Ric Flair Quits???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Yet again... all you idiots jumping to conclusing going... ZOMG! FLAIRS GOIN 2 TNA!!!

Trust me he's not... AS people said, Wade Keller is the biggest lyer on the internet & IF this happened to ever be true...(I Said IF!!!) why the hell would he take a paycut to go to TNA & start dealing with that bullshit politics backstage. Yes, Flair Vs Sting would be a great way to finish his career but News Flash! it's not gyna happen.

WWE know's that they can get a bit of intrest out of his last feud so there not stupid enough to let him go. Especially in recent hard times with many people getting suspended!

3lions

Reaction score
I don't blame Flair for wanting to quit WWE. He has been used horribly in recent times. After being traded to SD!, he should've been used as a special attraction and maybe even been given a final run as World Champ (or at least laid the seeds for this to happen). Instead, he has been jobbing left, right and centre to MVP/Khali/etc. Then once he recovered from injury, he hasn't even been used.

I am almost certian he won't leave WWE, as both sides can make a killing at Mania/HOF ceremony next year. I have no doubt that Flair will gain a high-profile sotryline becase of this and will go out on a high from WWE next year.

As for TNA, there would be only one reason why he would go there; to have his final match being against Sting. But even that is unlikely.

phantomgerald

If he does quit, I can see him going to go to TNA, just for one final hooray before retiring and proving to the WWE that they are wrong and should have given a better storyline.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
that was not a shock to me imo, look at how flair's career in WWE goes on this year. I think the last I saw Flair having a fued is with Dykstra and now what happens to him? He only got a pre show at WM23, got drafted to Smackdown w/c I really think it's a bad move for him and presently, getting beaten by The Great Khali... Well, I think he better retire and not move to TNA

MikeRaw

Well,if Flair quits he can retire and probably will.However,he wouldnt go to TNA because that would also ruin his chances of being a WWE HOFer.I still think theyll work hings out though...

phantomgerald

Going to Tna wouldn't hurt his chances of being a hall of famer if it was for a short term move. Look at that guy with the microphone(for some reason can't remember his name Jimmy something i think). He went to TNA and WWE made him a hall of famer.

DZNUTS3113

Reaction score
how about ric coming back as a manager of a tag team? brilliant mind RIC FLAIR

This Guy

^Actually, Christian DID basically show up the next day. He had already made a deal with TNA before he even left WWE. He showed up at Genesis about 2 days later.....lol

actually for the record, Christian's contract finished up with the WWE the week before Taboo Tuesday which was on November 1st of that year. Christian agreed to work on a day to day basis all remaining TV including Taboo Tuesday. Genesis was on November 13th that year. So it was a little more then 2 days. However, you are correct in Christian did not have a non compete because his contract actually ended. Angle on the other had asked for a release and had a 30 day non compete which is much shorter then the normal non compete the WWE has people sign when they are released. Usually a min of 90 days is required.

As for Flair, the story has been confirmed by someone other then Keller who I wouldn't piss on even if he was on fire, but I don't look at this as a big coo for TNA. I doubt Flair would go, and more then likely the WWE will manage to find a way to keep him. It could be fun to have Flair become the GM of Raw in Regal's absense just to keep that whole Vince and Coach tension going.

Reaction score
Okay, people are way overreacting to this. I have read this same report from several sites and they all indicate that Flair is still in discussions with WWE, and quite frankly no one knows what is going to happen in the next week or two. Everything is up in the air. Apparently Flair is frusturated with WWE and does not want to stay with the company much longer, but WWE IS talking to him about convincing him to stay. But right now the facts are this.

-Flair is NOT going to TNA yet
-He is NOT out of discussions with WWE

So, we can all chill out, and stop making rediculous theories (not directed to anyone in particular) until we know what's really going on.

vickymania

Reaction score
Flair at TNA!? no way plz..that will not help him anyway..what has TNA got to offer to flair at this stage of his career?? a farewell match??