Redbox shutting down Instant Stream Service

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Redbox, the company most known for their Video rental kiosks not too long ago had started an instant streaming service.. the service was essentially failure and barely used.. they calculated that they were not making as much money on it than they thought they would've.. I read a little bit on it and some of the reports were saying that some months they were spending more money than they actually made on the service.. totally not surprised it's shutting down.. The service will be deactivated on October 7th, 2014.

Don't fret though Redbox Kiosk users; they will still be there for your rental needs.. the Kiosks are the base of that company and even with all the promotions they still make a solid amount of money on it per month.

955c5134373d6566756ed1a0c8a0eb14.jpg

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
They have a streaming service? lol. Put xbox one in the damn kiosks.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
They have a streaming service? lol. Put xbox one in the damn kiosks.
Yeah I'm kinda pissed they haven't invested their money in the current generation consoles instead of the streaming service.. would make them a bit more money.. I know I'm definitely interested in doing that.. I really wanna play Dead Rising 3 again but I don't wanna re-buy it after trading it straight up for the new NHL game.