Rey Mysterio Suspended

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WMD

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
This is a load of crap.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I never got why guys like him took steroids, not like he's gonna turn into the Incredible Hulk or anything.

Hope he's back on TV soon though, he's one of the best in the company.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I never got why guys like him took steroids, not like he's gonna turn into the Incredible Hulk or anything.

Hope he's back on TV soon though, he's one of the best in the company.

Probably has something to do with him being on borrowed knees.

Steroids are not just for cosmetic purposes, it's supposed to help you recover from injuries.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I guess they were testing him because he was getting close to his comeback.

It is a blow to WWE as his return would boast their star power. I also like how WWE have stepped up their drug taking policy in recent years, they take it very serouis.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
i believe theres videos of cena being tested on his day off so if they test cena they are dam sure testing mysterio.rey cheated and got caught.fuck him.i feel no sorrow for the guy.none.

Do you always post crap?

Honestly though, I wonder what Rey would have done when he got back.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Most likely put over guys, at least that's what he should be doing. He's on the final leg of his career, at least help the future of the business.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
He wouldn't have returned in 2 months regardless, so it's kinda pointless. He won't serve it. It's smart from WWE's perspective, though, you suspend him while he's injured, he doesn't serve the suspension and comes back sooner. Only a benefit a top star would be afforded. Kinda sad he wasn't suspended right as he was coming back, to hold him back even longer, which is the most preferable situation. I have no need of him on my television at all.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I don't either, and as long as WWE has him under contract, they're still going to sell the shit out of his replica gear, which is probably the only reason WWE keeps him around anyways. Most wrestlers who are injured as often as he is don't last. Frankly, I thought he was finished when ADR crushed him and Sin Cara showed up.

Blujay

Reaction score
I've never understood the majority of the IWC having hatred for Rey. The guy has been wrestling at a faster and riskier pace than anyone on the roster past or present his entire career. Injuries happen. Its not like Rey has purposely torn his knees to shit. He's given a lot to the damn fans. Ya know, what the majority of you used to be before you found the internet. FFS guys.

On topic, I'm gonna go with steroids to heal faster as my guess until something is published stating what it was. Rey's been known for pushing it and trying to come back sooner than the doctor's would like. Steroids are sometimes administered to help the recovery process in tears. Hell, my mom had a steroid shot recently because she tore her rotator cuff. Its not farfetched at all. What seems farfetched would be him juicing just to bulk up. At this point in his career it would be pretty pointless. If it was K-2 or whatever Truth got busted for, well Rey, then this is all on you.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Actually, I think since about 2004, Mysterio stopped being as risky with his spots and tried to work more with his opponents and being more of a veteran face that does highflying moves.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I was never too high on Rey but shortly after the whole Dominick angle I stopped caring about anything he did not because of that angle I just remember that being the time frame. You can also never count on him to be back for any decent amount of time so why care.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That was a low point yes and Rey along with everyone else involved should have refused to be a part of it.

AF.

Reaction score
Didn't know so many were Rey haters, lol.

Rey busts his ass in the ring and can put on good-great matches with almost anybody on the roster. Yes, I want him back.

Blujay

Reaction score
Actually, I think since about 2004, Mysterio stopped being as risky with his spots and tried to work more with his opponents and being more of a veteran face that does highflying moves.

Every other move he throws out is a springboard or some kind of rana when you think about it. Those are pretty damn risky. Not to mention when he pulls out the stops in pay-per-view matches. My point is his pace and style have done this to his knees and he continues to be entertaining.

I thought about it, and aside from the Dominic angle, I feel like a lot of people are scorned on Rey Rey in the same way they dislike John Cena. He's been the same character for how long? He's always booked to look weak going into big matches then pulls it out. And if that's the case, its the booking. Not the worker. My gripe is I just don't understand why several of you guys dislike Rey Mysterio so much.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not good from Mysterio to be on the juice again, I am another that thinks it will be steroids. He has a massive frame for a little guy and it has grown so much since his early ECW/WCW days so it wouldn't surrpise me if he was using something extra to bulk up. The guy should drop a fair bit of weight to take pressure off his knees which are always in bad shape.

In a business sense it isn't good for Mysterio since this means that WWE can again drop their contract offer for him when it comes up next. In years past he always wants more but WWE don't think that it is worth it since he is injured a lot. Even before this was announced I thought that Rey had probably a year or two left but this may mean he heads back to Mexico a little bit sooner.

WWE will be desperate for Sin Cara to come back and start selling merchandise again so he can take his spot as the Mysterio replacement.