Raw 3-7

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

trilogy

Reaction score
tonights raw is live tonight!!

cena to deliver the final knockout what could he mean?

Stoen cold is gonna also be live tonight..

what else could happen? watch and discuss live tonight

1chiban

Reaction score
Stone Cold to announce himself as the ref for the Cole-King match, perhaps? Granted it won't make much sense as Cole said he was picking the referee, but there we are.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Anyone else intrigued by WWE copyrighting Sheriff Austin last week?

trilogy

Reaction score
hmm jbl is back..and taker did a promo and otunga is punted..good raws leading to WM

Reaction score
I complained about last weeks Raw, but the build up was very, very good but the lack of wrestling was unsatisfying. This week had almost the same amount of wrestling, but the build up was just nearly perfect this week. And I kind of understand the mentality to what Raw is giving the viewers, it's very old school. Back in the days of WWF Primetime and Superstars, they'd spend even less time with the squash matches and it'd focus on interviews, promos and video packages for three months. I think WWE is very slow on even giving up tag matches to further feuds because they are under the "why give the milk away when we can sell them the cow" mentality in regards to Mania and it's really working. I know I can't wait for that show.

Everything was awesome, from Taker's opening promo, the Punk-Orton shit, JB FUCKING L returning to be stunned BY MOTHER FUCKING STONE COLD, Alberto Del Rio-Christian, Vickie (if any heel had the heat she can get, WWE would be on the upswing) Cena's "knock out punch" and the Miz is just looking fucking outstanding right now. And Sin Cara's vignette was pure fucking class, he's going to be huge. I really can't complain about the lack of wrestling, because the build up to Mania is borderline perfection.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I was not a fan of Cena's second rap, it was kinda lame. I did love the Shirt though. JoMo and Doph was great, Miz was meh as usual. He's an afterthought in all of this, which isn't how it should be. He was far from intimidating, no matter how hard he tried. I bet the average person thinks Rock is fighting Cena at Mania. The Cole promo was lame, he didn't "trick" anyone. Hell, he had to force them to chant Austin. It was great to see JBL and Austin though.

noumenon

Reaction score
WWE is so far from PG right now it's not even funny. So if anyone is bitching...they need to stop. Pearl necklace? Cmon.

Anyway. Miz is honestly a strong point in this whole feud. He's coming off perfectly, he's meant to look eclipsed by Cena and Rock, overlooked and underestimated. Every week he comes out of nowhere and looks more bad ass than the last. He's been doing a fantastic job here, they all have. Ya know... Rock just kinda needs to show up. Also, the shirt was completely priceless.

The Nexus angle is ridiculous, it's done nothing but made the entire stable look like pitiful jobbers. The fact that Nexus is even facing Orton kind of baffles me... Corre seemed like the completely logical and obvious choice in this one.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^It has made Cena look weak in knowing that he struggled with those guys and Orton has single-handedly taken them out.

noumenon

Reaction score
Technically Cena's Nexus was a far larger group... Barrett, Otunga, Slater, Gabriel, Harris, Mcgulicutty, Tarver and Skip and the situation he was in was completely different. He was jumped by every single one of them on a weekly basis and during most of the feud couldn't even touch them. When it did come down to Cena taking them out one by one he was quite successful. Orton has simply been taking them on in singles matches every week... anything other than a glorified squash would seem a bit hard to believe with how Orton has been built as of late. I do agree though it makes the stable look like complete garbage. Every time I see them it makes me cringe thinking of how they didn't even let Barrett's Nexus angle play out properly...culminate in title runs or anything. One of the most successful and interesting stables in WWE history booked to shit.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^No, I mean the Nexus vs. Cena crap from a month ago...

Kaedon

Reaction score
Yeah I can see that about the Nexus, in fact I was thinking it while watching but at the same time, it's not like he did what HHH did to Sheamus (which was meaningless btw) where it was this prolonged destruction, it was just a quick RKO, a move that takes almost no effort other than grabbing a guys head.

I dont think the Miz looks anymore bad ass at all, he looks like a gnat who's trying to get your attention.

The only thing REALLY good about Cena's promo was that shirt, that shit made me crack up. I didn't like this one though, it didn't flow as well as the last one and it just kinda plodded along, kinda like the Rock's second promo. To be fair, they set the bar really high though so who knows

noumenon

Reaction score
Cena's first rap was pretty damn good, perhaps he shouldn't have labeled this one as the "knockout blow" and we wouldn't have had such high expectations. The shirt was absolutely hilarious though, they need to start merchandising those things. Although he still does his whole over the top "Leave it to Cena" PG schtick he has been a whole lot more tolerable lately. I'm hoping for a good year for the guy... I think we'll be seeing a lot of him vs. Miz over 2011 as Miz seems to be pretty solidly slated as the company's new top heel.

Axis

Reaction score
Hype to Wrestlemania was pretty solid. Stone Cold getting arbitrarily thrown into a storyline a few weeks before 'Mania that has been building for five months is horribly lazy. This storyline is about Cole and Lawler; Stone Cold being thrown in does nothing for me but to distract from the main purpose.

noumenon

Reaction score
A-Ri honestly would have been far more appealing that SCSA in this scenario. Stack the deck against King and all of that. JR making a surprise return bring SCSA with him may have worked a little better. It does seem a bit sloppy at this point.