RAW January 25th, 2016 [Live Discussion]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
LIVE Discussion is taking place in Chat! Click here to join and discuss!
proxy.php

When:
United States: LIVE, Monday Night, January 25, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, January 26, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Where:
AmericanAirlines Arena
Miami, FL

Raw Five-Point Preview: Jan. 25, 2016
20160125_Thumbnail_RawPreview_TripleH_TuneIn.jpg

The Authority always has a plan. In the 2016 Royal Rumble Match last night, Triple H returned to action by entering the bout at No. 30, eliminating Roman Reigns and capturing the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. How will this shakeup affect The Road to WrestleMania, which continues tonight on Raw?

1. Time to play The Game
20160124_TripleH_RR2016.jpg

After consecutively tossing Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose over the top rope in the tense final moments of the Royal Rumble Match, Triple H became a 14-time WWE World Heavyweight Champion, punching his ticket to the main event of this year’s WrestleMania. As The Game celebrated with his wife, Stephanie McMahon, and his calculating father-in-law, Mr. McMahon, The Cerebral Assassin also reveled in the demise of The Big Dog’s Show of Shows dreams.

View match photos | Royal Rumble exclusives

Now that The Authority is once in possession of sports-entertainment’s crown jewel, how will Triple H and the rest of the McMahon family celebrate on Raw? Plus, now that The Game has returned to WWE for the first time since Reigns sent him to the hospital more than a month ago, what’s going through the defeated Big Dog’s mind?

2. What will be AJ Styles’ next move?
rr2016_fb_styles_post.jpg

The Royal Rumble Match is always full of surprise entrants, and no participant in last night’s over-the-top-rope melee was more surprising than the world-renowned AJ Styles. Following weeks of global speculation about his WWE status, The Phenomenal One entered the bout at No. 3, and went on to eliminate the imposing Rusev and the arrogant Tyler Breeze before he was tossed over the top rope by Kevin Owens after 28 minutes of battle.

Following his successful and jaw-dropping Royal Rumble Match appearance, might the worldwide sensation emerge once again on Raw?

3. Mask hysteria
rr2016_kalisto_exclufb_02.jpg

In yet another exciting upset, Kalisto conquered Alberto Del Rio to reclaim the United States Championship at last night’s Royal Rumble event — a victory that was as dazzling as it was inspirational.

Long after the “Lucha, Lucha, Lucha!” chants subsided in Orlando’s Amway Center, the masked marvel still has WWE fans around the world buzzing. How will Kalisto keep his incredible momentum going on Raw — and how will Del Rio and The League of Nations attempt to exact revenge on the two-time United States Champion?

4. Is Sasha Banks our next Divas Champion?
145_RR_01242016jg_0820.jpg

Making it abundantly clear that she craves the spotlight that Charlotte has enjoyed over the last several months, Sasha Banks boldly interrupted the Divas Champion’s victory celebration last night at Royal Rumble. After kicking Becky Lynch in the stomach and sending her out of the ring, The Boss turned her attention to Charlotte, feigning an alliance with her fellow NXT alumna before locking the titleholder in the Bank Statement.

Even though Charlotte was able to repel The Irish Lass Kicker last night, thanks in no small part to her kiss stealin’, coat tossin’ dad Ric Flair, it was Sasha’s name that was on everyone’s lips at the end of the night. How will Charlotte — and Becky Lynch, for that matter — respond to The Boss’ brazen actions?

5. Of buzzards and Beasts
177_RR_01242016ej_0834.jpg

It took four members of The Wyatt Family and a flagrant abuse of the no disqualification nature of theRoyal Rumble Match, but Brock Lesnar was sent tumbling over the top rope last night, preventing The Beast Incarnate from striding into WrestleMania with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship around his waist.

Now that The Eater of Worlds and his flock have beaten the unstoppable Lesnar for the time being, who will feel their wrath next?

Don’t miss Raw at 8/7 C on USA Network, and be sure to tune in to Raw Pre-Show at 7:30 ET, only on the award-winning WWE Network.​

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The AJ Styles hype! Too bad we'll start off with a 30 minute long Authority-Reigns promo.

Also hoping for Bryan to come back. Not sure what I want more, for him to come back and set up a dream match with the likes of Styles (but I assume he'll fight Owens at WM32) or to have Triple H go on a power trip, trying to beat everyone up on the roster with the League of Nations, only for Bryan to return and we build up to The End of the Authority II: Electric Boogaloo.

Stardust teased that he could go back to Cody on twitter, hopefully that happens and we build up to Cody vs Stardust.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The AJ Styles hype! Too bad we'll start off with a 30 minute long Authority-Reigns promo.

Also hoping for Bryan to come back. Not sure what I want more, for him to come back and set up a dream match with the likes of Styles (but I assume he'll fight Owens at WM32) or to have Triple H go on a power trip, trying to beat everyone up on the roster with the League of Nations, only for Bryan to return and we build up to The End of the Authority II: Electric Boogaloo.

Stardust teased that he could go back to Cody on twitter, hopefully that happens and we build up to Cody vs Stardust.

Cody vs Stardust? :Rollins:

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Remember how awesome the post-Summerslam Raw from last year was (the one that featured the debut of Braun Strowman)? Hopefully the one we get tonight is of similar quality. Not only is the Road to Wrestlemania officially underway, but word is WWE wants to make Fast Lane a special event, since they want people to start perceiving the last PPV before Wrestlemania as a big deal again.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
First RAW I'm semi looking forward to for my man AJ Styles. Assuming Zayn vs Owens feud is for Mania and Styles will get thrown into the IC title or US title mix. Idk.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I'ma watch the first hour, we should at least get Triple H, or Ambrose, or Styles, idk. I'm out when X-Files is on.

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5