RAW August 1st, 2016 [Live Discussion]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
LIVE Discussion is taking place in Chat! Click here to join and discuss!
RAW_2016--416ea067de2b9af2ec376b1f00ca6c61.png

When:
United States: LIVE, Monday Night, August 1, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, August 2, at 1AM on Sky Sports 5 HD

Where:
Philips Arena
Atlanta, GA

Raw preview, Aug. 1, 2016: Brock Lesnar enters The New Era
20160726_RAW_Brock--535b8afd850734ebc3c21f684d5f881d.jpg

Making his first WWE appearance since his victory over Dean Ambrose at WrestleMania 32, Brock Lesnar returns to Raw to wreak havoc on anyone in his way. Who or what will The Beast Incarnate destroy en route to his clash with Randy Orton at SummerSlam? Plus, how will Raw Commissioner Stephanie McMahon and Raw General Manager Mick Foley gain an edge over SmackDown Live this week?

Who will suffer Brock Lesnar’s wrath?
265_WM32_04022016MM_2582--fded9bc2f6ff0fb74072683acc36918e.jpg

We haven’t seen Brock Lesnar in a WWE ring since he defeated Dean Ambrose in a No Holds Barred Street Fight at this year’s WrestleMania, and The Beast Incarnate won’t wait until he battles Randy Orton at SummerSlam to make his presence felt in WWE’s New Era. Live in Atlanta, The Anomaly brings his menace to Raw.

Even though The Viper has slithered his way to SmackDown Live, Orton will be paying close attention to whatever Lesnar has in store. Raw General Manager Mick Foley will definitely have his hands full keeping the peace Monday night, when The Anomaly enters The New Era for the first time.

Will Seth Rollins halt the rise of Finn Bálor?

20160725_raw_reignsbalor--a68a824482a8f3b7bb9110a6f0e3fa05.jpg

On his first night as a Raw Superstar – and on his birthday, no less – Finn Bálor defeated three elite Superstars in a Fatal 4-Way Match, withstood the might of Roman Reigns and stood victorious at the end of the night, earning the right to face Seth Rollins in the first-ever WWE Universal Championship Match at SummerSlam.

WWE.com captured footage of Rollins witnessing Bálor’s main event victory over The Big Dog, and The Architect was uncharacteristically silent as the enigmatic Irishman celebrated. Does this quiet contemplation mean Rollins is confident about his upcoming clash with Raw’s hottest newcomer, or is he apprehensive about standing across the ring from Bálor? Expect to hear from Rollins this Monday night.

What’s next for The Boss?
20160725_raw_sasha--c69cddd0d852efbabe6b25644751c07d.jpg

In one of the most emotional championship victories in the history of Raw, Sasha Banks made Charlotte submit to the Bank Statement this past Monday night to capture the WWE Women’s Title. The victory was a testament to The Boss’ tenacity and desire to lead the Women’s division in The New Era.

Charlotte is likely anxious to reclaim the prize she held for an impressive 113 days, and the imposing Dana Brooke likely factors into whatever strategy she’s devising. Is a rematch in the cards?

Who will face Braun Strowman?
20160725_raw_braun--c70d07d716c67c9d1e18177f4ee9a448.jpg

Last Monday night, local competitor James Ellsworth thought he had a fighting chance against the imposing Braun Strowman … he was wrong. The near-400 pound goliath utterly demolished his smaller foe in a shocking show of force, punctuated by a rarely seen reverse chokeslam, proving that The New Era just might be his for the taking.

Undoubtedly, Strowman will look to continue his dominance Monday night in Atlanta, but will anyone be brave enough — or foolish enough — to stand across the ring from this monster?

Will The New Day rebound against Gallows & Anderson?
20160725_raw_newday--d3c65a62eed26a766ca5b3229e2c6a5e.jpg

They’re the longest-reigning WWE Tag Team Champions in history, Booty-O’s cereal is now available at FYE.com and they have an honorary fourth member named “Sonny Boy.” But why aren’t Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods & Big E still celebrating? For that, you can blame Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson, who crashed The New Day’s party last Monday and laid out the WWE Tag Team Champions in a savage show of force.

Despite their penchant for fun and games, The New Day won’t be joking around when it comes to their response to Gallows & Anderson’s brutality this Monday night in Atlanta.

Tune in to Raw at 8/7 C on USA Network, and be sure to tune in to Raw Pre-Show at 7:30 ET on all digital platforms.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I honestly can't fucking wait to see raw again. Not too often has that been said lately lol.

Interested in seeing where things go this week. Hopefully they bring that ellsworth guy in sometime down the road like another Zach gowan lol

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Looking forward to the show myself. Last week's show was freakin' great, so hopefully they keep up with good work!

Reactions: Gman003

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
What I'd like to see happen: James Ellsworth has another squash match this week, but with Lesnar as his opponent

What probably will happen: Heath Slater will come and do his [HASHTAG]#SignHeathSlater[/HASHTAG] campaign, only for Lesnar to come in and destroy him

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
What I'd like to see happen: James Ellsworth has another squash match this week, but with Lesnar as his opponent

What probably will happen: Heath Slater will come and do his [HASHTAG]#SignHeathSlater[/HASHTAG] campaign, only for Lesnar to come in and destroy him

Yeah, probably.

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that when Brock Lesnar returns to Raw tomorrow in Atlanta, GA, his first WWE appearance since WrestleMania 32, he won't be alone.

"We are told Paul Heyman is scheduled for WWE TV and will be in Atlanta (if he isn't already, as he was spotted at an airport today in NYC) with Lesnar. There had been some question of Heyman's WWE status as he wasn't listed alongside Lesnar during the WWE Draft a few weeks ago, but sources have told us he is scheduled for Raw."

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that when Brock Lesnar returns to Raw tomorrow in Atlanta, GA, his first WWE appearance since WrestleMania 32, he won't be alone.

"We are told Paul Heyman is scheduled for WWE TV and will be in Atlanta (if he isn't already, as he was spotted at an airport today in NYC) with Lesnar. There had been some question of Heyman's WWE status as he wasn't listed alongside Lesnar during the WWE Draft a few weeks ago, but sources have told us he is scheduled for Raw."

Heyman wasn't listed alongside Lesnar during the draft apparently because his contract was up and at the time, they haven't agreed to it yet.

But hopefully, he's re-signed with the company and will be on RAW next week along with Brock.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Great news on Paul Heyman, I can't really see Lesnar cutting a promo by himself again because of how awesome Heyman is.

If the RAW writers are gonna follow up good on last weeks show they gotta put Balor in a match against someone like Zayn or Owens which will produce a classic as always. Make sure Strowman and Nia Jax continue with the squashes, and build the New Day/Club feud. We need progression in the women's title feud and something for Rusev too.

I'm not expecting an amazing Raw again but I am expecting progression

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I won't be in the LD tonight, but I'll be sure to watch RAW first thing in the morning.

Hopefully it's a good show.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler