• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rich Franklin​ Undergoes Successful Surgery

Truth

Reaction score
Beth Phoenix?

Where is she? I'm not a fan of the diva division anymore but Beth was very good. She got injured a long time ago and was said to be out for 3 months, never came back though. Right now we have Candice getting a push even though she's terrible and its just funny when he tries in the ring. Beth is definetly top 3 divas if she is to come back, along with Mickie and Melina. If they want viewers to semi enjoy the diva segments, how bout have all divas on one show for one thing, and then have Beth Phoenix come back, and have her in fueds for the title that actually have a story. They already have it set up for her and Mickie, I think it was something with Beth being part of her past.

Soulpower

Beth doesn't look like your typical diva.... So don't expect to see her on WWE tv anytime soon, no matter how good she is in the ring.

Echelon

Reaction score
I don't think that WWE will release Beth Phoenix. She is a very beautiful young lady who fits the discription of a diva, except the fact that she has been training for over a decade, she has fought some of the best on the indy circuit, and beaten some of the best on the indy circit. Anyone that says that Beth Pheonix isn't Diva material, because she doesn't have the diva look is wrong. I would say that those peoples perceptions on how women should look are a little distorted.

3lions

Reaction score
The more time that passes, the chances of Beth being released increase. She is one of (if not the) most talented women WWE currently have. It was unfortunate for her to get injured when she was first brought up, but I'm sure she would do breat if she were given the opportunity again. I am surprised she hasn't been brought up yet, especially since Trish/Lita have left the company.

newcreature

Reaction score
It's not really that our perception of how women should look is distorted, it's that Vince's perception of how women should look is distorted. The women's division can easily be saved by adding women who are great wrestlers, but Vince won't do that because all he wants are models that will pose for Playboy. That explains the diva search. It's not a search for the next diva, it's a search for the next playboy model. The only reason Layla hasn't posed is because Hef doesn't like black women, even though she has light skin.

The Ripper

Reaction score
i think she wont get released because while she is down in OVW she can be doing what finlay does by wrestling with others getting there in ring work to improve

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
According to his camp, former
UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin underwent successful surgery on Wednesday to repair a torn labrum. Franklin's manager, J.T. Stewart, released the following statement today…

"I spoke with Rich; he's feeling great, and as soon as the doctor gives him the go-ahead, he's ready to start training again. If everything goes as expected, UFC fans could see Rich Franklin back in the octagon in late summer."

MMAScoops.com