RAW July 21st, 2014 live discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Sd0ih.png

When:
United States: LIVE, Monday Night, July 21st, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, July 22nd, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Where:
AmericanAirlines Arena
Miami, FL

RAW Five-Point Review:
ddf2ff5b111497fcc213adc73c2f9031.jpg

Less than 24 hours after all of the bombastic action of WWE Battleground, John Cena is still your WWE World Heavyweight Champion. With special guest star Flo Rida joining in the festivities tonight on Raw, what else can the WWE Universe look forward to? WWE.com has some ideas about how Monday’s most exciting show is preparing to heat up Miami.

1.New extremes for Ambrose and Rollins?:
c63be740ae38c728a68ef4adf9bce4de.jpg

Seth Rollins didn’t earn his victory over Dean Ambrose at WWE Battleground —The Lunatic Fringe was ejected from the building after ambushing Mr. Money in the Bank backstage— but he did earn his fair share of scrapes and bruises courtesy of his former “brother.” After Rollins was declared the victor via forfeit last night, Ambrose not only attacked his one-time ally to incite another pull-apart brawl, but launched a third strike from the trunk of Rollins’ own car!

View photos from this chaotic confrontation

Having failed to defeat Mr. Money in the Bank in an official WWE bout, Ambrose will no doubt be hungry for retribution against his Authority-aligned nemesis tonight in Miami.

2.The Intercontinental title goes 'Hollywood':
97094b153a54dcaf041a4c04a12c23f2.jpg

Does this mean we have to be subjected to another obnoxious “letter” from this preening egotist? Regardless of how the WWE Universe feels about The Miz these days, The Awesome One has captured the Intercontinental Championship for an impressive third time, outlasting (and arguably outsmarting) some of WWE’s most elite Superstars in a massive Battle Royal at WWE Battleground.

View photos from the Battle Royal | Dolph Ziggler sounds off

Given his tendency to boast since returning from the set of “The Marine 4: Moving Target,” one can only imagine how The Miz will commemorate his third Intercontinental Title reign. However, as the self-professed “A-Lister” ponders how to best pamper his “moneymaker” for his next close-up, he’d be wise to consider which Superstars will be eyeing his championship this week on Raw.

3.Y2J: Buzzard beater:
2a72f778916208ee0697694d34acdf1b.jpg

Despite his incredible accomplishments as one of the most prolific competitors in sports-entertainment history, Chris Jericho might have faced his most unusual challenge last night when he battled the ruthless Bray Wyatt at WWE Battleground. Following weeks of mind games that made even the charismatic Fozzy frontman uneasy, Y2J’s experience enabled him to prevail when he silenced “The Man of 1,000 Truths” with an incredible Codebreaker.

Check out exclusive photos from the match

Now that Jericho has defeated Wyatt — much to the delight of legions of Jerichoholics — how will The Eater of Worlds seek to spread his macabre message? Is Wyatt done preying on “the best in the world at what he does”?

4.Red, white and bruised
5c599bdf94a5cc6ea9b1a14575d32ecd.jpg

Resembling some bizarre, alternate ending to “Rocky IV,” the United States’ star-spangled hero, Jack Swagger, fell to “The Hero of the Russian Federation,” Rusev, at WWE Battleground, giving The Bulgarian Brute his most difficult battle before Swagger was counted out. After the match, Rusev continued to assert his dominance over his American foe when he locked an unconscious Swagger in the Accolade.

View photos of the international action

Even though Rusev’s victory over The Real American gave Lana some new fodder to proclaim Russia’s superiority over the United States, the American flag’s colors don’t run — and neither do Swagger and Zeb Colter. Will the patriots unleash their counter-attack on Raw?

5.The Champ's still here:
1935259cd6f086e775c63f589532f4c5.jpg

If you witnessed the conclusion of Raw, you would have assumed that there’d be no way John Cena would be able to leave WWE Battleground with the WWE World Heavyweight Title. However, The Champ has made a career of defying expectations and beating the odds, so why stop now?

