RAW August 25th, 2014 Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
39b5e0c9003170766142236760152df0.png

Where?:
Honda Center - Anaheim, California
When in the US?
LIVE Monday August 25th, 2014 at 8/7c on the USA Network
When in the UK?
LIVE Tuesday August 26th, 2014 at 1 AM on SkySportsHD3

Preview
48f4a45d7f58b4ac600daec49e1bcc8e.jpg

The WWE Universe is still buzzing about the brutal beating John Cena suffered at the hands of Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam. To kick off Raw, WWE Hall of Famers Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair will be in the house to weigh in on the upcoming Brock-Cena rematch at Night of Champions. And following a week of relative silence for the normally outspoken Superstar, Cena will be at Raw to address the WWE Universe. What else awaits? WWE.com offers some theories and predictions.

WWE Hall of Fame Forum
a999d4a758b739c2cb893241e45a32ea.jpg

Immediately following Raw Pre-Show on WWE Network, catch a very special and rare WWE Hall of Fame Forum, featuring Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair LIVE at Raw. Hear their predictions for the upcoming Cena vs. Lesnar World Title rematch at Night of Champions on Sept. 21. After Lesnar’s dominating offense, does anyone believe Cena stands a chance against The Beast Incarnate? Who thinks Cena has it in him to dethrone the new champion? Get exclusive analysis of the huge pay-per-view rematch from sports-entertainment's most decorated legends.

I'm kicking off [HASHTAG]#Raw[/HASHTAG] on Monday night at 8pm! Brock is a beast, but @JohnCena is MY MAN. We're talking REMATCH.

— Ric Flair® (@RicFlairNatrBoy) August 23, 2014
You can't bring legends together w/o me brother.Got some stuff to say about MY champ @JohnCena, see you Hulkamaniacs at [HASHTAG]#Raw[/HASHTAG] on Monday HH

— Hulk Hogan (@HulkHogan) August 23, 2014
Y'all just keep pullin' me back! 'Ol HBShizzle will be on [HASHTAG]#Raw[/HASHTAG] Monday night. We're talking@JohnCena/@BrockLensar rematch!! Yee-Haw!!!

— Shawn Michaels (@ShawnMichaels) August 23, 2014

Cena Addresses SummerSlam Mauling
45f71e9e27b5ad36884c17880244dc49.jpg
John Cena didn’t have a chance. At SummerSlam, one of the most resilient Superstars in history was utterly ravaged by Brock Lesnar, a monster who maliciously toyed with Cena’s barely-conscious form for what seemed like an eternity before finally finishing off his prey with an F-5. “Hustle, Loyalty and Respect,” it seemed, was no match for Lesnar’s superhuman cruelty. Now, as WWE World Heavyweight Champion, The Beast Incarnate rules WWE without mercy, without compassion and without an ounce of remorse.

Last week on WWE Main Event, exclusively on WWE Network, Triple H announced that Cena will be exercising his rematch clause against Lesnar at Night of Champions. Is this a wise move on Cena’s part? With his SummerSlam beating fresh in his mind, Cena will address his upcoming collision with the ring’s most dangerous competitor.

World's Strongest Patriot
fbc87a4ef95b8fba74769bb4aab94f0a.jpg

The Hall of Pain might have to open an international wing. As Lana was boasting about Rusev’s SummerSlam Flag Match victory over Jack Swagger last week on Raw, imposing former U.S. Olympian Mark Henry defended Old Glory by taking down “The Hero of the Russian Federation” with a thunderous World’s Strongest Slam that you could have probably felt in Moscow.

No Superstar from any nation has been able to defeat Rusev by pinfall or submission, but The Bulgarian Brute has never faced anyone quite like The World’s Strongest Man. Will Henry make The Ravishing Russian eat her words by humbling the so-called “super athlete”? Regardless, expect an international incident this week on Raw.
An All New Nikki?
6f1e0a0bff6b827013eacea22db713f4.jpg
Last week, Nikki Bella severed her relationship with her sister Brie in a stunning act of betrayal. She cost her twin a huge match against Stephanie McMahon at SummerSlam, then went on to lambaste Brie on Raw before sending her sister to the canvas with a forceful slap.

Without her sister by her side, the bitter Bella has already reaped success, having defeated Emma on WWE Main Event last Tuesday night. How will Nikki’s new attitude pay off this week? Furthermore, will Brie be able to rebound in light of this Bella Twins rift?

