1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

Raw 2018 #Raw thread, April 16, 2018: The 2018 Superstar Shake-up begins

Discussion in 'Raw' started by Smarkslayer, Apr 16, 2018 at 4:07 PM.

1. Jimmy King

Jimmy King ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:WOW

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 1:14 AM
    Blazeta likes this.
  2. Admin Post
  3. Cwalker

Cwalker That's What I Do!

randyorton
    romanreigns
    robertroode
    antoniocesaro
    ajstyles
    jaylethal
    6 months and ALPHA coming back :mark:

Hurry up Jordan

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 8:32 AM
  4. Admin Post
    Dale

Dale Is Best For Business

emma
    randyorton
    mickiejames2
    therock
    lita3
    kofi
    Seriously, this first part of the draft was just all kinds of mehhhh. It was like they literally just looked at SmackDown, scooped up all the trash (outside Kami and Roode I guess) and just threw it onto Raw lol. Probably the only good, somewhat shocking move was bringing McIntyre up but then they went and put him with Ziggler who has been worth 0 fucks for years now.

From wwe.com here's the full list moving to Raw.

1) Jinder Mahal
    2) Ruby Riott
    3) Sarah Logan
    4) Liv Morgan
    5) Kevin Owens
    6) Sami Zayn
    7) Zack Ryder
    8) Fandango
    9) Tyler Breeze
    10) Natalya
    11) Dolph Ziggler
    12) Drew McIntyre
    13) Baron Corbin
    14) Konnor
    15) Viktor
    16 Bobby Roode
    17) Mojo Rawley
    18) Mike Kanellis
    19) Chad Gable

5. Admin Post
    TNA is Hiring

TNA is Hiring #ThanosHive

Watch Smackdown get like 6 news wrestler.

6. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    They're just switching their midcard.

7. Admin Post
    Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer Tomb Raider

The moment a brand can't even do exclusive shows, the entire point of it is gone. Last time it took 5 years before WWE did away brand exclusive PPV and the moment they did the brand split slowly died from that point forth with them officially doing "super" Raws and SmackDowns only 3 years later.

8. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

ddp
    danielbryan2
    ricflair
    mrperfect2
    thewhyats
    chriscandido
    You say yourself it still took 3 years for the split to die after they dual branded the PPVs, we'll shit this brand extension has only been around like two years anyway so if this is the start of the end then it's still gonna be around at least twice as long as it has so far

Smarkslayer likes this.
  9. Admin Post
    Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer Tomb Raider

But still that would be half the life of the original split. Either WWE has faith in it or they don't.

10. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

ddp
    danielbryan2
    ricflair
    mrperfect2
    thewhyats
    chriscandido
    I don't think dual branded PPVs hurt the split at all, it just makes the PPVs better with less filler. The split goes strong until we get the first title unification, that's when I think the last one really started to die.

11. Admin Post
    Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer Tomb Raider

The title unification was years after they weren't even doing exclusive Raws and SmackDowns anymore. It was definitely dead at that point.

When WWE concocted the idea of the brand extension the point was to give the illusion of WWE vs WCW brand supremacy. If they're sharing PPVs and doing yearly shake-ups, are they really separate "brands?"

12. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

ddp
    danielbryan2
    ricflair
    mrperfect2
    thewhyats
    chriscandido
    Nah bro they unified tag titles first, then women's(I think?) World title was last, I mean you gotta watch for the first unification, whether it's a unified tag champs appearing on both shows or a unified women's champion, those will spell the end or at least the start of it

Smarkslayer likes this.
  13. Admin Post
    Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer Tomb Raider

Ah, I remember now. Yeah, those unifications happened just shortly before the "super" shows I mentioned.

14. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

ddp
    danielbryan2
    ricflair
    mrperfect2
    thewhyats
    chriscandido
    Wasn't the tag titles in like 09 or something? Supershows were like 2011 or 2012 idr.

WWEs roster just looks way too stacked right not to go back to one roster, the filler from these solo show PPVs the last couple years didn't touch some of the shit from the first time they did it