Raw Raw WWE RAW 24th February 2013 - LIVE Discussion: He's Back, BROTHER.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ants

Reaction score
So we pretty much have confirmed:

Batista v Randy Orton
John Cena v Bray Wyatt
Brock Lesnar v Undertaker
Daniel Bryan v Triple H

3 of the 4 of those I reckon will be awesome. And I like Batista and Orton so I'm not complaining like 95% of the wrestling community are (I do agree that Batista shouldn't have won the Royal Runble, he should have been built up more).

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with the Shield in the next few weeks against the Wyatt's. Obviously there's still unfinished business between the two teams and unfinished business between the shield themselves. Luke Harper has been hugely impressive for me, plays his role brilliantly and looks really athletic for a big bloke.

Also looking forward to seeing what cesaro is built towards for Wrestlemania. Judging from tonight I'm tipping a triple threat match for the IC Title with Big E v swagger v cesaro with all three looking great in the ring lately.

Throw in the up and coming Usos who will win the titles in the next few weeks or at Wrestlemania and our Aussie girl Emma, I'm
Enjoying WWE at the moment.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Can't throw your crowd out cause they do chants that don't fit lol. Trying to Censor the crowd would be one of the worst things they could do.
Sure as shit would make the next batch of dumbfucks think twice about trying to get themselves over. Worked for derogatory signs of the Attitude Era.

Wrestling is entertainment, and just like comedy shows, concerts and plays, if some people are there to just heckle and take eyes off the show, they throwe them the fuck out.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Signs and what you can and cannot say are two different things it won't work. What happens if 2000 people chant something they don't want them to? Think they're really going to kick 2000 people out? I agree with their being some pretty dumb instances of the crowd being stupid but think you're really overacting to it a little much. Christian/Sheamus was a good match and it didn't get ruined, Bray/Reigns was bound to be around average regardless because of the 2 groups they are the weakest of their respective crews in terms of working solo matches.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You don't have to kick out 2000 people, you kick out the guys in the first five rows who start the chants most of the time it's the handful of people on the hard camera who can see themselves on the tron that start that shit. Treat them like the guys who throw shit, or the guys who used shine lasers into wrestlers eyes, toss them.

Treat them like spoiled children in a classroom, teacher lets the class roll all over them, nothing is learned. You toss an unruly kid out of class, damn sure gonna have a class on their toes and not acting like idiots...and they learn something and you can do your job.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I can see both sides of the coin really and wouldn't really be against what Deezy is suggesting, however I just think that policing this issue would be super hard to enforce and be consistant with at the same time.

BB

Reaction score
For the first time in God knows how long I actually watched the whole of RAW. As a huge Hulk Hogan mark the best part of the show was his opening segment followed by Undertaker and Brock Lesnar's tense 'contract signing' at the end of the show. I don't know what it is about Hogan but the fans still love him. I was sitting with a goofy smile on my face when his theme started playing, I felt like a little kid again. The whole show was actually very good this week.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I'm a bit conflicted here. With Triple H and Daniel Bryan being my two favourite wrestlers I really should be looking forward to this match, but I just can't. On a later date, absolutely. WrestleMania though? No way.

This was supposed to be about Bryan winning the title at WrestleMania. You simply cannot go through 6 months of such an underdog story and then end up not doing anything with it. What's the point otherwise? Bryan beating Triple H won't make it a successful story.

I'm honestly kind of worn out at this stage. 6 months of slow burn and it's led to absolutely nothing.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bryan not being in the main event at Mania could prolong it and ultimately have his moment at Extreme Rules. He could face Triple H at Mania with a guaranteed title shot, with no Authority interference in a cage or something on the line, to face uber heel Batista and thumping the guy who took his Mania moment. That will give Bryan all the focus to Summerslam against Authority heels Orton/Batista/Sheamus perhaps?, until he gets a big name at Summerslam.....Brock/Cena rematch maybe? So on and so forth.

But I guess if it's not now it isn't good enough because we can't wait.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Having his moment at Extreme Rules compared to the biggest show of the year is a world of difference obviously and no where near the same thing for a payoff for a long storyline. Doesn't help that the main event at mania has a chance to be garbage as it stands now so doesn't really have nothing to do with not being able to wait but if you're going to do a long burn triumph storyline you have to do it right.

Reactions: Heisenberg

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
You don't start a storyline like that way back at SummerSlam for it to reach its conclusion AFTER WrestleMania. Whether WWE intended it or not, this storyline has had 'Daniel Bryan main eventing WrestleMania' written all over it. You couldn't honestly expect fans to think anything other than that with the way they booked the whole thing.

Giving him his time to shine after the biggest show over the year is almost a cop-out. And as PHX said, it really doesn't help that the main event for Mania is complete trash. Whatever about drawing power, I almost know for fact that the match itself is going to be awful.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
If Batista vs. Orton does main event Mania, and go on last, its going to be hilarious watching everyone leave early to get a jump on traffic.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Rock never had his Mania moment until Cena. He was the big storyline against the McMahon/Helmsley regime and he got screwed at Mania and won it at Backlash. Are we all forgetting this? I think it's better for Bryan Togo even further with the Authority this year in the Austin title role and look like the one who fucked their plans forBatista right up until Summerslam and see wherever they go from there.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If Batista vs. Orton does main event Mania, and go on last, its going to be hilarious watching everyone leave early to get a jump on traffic.
But the people paid so the joke would be on them.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
To be fair the Authority storyline is going to end up progressing past Wrestlemania anyways. If Bryan does somehow win the title at Wrestlemania, it pretty much makes the Authority's attempts to bring down Bryan obsolete, seeing that Bryan already has accomplish his goal to win it at the big stage.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Batista/Orton is already penciled in, caving in would be bad at this point. I'm just thinking of the way to salvage all this without shoehorning Bryan into this, because it would look like the company panicking. Which would be terrible for their long term booking plans and bring us back to the minute by minute booking that made 07 a shit year.