• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rey/Punk

maty619

Reaction score
At Over The Limit the Rey Mysterio/CM Punk feud will more than likely come to some sort of temporary end. Before this feud kicked in we anticipated it to be the feud of the year, if not very close to that. From CM Punk's amazing promos to Rey Mysterio's great ring work this feud could not got wrong it seemed. I want to know is, has this feud been as great as we all thought it would be? Also, how long do you think they can credibly drag this feud out before it gets stale?

RC Styles

Reaction score
til the summer is enough, but i agree whit you mat, this fued kick ass and i cant wait what they have for us at over the limit.

im rooting for cm punk btw

maty619

Reaction score
Even as a diehard Rey Mysterio fan I want CM Punk to win the match, it would just add so much more to the feud if Rey joined SES than if Punk got his head shaved.

CMS

Reaction score
It has gotten as great and as far as a midcard feud could go. Really, really awesome, and it's nice CM Punk found someone he can work against in a program, because he hasn't had one since Jeff Hardy

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
It has gotten as great and as far as a midcard feud could go. Really, really awesome, and it's nice CM Punk found someone he can work against in a program, because he hasn't had one since Jeff Hardy

That "feud" against Jeff Hardy was like
2008020223140721beating.gif
Considering he will never get to that level of emotion again (the mic work he was doing was jawdropping) It's safe to say Punk jumped the shark verbally.

He'll get boring soon without a entertaining program. I doubt Rey will be his savior, Mysterio seems out of place as a colorful luchador in this dark aura Punk has surrounded himself in.

Jon Honcho

Reaction score
This feud was good with building toward Wrestlemania. In spite of time, they had a great match...the end.

All subsequent verbal exchanges or matches are already redundant and wasting time.

On the side, they did have a great match at Armageddon 2008.

CMS

Reaction score
I partially agree with Colin White. I didn't find his program with Hardy repetitive, altough I do think it couldn't have possibly gone any longer than Summerslam.

He will never get to that level emotion ever again indeed. Maybe if he feus with Rob Van Dam, but never again. Then again Rey has given some new life to the SES gimmick, because I still like Punk's promos on being straightedge, but I have to question what will be next for him under this gimmick, because as of now, some tension with Rey and a program with MVP or Darren Young certainly isn't close to what he was doing last year with Jeff.