Relly's overlooked, underappreciated, completely fuckin awesome movie thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
Movies are pretty much my passion these days. I literally spend hours upon hours watching films. So...yeah, I figured I'd make a thread about a couple gems I've stumbled across. I'll update this thread regularly, and I HIGHLY recommend any and everything posted here (obviously)

Sidenote - comments are encouraged and welcome, but this thread is specifically for films that are a bit under the radar..

Translation: If you come into this thread talking about how awesome Slumdog Millionaire and Avatar are, I will indeed slap the shit out of you

Mr. Nobody (2009)

ETihc.jpg

Amazing film. Won't even attempt to describe its synopsis. Its like Big Fish meets Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Total mindfuck.

We Need to Talk About Kevin (2011)

N7ucB.jpg

Based on a Novel of the same name. By far the most discomforting film I've ever seen. The pace is a bit slow at points, but it's worth the watch. It'll definitely leave you feeling a bit disturbed, though. It's not a horror film or anything, but yea...like I said, it's an uncomfortable watch.

Cashback (2006)

24JnY.jpg

British film. Also Amazing. Only has a 7.3 on imdb (which is actually pretty high) but don't let that sour you. I'm like 100% certain the score was knocked down by conservative fucks who were offended by all the nudity. Speaking of which...there's a lot of nudity. I mean, a LOT. Full snatch shots and everything. With that said, its not lowbrow. It's pretty artsy, and the nudity is done tastefully.

The Proposition (2005)

jizl3.jpg

Australian western (lol?) starring Guy Pierce. Often compared to 3:10 to Yuma, but far superior in every way imaginable. Enough said...

Following (1998)

mouG7.jpg

Christopher Nolan's (TDK, Memento, Inception, etc.) first film. Pretty short (only 70 minutes) Still, pretty dope.

Sin Nombre (2009)

4Frc3.jpg

One of my favorite films EVER. If you liked City of God, you'll love this... If you haven't seen City of God, kill your fucking self.

...god...

Reaction score
Can you never call yourself "Relly" again? Sounds fucking gay.

Rell

Reaction score
Mat used to call me that. I thought it was cute.

nah?

...god...

Reaction score
LMAO, Mat. Forgot all about him. He sorta reminds me of nation. Remember Mat and Kirsty? The ugliest couple on the face of this earth, I think.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Was Kirsty the fat dude looking thing? Mat used to be alright, then turned into a complete tard lol.

Rell, out of the movies above which do you think is best? I'll download one and if I think its shit you can go fuck yourself ;)

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I vouch for Mr Nobody, that movie is absolutely fantastic and it makes use of such a cool concept and narrative. It was my favorite movie of the year the year it came out. Qwan, what was your favorite err...timeline choice era thing? I really enjoyed the scenes in which Nobody pretty much lost his mind and used the coin-flip technique to decide things.

I really thought there were so many little things that were brilliant, such as the different colors depending on which choices were made, and how the ending made up for all the points leading to a morbid experience. Honestly, it made me think about my life and many particular decisions I made and potential alternate paths that perhaps changed my life, or changed the immediate world around me in ways that nobody can fully predict.

***** movie, imo.

Rell

Reaction score
I vouch for Mr Nobody, that movie is absolutely fantastic and it makes use of such a cool concept and narrative. It was my favorite movie of the year the year it came out. Qwan, what was your favorite err...timeline choice era thing? I really enjoyed the scenes in which Nobody pretty much lost his mind and used the coin-flip technique to decide things.

I really thought there were so many little things that were brilliant, such as the different colors depending on which choices were made, and how the ending made up for all the points leading to a morbid experience. Honestly, it made me think about my life and many particular decisions I made and potential alternate paths that perhaps changed my life, or changed the immediate world around me in ways that nobody can fully predict.

***** movie, imo.

HTK, I love you so much (n/h).. you're literally the first person I've encountered that's seen Mr. Nobody. Agreed with everything you said. Brilliant film. As far as my favorite timeline, its a hard choice. He never really seemed all that fulfilled in any. With that said, my least favorite was the one that involved Sarah Polley. Her character was fuckin unbearable.

@Enzo, fuck you!

@ Sharkboy, fuck you too! My favorite would be Sin Nombre, but I don't know how you feel about reading subtitles. I've seen that movie so many times that I may just be a Mexican.

Edit: I actually like both Avatar and Slumdog Billionaire for the record :eek::

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Rell said:
HTK, I love you so much (n/h).. you're literally the first person I've encountered that's seen Mr. Nobody. Agreed with everything you said. Brilliant film. As far as my favorite timeline, its a hard choice. He never really seemed all that fulfilled in any. With that said, my least favorite was the one that involved Sarah Polley. Her character was fuckin unbearable.

It just has to do with releases and stuff. I thought it was a total Oscar snub to say the least. Was it ever even released in the US? You know how it is. I probably wouldn't have even known it existed had I not been a 30STM fan to begin with. Agreed on Polley, watching her was like watching a Vampiro WCW promo. :smh I thought the pacing you mentioned where he always either ended up miserable or dead dragged down my viewing...until the ending, which was perfectly setup to swerve everyone, and Nobody getting the last laugh of sorts fit in, even with the tone that was set in. It was awesome. Too bad more didn't see it...

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Also, if you like foreign films and wanna really be different and out there, look up M (1931). The entire thing's on youtube, multiple times over. German and English dub, and i'm sure you can dig up a subtitled version online.

It's German, & basically about a serial child killer. It forgoes the played out "lone detective/cop pulling out all the stops to catch the killer, portrayed as a rival" schtick and tells the story from the POV of the town panicking when the cops can't catch him, and once hysteria ensues, the mob starts a manhunt of their own to catch the guy. It delivers, including an excellent and emotional final scene, which kind of makes you swerve yourself in a way, questioning seeing the turn of events in a strange and different light. It totally holds up, even as being one of the first sound films, and the acting's quite good. Definitely helps the story, and even that is told in a great way. It's worth a watch imo.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
@ Sharkboy, fuck you too! My favorite would be Sin Nombre, but I don't know how you feel about reading subtitles. I've seen that movie so many times that I may just be a Mexican.

Subtitles suck but I might check it out, you better pray I enjoy it! Lol well that explains why you were in love with Y2Jasmine :eek:

Rell

Reaction score
anyone seen This is England?

bgY5V.jpg

classic.