RIP Dio

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
The problem with DIO dying is the fact that he was universally loved by other musicians (not including ex-bandmates, Vivian Campbell in particular). He wasn't a dick. He wasn't known for being a pompous asshole. He was known for being a down to earth guy with a killer voice. I actually spent a part of Sunday looking for anyone with a bad word about Dio, couldn't find one. I was honestly expecting Gene Simmons to die before Dio, but apparently you get to live longer by being an arrogant, marginally talented (barely played bass on KISS albums) cocksucker.

If you are a newbie to DIO check out Holy Diver, The Last In Line or The Beast Of DIO. The Beast Of DIO is a great comp that has DIO & Rainbow tracks.

Exactly. He wasn't a prick at all and he was a generally nice guy who joked around and had a good time. He wasn't some fucking douchebag that people would be glad to see dead. He was a great person.

I hate the sudden Dio dickriders that became fans AFTER he died just to be a part of the Dio crowd. Run into quite a few already, all a bunch of losers who can only name Heaven and Hell.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
I hate the sudden Dio dickriders that became fans AFTER he died just to be a part of the Dio corwd. Run into quite a few already, all a bunch of losers who can only name Heaven and Hell.

I saw it happen when Peter Steele died last month, all the little kiddies who never heard of him were twittering about Type O Negative & Carnivore. Those same asses couldn't name a song besides "Black #1" or maybe "Cinnamon Girl". I read a lot of Yahoo answers about Peter Steele & his music written by poseurs asking about getting into his music. It happened when Dimebag died too. All the little kiddies who never heard a note of Pantera besides "Walk" were rocking crisp t-shirts from Hot Topic and saying how Damageplan was amazing. Damageplan was ok, but not close to the greatness of Pantera (especially early to mid-90's Pantera). I don't really recall there being the dickrider phenomenon when Chuck Schuldiner died, maybe because there really wasn't any Death or Control Denied merch out at that time, just the CDs minus Spiritual Healing because it was out of print a few years before and a few years after his death. The Petrus T. Steele & Dimebag Darrell dickriding bothered me the most because a lot of it was the same jerkoffs who were listening to shitty Pop groups last year before deciding to become "darker" because Twilight came out.

The funny thing about DIO's death is that there isn't anything negative written about him on Blabbermouth. Probably a first for that site that there is all positive comments about someone. Probably the fact that he innovated & never sold out his sound had something to do with it. It just sucks that he was diagnosed 6 months ago with stomach cancer & now he's dead. I think that its a shitty time to be a musician I like, they seem to be dying one a month.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I honestly don't know how the fuck Keith Richards is still alive.

Ozzy, I can believe, because he should have died decades ago but didn't so I have come to the conclusion that he is immortal.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how the fuck Keith Richards is still alive.

Ozzy, I can believe, because he should have died decades ago but didn't so I have come to the conclusion that he is immortal.

The cocaine in Keith Richards blood is keeping his heart pumping.

With the amount of damage Ozzy did to himself he was lucky to make it through the 80's, 90's & 00's. The man keeps surviving every shitty thing thrown his way. He seems a lot more coherent now that he stopped drinking wine. You can actually understand more of what he's saying.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
lol, it's funny because we had a convo about Keith at work today and we figure if he stops doing what he's doing (drugs), he'll drop dead, haha.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
lol, it's funny because we had a convo about Keith at work today and we figure if he stops doing what he's doing (drugs), he'll drop dead, haha.

The funny thing is I remember reading an article he did in Rolling Stone years ago where he said pretty much the same thing.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
After he fell out of that tree and lived, I was amazed. A dude that old and crusty should have turned to dust after that fall.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
After he fell out of that tree and lived, I was amazed. A dude that old and crusty should have turned to dust after that fall.

That was one of the best stories ever. He decides to climb a coconut tree to get a fresh one, slipped & fell on his back. It actually happened right after he agreed to be in Pirates of the Caribbean 3. What was even funnier was the nude photos some paparazzi took of him on a boat in the Caribbean in the late 90's. On one of his early Daily Show episodes, Jon Stewart superimposed his head onto Keith Richards penis & had a heart to heart talk with him about being too gross looking to be out nude in public.

Kizza

Reaction score
The problem with DIO dying is the fact that he was universally loved by other musicians (not including ex-bandmates, Vivian Campbell in particular). He wasn't a dick. He wasn't known for being a pompous asshole. He was known for being a down to earth guy with a killer voice. I actually spent a part of Sunday looking for anyone with a bad word about Dio, couldn't find one. I was honestly expecting Gene Simmons to die before Dio, but apparently you get to live longer by being an arrogant, marginally talented (barely played bass on KISS albums) cocksucker.

If you are a newbie to DIO check out Holy Diver, The Last In Line or The Beast Of DIO. The Beast Of DIO is a great comp that has DIO & Rainbow tracks.

Metal: A Headbanger's Journey is a true example of the class act Dio was. Letting a man into his house, making him feel welcome, all for a five minute interview/biography into Dio growing up as an Italian. I was amazed at how a big name like Dio was on a doco like that, just showing that he's class really.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Metal: A Headbanger's Journey is a true example of the class act Dio was. Letting a man into his house, making him feel welcome, all for a five minute interview/biography into Dio growing up as an Italian. I was amazed at how a big name like Dio was on a doco like that, just showing that he's class really.

Fuck yes, Dio was one of a kind. Dude was kind and sincere and was still the same person he was before he became famous.

Jachson

Reaction score
I don't know who the guy is, but everyone deserves a Rest in Peace, so Rest in Peace Dio.