Regarding this whole US title thing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So it was kind of weird how KO had the title back for a bit then lost it right back to AJ, well that is because the botched finish a Battleground was the WRONG PERSON WON. Apparently these guys are saying AJ was all pissed because the ref fucked up. I guessing somehow the referee thought KO's shoulder's were down and not AJ's? Beats me.

I don't know how wrestletalk is with accuracy on this stuff but LOL.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think that Kevin Owens losing the title was the plan to get him involved in a storyline with Shane McMahon. It's rumored they will have a match at Summerslam, which I think has potential to be awesome. Shane was the one who put KO in a triple threat, so KO has the reason to feel he was screwed and start a feud with Shane O Mac

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I think that Kevin Owens losing the title was the plan to get him involved in a storyline with Shane McMahon. It's rumored they will have a match at Summerslam, which I think has potential to be awesome. Shane was the one who put KO in a triple threat, so KO has the reason to feel he was screwed and start a feud with Shane O Mac
That is the rumor going round...and frankly I hate the idea...but...
the WWE will do whatever they want and none of us can change
that.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
That is the rumor going round...and frankly I hate the idea...but...
the WWE will do whatever they want and none of us can change
that.

I mean I hated the idea of Shane McMahon vs AJ Styles at Wrestlemania but then it ended up being the best match on the show so I have a positive outlook on this feud

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
mean I hated the idea of Shane McMahon vs AJ Styles at Wrestlemania but then it ended up being the best match on the show so I have a positive outlook on this feud
That's a fair call...but I personally would rather see some of the
younger "wrestlers" get match time on the SummerSlam card.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I find it amusing how every now and then when something happens that seems unusual, people automatically assume it's a mess up of some sort... ie Brock Lesnar beating Undertaker's streak. But people seem to also forget that although a mess up can happen, the referees and wrestlers can find ways to keep the actual outcome happening. They'll find a way to get the ending they want... like when Owen Hart injured Steve Austin... if wrestling was real and that had happened, Owen would have gotten the victory. But since he wasn't supposed to win, they concocted the argument with the ref and Austin won with the worst roll up pin in the history of wrestling. Or think about Undertaker and Mankind's famous Hell in a Cell match... Foley wasn't supposed to go through the cage. So they improvised by sending Terry Funk and others into the ring to stall and make sure the match could go on.

If KO was not supposed to win the US title, he wouldn't have. The referee would have come up with something. Or someone would have come out after the match and reversed it or something. But people want to think that these mistakes happen more often and have to make a story where one doesn't exist.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
This storyline with the US title reminds me of that time where a rivalry was changing a WWE title almost montly or bi-montly. I feel like this is going to set up a rivalry between Kevin and AJ styles down the road. But yes, it was also an easy way to bring Chris into the picture...

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Eh, I don't know. To me, it seemed like KO was supposed to win at Battleground, but the ending did feel a bit off, though.

Also, the title changing hands two days later on SmackDown was the right call, even though I'm not a fan of them playing hot potatoes with it to begin with.

But despite all that, it's nice that they rekindled Y2J/KO feud and set up a Shane-O Mac/KO feud down the road.

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Nah the finish was planned, they are just playing flip flop with the belt, because the length of a title run doesn't mean shit, since Vince thinks that we forget everything that happens on his show within a week. It's all about the numbers and records. But looking past that, what I don't understand is how in the hell do you screw up a feud between Kevin Owens and AJ Styles. Well good job WWE, your fuckups never seize to amaze.