Raw Raw WWE RAW 24th February 2013 - LIVE Discussion: He's Back, BROTHER.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
And Bryan has won the title, only for trips to fuck him again. Bryan's main evented ppvs to be fucked. He wasn't put in the rumble because trips fucked him. He can't even wrestle HHH because trips won't allow it while laughing in his face to fuck with him. It's always been about Hunter from the second he made himself ref of the match and decided to screw him. The title is secondary, the fact people harp on Bryan winnig the damn thing for a fourth time is stupid. They should want him to kick Hunters fucking head in
Yes but despite winning the title he always got it taken right back away from him not really getting to be champion because he doesn't want him as champion because he doesn't think him being champ is best for business. Who keeps being billed as face of the company? Orton and what is Orton? The world champion and Triple H doesn't want Bryan as world champion because he doesn't want him to be the face of the company. Don't see what is so hard to understand about that besides the fact that you obviously want Batista to be world champion which is fine but at least be objective and not try and convince yourself that this long ass storyline hasn't been about Bryan finally becoming face of the company that the authority doesn't want. Beating the fuck out of Triple H isn't going to make that happen. That is a path to the payoff but not the payoff itself.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's not the storyline stretching past Mania that's the problem, it's the fact that they're doing the screwing him angle month after month with the end of goal of winning the title nowhere in sight. Bryan winning the title doesn't make the Authority's attempts to bring him down obsolete, it just intensifies them even more and they'll stop at nothing to removing him as the face of the WWE. This time, instead of Bryan being screwed in the big important matches, the roles are reversed and he overcomes the odds.

Do you honestly think though that waiting just that extra month will make things better / more special than them just biting the bullet and having him winning the title at the dirty 30 all the while getting that WrestleMania moment that all the superstars seem to talk about?

Also, I don't think the not being able to wait part isn't true. I know for me at least and i'm pretty sure the majority on here believed that prior to Batista's return he was winning the title at Mania so were fine in waiting in that long. To me it just feels like the Ryback situation they had when he was facing Punk for the title where he probably should have gotten the title but because they'd already made promises elsewhere to Punk/Rock/Cena they had to keep it away from him and ultimately he hasn't been the same since. You figure in that when Batista gets the title he will presumably hold it for a good 3/4 months and possibly drop it at SummerSlam (Just a guess, know idea what his schedule is) so how do they go about keeping the fans interested in Bryan again as they continue to screw him out of yet more title matches?
Comparing Bryan to Ryback? Not much faith in the underdog?

Extreme Rules would be Bryan's ppv. While Mania is cluttered, want him as a focal point? Beat the boss at the big show, get the belt at a PPV without Brock and Taker and you have the guy who will carry the company all year if possible. Why bury him in a card where he is lost in the shuffle? Think a title match gets more over than a Taker match? Not fucking likely.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I've ultimate faith in Bryan that he will still be as awesome as ever whether he wins the title next month or next year however I still stand by the Ryback comparison as I believe it does relate. I'm not saying Bryan will fade away into obscurity like Ryback did, however I think continuously stalling on pulling the trigger with Bryan is a dangerous game to play.

Hand on heart, I don't believe him winning the strap at 30 would be overshadowed at all and even if it was, it's The Streak of all things so it wouldn't make me personally think twice about going ahead with a title switch.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yes but despite winning the title he always got it taken right back away from him not really getting to be champion because he doesn't want him as champion because he doesn't think him being champ is best for business. Who keeps being billed as face of the company? Orton and what is Orton? The world champion and Triple H doesn't want Bryan as world champion because he doesn't want him to be the face of the company. Don't see what is so hard to understand about that besides the fact that you obviously want Batista to be world champion which is fine but at least be objective and not try and convince yourself that this long ass storyline hasn't been about Bryan finally becoming face of the company that the authority doesn't want. Beating the fuck out of Triple H isn't going to make that happen. That is a path to the payoff but not the payoff itself.
Lets just say he win it or won it hypothetically two days ago ... What's to stop Hunter from screwing him again out of it?

The point isn't winning the thing, he's won it twice in the past year and been a 3 time champ overall. The point is keeping it and he can't do that with Hunter around to stop him. Now if he kicks hunters fucking head in and takes him out, he can get the gold and keep it to the evil boss returns

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Better idea that WWE missed the boat on: Have Bryan win the title at Wrestlemania (the expected outcome before Dave suddenly came back and got first dibs), getting his long-awaited Wrestlemania moment. THEN have Triple H vs Daniel Bryan at Extreme Rules for the title. Triple H makes the match as a desperate attempt to stop Bryan from representing his company, reasoning he can get the job done himself. Bryan wins and gets to enjoy a decent reign for at least another few months. After all the crushing disappointments and unfair hurdles, Bryan finally gets over huge by riding the WM win and some extra, personal revenge on Triple H afterwards. The sweet cherry on top.

... But that's something we can only daydream about now. And it was SO. BLOODY. OBVIOUS.