RAW March 16th, 2015 Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
LIVE DISCUSSION IS IN THE CHAT! (click here)
proxy.php

When:
United States: LIVE, Monday Night, March 16th, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, March 17th, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Where:
Wells Fargo Arena
Des Moines, IA

RAW Five-Point Preview: March 16, 2015
20150312_RawPreview_RollinsOrton_LIGHT_HOMEPAGE_TuneIn.jpg

The Authority was dealt a crippling blow last Monday night when Randy Orton finally snapped,brutalizing Seth Rollins and leaving the so-called “future of WWE” in a heap at ringside. Now, after The Viper has made clear his intentions to challenge Mr. Money in the Bank to a clash at WrestleMania, the WWE Universe wonders: Will Rollins agree to face WWE’s Apex Predator?

As Orton plots his next move against The Architect on Raw, WWE.com offers some predictions for the next stop on The Road to WrestleMania.

1. Should Rollins agree to face Randy Orton?
20150312_SD_Thumb_OrtonInterview.jpg

Things have never exactly been amicable between Randy Orton and Seth Rollins, but the combustible situation between The Viper and Mr. Money in the Bank absolutely erupted last Monday night when Orton decimated Rollins in a cold, methodical assault that ended with an RKO through the announce desk.

Orton discussed the attack in an interview Thursday night on SmackDown, revealing that his plan for Monday night was to spit on Rollins’ face and challenge the so-called “future of WWE” to a battle at WrestleMania. Keeping in mind how Orton completely dominated Rollins at the conclusion of last Monday’s Raw, one might argue that Rollins would be foolish to accept such a challenge. However, Rollins might also see a clash with Orton as the ultimate chance for vengeance on The Grandest Stage of Them All. Expect some serious fireworks between these former allies when Raw goes on the air.

2. Where has Lana been?
backfall031215_DC.jpg

Defending the United States from yet another verbal thrashing from Rusev, a fired-up John Cena went after The Super Athlete with everything he had Monday night, locking The Hero of the Russian Federation in the STF and refusing to release the hold.

It wasn’t until Lana granted the Cenation leader his United States Championship rematch that Cena finally relented, giving in to the 15-time World Champion without Rusev’s consent. The Super Athlete was furious with The Ravishing Russian later that night, and she hasn’t been seen by the WWE Universe since.

Tom Phillips tried to get an answer from Rusev regarding Lana’s whereabouts and the true nature of her relationship with Rusev Thursday night on the WWE App, but The Super Athlete refused to comment. Is there a rift between Lana and the United States Champion? If so, what effect will it have on Cena and Rusev’s clash at WrestleMania?

3. Which team is most worthy to face Tyson Kidd & Cesaro for the WWE Tag Team Titles?
20150312_SD_Thumb_8ManTagTeam.jpg

The Intercontinental Championship might be the hottest potato in WWE right now, but competition for the WWE Tag Team Titles continues to heat up as WrestleMania approaches. The Usos, The New Day and Los Matadores have each made apparent their intentions of prying the coveted championships from Tyson Kidd & Cesaro’s clutches, but it remains to be seen which tandem will earn that opportunity on The Grandest Stage of Them All at WrestleMania.

Last Monday night, Xavier Woods & Big E of The New Day defeated the champions in a non-title match, while Los Matadores stole a victory from Jimmy & Jey Uso the same night. Then, Thursday night on SmackDown, Diego & Fernando proved their worth yet again when they helped Kidd & Cesaro defeat The New Day and The Usos in the night’s Eight-Man Tag Team Match. Will Kidd & Cesaro’s WrestleMania challengers be named this week?

4. How will Reigns be challenged on Raw?
20150312_SD_Thumb_HenryReigns.jpg

As Roman Reigns addressed his most vocal critics on SmackDown, a returning Mark Henryinterrupted The Big Dog and added his booming voice to those who remain unconvinced that Reigns can defeat Brock Lesnar to capture the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania.

After Henry punctuated his point by harshly shoving Reigns against the ropes, the tattooed goliath retaliated in impressive and shocking fashion by delivering a Superman Punch to the former World Heavyweight Champion’s jaw and Spearing Henry through the barricade at ringside. Reigns hadpassed Henry’s unusual “test,” and no doubt convinced many a doubter that Reigns has what it takes to conquer The Beast Incarnate at The Show of Shows.

After Reigns’ show of force Monday night, how will The Big Dog be tested this week? Has Paul Heyman’s opinion of Lesnar’s challenger changed at all after Thursday night?

5. Will Wyatt come to regret resurrecting The Deadman for WrestleMania?
20150309_raw_Thumb_bray.jpg

After weeks of labyrinthine diatribes and bold proclamations, Bray Wyatt finally got his response from The Undertaker, who accepted The New Face of Fear’s WrestleMania challenge on last week’s Raw by setting Wyatt’s signature rocking chair ablaze in an eerie, supernatural display. The Eater of Worlds seemed pleased with himself as he surveyed the fiery destruction, having successfully drawn The Deadman from the shadows, but are doubts starting to creep into the backwoods preacher’s mind now that his Show of Shows match with The Phenom is set in stone? Will the mind games continue this week on Raw? Expect to hear from Wyatt Monday night, less than two weeks before “the man comes around” at WrestleMania.

Don’t miss Raw at 8/7 C, and be sure to tune in to Raw Pre-Show at 7:30 ET, only on WWE Network.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Should be a good show.. 2 weeks til Wrestlemania!

Looking forward to seeing where they go with the Rollins/Orton story line after last week's beatdown and whether or not Rollins gets his own revenge without sicking his dogs on Orton.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Should be a good show.. 2 weeks til Wrestlemania!

