angola has Liberia next which means both already miss out.

AFRICA - Round 3

The ten group winners from Round 2 will contest Round 3. The teams will be paired into five home-and-away ties. The matches will likely be played between 11-15 October and 15-19 November 2013. The five teams that win their respective ties will qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cupâ„¢.

Qualified Teams to Stage 3: (So far as one more match to go before next stage)
Ethiopia
South Africa
Tunisia
Ivory Coast
Ghana
Zambia
Congo
Egypt
Guinea
Algeria
Senegal
Uganda

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(ASIA):
Group A
Korea Republic 14
Iran 13
Uzbekistan 11
Qatar 7
Lebanon 5

NOTE: Uzbekistan has Qatar - A win would see Uzbekistan on 14
Korea has Iran next - Iran winning would see them on 16 and Korea missing out on the World Cup

Group B:
Japan 17*
Australia 13*
Oman 9
Jordan 7
Iraq 5

NOTE: Australia & Japan both qualify for the World Cup 2014.

The two third-place teams from the two Round 4 groups will contest Round 5. The teams will play one home-and-away play-off. The matches will likely be played between 6 and 10 September 2013. The Round 5 winner advances to the intercontinental play-off.

The intercontinental play-offs will be played between the Round 5 Winner of Asia and the fifth placed team of South America.

1st Leg
Asia – South America
2nd Leg
South America - Asia

The matches are expected to be played on 15 and 19 November 2013.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Europe): (Still 3 matches per group to go, total of 10 matches)
Group A
Belgium 19
Croatia 16
Serbia 7
Wales 6
Scotland 5
FYR Macedonia 4

NOTE: With three matches to go, Serbia would have to win all three to qualify. You could say it's pretty much solified Belgium & Croatia making it to the next stage.

Group B
Italy 14
Bulgaria 10
Czech Republic 9
Armenia 6
Denmark 6
Malta 3

NOTE: It could go anyway, Malta written off already. But it's pretty much between Italy, Bulgaria & Czech Republic unless we see some upsets.

Group C
Germany 16
Austria 11
Sweden 11
Ireland 11
Kazakhstan 1
Faroe Islands 0

NOTE: Germany, Austria, Sweden & Ireland will be battling it out to qualify onto the next stage.

Group D
Netherlands 18
Hungary 11
Romania 10
Turkey 7
Estonia 6
Andorra 0

NOTE: Netherlands should solidify themselves onto the next stage. Hungary, Romania and Turkey will do battle for 2nd place.

Group E
Switzerland 14
Albania 10
Iceland 9
Norway 8
Slovenia 6
Cyprus 4

NOTE: Could actually go anyway here, should be tough to see.

Group F
Portugal 14
Russia 12
Israel 11
Azerbaijan 4
Northern Ireland 3
Luxembourg 3

NOTE: Top 3 will do heavy battle to qualify onto the next stage, it's between Portugal/Russia for me.

Group G
Bosnia-Herzegovina 16
Greece 13
Slovakia 9
Lithuania 5
Latvia 4
Liechtenstein 2

NOTE: We should see Greece topple Bosnia-Herzegovina but with Slovakia 3rd it could be a surprise to who qualifies from this group.

Group H
Montenegro 14
England 12
Ukraine 11
Poland 9
Moldova 5
San Marino 0

NOTE: The top 4 is actually interesting, could Ukraine and Montenegro hold on and knock England off? That will be the big watch here.

Group I
Spain 11
France 10
Finland 6
Georgia 4
Belarus 4

NOTE: By the looks of things Spain & France will advance from here.

Will be updated once games are played

(North, Central & Carribeans): (Still 4 games to go)
USA 10
Costa Rica 8
Mexico 8
Honduras 7
Panama 6
Jamaica 2

NOTE: With 4 games to go, it is becoming very hard and close for these teams here.

The intercontinental play-offs will be played between the fourth placed team of North, Central America and the Caribbean and the winner of Oceania.

1st Leg
North, Central America and the Caribbean - Oceania

2nd Leg
Oceania - North, Central America and the Caribbean

The matches are expected to be played on 15 and 19 November 2013.

(Oceania):
New Zealand 18 *
New Caledonia 12
Tahiti 3
Solomon Islands 3

NOTE: New Zealand will play whoever finishes 4th in the North, Central, Carribeans group. If New Zealand can win the leg on goal differentals then they will qualify for the World Cup.