Despite The Authority’s plans to pry the championship from Cena’s grasp in last night’s Fatal 4-Way Match, Cena defeated Roman Reigns and two Authority-aligned Superstars, Randy Orton and Kane. When Cena sealed a victory by using an Attitude Adjustment to send The Viper crashing onto The Devil’s Favorite Demon, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon had to be squirming in their seats wherever they were.

View photos of WWE Battleground’s Fatal 4-Way Match | Reigns comments

With the Cenation leader still in possession of sports-entertainment’s most prestigious prize, how will The Authority respond on Raw? Also, what’s next for Reigns, who came closer than ever to winning his first World Championship in WWE?

Don’t miss Raw this Monday at 8/7 CT on USA Network, and be sure to tune in to WWE Network forRaw Pre-Show at 7:30 ET and Backstage Pass immediately following the show!​

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
They'd have to put together the best RAW in a decade to make up for last night's show. I'm not looking forward to tonight, even with Lesnar returning I can't see it being all that great.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Safe to say I won't be watching live. I stayed up last night and I won't stay up two nights running for garbage.

And also @Shadow that Ambrose sig is incredible.

Reactions: Rogue

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I really think the Ascension may move up soon/tonight. On the Battlground post show last night the Uso's made the challenge to "any team in the WWE" to try and take their belts. Sounds like a familiar challenge that took place in NXT to me. It would fit IMO.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
I really think the Ascension may move up soon/tonight. On the Battlground post show last night the Uso's made the challenge to "any team in the WWE" to try and take their belts. Sounds like a familiar challenge that took place in NXT to me. It would fit IMO.

I really hope they do move up soon. I've been waiting for ages for them to move to the main roster. Hopefully they can be the ones to do it successfully.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The first thing you expect (and what I know) Is this is the start the build of Cena vs. Lesnar for the title at Summerslam, Triple H's plan C, anything else really I don't care, a Miz promo and the start to his first feud over the IC title, Jericho and Usos vs. The Wyatts tonight probably... that's all I really can think of

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'll watch (skipping Cena obv), but I'm not excited for it. Wyatt jobbed to Y2J of all people, and now I'm mad at the story that had me involved the most. I expect to see more of Dean coming out of nowhere to attack Seth like we haven't seen that yet, Cesaro's nobody, and we're setting up a match where either Cena wins lol or a part timer is champ (although if he laid down for Rollins a show or a month later it wouldn't suck). Besides Brock I'm only looking forward to AJ/Paige here and I have to admit that a part of that is because they normally don't wear a lot of clothes.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I wonder if they will give Slater a filler match vs Cesaro after the events that took place in last night's BR.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
How in the fuck did Jericho beat Bray, and why in fucks name did they have that IC win. Better yet ffs, no ambrose rollins?

WWE is doing their best to make the 9.99 monthly fee seem like too much. I wont be here for this dogshit.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Love when you get alerts on your phone saying a certain someone will be on Raw. Spoiler alert you assholes.

Anyway, the amount of rage about this show on here could make several elderly people keel over... so I'll be in the back with Lockard and Leo C just laughing about it, and will probably wind up watching in the morning for tbe AJ/Paige fallout

"hahahahaha remember Maven and the Undertaker from 2002? They're doing the same thing with Slater and Cesaro :dawg:"

Reactions: Leo C

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I wonder if they will give Slater a filler match vs Cesaro after the events that took place in last night's BR.

Wait a minute... :hmm: Slater's arch nemesis Flo Rida is on Raw...

Time for some one-man payback, baybay!

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Jericho for you

Inconsisetmt in the ring, and overrated on the mic

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Jericho for you

Inconsisetmt in the ring, and overrated on the mic
You have to be out of your fucking mind to say that. You're an Orton mark taking shots at Y2J, are you fucking kidding?

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Just thinking of The Miz/Sheamus feud with the titles has me not wanting to watch it.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Just thinking of The Miz/Sheamus feud with the titles has me not wanting to watch it.

Don't care who's involved, as long as they are unified.