• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rave Reviews For Punk vs Bryan

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Several top wrestling names have chimed in with their opinions of the CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan match on Raw this week, and the reviews have all been positive:

Jim Ross: "Punk vs Bryan is a broadcaster's dream. They're making great music. Amazing match." "What I would have given to call that one. Had to stand to watch it"

Bret Hart: "Kudos to both @CMPunk and @WWEDanielBryan. Good match"

Joey Styles: "OK. I'll admit it. I would come out of retirement to call @CMPunk vs. @WWEDanielBryan. #BestInTheWorld"

William Regal: "Hello from lovely Omaha Nebraska. Very proud of @CMPunk and @WWEDanielBryan. Good lads.I hope my twins marry such lovely fellas."

Lance Storm: "@CMPunk and @WWEDanielBryan Thank you for giving me some great wrestling on my Sports Entertainment show.

I hope we get to see a feud between these two sometime later this year, it would be great and they'd put on great matches. Since it's gotten so much praise and I think it gained viewers, WWE would be stupid not to do it.

Just a shame Jericho ruined the match. :lmao

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I love how there was already so much story present between the two for just a match on Raw. If they fued sometime down the line, which I'm confident they will, the matches would be top notch and it wouldn't even take much to get the ball rolling.

In regards to the tweets, its gotta be an awesome feeling to hear Jim Ross tell you that it would be a dream for him to call your match, rather than the other way around. Also, you gotta love Regal.

PY.

Reaction score
I've yet to hear or read anyone say anything bad about the match. It also did gain 200k plus viewers so a feud between the two should happen in the future.

:lol: at Regal.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Was a really really good T.V match and would def love to see the two feud down the line to get some PPV matches. Just would make too much sense for them to feud.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Loved the match! I really hope that Bryan moves to RAW or something during the draft so we can actually see CM Punk vs Bryan. The both will be allowed to pull off what they want really, the flow in their match was done so well and if anybody hasn't seen their feud back in ROH, I suggest you do.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Wouldn't be a bit surprised if it held up for TV match of the year, even this early.

Chadillac

Reaction score
I've yet to hear or read anyone say anything bad about the match. It also did gain 200k plus viewers so a feud between the two should happen in the future.

:lol: at Regal.

Actually, that is considered very weak for that time slot. But atleast they didnt lose veiwers. Great match.

Johnny Ace

Reaction score
It was one hell of a match and I have yet heard one negative review from this match. All I can say, with all the talk about Jercho and Punk having an Iron Man match, save that, and let's see a 60 minute Iron Man match at SummerSlam between these 2.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It was a good match but did Joe Styles really wrote that? C'mooooon. If he'd retire to call this one, what would he do to call a match between, I don't know...Eddie Ewards and Daniel Bryan?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Not really a dig at the match or anything because it was very good, but all the guys who commented are very smarky types if you will. Would probably have meant tons more if just random guys on the roster like Cena, Orton etc commented on it.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Great match though I feel WWE were stupid to give it away to us for free on TV with little to no build. Sure they had the opening promo but it wasn't much and the fact it wasn't the main event kind of sucked. Also the un clean finished kinda killed things a little but hey like I said it was a great match just feel it coulda been even better. WWE should make this a PPV match in the future after a long feud and build, I'm sure they'd go 5 stars.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
These two had a good match but its good that they didn't have a clean winner just yet here's hoping they get to go at it again maybe at Summerslam so long as a title isn't on the line in the match.

PY.

Reaction score
I can't really see the two feuding over the summer since I can't see either or switching brands. Maybe this year at Bragging Rights they'll do more then the 12 man tag or whatever and Punk/Bryan feud.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
These two will have a great feud sometime this year. That match was excellent and I do think the fans would get into a feud. Viewers gained doesn't matter much to me because the match was announced during the show.