RAW December 22nd, 2015 Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
20141217_RawPreview_LIGHT_xmas-hp-logo.jpg

Ho Ho Hogan takes the reins of a special Christmas edition of Raw! What holiday surprises will be unwrapped, and which Superstars will get coal in their stocking? Join WWE.com as we preview this holiday extravaganza.

Check out tonight's episode airing live from the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

1.) Santa with muscles

You better watch out, you better not cry, you better take your vitamins, we’re telling you why: Ho Ho Hogan is coming to Raw, brother!

The holiday season hits WWE’s flagship show with the full force of an Atomic Leg Drop this week, and we can only imagine what this muscle-bound bearer of yuletide cheer has in his gift bag, jack. Start decking those halls, because Santamania is about to run wild!

2.) What’s Rollins planning for Cena?

On SuperSmackDown LIVE last week, Seth Rollins confirmed that he indeed colluded with Paul Heyman and WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar on Raw, a revelation that does not bode well for John Cena as he prepares to challenge The Anomaly for sports-entertainment’s richest prize at Royal Rumble.

Lesnar’s return left the Cenation leader battered at the conclusion of last week’s Raw, an attack that allowed Mr. Money in the Bank to defeat Cena in the night’s Steel Cage Match main event. After showing he’s not afraid to make deals with the devil, how will Rollins continue to make Cena’s life miserable in the weeks leading up to the 15-time World Champion’s ultimate clash with The Beast Incarnate?

Meanwhile, after Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler picked up a huge victory over Rollins in SuperSmackDown LIVE’s main event, will the former Authority standard-bearer also be looking for payback against The Showoff this week?

3.) The war is far from over

After a short-circuiting monitor robbed Dean Ambrose of a definitive victory over Bray Wyatt in the hellacious Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match at WWE TLC, The Lunatic Fringe has been a man possessed, fueled by the fact that he saw fear in Wyatt’s eyes during the wince-inducing final moments of that confrontation. Ambrose, meanwhile, wasn’t afraid of the pain — he actually enjoyed it.

After putting each other through absolute hell, the madmen battled in another chaotic bout Wednesday night: a Boot Camp Match at WWE Tribute to the Troops. Once again, both unhinged Superstars utterly unleashed on one another, but this time it was Ambrose who would savor victory on the battlefield. How will Wyatt seek vengeance this week?

4.) Can The Big Guy rebound?

Ryback has been on a tear recently, defeating the seasoned veteran Kane in a Chairs Match at WWE TLC and bravely confronting the seemingly unbeatable United States Champion Rusev the following night on Raw. However, The Big Guy suffered his first major setback since returning to WWE when The Super Athlete assaulted Ryback on the stage before his scheduled SuperSmackDown LIVE match against Seth Rollins.

After being ambushed by Rusev last Tuesday night, the ravenous goliath is no doubt hungry for retribution against The Hero of the Russian Federation. Will we see Ryback feast on Rusev this week on Raw, or has the United States Champion already deterred his latest threat?

5.) Reigns’ rampage continues

At WWE TLC, Roman Reigns returned to even the odds for John Cena during the Cenation leader’s Tables Match against Seth Rollins, eliminating the threat of Big Show and nailing Mr. Money in the Bank with a Superman Punch that allowed Cena to pick up the win.

After once again repelling the giant on Raw and defeating Fandango on SuperSmackDown LIVE — his first match since September — Reigns continues toward the 2015 Royal Rumble Match with all of the momentum of a speeding train. Who will be unfortunate enough to get in “The Big Dog’s” way this week?

Don’t miss Raw at 8/7 CT on USA Network, and be sure to tune in to Raw Pre-Show at 7:30 ET, only on WWE Network!​

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Of all the terrible eps of Raw, you can count on the X Mas special to take the cake for worst show of the year.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Of all the terrible eps of Raw, you can count on the X Mas special to take the cake for worst show of the year.
Most likely, that's been my thoughts for the last couple of X-Mas specials they've done.. Realistically there's probably some episodes that were worse than what this one will turn out to be but since this has a "memorable gimmick" attached to it as opposed to a standard RAW ep. I can only imagine this one will be an obvious choice for worst episode.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I was going to ramble on about how boring this show will be before watching it but then realized it was the Christmas edition. Now I stand by the point that it will be even worse than that.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Another crappy episode that I can't wait to watch! :woohoo:

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yeah, these Christmas episodes of Raw are always crappy no matter what.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
If tonight wasn't free pool night at the bar the sad thing is I'd probably be watching this show.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I don't know, there may be some positives. There are supposed to be Reigns versus the Big Show and Ambrose versus Wyatt in a street fight,

The positive with Ambrose and Wyatt being that I think they have good matches. The positive with Show and Reigns being it is less likely that they'll have it on Royal Rumble if it's tonight. It's not a feud I see resulting in many matches.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Why is the prefix spoiler?
Anyway, it's fair to say tonight they're going to announce Edge and Christian as next week's RAW guest host. May be just Edge, but we'll see.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I don't know, there may be some positives. There are supposed to be Reigns versus the Big Show and Ambrose versus Wyatt in a street fight,

The positive with Ambrose and Wyatt being that I think they have good matches. The positive with Show and Reigns being it is less likely that they'll have it on Royal Rumble if it's tonight. It's not a feud I see resulting in many matches.

There'll be some positives, I am sure. Ambrose/Wyatt is one of the very few reasons I keep watching it.

Here's to hoping they let Reigns put the giant out of his misery before the Rumble, though.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Why is the prefix spoiler?
Anyway, it's fair to say tonight they're going to announce Edge and Christian as next week's RAW guest host. May be just Edge, but we'll see.

If they do make that announcement, I think it'll be both E&C as GMs. But anyways, it's gonna be great seeing 'em back no matter their role!

Hopefully they'll stop having all these random guest hosts heading into 2015. Just bring back The Authority, FFS.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
If they do make that announcement, I think it'll be both E&C as GMs. But anyways, it's gonna be great seeing 'em back no matter their role!

Hopefully they'll stop having all these random guest hosts heading into 2015. Just bring back The Authority, FFS.
I consider guest host and GM the same thing at this point. lol

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I consider guest host and GM the same thing at this point. lol

Well, of course.

But we all get the gist of it, having all these different guest hosts/GMs each week is pretty darn pointless.

Bring back The Authority, Cena! :please-54:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I won't be watching this live, but I'll watch it tomorrow for sure.

Just wanted to say... Enjoy the show, boys and gals! :pity: