• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Well, I'm still going to disagree. Mick has put over a lot of people, and had to job to a lot of people he shouldn't have. Flair, is like HBK or HHH, never wants to lose, but once in a while, and always thinks he jobbed (except for maybe Flair's last match) Still, I stick to my opinion 100%

Wrestling Station

Flair was a booker in NWA/WCW but as far as anyone can tell, he never booked himself. The powers that be in the NWA/WCW decided to give not just him, but the whole 4 Horsemen as long a run as they could because it was over. And yeah he had a lot of title reigns, but he also helped MAKE a lot of stars. Ricky Steamboat, Magnum TA, Dusty Rhodes, Sting, Barry Windam, Lex Luger, hell ALL of the 4 Horsemen, all of them were made in LARGE PART due to Ric Flair. Who has Mick Foley helped make? The Rock, HHH, and Randy Orton. When Foley comes out, do people chant "BANG BANG" or when he puts over someone, does the crowd go "THANK - YOU - FO - LEY" no. You people hate Ric Flair because he was plain better than Mick. Better in the ring, had more titles, made more stars, had more memorable feuds, and got into the HOF.
^add to that, that Flair actually is better in mic too.

Also, he is an old wrestler, not as Mick (was famous in the attitude era more than the WCW, ECW and WWF's prior to attitude era).

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
My hating Ric Flair has nothing to do with Mick Foley, this is just the direction the conversation has gone. But if you want to compare them, who has had more memorable moments in their recent careers? You can get all "Flair Vs. HBK is match of the year, if not best match of all time!!" and I call utmost bullshit on that. 10 years from now the memory of Foley being tossed off the cell through the table will be held in much higher regard than a superkick to a 58 year old bald crying fat man following 20 minutes of said fat man being carried the whole damn match. If it was anyone besides Flair the match would have been deemed an absolute embarassment and someone would have been fired right after the match. But Foley Vs. Orton? For now and forever that will be one of the greatest matches of all time.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
I think Mick is better on the mic, more entertaining. Check his ECW promo's, and his promo's as heel in WWE/F. They were gold. But I'm quite sick of talking about this old man, Flair. He's gone, so I will try to restrain myself from talking about his ass, the sound of his name jus grinds my gears.

Kaedon

Reaction score
My hating Ric Flair has nothing to do with Mick Foley, this is just the direction the conversation has gone. But if you want to compare them, who has had more memorable moments in their recent careers? You can get all "Flair Vs. HBK is match of the year, if not best match of all time!!" and I call utmost bullshit on that. 10 years from now the memory of Foley being tossed off the cell through the table will be held in much higher regard than a superkick to a 58 year old bald crying fat man following 20 minutes of said fat man being carried the whole damn match. If it was anyone besides Flair the match would have been deemed an absolute embarassment and someone would have been fired right after the match. But Foley Vs. Orton? For now and forever that will be one of the greatest matches of all time.

Really? What else happened in those matches besides hardcore spots? What was the story that was told? And personally, I'd rather be remembered for having a great match than for being able to endure pain, which is what Foley's only strength is over everyone (and I mean everyone) else is. He can take a sick bump, but so what? And do you even know what "carry" means in wrestling? "Carry" means one guy does all the work. HBK did some spots in the match, but Flair MORE than held his own. He cut as fast a pace, stalling was all but non existent, and he sold like a motherfucker. Thats working, thats CARRYING a load. You want to see a carry job? Watch any big Ultimate Warrior match, THOSE are carry jobs. Once again Roxxi shows he doesnt know fucking word ONE about wrestling.

Wrestling Station

Really? What else happened in those matches besides hardcore spots? What was the story that was told? And personally, I'd rather be remembered for having a great match than for being able to endure pain, which is what Foley's only strength is over everyone (and I mean everyone) else is. He can take a sick bump, but so what? And do you even know what "carry" means in wrestling? "Carry" means one guy does all the work. HBK did some spots in the match, but Flair MORE than held his own. He cut as fast a pace, stalling was all but non existent, and he sold like a motherfucker. Thats working, thats CARRYING a load. You want to see a carry job? Watch any big Ultimate Warrior match, THOSE are carry jobs. Once again Roxxi shows he doesnt know fucking word ONE about wrestling.
that true!
Hardcore wrestling as in ECW, is nothing to be remembered as the best match of the year or w/e!

Foley, yes he had good gimmicks, and bad gimmicks too, and Ric Flair was always the "The dirtiest player of the game" and he didnt really needed a freaky gimmick to be recongnized!

Yes, the match between Foley vs Taker in HIAC was good (only the hard beating Foley endured).. nothing special about that match coz it was a dominating Taker vs a guy who can take up beating..lol

Anyway, Ric Flair is a legend, having a huge list of matches and titles and feuds in all of the big wrestling companies. Having stables like 4-horsemen and Evolution, which are no doubtly two of the best stables of all time!

He MADE history, and as Triple H said it best, without Ric Flair and him forming the 4 horsemen stable, there was never going to be NWO, Evolution, DX and others!.. never been younger superstars having the desire to get into the pro-wrestling profession and be passionated about it for 36 years.

Im not saying that Foley was bad, he was good in "hardcore" and "endurance" and having a "have a nice day sux" lol.. well.. :schnauz:

Timmy T

Reaction score
This is the problem....

Like people say sometimes people hang on a little to long.

I think this is the problem with people and Ric Flair. A lot of people don't know, wern't watching at the time or weren't alive when Ric Flair was literally THE best in the buisness, they only know Flair in his later WWE years when his skills had lessoned and he did a repetitive routine in each match.

The Four Horseman revolutionlized wrestling, His matches with Harley Race, Ricky Steamboat, Sting and Dusty Rhodes were bar setting and matches that really were before their time.

Love him or hate him, he has done a lot for this buisness, including taking people like HHH, HBK, Randy Orton, John Cena and Batista, regardless if you like them or not they are the present and future of the buisness under his wing and helped then both by putting them over and by giving them advice as a mentor.

I agree with HHH, Ric Flair almost deserves his own wing in the Hall of Fame because there are very few who I consider on his level, and that is spoken as a 20+ year wrestling fan.

HBKforever

Reaction score
So much to address, so little time.....

Mick Foley is great. Great on the mic, could perform as 3 seperate characters (4 if you count just Mick Foley), willing to take on any type of hardcore match and take the sickest bumps ever. But he has not been around as long as Ric Flair, has not held as many titles, has not put over so many superstars, has not carried any companies on his back.....Should Mick Foley be in the HOF, absolutely. His time will come, but there are more people who have done just as much and more for wrestling who have been around longer...However, Mick Foley has not done as much for wrestling as Ric Flair and most everyone on here agrees.

As for me and HHHforever posting one after the other at times. Well no fucking duh...why would we call ourselves IWF's DX if we didn't do that??? I guess you could say it's part of our gimmick. No one else is really doing that so we thought it might be fun....I mean we wouldn't be arguing with Roxxi and KroniK so much if they didn't make such Blue posts. Besides, he posts A LOT more than I do and is much more established on this site. Don't be bitter because I'm just another gun firing at ya. Better than being Pinky and the Brain over here, I wonder which one is which??? I'll guess that Roxxi is the brain cause he thinks he knows everything but his plans ultimately always fail, and KroniK is pinky because his brain cells are just fried....in the end, they're just a couple of insignificant mice.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^ Thank you. I also noticed that after one of them negreps me, the other does too for the same post immediately afterwards. Pinky, are you pondering what i'm pondering?

Just what you need a new little friend that thinks on your level. You get neg repped because you say stupid fucking things, like Flair's HOF speech was shit or that he has this huge ego. It's not like I call up HBKforever and tell him to neg rep you, people with intelligence nep rep you cuz your posts stupid.

So Kronik your arguments are so fucking Blue that you had to resort to calling myself and another member homos? That pretty much shows your intelligence. Then again you think Foley was better on the mic, more entertaining, and has wayyyy more class than one of the classiest wrestlers of all time. Again showing your intelligence.

the dark knight

Is anyone else surprised by this?
no. but he actually saved this thread from my cussing.

i love flair..no homo, but i love the guy and i almost cried at the matche's ending and at raw's last moments.

but you guys should stop kissing his ass already. its starting to bug me...seriously.

edit-

yea yea yea class act. ZOMG AWESOME

CenaMark54

Was Flair the greatest of all time? That might be disputable. Arguments can be made for both Hogan and Austin, despite what HHH might want you to believe.

Flair was able to perform at an extremely high level for many years. However, if you take the primes of each of those three guys its hard to argue against Hogan. Sure, Hogan was a roided up freak and a hypocrite but no one was as important and influential to the "sport" of wrestling.

Personally I would rank them Hogan, Flair, Austin.

But its a moot point because we all know Cena will be considered the greatest someday anyway. lol

thug

Reaction score
i cant see where this flair/foley comparison is going...

whoever gets into the hall of fame is down to their own merits, flair has done whatever he has over the years for wrestling as has foley, yes flair has accomplished a hell of a lot more but thats what 35 years in the ring does

just like wrestlers rocky johnson has and high chief peter maivia and whoever else of the past years, if it was down to the fans there would be some right odd balls in there lol

and as for the flair/hbk match personally i think that could of been anywhere on the card and still would have stole the show for simple reason of what it was about and i can put my hand in my pocket and bet that when the WM24 DVD comes out theres a few extra sales this year because of that match alone

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Obvious HHH & HBK are just too damn dumb. Because everyone is all high on Flair right now....why? Because his old ass is retiring. Because he cried. People see an old man cry, after retiring after such a long, dreadful career, and people feel sorry for him, and at that one moment, people say he's one of the best, or thee best....but in actuality, he's not the best, top ten maybe, but not the best. Here's an example of what Mick can do.....in Wrestling, when your in character, you are never called by your real name unless it's a serious storyline, or a documentary type thing. Mick Foley was the only man I know who was called by his real name, while IN CHARACTER! He's wrestling ad Dude Love, yet announcers, fans, call him Mick Foley. Because they respect everything he's done, and because he's a great man. I admitt right here his wrestling skills are actually underrated by a lot. He can do more than a Double Arm DDT. People don't give him enough credit. He retired early because he busted his ass off so much, he couldn't do it regularly no more. And with all these politics in WWE, it's no wonder why Flair is getting all of this attention, and Mick gets a squash match teaming with Horny vs. Coach. wtf? Mick is better than that. Ric gets all of this cause he has friends in high places in WWE.....Mick doesn't get this because he doesn't like HHH, HHH doesn't like him. He doesn't like Flair, Flair doesn't like him. He hates Vince, and I'm pretty sure the son in law is in his ear, so of course Mick won't get the real farewell he deserves.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Mick doesn't get good matches anymore because he sucks ass in the ring now and days. In addition to that he's not willing to take chair shots and shit like that anymore, so what would the point of him being in the match if he isn't going to take sick bumps? That's pretty much what he does. Announcers probably call Mick by his real name because he's had like 50 different persona's and he they're not sure which one he's wreslting under tonight, so they figured it would be safest to call him Mick. TBH, and again I love Foley, but if he was better than Flair he wouldn't need 5 different personalities to get over with the fans, Flair only needed one and that was himself which makes him better, not to mention the other attributes he posses that are better than Foley.