Reigns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
First off, I never said I can I do it better. I merely stated why don't they directly consult some hardcore wrestling fans to see if they can get some good ideas or a different perspective. This convo has now spiraled in different directions.

Secondly, raw is so inconsistent and bad that I hear people say all the time "go watch Lucha underground or ROH." Pretty much every member in this forum has said, at some point, "WWE is shit and fuck them." Yet, when someone like myself makes a suggestion about to aid their product, everyone is on board with WWE and talks about how they produce good matches, and discuss how hard it is to run a wrestling company....

Lastly, all I was saying is that some different opinions from various fans may help their product, not hurt it. WWE makes a shit load of money and still successful under the realm of Vince, but that doesn't mean it's the end all be all... He's proven to be wrong so many fucking times... It's crazy. And, in the words of CM Punk, "this company will keep making money in spite of itself....Vince is a millionaire who should be a billionaire."

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I'm a peacock

giphy.gif

Reactions: Rogue

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
inb4 Lockard's dumbass drops 3 paragraph's telling us how he'd be a better booker than Vince.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
A main reason why WhatCulture is trash. 90% of their content is fantasy and facts everyone already knew, whatnerds more like.

Reactions: seabs

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
The guys does well in merchandise sales, not as good as cena, but he does good. How are his areana ticket sales when he main events? How about make a wish?

My point more or less is that they want Roman as the next cena in terms of sales and the overall dominating face. The fact that he's not beating cena or coming close, only proves that he's not their guy and they're forcing him.

Cena exploded as number 1 and did it for years whether he was booed or not. I know WWE would prefer that Roman not get booed and still sell, but that's not the case. Roman is selling well for the position he's in, but much like DB was with his sales, Roman is just behind. WWE doesn't want that. Their top face should be number 1 and they're not producing it; again, because the forced and cena is a rare odditity.

CM Punk is the only guy I think who actually beat cenas sales for a while.
By the time Cena was crowned, there was no competition. There were no legends to dethrone so of course Cena broke the bank with merchandise. Who was going to compete with him in 2005? Reigns is directly competing with, quite possibly, the greatest merchandise seller in the history of the business. He may never surpass what Cena does with such little experience, especially if they insist upon booking them as mirror images as opposed to separate entities

For some perspective, it was easier for LeBron to take Jordan's spot in the league than it was for Kobe. Why? Because a young Kobe could not compete with Jordan in his prime. However, LeBron came in when Jordan had clearly unseated himself.
Again, Reigns is competing with a merchandise machine.

On the other hand Steph Curry is replacing LeBron in his prime because he brings something completely different and fans dig it. Why not allow Reigns to be different before forcing him to turn heel?

Edit: I'm not referencing Cena as Jordan, just servicing a framework for the uphill battle most seem to have thrust upon Reigns.

Last edited:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
A main reason why WhatCulture is trash. 90% of their content is fantasy and facts everyone already knew, whatnerds more like.
Yeah I remember watching one of their videos about Vince's illegitimate son, the idea was good on paper (Punk being the son, refuses Vince's help to win a world title, get's forced to run a gauntlet, wins the gauntlet, turns heel and then for some reason he separates from the boss but doesn't turn face because HHH is involved as a heel also.) You end up with Punk not being aligned with Vince although he's they're both heels and Vince got him the belt and could theoretically make him champ until the end of time because HHH has aligned with Vince as a heel.

I'm trying to remember it from a video I watched a while ago but yeah it was pretty fucky.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
First off, I never said I can I do it better. I merely stated why don't they directly consult some hardcore wrestling fans to see if they can get some good ideas or a different perspective.
Because you never go to your hardcore fans for opinions. Hardcore fans take whatever they are interested in too seriously. Even more so than the people producing it. Especially hardcore wrestling fans.

Focus groups almost always consist of everyman/casual fans of whatever they are supposed to be part of, because that's the fans the content producers want to appeal to. Hardcore fans don't care about what pulls in the average Bob and Joe, they care about what they themselves like and since they take it too seriously they tend to go on tirades.

For WWE it is more important to have a few small opinions from Bubba down the road than a 30 page essay from Billy who owns every WWE even ever on DVD. Because Billy is still going to keep watching

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
By the time Cena was crowned, there was no competition. There were no legends to dethrone so of course Cena broke the bank with merchandise. Who was going to compete with him in 2005? Reigns is directly competing with, quite possibly, the greatest merchandise seller in the history of the business. He may never surpass what Cena does with such little experience, especially if they insist upon booking them as mirror images as opposed to separate entities

For some perspective, it was easier for LeBron to take Jordan's spot in the league than it was for Kobe. Why? Because a young Kobe could not compete with Jordan in his prime. However, LeBron came in when Jordan had clearly unseated himself.
Again, Reigns is competing with a merchandise machine.

On the other hand Steph Curry is replacing LeBron in his prime because he brings something completely different and fans dig it. Why not allow Reigns to be different before forcing him to turn heel?

Edit: I'm not referencing Cena as Jordan, just servicing a framework for the uphill battle most seem to have thrust upon Reigns.
That's true. But cena has held onto it to for years. Sure, he built up his resume and "popularity" but he's still the biggest star on the roster and has maintained that for 12 years. I get maybe being able to do that for a few years or so, but he's faced legends, icons, upcoming, new coming, etc., and he's still beats them in sales and everything. The only guy who truly came close to beat him was cm punk to my knowledge.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Because you never go to your hardcore fans for opinions. Hardcore fans take whatever they are interested in too seriously. Even more so than the people producing it. Especially hardcore wrestling fans.

Focus groups almost always consist of everyman/casual fans of whatever they are supposed to be part of, because that's the fans the content producers want to appeal to. Hardcore fans don't care about what pulls in the average Bob and Joe, they care about what they themselves like and since they take it too seriously they tend to go on tirades.

For WWE it is more important to have a few small opinions from Bubba down the road than a 30 page essay from Billy who owns every WWE even ever on DVD. Because Billy is still going to keep watching
Regardless, having and extra perspective will help not hurt. Even if it helps for just 10 mins of the show or some storyline, it can't hurt. And if it continually did hurt and they show proof of that, then I'll agree with you.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Any reaction is better than a crowd sat in deathly silence.