• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RAW August 18th, 2014 live discussion

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
wara.png

When:
United States: LIVE, Monday Night, August 18th, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, August 19th, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Where:
Thomas & Mack Center
Las Vegas, NV

RAW Five-Point Review:
b664e3f084f93e4b39d1fd903ca35d2b.jpg

2014 might very well be the year of Brock Lesnar. At WrestleMania, The Beast Incarnate did the impossible and ended The Undertaker’s legendary undefeated streak at The Show of Shows. Last night at SummerSlam, Lesnar gave John Cena a one-sided beating to become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

On Raw, what could very well come to be known as the “Lesnar Era” continues. What will happen 24 hours after a new ruler ascended to WWE’s throne? WWE.com places some bets before Monday night’s hottest show rolls into Las Vegas.

1.The Beast is here!:
40d495e2b1026c505bd13628d7a0a9c8.jpg

Paul Heyman promised that Brock Lesnar would “feast” on John Cena’s WWE World Heavyweight Title at SummerSlam, and The Beast Incarnate gorged himself at night’s end. Now that the conqueror hasvanquished this generation’s most indomitable Superstar, what’s next for Lesnar? Also, will Cena respond to his crushing defeat in The Biggest Fight of the Summer?

2.Et tu, Nikki:
189cb207b4b352481e66f8cc01ad5cae.jpg

The Bella Twins used to fool opponents with their strategic use of “Twin Magic,” but there was nothing magical about what transpired at SummerSlam during Brie Bella’s emotionally charged clash with Stephanie McMahon. Following weeks of Stephanie’s underhanded attacks and cruel mind games, it was Brie’s own flesh and blood that would ensure the “Total Divas” star’s defeat in Los Angeles with a surprise attack. How will Nikki explain her unfathomable actions toward her twin sister?

3.Buzzards circle Hollywood:
b5721bbaef116ec6fe7a97fbed49ec62.jpg

Even though Chris Jericho had banished Erick Rowan & Luke Harper from ringside during his anticipated rematch against Bray Wyatt, legions of Jerichoholics witnessed Y2J fall victim to Sister Abigail’s kiss, spelling defeat for the charismatic Superstar in his most barbaric battle with The Eater of Worlds to date. Will Jericho attain retribution against the backwater preacher on Raw, or will “The Man of 1,000 Truths” seek out a new target tonight?

4.Rise of Roman's empire:
9648a68fec2eb8c7a80a98cdd3aba607.jpg

Does WWE have a new “apex predator”? After Roman Reigns’ incredible victory over Randy Orton at SummerSlam, it seems as though the powerhouse is destined for championship glory in the near future. However, it’s equally likely that The Viper has some unfinished business with Reigns. As Orton reels following his SummerSlam defeat, expect some serious backlash against Reigns or whoever else gets in his way.

5.Corporate espionage:
35a6619441ebcce9377a9e1f6fcd9e7c.jpg

Kane might have again traded his demonic mask for corporate garb, but the brute has lost none of his malice in the transition. At SummerSlam, Kane’s interference and the ensuing brawl prevented Dean Ambrose from getting even with Seth Rollins, allowing Mr. Money in the Bank to score a tainted victory over his former partner. Denied satisfaction in last night’s Lumberjack Match, the unstable Ambrose will be looking for payback, but who will he go after first, Kane or Rollins?

Don’t miss Raw tonight at 8/7 CT on USA Network, and be sure to tune in to WWE Network for Raw Pre-Show at 7:30 ET!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Tbh I'm more hyped for this RAW then I was for the actual PPV, no discredit to the PPV or anything but I think this will be a very good RAW if creative allows it to be so :p

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Makes me wish I could watch it live and comment tonight. I'll add to it on Wednesday I guess. Should be an interesting episode to say the least.

No mention of Ziggler as the new IC champ? That was the result I marked hardest for on this PPV TBH

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I think just about everyone new Lesnar would win though. I mean come on. Against Undertaker - yes, you were right when just about everyone thought Taker would win. Good for you. :bodallas:

But this time around pretty much everyone thought Cena would lose. So your prediction means marginally less this time around.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
What are you spouting?

Brock Lesnar winning the titles was evident the second after SummerSlam 2013. He had beaten CM Punk, He had beaten and "broken" the arm of Triple H twice. If you want to say you called that, than I'm fine but it's not like anyone expected to see Brock Lesnar leave without the championships. The greatest predictions in this thing was "Who's he gonna kill." and "Who's he gonna drop it to."

I'll give you credit on Paige and Undertaker, but I doubt anyone here thought Cena was leaving Champion.

(Also...You might try to separate the boasting and the sentence with some punctuation.)