Report On Why WWE Overhauled Survivor Series Main Event On Monday's Raw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Sanchez

Reaction score
Since when this has turned into a debate about racial slurs? On topic, please.

As for the main event change, it does look better overall, though Foley's name and usage in this tag match is well...useless now. As for the Triple Threat, I definitely see this as an opportunity for Punk to retain by pinning Cena without doing the work.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Why not book a 5-on-5 match that people care about and then it will actually sell. By WWE pulling this switch the week after making the match they are telling the fans that tag team matches mean nothing and that they are secondary. Their own attitude towards the match dictates how the fans feel about the match, if the company doesn't care then why should the fans?

I am happy with the triple threat match for the title as it does make sense but the bait and switch is stupid. Someone at WWE needs to start organising long term programs, have plans that last longer than a week.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
First off all I don't buy the reasons stated for the change, why book the match and then change it less than two weeks later? Surely WWE would have held those views on tag main events at the time they booked the match.

The Bragging Rights argument is so silly as the reason that ppv drew badly was because of how close it was to Survivorseries which of course you think of in terms of the same gimmick match.

There is a question mark over whether the three way is a big draw, you have another match with Punk and Cena in it, which has now been done to death and Ryback is unproven as a headline draw. I think the novity of a ten man elimination main event might have paid off.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
The Survivor Series tag match main event would have helped push Ryback so much more! If they had him as the last guy from his team and all, I bet the fans would get behind him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
First off all I don't buy the reasons stated for the change, why book the match and then change it less than two weeks later? Surely WWE would have held those views on tag main events at the time they booked the match.

The Bragging Rights argument is so silly as the reason that ppv drew badly was because of how close it was to Survivorseries which of course you think of in terms of the same gimmick match.

There is a question mark over whether the three way is a big draw, you have another match with Punk and Cena in it, which has now been done to death and Ryback is unproven as a headline draw. I think the novity of a ten man elimination main event might have paid off.

That is what I don't really get. WWE didn't just suddenly start hating tag team mainevents the week after they booked the match, they would have hated them for a lot longer if true. There must a better reason as to why this match was changed one week after creating it.