Reason why Roman Reigns wasn't hired in 2006

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
On Jim Ross' podcast he speaks on why Roman didn't get signed in 06.

To me from what I heard It sounds like he wanted to be in the NFL for a while and once that was over then he would go on to live the family tradition.

Here is the vid

what are your thoughs and how would his career would've been if he debuted in 06

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Hard to say. Drew McIntyre looked like a teenager when he debuted in 2008 and it took him many years to be a main event guy. So maybe it would of been the same for Roman. He looks like a action star in 2021, I dont think he had that look in 2006 in a scene where you had the likes of Cena, Triple H and Batista.

He wouldn't of had the shield gimmick which was a fantastic foot in the door for all 3 guys. WWE made 3 guaranteed main avengers with the gimmick. Would he have got that in 06? Probably not.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Hard to say. Drew McIntyre looked like a teenager when he debuted in 2008 and it took him many years to be a main event guy. So maybe it would of been the same for Roman. He looks like a action star in 2021, I dont think he had that look in 2006 in a scene where you had the likes of Cena, Triple H and Batista.

He wouldn't of had the shield gimmick which was a fantastic foot in the door for all 3 guys. WWE made 3 guaranteed main avengers with the gimmick. Would he have got that in 06? Probably not.
Nah I doubt he would've gotten the Shield Hound of Justice gimmick.

And I doubt he would have gotten as pushed as much as he is now.

He probably would've been another Benjamin, Carlito, Umaga, or Masters

They are the ones who are worthy but outshined by the ones who not worthy, overrated, etc.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
This might not even make sense timeline wise, but imagine if they put him in Legacy instead of that fat bum who carried Orton's weed through airports and was kicked out in like 3 weeks.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Why is this a spoiler?

This might not even make sense timeline wise, but imagine if they put him in Legacy instead of that fat bum who carried Orton's weed through airports and was kicked out in like 3 weeks.
Manu. Him and Sim Snuka were apart of the group in the early days because they figured to put every heel multi-generational wrestler with nothing to do in the group. Turned out that being some fat dude that had done nothing on TV for 2 years, and being apart of some gimmick team for 1 year doesn't cut it when you're supposed to be a group of legendary spawn.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

I actually agree with you!!!