Rich Swann Arrested

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Who knew Rich and Stone Cold had something in common!
I still say he should have been punished more for that but I guess back then, Vince didn't have to pretend to care about women he wasn't sleeping with.

• Haha
Reactions: Swift

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I still say he should have been punished more for that but I guess back then, Vince didn't have to pretend to care about women he wasn't sleeping with.

True, Wrestlers have bad history with domestic abuse for whatever reason and WWE hasn't been very consistent in how they handle them. I don't think suspension is gonna cut it for Swann, I really wonder how different this story would be received by fans and handled by WWE if it were one of the top guys.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
True, Wrestlers have bad history with domestic abuse for whatever reason and WWE hasn't been very consistent in how they handle them. I don't think suspension is gonna cut it for Swann, I really wonder how different this story would be received by fans and handled by WWE if it were one of the top guys.
Makes me wonder. For all we know, it has happened or does happen and they cover for them. Could you imagine if it came out that Cena hits Nikki or something?

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Makes me wonder. For all we know, it has happened or does happen and they cover for them. Could you imagine if it came out that Cena hits Nikki or something?

Or that maybe Roman, Seth or Dean abuses their wife/girlfriend, it be interesting to see the mental gymnastics WWE goes through to clear their name.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Or that maybe Roman, Seth or Dean abuses their wife/girlfriend, it be interesting to see the mental gymnastics WWE goes through to clear their name.
I think wrestlers in general like you said are more prone to violence because of injuries, lack of sleep, hormones shifts from "natural roids". There is just a lot here and I could see them covering up things like abuse to keep from losing money. Former wrestlers have been indirectly abused by the company itself so they seemingly will turn a blind eye for a special few.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Now I'm not excusing his actions or trying defend what he did. It was wrong. But to flat out label him an abusive person is a little extreme. Nobody knows anyone else's emotional obstacles throughout their lives that shapes the way they respond to certain scenarios. In this instance he should have handled things a little differently and I'm sure he feels 100% guilty about the way he acted in hindsight.
This could very well be an isolated incident. An argument that escalated too much and rather than leave her in a city by herself he wanted her to get back in the car.
Was alcohol a factor? Not even an excessive amount either. It can play on your actions aswell.

At the very least he should seek some form of help in dealing with emotional stress. And figure out what things trigger him to act certain ways and how to deal with them before he reaches his boiling point.
But to label someone as abusive based off of 1 incident is a little harsh in my eyes. But then again we live in a time where everyone is judged instantly for actions by people who know absolutely nothing about their personal lives or mental struggles.

Again, the way he dealt with the situation at hand was wrong. But before we judge his entire life, there's two sides to every story.

I hope they both get the help they need.

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison