"red hot" Jeff Hardy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Do you think Jeff Hardy will be the same after the Royal Rumble? Will his monster push be wasted? Its clear he can be a legit main eventer, but according to my 8ball, Jeff Hardy doesnt have a chance at the Royal Rumble, unless Orton does sometime dumb backstage.

My question is, Should Jeff Hardy win the belt, just to keep his momentum going?
I havent seen the wwe sucessfully push a main event star like Hardy since John Cena, so to me, if he loses, that could hurt him in the long run. Just my take on the situation.

SuckIt

Reaction score
I think he'll lose but I reckon Orton will cheat or something. Wouldn't be surprised if they were involved in a match at No Way Out either.

The Rated R CMStar

Well, apparently WWE wants to keep him main eventing, as he is involved in the Main event matchup of NWO according to spoilers. Probably Orton will win with a roll-up or something like that.

J

I think what would really be awesome...Is to have Triple H pull the suprise turn heel...Have him come out to the ring at rumble...and act like he's still all cool with Jeff and stuff...Gets involved and smashes Jeff...Gets Orton over as heel...Orton retains...and the crowd goes nutz...^_^...

The A-man

Reaction score
Do you think Jeff Hardy will be the same after the Royal Rumble? Will his monster push be wasted? Its clear he can be a legit main eventer, but according to my 8ball, Jeff Hardy doesnt have a chance at the Royal Rumble, unless Orton does sometime dumb backstage.

My question is, Should Jeff Hardy win the belt, just to keep his momentum going?
I havent seen the wwe sucessfully push a main event star like Hardy since John Cena, so to me, if he loses, that could hurt him in the long run. Just my take on the situation.

Jeff "Hurr, Hurr, Hurr" Hardy has proven that he can main event once or twice when given the chance, no doubt about that. Honestly, I don't think him winning the title would be necessary to retain his "momenemum" (black people's way of saying "momentum"). The guy already has the fans behind, especially seeing how impressive he's been for these past few months.

Besides, unfourtunetly, I do see Randy defending the title at the Rumble....

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Hardy is great in the Main Event. Orton will retain the WWE title, how I dont know. I think Hardy could drop the IC title and start a Orton vs Hardy vs HHH feud leading up to Wrestlemania. But knowing WWE, this wont happen.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Judging by this forum alot of people like Hady and I know why but I see Hardy winning by DQ, they could also add the stipulation that if Hardy loses he drops the belt or something along those lines.

The Rated R CMStar

Jeff Hardy main eventing: Nice

Jeff Hardy winning the belt just months before WM: Hell no

beserker300

Reaction score
Theres no way Jeff Hardy is winning the WWE title just before Mania as theres no way that he'll be main eventing Mania. Also I suspect Orton will get a clean win here as he has not had a clean win on PPV since his title reign started.

Jeff Hardy should win the MITB and win the title sometime this year, possibly at Summerslam, now that would be awesome. It depends on how he performs at the Rumble as I think that Kennedy's effort last year got him to win the MITB and Benoit's effort in 2003 was a big factor in him main eventing Wrestlemania XX. They're seeing how he goes in the main event and if he does well, then dont be surprised to see him in more main events this year

ice_edged

Reaction score
Theres no way Jeff Hardy is winning the WWE title just before Mania as theres no way that he'll be main eventing Mania. Also I suspect Orton will get a clean win here as he has not had a clean win on PPV since his title reign started.

Jeff Hardy should win the MITB and win the title sometime this year, possibly at Summerslam, now that would be awesome. It depends on how he performs at the Rumble as I think that Kennedy's effort last year got him to win the MITB and Benoit's effort in 2003 was a big factor in him main eventing Wrestlemania XX. They're seeing how he goes in the main event and if he does well, then dont be surprised to see him in more main events this year

he did got a clean win against hbk

the dark knight

can you explain WHY cant you see it happening? if its the same with vince and the ecw title last year, then i could place a bet right now on jeff. but wait! i already did...well, kinda.

like you said, it would really hurt him if he got pinned or came out of the rumble, heading towards no way out with nothing but his old IC title. and we certainly cant have ANOTHER dq/countout finish again...

and we cant forget about orton either, if he keeps losing and getting embarrassed like this he'd lose credibility too

my guess (and hope) is that matt, or anyone who's gonna start a feud with orton (perhaps cena) interfere in the match and cost orton the title. this way neither lose any heat and everyone goes home happy...then we can have the elimination chamber match with jeff losing, being all "hurt", loses the number one contender match on the next raw then have his WM feud/match.

"momenemum" (black people's way of saying "momentum")
lmao

Hell no he is midcard talent.
we cant have HHH, HBK and taker in the main event forever.

MJ807

Reaction score
I'm tired of everyone thinking that HHH is going to be involved some where have you noticed he hasn't been involved with Hardy or Orton since NYR. All I see are HHH getting the title storylines maybe he wants to move into a HBK role pushing younger talents I doubt he wins the rumble but thats what everyone thinks is going to happen. I think Vince and WWE creative are now tryng to please the internet fans with less predictable storylines and it wouldn't surprise me if Hardy won the title.

ice_edged

Reaction score
can you explain WHY cant you see it happening? if its the same with vince and the ecw title last year, then i could place a bet right now on jeff. but wait! i already did...well, kinda.

like you said, it would really hurt him if he got pinned or came out of the rumble, heading towards no way out with nothing but his old IC title. and we certainly cant have ANOTHER dq/countout finish again...

and we cant forget about orton either, if he keeps losing and getting embarrassed like this he'd lose credibility too

my guess (and hope) is that matt, or anyone who's gonna start a feud with orton (perhaps cena) interfere in the match and cost orton the title. this way neither lose any heat and everyone goes home happy...then we can have the elimination chamber match with jeff losing, being all "hurt", loses the number one contender match on the next raw then have his WM feud/match.

lmao

we cant have HHH, HBK and taker in the main event forever.

its to early for cena... he wont be in action at least untill blacklash or so

Enigma22

Reaction score
i highly doubt he will win the title but i think withen the next year he should and probably will... he will probably keep his momentum by getting screwed out of the title somehow... i havent figured out how tho lol... he might just screw himself over with an extremely high risk move...