Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JamieLM

Reaction score
WWE Combined

Since the road to Wrestlemania, hasn't it got so much better with all of the brands combining. It reminds me of the old days, such good times, what do you think about it?

Kaedon

Reaction score
Its gotten a little more exciting. But if the brands dont stay seperate it wont be as exciting anymore IMO.

Che_Guevara_Fan

Reaction score
I don't really see the point, hopefully it stops as the brands are supose to stop them from goin on other brands! To much cross-promotion makes no sense at all!

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This is something that needs to be discussed. We all here are true wrestling fans and actually follow the product. Okay, maybe some less than others but we all know these two guys are two different people. However, I'm thinking over time casual fans are going to ask us (or at least I know they will say something stupid to me) about Sin Cara being Rey Mysterio. I'm really going to hate having to explain to people they aren't the same person.

This is a nightmare scenario. I hate talking to people in the first place about wrestling when they barely understand let alone stuff like this. I've had conversations with people who thought Rikishi and Yokozuna were the same damn person. I just damn well know I'm going to have to try to explain to folks that these two people aren't the same. I don't even think a Wrestlemania match between the two would solve it. I've seen a lot of random internet wrestling fans say the match would happen. I've even seen others say it was confirmed. Just tremendous.

Actually it was just yesterday that a friend of mine started talking about Lucha Libre. Of course I just kept the conversation simple trying to explain it was just is the Spanish term for wrestling. I couldn't even understand the points he was trying to make since he was saying Lucha Libre every other word. He didn't know what he was talking about and he couldn't understand what I was saying even. Good thing I didn't go into detail because it would have just gotten worse.

Now I am stuck at a point where I know eventually if Sin Cara stays on the roster long enough I am going to have to put up with someone somewhere about him being Rey Mysterio. I need a loophole out of this situation. It should never occur but in my life it will.

So any ideas how I should react to such questions? Anything and everything is appreciated. Us wrestling fans should stick together in times of crisis like this.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Let me get this straight, you're worrying that people are going to bother you about Rey Mysterio actually being Sin Cara? Tell them to look really, really hard at the two guys and if they look close enough they might just notice that one guy is covered in tattoo's and the other one isn't...

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Have you really never been bothered with stupid questions about wrestling? It comes with the territory.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I've been asked questions from casual fans that we might consider stupid being we're 'i'n the know' but nothing Blue like asking if 2 guys are the same person when it's blatantly obvious they're not.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If you expect people to understand popular TV shows you should expect them to know popular wrestlers.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I just don't get where you're going. Just seems that because they both wear a mask and shiny attire, that people are going to believe they're the same person. Anybody with the smallest of mental capacity could look at them and realise they're not the same person.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
They aren't going to confuse the two. They are going to think they are the same person. It's actual simple thing to understand. If Sin Cara gets to be a bigger name it's going to happen. You should be helping solve this problem before it happens instead of being oblivious.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Or you should just stop hanging around with people who are clearly Blue?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
How to react is to show whoever that person is a picture of both of them to point out the obvious. If someone is dumb enough to think they are the same person because they are both lucha's then there isn't too much you got to say.

Or you should just stop hanging around with people who are clearly Blue?
I should have just said this.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Maybe I should not tell people I'm a wrestling fan? No, that would make me ashamed of being one. I can become a hermit? No, that would be hiding from society and the place I work. You can't just avoid people that don't watch wrestling. They will still continue to ask stupid questions though. Maybe it's different in the UK and I just have to deal with ignorant Americans when it comes to looking down on wrestling.

Also, I did think about the idea of carrying wallet size photos of these two guys, but you know what I'm not going to finish that sentence.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from. People have tried telling me there were more than one Undertaker and there more than one Kane. Someone even told me that Stone Cold and Goldberg were cousins. A lot of us wrestling fans get asked stupid questions, well at least I know I do.