Rollins Makes Ambrose Hit The Bricks
b654baba7ede16344c30ad0e902e4240.jpg

At the conclusion of one of the craziest Falls Count Anywhere Matches in Raw history last Monday night, Seth Rollins forced the referee to stop the bout when he Curb Stomped Dean Ambrose onto a pile of cinder blocks. Thanks in no small part to an assist from Kane, Mr. Money in the Bank sent his nemesis out of the arena on a stretcher and, to date, Ambrose’s whereabouts are unknown.

Having dispatched the perennial thorn in his side, where does Rollins go from here? Does he dare attempt to cash in his Money in the Bank contract on WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar? Will he aim to crush another Superstar under his combat boot to assert himself as WWE’s dominant rising star? Now that Ambrose appears to be out of his two-toned hair, look for Rollins’ hot streak to continue this week.

Don’t miss Raw this Monday at 8/7 CT on USA Network, and be sure to tune in to WWE Network for Raw Pre-Show at 7:30 ET and Backstage Pass immediately following Raw.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I'm expecting a typical RAW where one can expect dancing, laughing and pandering.
I expect a shade of discontent where most, if not all, give an average performance.
Receiving the biggest rub of the night, the superstar WWE is getting behind will be the WWE Network.

For just $9.99 you can view original content as well as every PPV ever made! Did you know every PPV ever made includes Wrestlemania???

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
August 25th will mark the twelve year anniversary since Brock Lesnar won his first WWE Championship. Wonder if that'll be given a quick mention on the panel.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Those cinder blocks were made out of Styrofoam from what the sheets are saying.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I must have forgotten. Paul Heyman is likely to come out and elaborate just how dominate Brock Lesnar is.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I must have forgotten. Paul Heyman is likely to come out and elaborate just how dominate Brock Lesnar is.
The more you find it annoying and repetitive the more WWE and Paul Heyman know they're doing their job.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
The more you find it annoying and repetitive the more WWE and Paul Heyman know they're doing their job.
The more annoying and repetitive I find it the more often I don't watch at all.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The more annoying and repetitive I find it the more often I don't watch at all.
Paul Heyman's promos are one of if not the only reason to watch. It's his job to put over Brock Lesnar, and he does it very well. Paul Heyman has the same concept in his promos but he is a wordsmith that's not only perfected his craft but gave it a new meaning.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Paul Heyman's promos are one of if not the only reason to watch. It's his job to put over Brock Lesnar, and he does it very well. Paul Heyman has the same concept in his promos but he is a wordsmith that's not only perfected his craft but gave it a new meaning.
The only reason I watch at all is for social purposes. The fact every promo has the same concept is all the more reason it's easy to miss.
Saying he does it very well is an excuse for not admitting something is stale.
Monday Night RAW markets itself very well, but that doesn't make it any less stale. We could down the line with this.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The only reason I watch at all is for social purposes. The fact every promo has the same concept is all the more reason it's easy to miss.
Saying he does it very well is an excuse for not admitting something is stale.
Monday Night RAW markets itself very well, but that doesn't make it any less stale. We could down the line with this.
Monday Night RAW doesn't have an interesting topic to market itself around. Brock Lesnar is ever evolving in WWE at the moment. The greatest year he's ever had in his pro sports career. Paul Heyman has something to talk about every time Lesnar wins a match. Yeah it has a few of the same lines in thei but his promos are like "Same bowl different cereal" thing. If you want a manager to have a fresh and GOOD promo every week you won't find it pro wrestling.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Brock Lesnar is ever evolving in WWE at the moment.
I can't believe you actually typed that to be honest.
I don't expect a manager to give a promo every week, at all. Lesnar's absence demands Heyman speak, weekly.
It would be less redundant if the commentary and Heyman took turns bi-monthly putting Lesnar over.
Given the circumstances, why not have HHH or Kane do so or any other member of the Authority for that matter.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I can't believe you actually typed that to be honest.
I don't expect a manager to give a promo every week, at all. Lesnar's absence demands Heyman speak, weekly.
It would be less redundant if the commentary and Heyman took turns bi-monthly putting Lesnar over.
Given the circumstances, why not have HHH or Kane do so or any other member of the Authority for that matter.
HHH has come out every Monday and shot out the same shit for almost a year and you would chose HHH over Heyman?

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
HHH has come out every Monday and shot out the same shit for almost a year and you would chose HHH over Heyman?
Firstly, I don't find HHH as redundant because he tends to vary the premise of his promo work.
Heyman is more emotional but he's stuck promoting numskull jobbers who can't breathe on the stick.
I'm asking for Brock's rubbing to vary from person to person and not just limit to Paul Heyman.
It's irritating either way, but Lesnar will come stronger better if multiple people are giving him a rub.

As for your question, HHH is an executive. His promos have meaning and usually foretell events strongly.
Heyman's only tells us what we already now, why do I need to hear it from him?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker