Raw's next top babyface should be Kevin Owens

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Raw's top babyface of 2020 has been Rollins. Monday Night Rollins has been firmly cemented as the face of Raw. But let's face it, hes time as a babyface is numbered. The guy sucks.

I believe KO should be cemented as the top babyface on Raw battling for the WWE championship.

Owen's is an extremely affable guy (even as a heel). He is, in many ways, the current day voice of the voiceless. Expressing hes frustrations with the current product and calling out the company he works for when hes she's injustice. Extremely likeable guy.

Rollins on the other hand....not so much. He is the complete opposite in the eyes of the fans. A complete jobsworth company man who is out of touch of what is popular in wrestling.

Turn Rollins heel and have these two go at it. It only makes sense. Storyline writes itself. What if Owen's performs the best at survivor series and becomes the big fan favourite on the show? Could be great motivation for Seth to turn heel.

Additionally I think Owen's vs Lesnar could be a really great matchup. Imagine a Owen's vs Brock match in a hardcore stipulations. Could be match of the year.

I'm super behind the idea of Owen's being pushed as the top face.

Opinions? Do you think someone else should be the top babyface on Raw?

Reactions: Snowman1

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Probably the first time i 100% agree with you LOL, cheers!

Owens is fantastic but tripped over some bad booking with the shane mcmahon crap, Owens can be a great babyface, assuming the writers and vince dont screw it up...again.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I mostly agree with you... actually I totally agree with the reasoning. KO as a top face has all the promise in the world!

But midcard KO getting Cesaro heat for "being too good for his spot JUST PUSH HIM TO THE MOON ALREADY VINCE" >>> him getting the same Cena/Reigns character as top face

PaulDB

Reaction score
No, let's not envision KO as a baby-face! That wouldn't do at all. His best destiny is a heel. Kevin's always accomplished the most as a bad guy. I can't imagine him as a fan fav. He'd be a totally different person and not nearly as good as a villain.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
No, let's not envision KO as a baby-face! That wouldn't do at all. His best destiny is a heel. Kevin's always accomplished the most as a bad guy. I can't imagine him as a fan fav. He'd be a totally different person and not nearly as good as a villain.
I can imagine him as a fan favourite because he is very affable and has a rebellious spirit. If they had crowd I would think he would have the biggest baby face reaction.

PaulDB

Reaction score
I can imagine him as a fan favourite because he is very affable and has a rebellious spirit. If they had crowd I would think he would have the biggest baby face reaction.
Well, his feuds with John Cena and Shane O Mac, to name a few, tell a different story. The guy who stood against the good people was the character that made KO the man he is. I say he belongs in the same league as Ted Dibiase and IRS, in the sense that he must always be a heel, cos it's the most credible outlet for him.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Well, his feuds with John Cena and Shane O Mac, to name a few, tell a different story. The guy who stood against the good people was the character that made KO the man he is. I say he belongs in the same league as Ted Dibiase and IRS, in the sense that he must always be a heel, cos it's the most credible outlet for him.
Yes he is definitely a great heel. But this baby face turn and run makes sense and has been successful. He plays a good babayface. I wouldn't be that opposed to you to say he is better as a heel though

PaulDB

Reaction score
Yes he is definitely a great heel. But this baby face turn and run makes sense and has been successful. He plays a good babayface. I wouldn't be that opposed to you to say he is better as a heel though
I hope there's no provocation for this turn. I mean, Lex Luger became the all American hero because Hulk Hogan was on his way out and Razor Ramon turned fan favourite cos a lot of people were leaving too.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I hope there's no provocation for this turn. I mean, Lex Luger became the all American hero because Hulk Hogan was on his way out and Razor Ramon turned fan favourite cos a lot of people were leaving too.
I'm not too sure. WWE have a billion wrestlers signed so I doubt they were in dire straits. It felt like a natural character progression to turn Kev face. The man lost and lost. Got bullied by Strowman and then had a double turn in a match against Lashley. He got injured and then returned as a face.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'm not too sure. WWE have a billion wrestlers signed so I doubt they were in dire straits. It felt like a natural character progression to turn Kev face. The man lost and lost. Got bullied by Strowman and then had a double turn in a match against Lashley. He got injured and then returned as a face.
WWE has a billion people signed but only used about 20 of them, and 15 of them will never get to sniff the champion's jock strap. The fact that WWE so regularly struggles to produce fresh or at least compelling main event feuds without running through a cycle of 2-3 guys is telling that they're just grasping at whoever has some name value and can work.

Reactions: PaulDB