Rated R CMStar presents: World Wrestling Entertainment 2010

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

2010. A year already part of history as it will mark the return of the Monday Night Wars. Last year, we witness many things go down in World Wrestling Entertainment. "Anything can happen in the World Wrestling Entertainment", as Jim Ross once coined, became more than true in 2009. We saw the journey of one viper into destructing the most powerful family in sports entertainment. We saw the light of the charismatic enigma getting estinguished forever by the straightedge savior. We witnessed superstars return and even a billionaire making his way back to Monday Nights to buy...and sell Raw.

IED, crashing of homes, The Rise of the Irishmen, these and more formed 2009. What crazy ride will we embark on in the new year to come?

Monday Night Raw
Big Show
Carlito
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Masters
Cody Rhodes
Evan Bourne
Hornswoggle
Jack Swagger
John Cena
Kofi Kingston
Mark Henry
The Miz
MVP
Primo
Randy Orton
Santino Marella
Shawn Michaels
Sheamus
Ted DiBiase
Triple H

Alicia Fox
Brie Bella
Eve
Gail Kim
Jillian
Katie Lea
Kelly Kelly
Maryse
Melina
Nikki Bella

WWE Champion: Sheamus
WWE United States Champion: The Miz
WWE Divas Champion: Melina
WWE Undisputed Tag Team Champions: D-Generation X

ECW on Sci-Fi
Abraham Washington
Caylen Croft
Christian
Ezekiel Jackson
Goldust
Hurricane/Gregory Helms
Shelton Benjamin
Tony Atlas
Trent Barreta
Tyler Reks
Vance Archer
Vladimir Kozlov
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

Rosa Mendez
Tiffany

ECW Champion: Christian

Friday Night Smackdown
Batista
Charlie Haas
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
David Hart Smith
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Edge *injured
Finlay
The Great Khali
Jimmy Wang Yang
John Morrison
JTG
Kane
Kung Fu Naki
Luke Gallows
Matt Hardy
Mike Knox
R-Truth
Rey Mysterio
Shad
Slam Master J
Theodore Long
Tyson Kidd
The Undertaker

Beth Pheonix
Layla
Maria
Michelle McCool
Mickie James
Natalya
Vickie Guerrero

World Heavyweight Champion: The Undertaker
WWE Intercontinental Champion: Drew McIntyre
WWE Women's Champion: Michelle McCool
WWE Undisputed Tag Team Champions: D-Generation X

Starting this BTB with Monday Night Raw 4/1/10. Preview should be up soon. Matches will be a quick recap, only the promos will be in full. If you are inclined to give a segment per segment review, it's more than welcome, but a general overview of my storylines or what you liked and you didn't is more than alright.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I knew you would come back if I asked :p.

Anyway, nothing really that new. Good Luck CMS, hope you can pull it off.

seX-Power

look forward to see you making this your own

not much else to say, good luck

Evil Austin

Three shows may be a bit of a toughie' to handle however if anyone could pull it off, I am sure you would be the one. I am quite happy that you dropped your previous thread, and started a brand new one.
Best of luck.

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Well welcome back CMS to btb and I hope you can take WWE into interesting territory since their real product is lackluster in my eyes. I will be checking out and best of luck to you.

Moonlight Drive

Personally, I don't like you doing three shows. If they're as epic as your shows with BTW were, I don't see this lasting. But then again, WWE BTBs with only brand always seem incomplete.

Glad to see you're back, hopefully this one is as long and illustrious as your last.

The Rated R CMStar

January 4th, 2010
Monday Night Raw: Return the Hitman
Dayton, Ohio

[YT]zxKYBlJFaLY[/YT]​

Roberts: Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome tonight’s Monday Night Raw guest host. He’s a 3 time tag team champion, 4 time United States Champion, 2 time Intercontinental Champion, a 7 time World Champion and a WWE Hall of Famer…

Bret “The Hitman” Hart!

“Return The Hitman” plays to an enormous ovation from the crowd as Bret Hart makes his way into the stage after a few seconds of built anticipation. He’s wearing long jeans, a classic WWF Bret Hart T-shirt and a customized leather jacket with the Hart logo on the back.

Cole: Ladies and Gentlemen this is the longest episodic show in history, Monday Night Raw and that man walking down the ramp is, yeah don’t adjust your TV sets, Bret Hart.

King: For the first time in over 12 years. I never thought this moment would even be possible.

Cole: But thanks to Mr. McMahon and his, well, bizarre encounter with Shawn Michaels last week, Bret Hart is guest hosting Raw.

Bret Hart finally enters he ring and he asks for a microphone. Before he starts speaking, he sinks in the reaction from the crowd, leaning against the ropes with a grin on his face, truly shocked with what’s happening.

Hart: Well I guess hell froze over…

Crowd cheers

Hart: First and foremost, I wanna take this moment and thank every person, man, woman, child, all of my fans around the world for never letting me be forgotten.

Crowd also cheers.

Hart: I thank you, from the bottom of my heart, because all that I am today, all that I ever was and am, I owe it to each and every one of you in the WWE Universe! Now, standing in this ring, I am overwhelmed by so many memories, like, for example, in this very building, I won King of the Ring!

Crowd explodes at the mention of the town.

Hart: That was also the night I, (mildly laughs), I met Jerry The King Lawler when he jumped me from behind. Hey King (Bret stares at Jerry Lawler in the announce table, crowd boos Jerry). Standing in this ring, I remember being a part of the Hart Foundation, standing in this ring I remember making history with Stone Cold Steve Austin and standing in this ring, I, I remember tearing the house down with my late brother, Owen Hart.

Each memory gets cheered, culminating in an “Owen” chant. Bret acknowledges the chant and lifts his hands over his head clapping.

Hart: Unfortunately, what I remember the most standing in this ring, is ironically the reason why I am here and why many people are wondering why I came back and why now, and that is, well, that is getting screwed by Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Crowd loudly boos.

Hart: I have 12 years worth of things I wanna get off my chest and there’s no better chance than to finally, finally get some closure and well, the first thing I wanna do is to call out back there and ask Shawn Michaels to come out here and see me face to face…

“Sexy Boy” blasts from the speakers as Shawn Michaels appears on the stage, firmly looking to the inside of the ring to Bret Hart. Shawn starts walking towards the ring.

Cole: And there he is, a man that has always been in the eye of the storm, and most definitely was back in November of 1997, the last time these two men have had any type of contact.

King: I don’t know about you Michael, but I have a bad feeling about this one.

Cole: Do you think these two have let all of their emotions go since then?

King: I don’t know, and quite frankly, I don’t think even they know.

Hart: Shawn Michaels, I called you out here because I wanna take this opportunity and in front of the WWE Universe, I wanna bury the hatchet and finally move on.

HBK: Before you get your closure Bret, there’ so many things I want to say to you. You see, since we last saw each other, I have gone to become what I said I would, an icon. I truly, truly became the icon, the main event, the showstopper, I overcame a career ending injury and came back, however, doesn’t matter how much I accomplished since 1997, I’ve always had to deal with the “You screwed Bret” chant.

Crowd boos, and a contingent of fans start the chant.

HBK: You’re not the only one who have had to carry around with this burden, and now, standing face to face in this ring with you, I wanna say that…I truly believe you deserved what happen you at Montreal.

Crowd boos louder, and the “You screwed Bret” chant gains momentum. Bret Hart just stares at Shawn Michaels.

HBK: Bret, you disrespected the business, you disrespected the company and, oh shocker, you disrespected me and you brought it to yourself. However, however, a part of me, a big part of me, doesn’t remember the Survivor Series Bret Hart, doesn’t remember the Bret Hart I had so many conflicts with backstage, it doesn’t even remember the Bret Hart quite frankly I couldn’t even resist the mere sight of at times. No, I remember the Bret Hart who no matter what, I deep down respected. I remember the Bret Hart who was who he said he was, the Excellence of Execution, I remember the Bret Hart who joined me in making history one given night, at Anaheim, California, who joined me in silencing the critics and who joined me in a 60 minute Ironman match. Bret, I, more than anything, remember the Bret Hart who became such a big part in my career that I just have to extend my hand to him and say “Thank you”.

Crowd cheers.

HBK: Bret, it’s indeed time we move on, so I guess all I have to ask you is, are you ready?

Hart: Well being honest, you weren’t the easiest man to love back in the day. You were a man with, a lot of issues. However, I see you into your eyes tonight and I know that you have grown up, and I want to shake your hand, bury the hatchet and know that you and I can be friends

Bret extends his right hand toward Shawn Michaels. HBK looks down and stares at the hand, as if hesitating for a second, however, and getting an enormous pop from the audience, Shawn Michaels extends his hand back to Bret and both shake hands, finally burying the hatchet. “Sexy Boy” blasts from the speakers and Shawn Michaels starts to walk away from Bret Hart, however, before leaving the ring, he suddenly turns around.

HBK: Wait, Bret, cut the music, cut the music, Bret, you’re tonight’s Monday Night Raw guest host, which means you basically can do whatever you want, which is why I’m asking you to give me the one thing I have been looking for almost a month, I am asking you to give me a match with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26.

Crowd cheers.

Hart: Shawn..I’m sorry but, I don’t think it’s up to me to be making those kind of decisions. If you should be asking anybody to book a match with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, well, it’s The Undertaker himself, not me. I’m sorry Shawn.

Crowd jeers. Shawn’s expression shows reflections of anger.

HBK: You know Bret (grins), I guess some things will just never change.

Shawn Michaels throws his microphone right to Bret Hart’s feet, and leaves the ring and walks to the back with his head held down, not even looking back to the man he “just made peace with”. Bret Hart picks up the microphone Shawn just threw and watches Michaels leave.

(Commercial)

We return and we see Triple H walking backstage, until he runs into Josh Matthews.

HHH: Excuse me, you are kinda, uh, blocking my way.

Matthews: Forgive Triple H, I just wanted to get your thoughts on what just happened between Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart.

HHH: (in suspicious voice): What are you implying?

Matthews: I’m sorry, what?

HHH: (acting over the top) Look, I don’t care who you talked to or what you read I had nothing to do with the screwjob! They, they didn’t invite me to the meeting!

Part of the crowd laughs.

Matthews: No Triple H, I actu…

HHH: I am telling you, I’m innocent! I had nothing to do with the screwjob, God, why can’t people just leave me alone!

Triple H walks away, leaving a puzzled Josh Matthews behind.

Cole: Well, an explosive start for the first Monday Night Raw of 2010, an already historic show and, we are just getting started.

King: Who knows what else can happen with The Hitman in charge.

Roberts: The following contest is a mixed tag team match scheduled for one fall.

“I Came to Play” plays to a big amount of boos from the audience as the team of the United States Champion The Miz and Maryse make their way down the ramp and into the ring. Miz is carrying a microphone.

Miz: Miz and Maryse. In the eyes of many, a true power couple in the WWE, well, we could be, if I ever start taking Maryse’s phone calls. Make no mistake about it. In this ring, there’s only one true star in the ring and who is one going to make of 2010 his year, and that’s me, because I am the The Miz, and I’m awesome!

“I’m Coming” plays to cheers from the crowd as the team of MVP and the WWE Divas Champion Melina make their way out into the ring.

Miz and Maryse vs MVP and Melina

Rather quick match. MVP and Miz kick off the match and go at it, with The Miz getting the advantage with a cheap shot, raking the eyes of MVP in a time where the referee was distracted. Maryse shockingly tags herself into the match, giving us Maryse vs Melina for a while, during which we see Maryse bust out some of her kicks while Melina amazes us by showing her flexibility-the Matrix move included. Maryse finally gets the advantage with a DDT. Miz however decides it’s time to return the favor and tags himself into the match. He gets distracted taunting the floored Melina, not acknowledging MVP is now the legal man thanks to the rules of the match, and right when Miz turns around, he gets his head kicked right off his shoulders by a Running Big Boot. MVP makes Maryse flinch down from the apron by staring at her in an intimidating way and then he makes the cover getting the win.

Winners: MVP and Melina.

King: Well, for 2010 being the year of The Miz, it certainly didn’t have a nice start.

Cole: And now MVP can claim he has a win over the United States Champion

Miz tries to get himself together in the ring, while in a corner of the ring Maryse stares at here mockingly, and up the ramp, MVP and Melina look back to the ring in celebration, while MVP taunts The Miz by moving his hands around his waist, meaning he’s way for the belt.

(Commercial)

We return and we see Evan Bourne still taunting to the crowd inside the ring after making his entrance.

Cole: Welcome back to Monday Night Raw as we prepare to see young Evan Bourne in action.

King: Let me tell you, you haven’t seen nothing until you see Evan Bourne go in the ring

“Cool” plays to mild boos from the audience as Carlito makes his way down the ramp, with his trademarked apple in his right hand and a frown on his face showing he means business tonight.

Carlito vs Evan Bourne

Fun match that takes place at a really fast pace, with Evan Bourne not holding anything back and Carlito wanting to show he can keep up with the speed of Air Bourne. The actions sees spots like Evan Bourne attempting a springboard moonsault, only to Carlito move out of the way and connect the just landing Evan Bourne with a springboard elbow smash to the face, a backstabber attempt reversed by Bourne ducking Carlito’s leap and then connecting his huge knee to the face. A surreal spot in the match sees Evan Bourne connect his diving double knee drop, however when landing on the canvas, Carlito rolls over his head and over Evan Bourne himself, ending in a front facelock, gets back to his feet and drops Evan Bourne with a DDT. The series of counters continue until both men crash and burn when both attempted a crossbody plancha. Eventually both make their way back to their feet. Carlito rushes in for the backstabber but Bourne blocks it by holding on to the ring ropes. Watching Carlito floored on the canvas, Bourne goes to the top rope and attempts the Shooting Star Press, however Carlito rolls out of the way letting Bourne miss. The Puerto Rican makes the cover and gets the win.

Winner: Carlito.

King: Uhhh what a match!

Cole: My God I am still trying to catch my break after that match. In the end nonetheless, is Carlito picking up the win here in Monday Night Raw

We go backstage and we see Big Show at the door of a locker room.

Big Show: Come on Chris, we’re running late for our appointment

Chris Jericho finally makes his way out from his locker room.

Jericho: I can’t believe I, Chris Jericho, had to ask for a date, an appointment, to speak to Bret Hart. There mere thought of it is preposterous, who does Bret Hart think is, there best there is?

Big Show stares at Chris Jericho patronizingly.

Jericho: Well I don’t care who Bret Hart is, I am the best in the world at what I do, and I am going to give Bret Hart a piece of my mind. Come on Show, let’s go.

Big Show doesn’t move.

Big Show: Chris…

Jericho: Yeah?

Big Show: Don’t do anything that ruins our plan. I don’t want you to leave Raw.

Jericho: And I don’t want to leave, I won’t leave.

Big Show and Chris Jericho walk as we go to commercial.

(Commercial)

We return and we see Evan Bourne sitting in his locker room, with an ice pack over his ribs, probably hurting from the missed Shooting Star Press from his match just minutes ago. We suddenly see Jack Swagger enter the scene. Courageously, although obviously hurting, Evan Bourne makes his way up to his feet to stand up against Swagger. Swagger mocks Evan Bourne because of his height, pretending he doesn’t see it and looks for him on the floor. Swagger continues getting in Bourne’s nerves by messing Evan’s hair. Evan Bourne pushes Swagger’s hand away, however when he does this, he hurts his ribs again. Evan cringes in pain which causes Swagger to laugh.

Swagger: That, that is just one of the many reasons why the All American American Jack Swagger should be in ECW Homecoming Battle Royal and go on to challenge Christian at the Royal Rumble instead of a joke of a person as yourself.

Swagger’s smile is long gone and is now replaced by an angry frown.

Swagger: Good luck , little Evan Bourne.

Swagger palms rather violently Evan Bourne on the hurt ribs before walking away.

We go to another place backstage and we are in Bret Hart’s office. Bret Hart is apparently speaking to someone, however the camera doesn’t show who he’s talking to.

Hart: Look, you make a big, big impact and I, without a shadow of a doubt, will sign you to a contract. It was nice seeing you by the way

Bret Hart turns around, as apparently the man off camera he was talking to left, just in time to face the just arriving Jeri-Show.

Jericho: Tell me I just didn’t saw that guy in Monday Night Raw…

Big Show: Mr. Hart, it’s a pleasur…

Hart: Save it. Guys, I know why you are here. You came here to talk to me hoping that I would give you an assist in your title match against DX and that way keep Chris here on Raw, aint that right?

Big Show: I have no idea what you’re talking ab…

Jericho: Come on Bret! Give me a break. I won’t come here and pander to you in expectation of a favor. It’s the right thing to do. 12 years ago, you were screwed by the corporate monster of the WWE in Vince Mcmahon and the major hypocrite of Shawn Michaels, then tonight, Michaels himself disrespects you in front of all those gelatinous tapeworms and now, now, The Big Show and I are offering you the chance of a lifetime, the chance of finally getting revenge at Shawn Michaels, take the tag titles off from him and his juvenile tag team partner Triple H and bring it back to its righteous place, the waist of Chris Jericho.

Hart: First and foremost, as far as I’m concerned, Shawn and I, we buried the hatchet out there, we moved on from Montreal…

Chris Jericho ironically grins.

Jericho: Sure you did, that's why Shawn walked out on you at the end.

Hart: Chris, are you asking me to, what, go out there and screw DX back?

Jericho: I am asking you to go out there during our match, and when I have Triple H or Shawn Michaels in the Walls, well, you let instinct take over.

Hart: Chris, I have met you for a long time. You and I go way back, back to my father’s dungeon. You know me, and that’s why you know there’s no chance I am going to screw DX out there. I don’t want to be looked by the WWE Universe as this bitter man, I don’t want to be looked by the WWE Universe as someone, well, as someone like you…

Crowd cheers while Jericho frowns.

Hart: Now, my only action will be to tell you guys, to get moving, because your title match, well, it’s next!

Jericho and Big Show stare at Bret Hart mad, but they finally leave.

Cole: DX defends the Unified Tag Team Championships, next!

(Commercial)

Roberts: The following tag team match is scheduled for one fall, and is for the WWE Unified Tag Team Championships!

“Are you Ready?” blasts from the speakers to a monster ovation from the crowd as the champions, Triple H and Shawn Michaels make their way down the ramp, saluting fans and taunting to the crowd and being accompanied by their mascot, Horswoggle. They finally get to the inside of the ring, where they continue their normal routine of getting the crowd rallied up.

“Crank the Walls Down” plays to boos from the crowd as the team of Chris Jericho and The Big Show step out into the stage. Jericho has his usual confident strut in his walking, despite this being quite possibly his last night on Monday Night Raw

Cole: And for that man right there, Chris Jericho, is his last chance to not leave Monday Night Raw, and he has that against no other that the legendary DX.

King: Come on Michael, don’t sell Jeri-Show short, they have over forty championships between Chris Jericho and The Big Show

WWE Undisputed Tag Team Championships
DX (c) vs Jeri-Show

Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho kick it off for their respective teams. Jericho begins the loud talk as he gets right in HBK’s face and makes it very clear that he isn’t Bret Hart or The Undertaker. He is Chris Jericho. Shawn Michaels retaliates and begins the physical side of things for the match. HBK and Jericho give us their now traditional sequence of near pinfall attempts, culminating in Shawn Michaels bridging to get back to his feet and then backslide pin Chris Jericho. Jericho kicks out and sends HBK to the ropes, where HHH makes a tag Jericho isn’t able to pin…that is until Triple H floors him with a falling clothesline. We go to commercial with Chris Jericho on the outside of the ring after getting clotheslined over the top rope by both members of D-Generation X.

(Commercial)

We return and Chris Jericho has Triple H on a headlock. We see that during commercials, Jeri-Show got the control of the match back with Big Show distracting Triple H allowing Jericho to dropkick him in the back of the head into the turnbuckle. Chris Jericho and Big Show start dissecting The Game with quick tags. This continues until Triple H finally gives the hot tag to Shawn Michaels after countering a bodyslam attempt of The Big Show into a clip to the knee. HBK enters as the proverbial “house en fuego” and nails Big Show with 2 flying forearms (kip up included) and a dropkick to the knee to finally knock the giant down. HBK goes to the top rope looking for his vintage elbow drop, however he loses valuable time battling with Chris Jericho, who walks toward him on the apron trying to interfere. When he finally comes off the top rope, Big Show rolls out of the way. HBK crawls toward his partner and makes the tag to Triple H, who rushes toward the recovering Big Show, however he gets received by a huge KO punch. From there we see a series of finishing maneuvers, KO punch on Triple H, Sweet Chin Music on the giant, codebreaker on Michaels. Show manages to cover The Game but Hunter kicks out. Jericho gets the tag. We see a series of reversals with Triple H in which Jericho goes for the Walls, but gets send away by HHH’s leg strength. Big Show has seen enough and he returns to the inside of the ring. He rushes toward Triple H, who has gotten back to his feet close to the ring ropes, however The King of Kings sidesteps and Shawn Michaels, who got in the ring just for that, lowers the ring rope letting Big Show take himself all the way to the outside of the ring. Hunter and HBK stare at each other for just one second, however the moment is broken when Chris Jericho nails Triple H from behind staggering The Game toward Michaels, sending him to the outside of the ring in a clash of DX. Jericho rolls the confused Triple H from behind and gets the one, two, three by grabbing tights.

Winners: Jeri-Show

Chris Jericho gets awarded the tag team belts, however, right when he’s going to start celebrating, Bret Hart appears on the Titantron.

Hart: Whoa stop it stop it. I certainly didn’t come back here to see another person get screwed out of a championship, even, if those people are DX. Chris, you cheated to win those belts, and that’s not going to happen as long as I’m here.

Referee, restart this match!

Crowd erupts. Jericho is in disbelief staring at the Titantron. He finally turns around only to find himself face to face with Triple H. Y2J tries to talk himself out off the predicament. Jericho turns around once again, only to get kicked in the face by Shawn Michaels, who had slid back to the ring. HBK immediately after the kick springboards to the outside of the ring right into Big Show in a plancha making sure he’s out. Triple H nails the groggy Jericho with the Pedigree and seals the deal to retain the championships.

Winners: DX retain the Undisputed Tag Team Championships.

King: I think we’re going to have our mandatory Nanana hey Goodbye singing here Michael.

Cole: This is certainly Jericho’s swan song here in Monday Night Raw.

DX get out of the ring letting Chris Jericho sink in his deception. Big Show recovers on the outside of the ring and stares with deception at his tag team partner, understanding they will now be separated by the brand extension. DX laughs and gets the crowd to chant at Jericho, whose face tell the entire story. We go to commercial with Chris Jericho practically in tears.

(Commercial)

We see during commercial how Chris Jericho walked up the ramp, without his regular swagger.

We go backstage and we see a crew member talking on the phone.

Crew member: No John, sure, I’ll let them know, I’ll let them know, no problem…

While he’s talking, no other than Vince McMahon walks into the scene and gets right in the face of the crew member.

Crew member: (still on the phone) Actually John, I think I’m going to be telling him rather soon…yeah, he’s right here. Ok John, see ya.

Vince: Was that John as in…John Cena?

Crew: Yes, yes sir, he wanted to let you know why he isn’t here tonight and…

Vince: And he calls you. John Cena misses Monday Night Raw and he tells a crew member, a nobody, to go and tell me?

Crew member: Well, he’s an old friend of mine and…

Vince: You know what, I don’t care. I want you to do two things for me. First, you can tell John Cena that he better be here next week as I am calling him out in that ring, and second, I want you to get everything ready, because just like I am calling John Cena out next week, before this show is over, I am calling Bret Hart out.

Crew member: Yes sir.

Vince: What are you waiting for? Go go.

(Last week: John Cena defeats Sheamus via DQ, but Sheamus retains his WWE Championship)

Cole: Indeed, the WWE Universe was shocked when Sheamus retained his WWE Championship…

King: by DQ Michael, by DQ

Cole: Either way, 2009 did end just like Sheamus said it would, him standing over John Cena still WWE Champion

“Written in my Face” plays to boos from the crowd as the WWE Champion Sheamus makes his way down the ramp into the ring, with a smile on his face as the WWE Championship is still wrapped around his waist. He asks for a microphone and stands imposingly in the middle of the ring.

Sheamus: Last week, last week I did exactly what I said I was going to do and that was defeat John Cena and remain your WWE Champion!

Crowd boos.

Sheamus: My next title defense will be at the Royal Rumble and I will not, not be defending it against John Cena. I have put Cena through a table, I beat him last week and I punished him so much that he isn’t even here tonight.

Crowd boos and a “Cena” chant breaks through.

Sheamus: Now, I want a new challenge! Bret Hart, you were right when you said you were the best there ever was, but as for best there is, and best there ever will be, that belongs to me, Sheamus!

“Can you dig it” plays to cheers from the audience as no other than the returning Booker T makes his way down the ramp.

Cole: Is that?

King: Yes, it’s Booker T! Booker T!

Booker T sinks in the crowd reaction for his return and then with mic in hand addresses the Celtic Warrior.

Booker T: Tell me you just didn’t say that!

Crowd pops.

Booker T: You say you want a new challenge? Well, I say I am going to be that challenge. Bret Hart told me to make an impact, and I will make that impact by beating the WWE Champion here tonight! Now can you dig that, sucka!

Crowd roars. Booker T calls from the back a referee and then he storms toward the referee. Sheamus slides out of the ring.

Non Title Match
Booker T vs WWE Champion Sheamus

Booker T trailblazers over Sheamus with chops to the chest and straight right hands, however, showing he has come directly for the win, he doesn’t waste any time and quickly nails a huge sidekick to the jaw of Sheamus and then, after hooking him up, connects the Book End. Booker T finds himself alone in the middle of the ring and, to a great pop from the crowd, performs his Spinaroonie. He then goes to the apron and then to the top rope, probably attempting his trademarked Houston Hangover, however, before he’s able to do anything, Sheamus rolls out of the way. Booker T won’t have any of this and he launches himself right into Sheamus on the outside of the ring. Booker T picks Sheamus back up and returns him to the ring, where he measures him for the Scissors Kick, however, right after he bounces with the ring ropes, Sheamus receives him with his vicious Bicycle Kick. Sheamus taunts to the crowd before capitalizing, and when he finally does, it proves to be a little late as Booker T tries to mount a comeback, but that is soon stopped with a second Bicycle Kick. Sheamus picks Booker T up and nails him with his Uranage Backbreaker. He relishes as he picks Booker up and connects him with the Celtic Cross. He gets the win with it.

Winner: Sheamus

Cole: Oh my! Is there any stopping the Celtic Warrior Sheamus?

King: I don’t know Michael. First John Cena, now Booker T. I hate this guy but seriously, he seems to be unstoppable right now.

We go to a divided screen showing us Randy Orton and Kofi Kingston getting ready for our main event. That match is next.

(Commercial)

(During the break: We see Randy Orton telling Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase to stay backstage for his match, as he wants to handle with Kofi Kingston himself)

“SOS” plays to cheers from the audience as the controlled frenzy that is Kofi Kingston makes his way down the ramp, high fiving fans at ringside.

Cole: Welcome back to Monday Night Raw as we get ready for our main event, Kofi Kingston vs Randy Orton and King, this would truly be a career making victory for Kofi Kingston if he manages to defeat the Viper here tonight.

King: Well, yeah, but that’s a big if.

“Voices” plays to boos from the audience, as Randy Orton, and Randy Orton alone, without Legacy, makes his way down the ramp. He slithers his way down the ramp and into the ring, looking focused and ready to do battle.

Cole: And for the first time in quite some time, Randy Orton will have to deal with an opponent without the help of Legacy, Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes.

Randy Orton vs Kofi Kingston

The bell rings and they lock up. Kofi hits first with a knee to the gut and right hands. Kofi comes off the second rope with a firearm but Orton applies a side headlock. Orton off the ropes with a shoulder block. They run the ropes, Kofi leaps a few times and drops Orton with an elbow. Kofi with a splash in the corner. Kofi clotheslines Orton out to the floor and dropkicks him back towards the table. Orton goes to DDT Kofi back in the ring but Kofi counters. Kofi dumps Orton back to the floor in front of Legacy as we go back to commercial

(Commercial)

Back from the break and Orton has Kofi in a headlock. During the break, Orton knocked Kofi off the top and into the fan barrier outside. Orton starts stomping away on Kofi now. Orton works over Kofi in the corner and unloads with right hands, beating Kofi to the mat. Orton catapults Kofi's neck under the bottom rope and gets a 2 count. They go back and forth until they collide in the center of the ring. They trade right hands and Kofi unloads with kicks and chops. Kofi with a big dropkick. Kofi leaps into the corner with right hands and a big uppercut. Kofi hits the Boom Drop and goes for Trouble in Paradise. Orton rolls to the floor but Kofi dives over the ropes onto him. Kofi hits a big crossbody from the top but only gets 2. Orton goes for the RKO but Kofi counters and hits the SOS but only for another 2 count. Orton goes for another RKO but Kofi goes for Trouble in Paradise. Orton blocks it. Randy Orton storms towards Kofi Kingston looking for his RKO however Kofi manages to counter it into a one arm backslide pin and gets the surprising win.

Winner: Kofi Kingston

We cut backstage and we see Legacy looking in a monitor, with disappointed looks on their faces.

King: Well and, oh, look at the faces of Legacy.

Cole: But how about this, Kofi Kingston finally, finally gets the better of Randy Orton. What a better way to kick off the new year.

We see Vince Mcmahon getting his suit ready, as he’s coming out to call out Bret Hart, next.

(Commercial)

(Guest host for next week: WWE Hall of Famer, Pete Rose)

Cole: Oh would you look at that, Pete Rose!

King: I wonder if Kane will be around.

“No Chance in Hell” plays to a mixed reaction from the audience as the chairman of the board, Vincent Kennedy Mcmahon, makes his way out down the ramp. Vince pretends he’s shocked and flattered by the reaction as he walks down the ramp and enters the ring.

Vince: I am not going to beat around the bush because quite frankly I am tired of being here in Dayton, Ohio.

Crowd boos

Vince: Shawn Michaels told me last week that I needed to bring Bret back to have some closure. Those two had their moment earlier tonight I guess so, and now, it’s time for me to call Bret Hart out here and finally put the Montreal incident behind us.

Crowd cheers.

Vince: I am afraid of no man walking these Earth, and I am not afraid of looking at Bret Hart deep in the eye and telling him that Bret screwed Bret, and telling him that he needs to give something he has owed me for over 12 years, and that is, an apology.

Crowd boos.

Vince: He needs to apologize to me for spitting in my face, he needs to apologize to me for sucker punching after the event, he needs to apologize to me for disrespecting the night he was inducted into the Hall of Fame and he needs to apologize for trashing my name on every interview he has had on the last 12 years. But more importantly, he needs to apologize to me for forcing me to run you right out the door.

Crowd boos.

Vince: Bret Hart, you were my premiere guy, my WWE Champion, my guy. You, you wrote so many chapters of this company’s history. I remember looking at you at Wrestlemania 2, at that Battle Royal, and knowing, knowing right at that point, that you were the future, Bret, I remember looking at you at Wrestlemania X, and realizing you were the present and that you were going to be the guy carrying my company into the future, and then, then, at Wrestlemania 12, that in fact I hadn’t even realized just how good you were and that you were really the best there was, the best there is, and yes, the best there ever will be.

Crowd mildly pops.

Vince: That was the guy you forced me to show him the door, but not only that, Bret, you were like a son to me, and I was a father figure to you, maybe that’s why this whole thing became so personal. But now Bret, it’s truly time, come out here and let’s bury the hatchet.

Cole: Can you actually believe this?

King: I don’t know I could ever trust what Vince Mcmahon says.

Vince: Come on Bret, I haven’t…

Vince Mcmahon looks at the Tron and along the rest of the people in attendance, he’s left speechless. Floored in the concrete of the gorilla position backstage, Bret Hart lays beaten into a bloody pulp. Vince goes to say something but he just can’t. He drops the microphone and rests against the ring ropes, not believing his eyes.

Show Ends

Moonlight Drive

I felt like I was watching an episode of Raw, and not in a good way. Although you nailed the characters of Bret, HBK, Jericho and McMahon, I heard all those promos before. I understand you're continuing on from the current WWE, but I just don't see the point in copying some of their respective promos word for word.

That being said, those three unoriginal promos are the ony major gripe I have with this first show. Booker T coming back was a great surprise and what's even better is he didn't get the win; you're actually establishing Sheamus as a credible champion. Bret having that much power yet not making the match with Shawn seems counter intuitive.

The mid-card is shaping up nicely. Swagger vs. Bourne and MVP vs. Miz don't really send sparks in terms of excitement, but the fact you're paying attention to them and giving them time is good.

Don't know where you're going with Kofi and Orton, as that feud needs some serious momentum.

Vince calling out Cena has me intrigued, but nowhere near as much as the Bret angle. Just when I thought it was deja vu all over again, you pulled out a nice swerve. The best part is, most of the show built up to it but I never saw it coming. Jericho, Michaels and Vince all have their reasons, but who would actually go through with it?

Overall, the show improved the longer it went, building up to the Hart attack (no pun intended) brilliantly. Like I said, the only really big problem I had was the whole copying promos word-for-word deal, but since you've taken the Bret angle of on a whole different tangent, I'm sure that won't happen next time.

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Opening Promo: this really did seem word for word in that opening half of his promo from Raw on Jan 4th. I thought that promo was very weak in real life and I didn't see this one as a major improvement. The tension is there with Shawn and no Vince call out but really a good opportunity wasted in my opinion. I hope to see something different and unqiue as the night goes on.

Triple H backstage: More comedy from HHH. I am not fond of him at all in anything but at least as a heel he was tolerable. I am hopign you are going to take HHH away from this comedy somewhere down the line.

Miz and Maryse vs. MVP and Melina: Quick match and everybody got their little moment. I was interested to see MVP intimidate Maryse. Kinda heelish thing to do when you could have just had melina take Maryse out.

Carlito vs. Bourne: Some interesting seqeuences of couners and coutners tot he counters. I am surprised to see Carlito come out on top over Bourne. i would have liked to see Bourne pushed a little more but I am sure you have your plans and I look forward to see where you are going to take Carlito with this win.

Jeri-Show backstage: Once again seems very similar to what actually happened on Raw.

Bourne and Swagger backstage: Interesting to see you giving Bourne a diff feud with someone a lot higher on the food chain considering he just lost to Carlito. I think a win would have made this a much better build to this but i would like to see Swagger vs Bourne last a little while since Bourne needs a good feud.

Bret Hart/Jeri-Show: I was wondering who bret was talking about tbu what Jericho said was so out of character for him and it gave it away immediatly that it was Booker T. Yet another example of this promo mirroring the one from Raw. I am not seeing a lot of personal creativity with the exception of Booker coming in.

DX vs. Jeri-Show for the Tag titles: Good match. Following the same format as the shwo did for the msot part. Bret saying Jeri-Show won't get away with the cheating victory was good to see. Still wish Jeri-show would have gone over but DX retains and Jericho is gone.

Vince McMahon backstage: Interesting to see Vince starting heat with Cena. I do not know where you could take this but it is the first itneresting thign I have seen all night. Makes me really look forward to next week.

Booker T vs. Sheamus: You bring in a big main event player like Booker and you job him otu to Sheamus on his return match? Very counter productive and really puts a damper on the return of Booker T. I donn't know where you are going with this but I hope it has something phenomenal coming soon because this is just unbelievably counter productive.

Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston: nice back and forth match. Kinda went a lot like the match on Raw and Kofi comes out on top with a backslide pin. this feud just seems really dragged out from months ago and I hope you have something to rekindle the interest because on the path it is on, it is nothing but something to skip.

Vince McMahon promo: Once again seemed like a carbon copy of what he said at the end of Raw. The end was a bit of a twist with hart laid out int he back. Although I think it is still working towards the angle of Vince vs. Bret.

Overall Rating 5/10

This show seemed the same as the actual Raw show on the 4th. Also there were a few noticable spelling errors. I was very disappointed at the fact that Booker was brought in and jobbed to Sheamus on his return match. You had some itneresting point with Cena and Vince but other than that I saw nothing too exciting or unique about this show at all. i really hope the next show generates more interest.

The Rated R CMStar

January 5th, 2010: The Battle before it turns Royal
ECW on Sci Fi
Louisville Kentucky

(We see the video hype that tonight, in the main event, three former ECW Champions: CM Punk, Chavo Guerrero and Mark Henry will return to the Land of Extreme to do battle for one spot in the ECW Homecoming Battle Royal)

“On your Knees†plays to boos from the audience as Raw’s Jack Swagger makes his way out to the stage already in his wrestling attire.

Matthews: Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to ECW, this is Josh Matthews alongside my partner Byron Saxton and, well, in the ring is Raw’s Jack Swagger, who, I don’t really know why is here.

Saxton: Well, General Manager Tiffany did open the door for past ECW Superstars.

Matthews: Yeah but that was for the Homecoming Battle Royal, and Jack Swagger already lost his qualifying match a few weeks back.

Saxton: Well Josh, the man has a microphone, let’s let him explain himself.

Swagger, very much as last week in his confrontation with Evan Bourne, doesn’t look as smiley as usual and is instead wearing an anger frown.

Swagger: You have got to be kidding me!

Crowd interrupts him with boos.

Swagger: You mean to tell me you have got room in the Battle Royal for guys like Matt Hardy, Kane, even for a guy like little Evan Bourne and you don’t have time for Jack Swagger!

Crowd boos.

Swagger: Have you people forgotten who I am? I am the man who only needed 4 months to make ECW his. I am the 2 time All American American and most importantly; I am the best ECW Champion there has ever been!

Crowd boos

Swagger: That’s why I am demanding to be put in the Homecoming Battle Royal next week, because…

“This Fire Burns†interrupts Jack Swagger, as the savior himself, CM Punk, being accompanied by his protégée Luke Gallows, make their way down the ramp and into the ring. CM Punk looks around the ECW arena with a grin on his face. Safeguarded by Luke Gallows, he confronts Swagger inside the ring.

CM Punk: Maybe all these people don’t remember this in their self induce zombie like mental state, but I do: Jack Swagger, you were defeated and eliminated of the ECW Battle Royal, and unlike other cases in which I would presume chemical substances would play a role in weakening you…just like they do to every person in attendance tonight.

The crowd, who was getting behind Punk for bashing Swagger, loudly boos him.

CM Punk: No, I think it was a case of you just not being good enough. Then again, you must be on something as you just called yourself the best ECW Champion ever, blatantly ignoring that long before you I was not only the best ECW Champion but the first ever straightedge ECW Champion!

Crowd heavily boos.

CM Punk: Now Jack, you can go to the back and join the rest of the locker room as they receive their Messiah with proclamations and palms in my triumphant return to ECW as I show them, you, and the world, why straightedge can save you, why straightedge means I’m better than you!

Crowd boos. Swagger advances toward CM Punk, but Luke Gallows steps into the way. Swagger goes to say something but…

…but “Just Close your Eyes†interrupts him, announcing the arrival of the ECW Champion, Christian. Christian, in his tights and the Captain Charisma T-Shirt, has also a microphone.

Christian: Oh my, look who we have in ECW tonight! We have the All American American Daffy the Duck.

Crowd cheers.

Christian: And we have the guy who for some reason keeps calling his nerdiness, “being straightedgeâ€. Seriously Punk, what does straightedge mean, not showering a month and grow whatever it is that you are growing on your face?

Crowd laughs, Punk gets fired up in the middle of the ring.

CM Punk: No, it means I’m better than you and that I am taking that ECW Championship from you!

Crowd boos.

Christian: Geez Punk, I thought you were supposed to not be using those things. Anyways, that brings me to Jack Swagger. Seriously Daffy, what are you doing here?

Jack Swagger goes to answer.

Christian: Don’t answer. It’s pointless. You’re already out of the ECW Homecoming Battle Royal, but now that you are here, how about you prove yourself to my peeps, and you prove to Tiffany that maybe you deserve to be in the Battle Royal, by going one on one with me…right now!

Crowd erupts.

CM Punk: You w…

Christian: Eh Punk, I am talking to Daffy over there. For such a clean and focused mind you certainly seem to not get most things.

Swagger: You’re on!

Jack Swagger starts jogging inside the ring getting ready, while Christian starts walking toward the ring. CM Punk finally gets outside of the ring, and as he passes close to Christian up the ramp, he stares a hole at him.

Matthews: What an explosive start to ECW! Christian vs Jack Swagger, that match is next!

(Commercial)

We return and both men are staring at each other from different ends of the ring.

Non Title Match
ECW Champion Christian vs Jack Swagger

Swagger comes out strong to start, overpowering Christian. Jack makes sure to take his time and taunt to the crowd, showing his dominance in the early going of the contest. Swagger with a few shoulder-blocks, and then tosses Christian to the floor. Christian manages to get back in the ring, but Swagger sends him to the corner, and charges. Christian tries to dive through the middle ropes, and kick Swagger in the face, performing his pendulum kick, however Swagger catches him and pounds him down. Swagger sends Christian to the corner again, and charges again, and Christian kicks him in the face, sweet sweet revenge as he manages to score the pendulum kick this time. Christian leap frogs Swagger, gets to the corner, and then springboards into a sunset flip for 2. Both men slow to get up, but Swagger catches him and hits him with an armature takedown. Swagger tries a Gut Wrench, but it’s blocked. Swagger puts Christian on the turnbuckle, but Christian fights him off, and hits a Tornado DDT for 2. Swagger fights back, slams Christian on the mat in the corner, and then hits a top rope Vader Bomb for 2. Swagger scoops Christian up, but Christian flips through and rolls up Swagger for 2. Swagger up quick, and hits an Oklahoma Stampede for 2. Jack Swagger picks Christian up and tries to set up for his Gutwrench Powerbomb, however Christian reverses with an arm twist and gets Jack Swagger for a Reverse DDT. Jack Swagger shows his ability by driving his right knee right into the torso of Christian, managing to get out of the predicament. Swagger sets Christian once again for the Gutwrench, however when he is hoisted up, Captain Charisma floats over and lands behind Swagger. Christian hooks his opponent up and connects the Killswitch. Christian makes the cover and gets the win.

Winner: Christian

Saxton: You come to my house, you play by my rules. That’s exactly what Christian said in this match to Jack Swagger.

Matthews: A great win by ECW Champion Christian and a really big setback to Swagger’s title aspirations.

Christian celebrates lifting his ECW Championship right in front of the floored Jack Swagger.

We go backstage and we see Ezekiel Jackson in his locker room, in street clothes, putting some things on his bag. Suddenly, William Regal enters the locker room.

Regal: Good that I find you Ezekial, I have been meaning to talk to you all day.

Jackson turns around.

Jackson: I am listening.

Regal: Well Ezekiel, you are qualified to the ECW Homecoming Battle Royal, and there’s no doubt in my mind that you will defeat every single men in that Battle Royal and then go on to dismantle Christian at the Royal Rumble.

Jackson: I agree.

Regal: Well, with that championship, comes a great deal of power, the power to completely fully dominate ECW, and for that sake, and that sake only, I was thinking we should consider bringing Vladimir Kozlov back with us. So, what do you say Ezekiel?

Jackson: I say…I don’t need Vladimir Kozlov and I certainly, don’t need you!

Ezekiel Jackson stares at William Regal showing his presence. Him standing up to Master Regal gets some cheers from the audience. Zeke finally walks away, leaving Regal behind.

(Commercial)

“Surf Up†plays through the PA system as Tyler Reks, being really fired up in contrast to his crowd reaction. Nonetheless Reks salutes ringside fans in his way to the squared circle.

Matthews: Welcome back ladies and gentlemen as we prepared for the first of two qualifying matches for the ECW Homecoming Battle Royal.

“Ain’t no Stopping Me†plays to cheers from the audience as the Gold Standard, Shelton Benjamin, jogs out into the stage, down the ramp and to the ring.

Shelton Benjamin and Tyler Reks stare at each other from different ends of the ring ready to do battle, however, before the referee is able to ring the bell, “Radio†plays to a nice amount of heat from the audience as Zack Ryder and his smooch, Rosa Mendez, make their way out into a stage, with a microphone in hand.

Ryder: Bro, Shelton, Tyler, let me do you a favor and spare both of you from the effort you are about to put. You see, it doesn’t matter who wins this match and it doesn’t even matter who wins the Battle Royal because nothing will be bigger than what I did last week when I beat Fatty Dreamer and sent him right out of ECW.

Crowd responds with massive heat.

Ryder: And now, Zack Ryder will be known as the Heart and Soul of ECW! Woo Woo Woo, you know it!

“Radio†and a big amount of boos farewell Zack Ryder. The referee looks relieved and he finally rings the bell.

ECW Homecoming Battle Royal Qualifying Match
Shelton Benjamin vs Tyler Reks

Shelton Benjamin and Reks lock up. It doesn’t take Benjamin long before he gets the best out of Tyler and in the now standard headlock-hammerlock-headlock again, ending with a takeover he takes Tyler down to the canvas. Benjamin continues the domination over Tyler Reks by getting on top of him and pounding Tyler with a nice series of straight right hands to the head. The referee separates both men. Reks tries to get the upperhand with sucker attack on Benjamin, who was still talking to the referee, with a roundhouse kick to the face, however Shelton ducks this kick and completes his easy win by connecting Paydirt. Shelton makes the cover and wins the match.

Winner: Shelton Benjamin

Matthews: And in, well, a rather easy way, Shelton Benjamin picks one of the last two spots for the Battle Royal.

Saxton: Shelton Benjamin is quite frankly the best pure athlete here in the entire WWE, but I really expected Tyler Reks to be more of a challenge.

Shelton Benjamin rolls out of the ring, celebrating his win. Tyler Reks, on the other hand, is left on the inside of the ring, frustrated over his defeat. Soon, his frustration turns into a huge tantrum.

(Commercial)

(During the break: We see Tyler Reks walking up the ramp and ignoring the fans at ringside, blowing them off)

(Raw Rebound: We see the highlights of Monday Night Raw, focusing on Shawn Michaels angry at Bret for not making him the match against Undertaker, Jericho getting his title match restarted and thereby losing his Undisputed Tag Team Championship and then on Vince’s closing promo, finally ending with the image of Bret Hart beaten into a bloody pulp)

Matthews: And following yesterday’s Monday Night Raw, the question on everybody’s mind is, who could have attacked Bret Hart?

Saxton: Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, Vince Mcmahon, all could have their reasons, but this certainly isn’t over just yet.

Matthews: And on a related note, Booker T, who just made his return to WWE, has apparently been caused some sort of neck injury at the hands of WWE Champion Sheamus, his case will be followed all week long on WWE.com

We go backstage and we see Caylen Croft and Trent Barreta playing Smackdown vs Raw 2010. They are playing as themselves and facing the team of John Morrison and The Miz.

Croft: You got it…you got it…there it is!

The camera continues showing the match in progress, and we see the digital Barreta scoring the pinfall on Morrison.

Barreta: Dude, I am telling you, the only team better than Smackdown vs Raw’s Caylen Croft and Trent Barreta are the real life Caylen Croft and Trent Barreta.

Croft: We are so going to be tag team champions man.

Barreta: Totally.

(Next: Triple Threat Match for the last spot in the ECW Homecoming Battle Royal)

(Commercial)

“Somebodies Gonna Get it†plays to cheers from the audience as the World Strongest Man, Mark Henry, power walks into the ring as we get set for our main event.

“Ooh Chavo†plays to boos from the audience as the family guy, the man whose last name means warrior, Chavo Guerrero, walks down the ramp taunting and teasing the crowd on his walk into the ring.

Matthews: Ladies and Gentlemen this Triple Threat Match may very well epitomize the concept of the ECW Homecoming, all three of these man have been ECW Champions at some point.

Saxton: All three were fine, dominant champions, but only one will be advancing.

“This Fire Burns†plays to massive heat from the audience as CM Punk, being accompanied by Luke Gallows, makes his entrance. Once again he seems to be experimenting delirious of grandeur as shown by all his manners while walking down the ramp.

Triple Threat Match
ECW Homecoming Battle Royal Qualifying Match
Mark Henry vs Chavo Guerrero vs CM Punk w/Luke Gallows

CM Punk and Chavo Guerrero, although on different corners, are on the same side in the ring, while Mark Henry is on the other one. Mark Henry wastes no time and he charges against both his opponents, however both Chavo and CM Punk manage to sidestep getting out of the way, then lowering the top rope letting Mark Henry run all the way to the outside of the ring falling hard on his knees. Chavo and CM Punk are left alone in the ring, and they waste no time going at it. Punk and Chavo engage in an all out brawl, battling all over the ring. Punk gets the advantage with a kick to the gut and then sets him for a Powerbomb, however just there Mark Henry returns to the ring and floors CM with a clothesline. Punk tries to roll away from the war zone, and gets some unwanted help by Chavo Guerrero who nails a baseball kick right to the back of CM Punk, sending him to the outside of the ring. Chavo gets back up and tries to form a partnership with Mark Henry; however the World Strongest Man has none of it and punishes Chavo Guerrero. Henry controls Chavo Guerrero with a series of classic big men maneuvers, displaying all his power moves. CM Punk eventually makes his way back to the ring, climbing to the top rope. Meanwhile, Mark Henry has Chavo Guerrero over his right shoulder. CM Punk and Guerrero combine on this occasion, as CM Punk connects a Missile Dropkick on Mark Henry, hurling Mark back. Chavo lands on his feet and with Mark Henry in a reverse facelock, allowing him to connect a Reverse DDT. Punk tries to attack Chavo but gets connected with a Tilt-the-world backbreaker. Chavo climbs to the top rope and has the landscape set for his Frog Splash. Being able to choose on whom he connects his finisher, he decides to connect CM Punk. He connects it perfectly; however he only gets a two count. Chavo rushes to the top rope once again and this time frog splashes Mark Henry, however the splash seems to hurt Chavo Guerrero more than it does Mark Henry and Guerrero rolls out of the ring in pain. Out of Punk and Henry, it is CM the one who recovers faster. CM Punk mounts his offense on Mark Henry, with roundhouse kicks to the legs of the Silverback, and then follows it up with the series of big kick to the head-Henry staggered to the corner-CM Punk connects his charging high knee to the jaw. CM Punk tries to perform his bulldog, however Henry just swaps him away with one hand, and as Punk tries to return he gets knocked out with a big boot. Chavo Guerrero finally returns to the picture, as he taunts behind Mark Henry on the apron ready to springboard. Henry finally turns around and Chavo springboards into him, but the World Strongest Man catches Guerrero in mid air, right in the perfect position for the World Strongest Slam, which he in fact connects squashing Chavo Guerrero into the canvas. Henry makes the cover: 1…2…, Luke Gallows from the outside, and since the angle where the referee is doesn’t allow him to see what happened, puts Chavo’s boot on the rope breaking the count. Mark Henry does realize what happen and confronts Luke Gallows, badmouthing him and turning his back to the inside of the ring. Meanwhile, like a vulture, CM Punk grabs Chavo Guerrero, and dragging him to the middle of the ring, gets the victory before Mark Henry even realizes what happened.

