• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
resident-evil-2-remake.jpg

Ray tracing, advanced frame rate support, 4K resolution, and other cutting-edge visuals are coming to Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil 7 in versions for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. The games will launch later in 2022.

Players who have already bought any of the three on PS4 and Xbox One will get an upgrade (within the same console family) for free, Capcom said. The PlayStation 5 versions will make use of the DualSense controller’s advanced haptic feedback. Furthermore, a patch bringing the same upgrades to PC will also be available, free, to owners of that game.

Resident Evil 2, a remake of the 1998 game by the same name, launched on PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and Xbox One in January 2019. Resident Evil 3, likewise a remake of its 1999 namesake, launched on the same platforms in April 2020. Both feature gigantic, unstoppable bad guys (Mr. X in RE2; Nemesis in RE3) who spawned a cottage industry of humorous substitution mods. Presumably, Thomas the Tank Engine and Animal Crossing’s Isabelle will look even more lifelike once the PC patch rolls out.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard, launched in 2017, was the first feature-length release to use Capcom’s RE Engine (as did the two subsequent remakes). It’s also the first Resident Evil game to use a first-person player perspective.

Last year’s Resident Evil Village, the eighth game in a main series spanning 25 years, also used the same engine and camera. All four of the games launched since 2017 have been critical and commercial successes for Capcom, earning strong review scores and reaching Capcom’s in-house “platinum” status for selling more than 1 million copies.
Screenshots:

• Love
Reactions: Alexa and Y2Jayne

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
A RE thread and you didn't even tag me @The Fourth Wall

:sadbecky

I was expecting these upgrades tbh, the games are already gorgeous on PS4 so there isn't a lot to add for the new generation.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
A RE thread and you didn't even tag me @The Fourth Wall

:sadbecky

I was expecting these upgrades tbh, the games are already gorgeous on PS4 so there isn't a lot to add for the new generation.
They're going to look incredible. I love that Jill screenshot especially, the lighting looks really good.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

Nice. I know it's not the most popular of the remakes, but the graphics are beautiful so they'll look so crisp on PS5. Plus I really dig the redesigns of Jill and Carlos. They did well there.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
RE 7 with enhanced graphics going to be too spooky for me

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
RE 7 with enhanced graphics going to be too spooky for me
They really nailed the atmosphere. As much as I like Village, I just got more Resi Evil vibes from 7. Like at times it felt like I was exploring the mansion again.

Just on a smaller scale.

Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
They really nailed the atmosphere. As much as I like Village, I just got more Resi Evil vibes from 7. Like at times it felt like I was exploring the mansion again.

Just on a smaller scale.
Village to me is a perfect mix because the mutated baby monster, had me like "nope. nope. Nope. fuck this I am speedrunning this shit" And the reason for me that RE7 worked so well was because you felt powerless through most of it and the detail and such was un-nerving

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
  • Haha
Reactions: Alexa

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Capcom already revealed that the Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 remakes and Resident Evil 7 would all be coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, but didn’t give any specific release dates. However, it seems as though they’re close to coming out, given how all three have reportedly appeared online.

Twitter user PlayStation Game Size — an account that reveals updates, game sizes, and sometimes actual games before they publicly hit the store — allegedly uncovered data for the PS5 versions of all three rereleases. The account stated that the Resident Evil 2 remake would be 21.8 GB (which is comparable to its size on PS4) before quickly revealing that the Resident Evil 3 remake would clock in at 20.4 GB. It also found Resident Evil 7 and also the Gold Edition, but could not give a file size for either.

Capcom has not confirmed a date, but it’s likely that at least one will be releasing soon. Similarly to how trophies on sites like PSNProfiles and Exophase often foreshadow an imminent drop, titles that can be found by PlayStation Game Size are usually close to release. And not only that, Capcom is holding a showcase on June 13 on announced games, which fits the bill for these three titles. Given the juxtaposition, it’s not out of the question that Capcom could drop at least one of these rereleases during or near its event.

Each upgrade will be free for those who already own the last-gen version of the game in question. The enhanced ports will have ray tracing and a high frame rate option. PC players will also get a free patch with all the extra enhancements and the PS5 version will have haptic feedback and adaptive trigger support. DLC and saves will also transfer to the new versions, too. However, physical discs of the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions are not currently in the plans.

• Love
Reactions: Y2Jayne and Alexa

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Still waiting for these :sadbecky

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Man I have been doing nothing for almost 2 weeks and just when I get a new job and I am literally getting ready to leave, this drops like an RKO...

:pour

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
A bit of a nitpick here : I own a physical copy of RE7 on PS4 but I also have the free digital version from the PlayStation Plus collection [all those games they gave to PS5 owners for free]. Still they want me to put the disc in the console to download and play the free PS5 update, a little annoying.