Reading Rainbow making a Return?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
LeVar Burton has announced that he is officially trying to bring back the TV program 'Reading Rainbow' via Kickstarter program. His target is $1 million dollars and with only a short time gone out of his deadline he is already like 50% into it.

6a835208d882e34070a9faf27524d88f.gif

Reading Rainbow is a program that basically took one book and reviewed it while essentially making a short documentary about the main topic of the book. For example the most memorable episode IMO was the one about like Vietnam War or something with the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall with a kid who tried to find his grandpa's name on the wall so he could etch it onto a piece of paper.

Personally when I was a kid I loved this show and I really do think it had an impact on my then-developing mindset when it came to reading books. I felt the show was pretty entertaining all the way up until like 5th grade to be honest. I think it's a good idea to bring it back for a bit and see if it will help our kids of the future at least in the US who don't seem to have the best statistics around the world when it comes to literacy rates. Granted it won't make that much of an impact but if produced almost identical to the previous run of the shows it could very well help out in its own fashion.

Theme Song for Old Times Sake.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
$1 million Kickstarted in 1 day lol, people know what's up. No but not sure how that happened when it took Blue Mountain State 27 days to hit their $1.5 million mark but whatever.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Butterfly in the sky.. I can fly twice as high.. take a look.. it's in a book.. a Reading Rainbow!

This was a major part of my childhood... loved it!
Oh yeah, we watched an episode like every other week in 3rd and 4th grade, we anticipated that shit so hard. Funny how things change in a matter of just a few short years :p.

Reactions: Just Kevin