RAW April 21st, 2014 Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Sd0ih.png

When:
United States: LIVE, Monday Night, April 21, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, April 22, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Where:
Baltimore Arena
Baltimore, MD​

RAW Five-Point Review:
f032b8151c298d39ceddbf98db0b3931.jpg
WWE.com said:
Oh, how times have changed. When last we saw Daniel Bryan, he was celebrating a career-defining WWE World Heavyweight Championship win at WrestleMania 30 and a series of defiant victories over The Authority. Now, the honeymoon has seemingly ended in many ways for the newly wedded Bryan, who returns to a WWE Universe where monsters dwell and Evolution rules all. What awaits the “Yes!” Man and the rest of the roster less than two weeks before Extreme Rules? WWE.com offers an early glimpse at things to come.​

1. Evil Awakened
UMWti7o.png
WWE.com said:
Stephanie McMahon might not have created a monster when she goaded Kane into embracing his darker side last Monday night, but she definitely brought it out of hiding. Donning the mask that’s been associated with some of sports-entertainments’ most nightmarish acts, WWE’s diabolical Director of Operations savagely assaulted Big Show after WWE Main Event went off the air last Tuesday night on WWE Network, proving that The Devil’s Favorite Demon had truly returned.

With a bone-chilling mission to demolish Daniel Bryan on The Authority’s behalf, what havoc will The Big Red Monster unleash on the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion?​

2. Crossing the line(in the sand)
8f9ac059c9504c2c918b43d5f5198342.jpg
WWE.com said:
“In life, you either adapt or you perish. That is Evolution.” —Triple H

Last Wednesday on WWE.com, Triple H issued an ultimatum to The Shield: Either the trio grovels at The Game’s feet and apologizes for their recent defiance against The Authority or they face continued consequences for their actions. After relative radio silence from The Hounds of Justice, The Cerebral Assassin announced on SmackDown that it would be the reunited Evolution vs. Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins at Extreme Rules in a Six-Man Tag Team Match.

With The Shield no doubt still recovering from a vicious beat down at the hands of Triple H, Randy Orton & Batista last week, will Rollins, Reigns & Ambrose re-emerge on Raw to confront their Extreme Rules opponents?

3. Big E bracketology
47aa0a9f53835bae3835814e8bcbbe22.jpg

WWE.com said:
In the semi-finals of the Intercontinental Championship No. 1 Contender’s Tournament taking place on this week’s Raw, it will be Rob Van Dam vs. Cesaro and Sheamus vs. Bad News Barrett. The winners will advance to a final round to determine who will face reigning titleholder Big E at Extreme Rules in less than two weeks.

Few have known RVD over the years quite like ECW mastermind Paul Heyman, the architect behind the end of The Undertaker’s Streak and the vocal advocate of “The King of Swing,” Cesaro. Despite their prior association in Extreme Championship Wrestling, there will be no love lost between Van Dam and Heyman as an Intercontinental Championship opportunity at Extreme Rules hangs in the balance. As for The Celtic Warrior and Barrett, it will be a true battle of brawlers as Sheamus pits his punishing Brogue Kick against the formidable Bad News elbow. Who will survive the next round of this single-elimination tournament?

4. Tamina's time?
3cdee9e1b15c3cc2943f194e47fc272f.jpg

WWE.com said:
On last week’s edition of WWE Main Event on WWE Network, Tamina Snuka outlasted nine other Divas in an intensely competitive Battle Royal, earning the right to challenge newcomer Paige for the Divas Championship at Extreme Rules.

As the muscled enforcer of prior titleholder AJ Lee — who held the butterfly-emblazoned prize for a record 295 days — Tamina has long been in the presence of the Divas Championship. Now, however, she looks to rise to the top of the Divas division on her own. Will Tamina continue to assert her dominance this week on Raw? Also, what challenges face the 21-year-old Paige in the lead-up to her first title defense?​

5. Extreme measures
2c02bb315845ec8dc3ca47a273df298f.jpg
WWE.com said:
With a little help from some doctored images, John Cena had a bit of fun at The Wyatt Family’s expense last Monday night, but the jokes ceased when the Cenation leader threw down the most serious of challenges: Extreme Rules. Cena vs. Wyatt. Steel Cage.

The Eater of Worlds, who has vowed to go “to new extremes” since Cena defeated him at WrestleMania 30, was eerily giddy at the proposition of such a hellacious encounter.

With Cena and Wyatt’s anticipated Show of Shows rematch set to transpire in less than two weeks onWWE Network and pay-per-view, will “The Man of 1,000 Truths” gain a psychological advantage over the embodiment of “Hustle, Loyalty and Respect,” or will Cena’s virtue continue to counter Wyatt’s mind games?

Don’t miss Raw, Monday night at 8/7 CT on USA Network, and be sure to tune in to WWE Network for the Raw Pre-Show at 7:30 and Backstage Pass immediately following the show!

Click here for more info on WWE Network

Last edited:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
my doody meter's going crazy

this will be another shitty episode

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Expecting Evolution to open up. After their segment is done, I'm out!

Brosnar

Jobber
Reaction score
WWE's official Instagram account posted a picture of Adam Rose's bus and wrote that it had arrived in Baltimore, so I guess it's safe to assume that he's going to debut tonight.
I hope his entrance is as awesome as it is in NXT, and it would be a treat if he had his original music back.

Whilst I like the gimmick in NXT, I'm afraid that it'll wear thin very quickly each week on main TV and he'll fade into the background...

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
WWE's official Instagram account posted a picture of Adam Rose's bus and wrote that it had arrived in Baltimore, so I guess it's safe to assume that he's going to debut tonight.
I hope his entrance is as awesome as it is in NXT, and it would be a treat if he had his original music back.

Whilst I like the gimmick in NXT, I'm afraid that it'll wear thin very quickly each week on main TV and he'll fade into the background...
not sure what anyone expects but that to happen. this gimmick is nothing more than another Funkasaurus or fandickhole level of bs gimmick

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Man, I want evolution. Although, Bryan looks like he is going to cry.