RAW: October 16th, 2017 [Live Discussion]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

When:
United States: LIVE, Monday Night, October 16, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, October 17, at 1AM on Sky Sports 5 HD

Where:
Moda Center
Portland, OR

WWE Raw preview, Oct. 16, 2017: Roman Reigns battles Braun Strowman inside a steel cage
20170806_Raw_Roman--3c787d136fabd233333bbb5eff26cddf.jpg

Less than one week before the reunited Shield battles Braun Strowman, Intercontinental Champion The Miz, Sheamus & Cesaro in a Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match at WWE TLC, Roman Reigns goes to the extreme against The Monster Among Men in a Steel Cage Match. Can Reigns take down Strowman inside the unforgiving structure without the aid of his fellow Hounds of Justice?

Reigns and Strowman meet inside the steel
raw1272_theshield_cine_02--4c65f18a752545818f79476ed8988d46.jpg

The Shield is back to dole out their brand of justice on Raw. However, by preventing Braun Strowman from mauling Matt Hardy this past Monday night—driving the behemoth through the announce table with a Triple Powerbomb during the attack—they’ve earned an enemy in The Monster Among Men.

Following that altercation, Strowman joined Intercontinental Champion The Miz, Cesaro & Sheamus in their Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match at WWE TLC, making the anticipated bout a 4-on-3 affair. Additionally, Strowman was placed in a Steel Cage Match against Roman Reigns on the final Raw before WWE TLC, bringing a new chapter to one of the most brutal rivalries of The New Era.

The last time Strowman entered a steel cage, he threw Big Show through the structure and put the giant on the shelf. Can the cage contain the carnage that awaits when Reigns and Strowman collide once more? Moreover, can Raw Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose, Miz, Cesaro and Sheamus resist somehow getting involved?

Sister Abigail is coming for Finn Bálor
20171009_raw_sisterabigail--a9cdc054efec03cc4226610f90571966.jpg

After speculation as to whether or not the mysterious Sister Abigail was indeed among the living, Bray Wyatt formally introduced Finn Bálor to the otherworldly entity in an unnerving meeting this past Monday night.

“Bray may have unleashed something awful,” Bálor told Renee Young after the encounter. “When she spoke, I heard her words echo through my head. I felt a shiver up and down my spine. I felt pure evil. But I also felt that now I know what I have to do.”

Having already defeated Wyatt as The Demon and as a man, how will Bálor deal with The Eater of Worlds’ latest threat?

Emma has a date with The Empress of Tomorrow
20171009_raw_women--29f888c808017a61defafc2de80dae14.jpg

Emma finally earned the spotlight she so craves this past Monday night when she won a Fatal 5-Way Elimination Match to become Asuka’s opponent at WWE TLC.

The Empress of Tomorrow was undefeated as NXT Women’s Champion, holding the title for a record-shattering 523 days before vacating it. Now that Asuka has come to Raw, will she remain unbeatable, or will Emma start her own revolution by spoiling the Japanese Superstar’s Team Red debut?

Kalisto maintains momentum going into WWE TLC
178_raw_10092017mm_1301--eaf86df4c05289a61b407dd84328680a.jpg

Kalisto and Enzo Amore are still battling for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship at WWE TLC as scheduled, but the bearer of the title going into the match has shifted somewhat thanks to Raw General Manager Kurt Angle.

This past Monday night — on WWE Hall of Famer Eddie Guerrero’s birthday, no less — Kalisto’s opportunity came early, With a breathtaking Salida del Sol, The King of Flight put away The Certified G to capture the title and dedicate his win to Latino Heat’s memory.

Kalisto conquered Amore once again the following night on WWE Network’s 205 Live, successfully teaming with Mustafa Ali against Muscles Marinara and his sole ally, Ariya Daivari. Will the luchador continue to frustrate the newly former champion leading up to their WWE TLC rematch?

Has Alexa Bliss made a massive mistake for the “ages”?
20171009_raw_mickiejames--7315bde2a7cdeb3949fb66c6429c9795.jpg

Raw Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss clearly isn’t one to respect her elders, but after Mickie James’ Little Miss Bliss beatdown this past Monday night, she might need to start.

“The Goddess of WWE’s” mind games have lit a fire within the six-time Women’s Champion, making it seem all the more likely that she’ll add a seventh reign to her list of accolades when she battles Alexa at WWE TLC. Will the increasingly aggressive Mickie keep the arrogant titleholder on the defensive before their title showdown?

Don’t miss Raw at 8/7 C on USA Network!​

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Aww, Snickerdoodle! I gotta charge me phone before it dies so I can watch tonights show. Or try to. :(

Smg

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
they really want to stack the odds up against the shield haha

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2