Rey Mysterio hoping to be back for the Royal Rumble

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
reysurgery.webp

WWE Hall of Famer Rey Mysterio is hoping to be back in the ring in time for the Royal Rumble.

Mysterio has been out of action since undergoing knee surgery in November. The surgery was for a torn meniscus, and Mysterio was expected to be out of action for 6-8 weeks.

During an appearance on Monday's episode of the Bakers Bantering podcast, Mysterio said he's hoping to return for the Royal Rumble or shortly after that. The Royal Rumble is taking place from Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida on Saturday, January 27.

“I am really working hard on my physical therapy,” Mysterio said. “I just had knee surgery, thanks to Santos Escobar -- and his time will come eventually. And I do hope that I can return for the Rumble, if not shortly after that. But I am working very hard to make my return as soon as possible.”

In storyline, Mysterio's knee injury was blamed on an attack from Escobar. The two were former stablemates in the LWO. Escobar turned against Mysterio on the November 10 episode of SmackDown.

Mysterio had been working hurt for months before having knee surgery.

While appearing on the Christmas Party episode of K100 with Konnan & Disco Inferno last month, Mysterio said he was in week four of his 6-8 week recovery time.

Mysterio was WWE United States Champion before dropping the title to Logan Paul at Crown Jewel in November.