RAW January 4th, 2016 [Live Discussion]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
LIVE Discussion is taking place in Chat! Click here to join and discuss!
proxy.php

When:
United States: LIVE, Monday Night, January 4, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom:
Tuesday Morning, January 5, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Where:
AT&T Center
San Antonio, TX

Raw Five-Point Preview: Jan. 4, 2016
20151228_RawPreview_Thumbnail_TuneIn.jpg

Raw kicks off 2016 with a blockbuster main event, pitting WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns against Sheamus, with WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon serving as special guest referee. Will The Chairman’s personal vendetta against The Big Dog seal a victory for The Celtic Warrior? WWE.com has some theories.

1. “No Chance in Hell” for Reigns?

20151228_RAW_VinceAnnouncement_2.jpg

As countless Superstars through history have learned the hard way, Mr. McMahon doesn’t tolerate defiance. Yet, WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns continues to laugh in the face of The Chairman, whose frustrations with the current standard-bearer for his company led to his ownarrest this past Monday on Raw.

Once freed from prison, Mr. McMahon laid out his plot to wrest sports-entertainment’s grandest prize from Reigns’ grasp on the first Raw of the New Year: Monday night, Reigns must defend his title against Sheamus, with The Chairman himself serving as the special guest referee!

Since Sheamus always has The League of Nations at his back, the odds are already stacked against The Big Dog whenever he encounters the Irish brawler, and even though Reigns somehow overcame The Celtic Warrior and his “lads” to capture the WWE World Heavyweight Championship on the Dec. 14 edition of Raw, it’s unlikely he’ll be as fortunate again. Plus, even if Reigns could repel the entire League of Nations, he’d still have to rely on Mr. McMahon calling this match down the middle to secure a victory. Judging by Mr. McMahon’s history donning the black-and-white stripes, that probably won’t be the case.

Given all that Reigns is up against, will the first Raw of 2016 be his last with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship?

2. Does another U.S. Title opportunity await Cena?
20151228_RAW_CenaDelRio_2.jpg

John Cena made his anticipated return to WWE last Monday night, goading United States Champion Alberto Del Rio into a title bout and coming incredibly close to recapturing his star-spangled prize. Were it not for The League of Nations, we’d all be eagerly anticipating one of the Cenation leader’s exciting U.S. Open Challenges this coming Monday night.

With his last encounter with The Essence of Excellence ending in a disqualification, might Cena make another attempt at Old Glory early in the New Year? Even better, will Cena head to SmackDown on USA Network next Thursday night with the U.S. Title slung around his shoulder?

3. Royal Rumblings
127-20151228_RAW_MizTv_2.jpg

With the 2016 Royal Rumble Match less than three weeks away, the entire WWE Universe is buzzing about which Superstars will declare their entry in WWE’s iconic over-the-top-rope tradition. Big Show emerged on Raw to become the first competitor in this year’s 30-man melee, and we’ve since learned that Curtis Axel — who claims he was never eliminated from last year’s Royal Rumble Match — will also enter the fray (even though he evidently never left it). Which other Superstars will announce their participation in the weeks ahead? Expect more Royal Rumble news on Raw.

4. From Cuteville to Splitsville
20151230_Breeze_Article.jpg

Even though Tyler Breeze and Summer Rae were one of WWE’s most selfie-worthy couples in 2015 — at least in their eyes — the pair has apparently decided to go their separate ways. On SmackDown, after defeating Goldust, Prince Pretty revealed that he and Summer would no longer be an item in the New Year.

What new pursuits await these newly single socialites? Perhaps we’ll learn more Monday night.

5. No respect for The New Day?
20151230_Dudleys_Article.jpg

Even though they’re the WWE Tag Team Champions, Kofi Kingston, Big E & Xavier Woods seem to be channeling Rodney Dangerfield lately. After getting snubbed for WWE Tag Team of the Year in the2015 Slammy Awards, The New Day’s New Year’s Eve celebration on SmackDown was tarnished when The Dudley Boyz teamed with Kalisto to not only defeat the trio in a Six-Man Tag Team Match, but put Woods through a “Happy New Year” table.

After their 2015 ended on a sour note, how will The New Day embrace the “Power of Positivity” in the first Raw of 2016?

Don’t miss Raw at 8/7 C on USA Network, and be sure to tune in to Raw Pre-Show at 7:30 ET, only on the award-winning WWE Network.​

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score
Just surround the wring with **real cops,** with authority to arrest anyone that 'interferes' with the match. Oh wait. Monday Night RAW.... I forgot....real rules don't apply here........I Know!!!! Tell **everyone ** to watch Monday Night Football instead of RAW...

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
raw sucks so bad but since i have nothing better to do i'll be watching for tradition sake

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
WOOO FIRST RAW WITHOUT MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL AGAINST IT WOOOOO... oh, what's that about a Tokyo Dome?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
WOOO FIRST RAW WITHOUT MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL AGAINST IT WOOOOO... oh, what's that about a Tokyo Dome?
dude snowman dude what the hell have you been up to dude snowman i'm 2-1 u biotch haha

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

WK 10 will rule the world. Calling it right now. It'll be the best show of 2016 and it'll set the bar very, veeerryy high.

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score
What the heck are you guys smokin'? Or ingesting?

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well, wwe will have really crappy start this year, little to know RR promotion, I feel like I'm just watching paint dry for living now

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Well, wwe will have really crappy start this year, little to know RR promotion, I feel like I'm just watching paint dry for living now

Was totally expecting a Vince mugshot meme as your response. :Mugshot::smirk2:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
OIC. Lookin' forward to it. Make it a good one! :Mugshot: