Renee Young sought after by ESPN?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
The Wrestling Observer is currently reporting that ESPN are possibly seeking out the services of WWE's top interviewer, Renee Young. She's been praised by fans, officials and talent for her knowledge of the product, her interview style and her general attitude with WWE. It's then to no surprise that ESPN would come calling asking for her services.

The Observer is saying that ESPN wants to attempt to give her a lead anchor role in which she would work with fellow ESPN anchors. Speaking of those anchors, it's also well noted that WWE would like to work again with Jonathon Coachman and Todd Grisham who are both former WWE interviewers/hosts. Potentially, a deal could be set up allowing Grisham and Coachman work on the WWE Network with Young going the other way but that is just speculating.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the near future given ESPN's interests especially since they have not been ruled out of TV negotiation rights for WWE TV yet.

I, personally, would love to see ESPN get the TV rights to air WWE... that way Renee can still be a part of the company and split time with ESPN... I have to say I would miss her tremendously if she left WWE to be exclusive to ESPN, because I think she's the best backstage interviewer since Mean Gene.

What do you guys think?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I like Renee a lot as an interviewer, I wouldn't be happy if she left. Wouldn't lose any sleep over it obviously, but still.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Won't care either way.

Lol @ 'rasslin stuff on ESPN though

Also, Coachman is goat.

Dark Neko

Jobber
Reaction score
I do like her as a interviewer, but I won't miss her all that much, if she does leave.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
I love Renee, I'd definitely be sad if the WWE lost her to ESPN. I wouldn't blame her for going over to them as i'd imagine it would be a better gig for her.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Renee is a hot, talented young interviewer and the ratio of male-to-female interviewers throughout the history of the WWE is pretty one-sided in favor of the men, so it's re-freshening to see a female be "the voice of the WWE" for a change. I'd hate to have to see her go.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I would not like to see her leave. Seeing as she does an excellent job and is all over the place in WWE (see my thread on Renee being the REAL face of WWE #ShamelessPlug). Screw you ESPN!

BrockLesnarFanForLife

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vince better get his cheque book and offer Renee a huge amount of money to stay in WWE as you know ESPN will offer more than what WWE is paying her right now. Renee seems a good presenter and Vince cant possibly risk losing her to ESPN

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
She should go where the money leads her.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
What intrigues me more is the idea @WeWantanAttitudeEra about ESPN and WWE having some kind of carriage deal.

I doubt the deal would be between WWE and ESPN, but between WWE and Disney/ABC (cue the screams of the IWC as they consider the product becoming even more PG by being connected with Disney....ahhhh....but I digress). And I don't think there would be any problem whatsoever. I mean, Raw moves to A&E; Smackdown on the History Channel; a weekly show on ESPN2, the Longhorn Network, or the SEC Network; Total Divas on Lifetime; a couple of Saturday Night's Main Event specials on ESPN or even ABC itself; John Cena and Big E in specials on the Disney Channel...........

wk

Reactions: Swift and JC4Life37

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I would definitely miss her if she went strictly to ESPN. As much as I like her as an interviewer, I enjoy her even more on NXT commentary. Not anything I'd really hate or lose sleep over, but I would be a little bummed if she left.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I would boycott all WWE programming personally

Reactions: Swift