(SOUTH AMERICA): (Still 4 Games to play)
Argentina 26
Colombia 23
Ecuador 21
Chile 21
Uruguay 16
Venezuela 16
Peru 14
Bolivia 10
Paraguay 8

NOTE: Brazil already qualifies for being host country.

These will be updated as matches are played, feel free to discuss any World Cup discussions.

Reactions: 2 people

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Brilliant post Andrew and great idea for this thread.

I watched the game tonight and I was getting a bit nervous near the end but thankfully Jesus saved the day and scored. Can't believe he wasn't marked in the box. It has been a great few weeks for the Socceroos after leaving everything to the last part of qualifying. The game against Japan set the tone and we kept the form from there. Fantastic to be booked in for a third World Cup in a row after having missed out for 32 years before that.

Glad that The Netherlands are controlling their group. My parents were both born there so they are my second team at the World Cup.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Holy shit [MENTION=11]Andrew[/MENTION]! Nicely done taking the time to post this! Being from the US I'm only a casual soccer/football fan but I get completely sucked in come World Cup time (despite the USA having literally zero chance of winning)... I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure as qualifying moves forward..

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Germany to win the whole thing, Belgium to be darkhorses.

Brazil and France to flop again.

(assuming all those teams qualify)

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
No way you wrote half of the non-factual stuff included in here, but good job on copy and pasting it none the less.

Couldn't give a shit about all these qualifiers, just wake me up when the actual entrants are confirmed. Vast majority of teams on here are just garbage and there to make up the numbers which makes for no fun at all. Who the hell wants to watch teams like Mali or the Congo getting spanked.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Germany to win the whole thing, Belgium to be darkhorses.

Brazil and France to flop again.

(assuming all those teams qualify)
Belgium should get towards the latter stages, they've got some ridiculously talented players in their squad now it's actually frightening.

albo2

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
lita
Favorite Wrestler
team3d
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
YEWWWWW BEEEWWWWDDDDYYYYY, is all i can say about Australia making it through to another world cup, after our 2-1 result i think it was in about march, i though we were gone but we have gone and booked it after a bloke that hasnt played international football in years pops up in the box and scores the winner. Wasn"t able to watch it since i was working in the day and plus, dont think english tv would show it but at least it gives me a bit of wood over my english friends for a few weeks saying we are growing to Brazil and atm they arent sure. I think Uruagry or Belgium might win this, i might back both because i think 1 will definatly get in the final.

Reactions: 1 person

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The likes of Japan and Austeria will bring some character to the tournament and if they get decent groups could suprise a few people.

England's group is getting very interesting.

Am with Cork think Germany will take the title, but Spain are still very impressive, in some ways home advatadge could work against Brazil.

Will be visiting this thread a lot.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
No way you wrote half of the non-factual stuff included in here, but good job on copy and pasting it none the less.

Couldn't give a shit about all these qualifiers, just wake me up when the actual entrants are confirmed. Vast majority of teams on here are just garbage and there to make up the numbers which makes for no fun at all. Who the hell wants to watch teams like Mali or the Congo getting spanked.

The only thing I copied and pasted from that was the leg and next round stages

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Great thread Andrew, of course I am supporting England, but growing very fond of Belgium, dark horses for sure. Hope England qualify but disagree on what you said about Greece toppling Bosnia. Edin Dzeko, Ibisevic, Pjanic, Salihovic & Begovic in goal should be enough to see them through.

AF.

Reaction score
Stoked to see Australia in their 3rd straight world cup. I still remember in 2006 when we almost took down Italy in one of the finals. I hope we can produce some good results, and hopefully get an easy group. I think we will do well regardless.

My pick to win it all is Spain. Depending on how it pans out, I'll go with Germany as the runner up.

Reactions: 1 person

Miss D

Reaction score
damnit Mexico why cant u find a way to win besides Chicharito,

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Why is the World Cup being held in a 3rd world toilet that's unsafe? Should have just had it in Dubai, ffs.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This Japan-Italy game is great.

Yes! Someone else saw it. Possibly one of the greatest games I have ever seen.

It had the lot, end to end action, great football, near misses, twists and turns and debatable decissions.

Feel bad for Japan that they didn't get anything from it. If they play that way next summer they will have a chance of escaping the group of course football doesn't always work that way.