Looking forward to seeing where they go with the Rollins/Orton story line after last week's beatdown and whether or not Rollins gets his own revenge without sicking his dogs on Orton.

The last three weeks of the build-up towards Mania have been rather lackluster, so with 2 weeks to go till showtime, I hope starting this Monday is where they step it up a notch.

As far as Rollins/Orton feud goes... Yes, Rollins will get his revenge, but likely with the help of his 'goons', which would lead to Orton having a match against someone from The Authority, or heck, the entire group and if he wins, Rollins will face him at Mania all by himself with everyone banned from ringside. That's how I see it playing out.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Rollins needs to get revenge on Orton, and possibly have Sheamus join the Authority (and if Joe is joining WWE, maybe have him join them after WM31).

Hopefully Goldust sets up a Stardust match, instead of the ladder match, and Sting actually cuts a proper promo on Triple H with his own un-edited voice.

And have Reigns actually look at Lesnar. But hey, seeing your enemy in the main event of WM31 in the buildup is overrated, right? Gotta have Heyman save the feud, he's the only reason why it's not 100% dogshit right now (and my hopes of Lesnar destroying EVERYTHING in his path).

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Rollins needs to get revenge on Orton, and possibly have Sheamus join the Authority (and if Joe is joining WWE, maybe have him join them after WM31).

Hopefully Goldust sets up a Stardust match, instead of the ladder match, and Sting actually cuts a proper promo on Triple H with his own un-edited voice.

And have Reigns actually look at Lesnar. But hey, seeing your enemy in the main event of WM31 in the buildup is overrated, right? Gotta have Heyman save the feud, he's the only reason why it's not 100% dogshit right now (and my hopes of Lesnar destroying EVERYTHING in his path).

- Rollins will most likely get his revenge on Orton, I'd be down for Sheamus joining the Authority, ditch Show and Kane, please.
As far as Joe goes, if he ever signs with WWE, they're not gonna call him up to the main roster like a month after he's signed, he's gonna be down in NXT for 2-3 months, at least.

- No, it's official. Stardust is in that IC title ladder match. Perhaps they're saving Goldust vs Stardust for Extreme Rules.

- Lesnar/Reigns confrontation which would most likely end in a brawl is probably being saved up for the go-home show.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
*Why Wasn't Lana With Rusev On Thursday's WWE SmackDown And This Weekend's WWE Live Events?*

We noted last week that WWE was teasing tension between Lana and WWE United States Champion Rusev after she accepted John Cena's WrestleMania 31 challenge for Rusev.

Lana did not appear on SmackDown with Rusev and is not appearing at this weekend's WWE live events with him because she's filming WWE Studios' action-thriller Interrogation with WWE Hall of Famer Edge. WWE is using the tension between she and Rusev to explain her absence. One rumored theory going around is that she will stay off TV until WrestleMania 31, where she will return to bring Rusev "support" for his match against Cena in the form of the grand entrance that we reported on in a spoiler post earlier this week.

Edge tweeted the following on Saturday, the first day of filming:

Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...ith-rusev-on-thursday-wwe-smackdown-and-this/

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
- Rollins will most likely get his revenge on Orton, I'd be down for Sheamus joining the Authority, ditch Show and Kane, please.
As far as Joe goes, if he ever signs with WWE, they're not gonna call him up to the main roster like a month after he's signed, he's gonna be down in NXT for 2-3 months, at least.

- No, it's official. Stardust is in that IC title ladder match. Perhaps they're saving Goldust vs Stardust for Extreme Rules.

- Lesnar/Reigns confrontation which would most likely end in a brawl is probably being saved up for the go-home show.
Then again, Joe has enough experience on national TV with TV and can most likely work the WWE style.

Take him out, then. Goldust can piss off Stardust so much that he goes for him.

I still want to see a live Reigns-Heyman-Lesnar promo. Even if Heyman destroys him on the mic, Reigns should still try and get in his face.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Aye should be a good one.. Lana been filming a movie in reality but ofc they're going to turn it into a most likely useless part of the storyline between Rusev & Cena.. Hoping it will be hella superior to the early part of the road to Wrestlemania.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Then again, Joe has enough experience on national TV with TV and can most likely work the WWE style.

Take him out, then. Goldust can piss off Stardust so much that he goes for him.

I still want to see a live Reigns-Heyman-Lesnar promo. Even if Heyman destroys him on the mic, Reigns should still try and get in his face.

- Doesn't matter how long he's been in this business, you've got to go through WWE's developmental system first. If Joe does sign, he won't be an exception.

- Nah, bro. It ain't happening. Would be swell if Goldust was added into the IC title ladder match, though.

- It's going to happen eventually, but I'm a bit more interested in Lesnar/Reigns brawl for the go-home show.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
- Brock Lesnar is not advertised for tomorrow's RAW at the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, IA. There was speculation that Lesnar would be added to the show after missing his scheduled appearance on RAW three weeks ago. Outside of WrestleMania, his only remaining WWE appearances on his current deal are for the March 23rd RAW in Los Angeles, and the post-WrestleMania RAW in San Jose.

- Figured he'd be scheduled for the go-home show. Sweet.

- The advertised dark match main event for tomorrow's RAW is an eight man tag team match pitting John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose against Seth Rollins, Bray Wyatt, Kane and The Big Show.

Would've been great if this was televised.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0315/591392/brock-lesnar-not-at-wwe-raw/

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Some things came up & now I have a date for this evening.. don't think I'll be making this one tonight :/