RAW September 19th, 2016 [Live Discussion]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

When:
United States: LIVE, Monday Night, September 19, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, September 20, at 1AM on Sky Sports 5 HD

Where:
FedExForum
Memphis, TN

Raw preview, Sept. 19, 2016: Rollins and Rusev must pay the price of interference
20160916_RAW_RollinsRusev--d495a0ed2d66f10b72e11c9d9e45138f.jpg

After interfering in Raw's main event and effectively helping to cost Roman Reigns a spot in Clash of Champions’ WWE Universal Title Match, Seth Rollins and Rusev must suffer the fallout when they go one-on-one this Monday night. Plus, the Cruiserweights are finally coming to Team Red!

Seth Rollins must battle Rusev on Raw!
185_RAW_09122016ca_3909--e830a6c40e988a2f5a8f1ef4713bb846.jpg

Raw General Manager Mick Foley might seem like a cuddly teddy bear of a man, especially if you’ve been binge-watching Holy Foley on WWE Network lately. But don’t forget that the heart of a Hardcore Legend still beats below the Santa Claus shirts and tweed blazers. Seth Rollins woke up a little bit of Cactus Jack in Foley last Monday night when he not only questioned the Raw GM’s integrity, but outwardly defied the Team Red authority figure by interfering in the main event bout between Roman Reigns and WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens. Then again, so did United States Champion Rusev. Now, both Superstars must pay the price.

WWE.com has learned that there will be major fallout as a result of Rollins and Rusev's actions which helped deny Reigns his proper opportunity to join the WWE Universal Title Match at Clash of Champions. The punishment? The Architect must go one-on-one with The Bulgarian Brute on Monday night! Who will survive this absolute match of mayhem?

And while we’re on the subject, after being locked in Rusev’s excruciating Accolade submission hold, what retribution might Reigns have in store for The Super Athlete? Find out Monday night at 8/7 C on Raw.

The Cruiserweights arrive on Raw
20160914_cwc_perkinswin3--57e573966f495667bb3b0d047e22fbeb.jpg

Outlasting 31 other competitors from all around the globe, the charismatic T.J. Perkins emerged as the winner of the Cruiserweight Classic Wednesday night, and will bring the WWE Cruiserweight Championship to Raw in Memphis … but he won’t be alone.

WWE.com can confirm that the following Cruiserweights are also joining Team Red:

• Brian Kendrick​
  • Rich Swann​
  • Gran Metalik​
  • Cedric Alexander​
  • Lince Dorado​
  • Noam Dar​
Who will we see on the Cruiserweights’ first night on Monday night’s hottest show? You won’t want to miss any of the action as a new division ignites Raw’s New Era.

Cesaro looks to even up the Best of Seven Series in Match No. 6
20160912_raw_sheamuscesaro--21e29b87b8e47673f251eb226cdd4fbe.jpg

Don’t call it a comeback. With two straight wins against Sheamus in their Best of Seven Series, Cesaro cemented his reputation as one of Team Red’s most resilient Superstars, shaking Sheamus’ confidence in the process. He’s also among the most crafty, using the ropes as leverage — when the referee wasn’t looking — to steal that second win this past Monday night.

With the score now at 3-2, The Swiss Superman is just one victory away from evening up the series. If he can defeat The Celtic Warrior just once more, he’ll force the competition to go to Match No. 7. Will Cesaro’s whatever-it-takes attitude prove effective Monday night, or will Sheamus halt The King of Swing’s momentum with one swift Brogue Kick?

Are the walls closing in on Charlotte?
20160912_raw_sashabrooke--4950103ebdec372b3689bef8d13663f9.jpg

Defeating both Bayley and Dana Brooke this past Monday night, Sasha Banks protected her place in Clash of Champions’ Raw Women’s Title Match, and will aim to reclaim the prize she lost at SummerSlam and wipe the smug smile off Charlotte’s face in the process.

With The Boss closing in, Charlotte is also entrenched in ongoing drama with her protégé Dana, who slapped Raw’s “Queen Bee” across the face last week in a shocking show of rebellion. Brooke might have apologized later on — moments after losing the night’s No. 1 Contender’s Triple Threat Match — but the damage has surely been done. Can Charlotte keep it together as her rematch with Sasha Banks approaches?

Don’t miss Raw at 8/7 C, and be sure to tune in to Raw Pre-Show at 7:30 ET on all of WWE’s digital platforms.​

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
I'm saying we'll see a six man match, the winner faces T.J. Perkins at Clash Of The Champions for the Cruiserweight Championship.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yep I could see that 6 man match too. Also, Cesaro is winning again tonight and most likely the match next Sunday too and earn a championship match soon

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Luke Harper's in the building tonight in Memphis, baybay! :yeah:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
More good news:

As noted, the WWE RAW Cruiserweight division will officially kick off on tonight's RAW from Memphis with new Cruiserweight Champion and Cruiserweight Classic winner TJ Perkins. WWE has also announced Brian Kendrick, Rich Swann, Gran Metalik, Cedric Alexander, Noam Dar and Lince Dorado for tonight.

There are rumors that Chris Jericho will be involved in a big angle with the cruiserweights on tonight's show as a way to put them over and introduce them to fans.

I noted last week that WWE officials were very high up on CWC competitor Jack Gallagher, who is also coming to RAW. WWE did not include Gallagher on the list of names for tonight's RAW but one source insists that he's booked for this week. It's possible that Gallagher will just be backstage. Original plans had Gallagher being featured the first week on RAW as he was expected to receive a push from day one.

Source

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Great, I'm excited to see them on Raw for the 1st time tonight I'm sure Y2J will do a great job putting them over..... he is a cruiserweight at heart (I miss the old Jericho back when The walls of Jericho was the Lion Tamer) I really hope Cedric Alexander gets a push! @ that's great for Gallagher I enjoyed his matches on the CWC

Last edited:

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Great, I'm excited to see them on Raw for the 1st time tonight I'm sure Y2J will do a great job putting them over..... he is a cruiserweight at heart (I miss the old Jericho back when The walls of Jericho was the Lion Tamer) I really hope Cedric Alexander gets a push! @ that's great for Gallagher I enjoyed his matches on the CWC
I was really hoping Tajiri would have came back for awhile just to help out with the younger talent he still puts on great matches he could have put them over more and it's not like he doesn't know the WWE