• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ring Announcer Dan Masters has passed away after car accident

Chris

Dreams are Endless
fc5ajrnagaetfju.jpg

Dan Masters has passed away.

Masters performed as a ring announcer, host, interviewer, and on commentary for a variety of promotions over the last 25 years. Some of the companies he worked for include WOW, PCW Ultra, Championship Wrestling from Hollywood, and more.

Masters was killed in a car accident on Wednesday while vacationing in El Salvador.

"We are absolutely gutted upon hearing the news of Dan Masters passing. Dan was much more than our ring announcer, 1 of the 4 remaining ULTRA OG’s who worked every single show, an integral member of our crew, and the first stone in building a professional company…he was family," wrote PCW Ultra on Twitter.

"Our condolences go out to our WOW Superheroes Dan Masters’ family and friends. Dan was not only a great ring announcer but a friend to everyone. May he rest in peace," wrote WOW on Twitter.

"The longer we live, the more people we lose. RIP Dan Masters- forever young," wrote Rob Van Dam.

Masters' niece, Katelyn Corbett Middleton, wrote about her uncle on Facebook.

"Rest in peace to a remarkable, larger-than-life man, my Uncle Daniel. As a kid, he made me feel like the coolest person on this planet—talking on the radio, getting “wake up” phone calls from ”famous” wrestlers and shoutouts at his wrestling events. He was the star of the show everywhere he went, but made me feel special. He was taken too soon and will be missed tremendously by the people who knew and loved him."

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Like many of the people I know, he worked Rampage Pro Wrestling for awhile. Was a pretty cool dude as he talked to people during like intern mission and everything.