Rey Mysterio leaving WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Carlos Gasco sent this item. ... Yesterday we did an interview with Hugo Savinovich and he told us that Rey Mysterio is coming to Triple AAA after he solves his contractual problems with WWE. Also he confirmed the appearance of Alberto Del Rio at AAA's Triplemania XXI on Sunday. You can check out the interview by clicking here.

There has been talk for a long time now that Rey Mysterio is not happy in WWE and would like to get out of his contract and return to working in Mexico. He has been out hurt for a long, long time.
PWInsider

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Definitely not a big loss considering he has barely been on television. I will be curious to see how quick Kalisto makes his way to the main roster from NXT with all of these hispanic wrestlers being gone. There's a cultural void that needs to be filled.

Castiel

Reaction score
Maybe not the WWE's biggest loss since he's regularly out but it could be a huge gain for AAA. Even with his multiple injuries every time Rey is back he's usually still killing it. Hopefully he's still got enough for a good run against some fresh competitors in a totally new world.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Fuck it. I used to love rey mysterio but now I have managed to lose interest in him. Idk how working for AAA is any better considering he's always hurt. He's literally been on TV 3 months in the last two years. Every time he comes back from injury he gets injured again. He's also out of shape as fuck. It'd be nice to at least see him come out and give a goodbye speech but I'm pretty sure the universe has forgotten him as well which is disgusting considering he was one of their most beloved stars.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Well AAA probably doesn't have the strict work load WWE has so that will be good for him. Not going to say I will miss him since he practically has been gone already so. Oh well.

road-dogg

Reaction score
Meh, he'd be no loss. Sure he could make an odd appearance here and there for the crowd pop but as a full timer he's had his run and his time is up.

Castiel

Reaction score
Fuck it. I used to love rey mysterio but now I have managed to lose interest in him. Idk how working for AAA is any better considering he's always hurt. He's literally been on TV 3 months in the last two years. Every time he comes back from injury he gets injured again. He's also out of shape as fuck. It'd be nice to at least see him come out and give a goodbye speech but I'm pretty sure the universe has forgotten him as well which is disgusting considering he was one of their most beloved stars.

Lighter work schedule and I hear AAA and the lucha style are a lot easier bumps on the body. It would seem weird for him to leave the WWE without a real goodbye though, I'm sure the people still love him.