Winner: CM Punk

CM Punk quickly rolls out of the way to avoid the anger of Mark Henry. On the outside, being protected by Luke Gallows, he relishes on his victory and taunts to the audience, now being the last entrant for the ECW Homecoming Battle Royal.

Matthews: And just for this night, CM Punk showed that straightedge indeed means he’s better than the rest.

Saxton: Certainly better than Mark Henry and Chavo Guerrero, and he’s now in the Battle Royal next week.

Matthews: Ladies and Gentlemen join us next week, when the eight men that qualified for the Battle Royal fight it out to see who goes on to challenge Christian at the Royal Rumble.

Moonlight Drive

Whoa, hold your horses. I understand you've got three shows to do and it's 'real time', but if you keep posting at this rate people are just going to be burnt out, no way I'll be able to read three shows a week. Anyway, onto the review

Opening promo was alright. Swagger was way too stereotypical for my liking, but he hardly has a unique character. Business definitely picked up with Christian and Punk, I'd mtfo if Punk wins the Battle Royal (which by all rights he should). Other promos, were well, not really anything. Kind of just put there to break up the action and get the guys on screen. Ezekiel Jackson teasing a face turn is weird, as I don't know how youd book him.

Matches were plain, at least the first two. Swagger vs. Christian didn't really go anywhere, there was none of the usual ebb and flow of a wrestling match. Shelton pretty much squashed Reks. The Main Event was well done though, best match by far, probably better than any of the ones from Raw either. Great finish too, CM Punk better win~!

Another average show. Nothing was too spectacular really, I enjoyed the Main Event and the latter half of the opening promo, but the in-between was drab and uninspired. I understand what's it like continuing on from the current product though, like I said yesterday, so I'll cut you some slack.

EDIT - Double Post?

seX-Power

This show didn't really feel much like ECW. It must have been the selection of superstars but I liked the fresh feel you gave the show. Good to see you edited in the proper font, btw.

The opening promo with Swagger; immediately seeing some problems here with wording, e.g. 'wearing an anger frown' and 'you don't have time for Jack Swagger' where I assume you meant room. Things like that could be fixed with a quick edit. CM Punk's first lines were also off but he made up for it with the first Straight Edge ECW Championship quip. Christian's attack on straight edge sounded a lot like a promo on this week's Smackdown so idk if they were exactly your lines. Christian's lines also didn't seem right; it's like, the substance and material is there but you let down with poor wording and grammar.

The first match between Swagger and Christian is okay, but at times is just seemed very robotic with a simple sequence of moves and no selling. With matches this short, I think they would benefit with a recap and most of the writing being used on selling. It also seemed like a lot of the match was spent in the corner, but that could just be me. I liked the ending with the countering of the Gutwrench and nailing the Killswitch, and Christian winning was the right thing to do here.

Regal and Jackson backstage seemed rather awkward. They talked to each other like they hadn't even met each other before. Regal was out of character with not a hint of Englishness about him, but I liked how Zeke's lines were short and to the point, making him look kind of badass. This could work if a face turn is in the works for him.

Ryder's little promo before the Shelton squash is just really out of place, like, seriously. Something like that could have been done backstage. I mean, his lines were okay (except for the woo woo woo which just seemed to be there for the sake of it) but he just left after the promo as well which equally confused me. Shelton squash was just a squash. Fire Reks.

Croft and Barretta backstage owned, give these guys the tag titles. Best part of the show so far.

We go to the main event, and if Punk and Chavo are in separate corners, how did Henry charge at both? Also, I don't see someone as small as Chavo taking Henry off his feet with a Reverse DDT. Guerrero hitting the Frog Splash and having it kicked out of shits all over that move, not good imo. Sometimes the action seemed robotic as well like in the first match, and you just need more selling and more adjectives to make the matches more interesting. I did however like the ending once again, with Gallows getting involved and Punk capitalizing.

Overall, the booking of this show was spot on, but the writing let it down. Both matches and promos need work; you need to work on selling in matches and characters in promos. I think you may be rushing things, and this may be due to having three shows. Don't feel compelled to post so quickly, if you need to keep the thread going then make a preview for the show. Overall, I think this could use a lot of improvement, but don't look at this harshly, it's just constructive criticism.

5/10

The Rated R CMStar

Friday Night Smackdown
January 8th, 2010
Louisville, Kentucky

(We see what happened last week on Smackdown. It was the Beat the Clock challenge. Rey Mysterio set the time to beat, and then, right when Batista was going to break that time, he interfered costing Dave the win. Show closed with Vickie Guerrero advising Rey Mysterio to face Batista one on one for the Number One Contendership)

“Booyaka 619â€￾ plays to cheers from the crowd as we open up the show with the Number One Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship, Rey Mysterio.

Grisham: Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Friday Night Smackdown as we open up the show with our controversial Number One Contender, Rey Mysterio.

Striker: Controversial? Rey Mysterio blatantly cheated Batista out a title match with The Undertaker, something that you have to think has angered The Animal to unimaginable levels.

Mysterio settles in the middle of the ring with a microphone in hand.

Rey: What is it Louisville?! Man it feels nice to stand in the middle of this ring as your Number One Contender!

Crowd cheers.

Rey: Last week, I won the Beat the Clock challenge. Now, Batista, he can go and complain all he wants, but personally, I think that after he ruined my title match with The Undertaker, had to stand up to him and that’s exactly what happened. Y ahora, ire al Royal Rumble y me enfrentare a Undertaker por el World Heavyweight Championship!

Crowd pops.

Rey: Vickie Guerrero is a person I respect. I don’t like her, but I respect her, and if Batista wants to go one on one with me, I won’t complain, I’ll do what I have been doing pretty good as of late, defeating him! Me escuchaste Batista, te voy a ganar aqui al frente de toda mi raza otra vez y…

“I Walk Aloneâ€￾ interrupts Rey Mysterio as Batista steps into the stage, walking slowly and protecting his sight from the near blinding sun in the arena with is characteristic sunglasses.

Batista: I don’t care what you say Rey, I don’t care what you think, and I certainly don’t care if you want to face me or not for the Number One Contendership. You cheated last week, just like you have to cheat every time so that you can have a shot at beating me. Now, I wouldn’t go to Teddy Long, because he has shown he’s a lousy General Manager as it is, and Vickie Guerrero isn’t the General Manager, she should be, but she isn’t…

Crowd interrupts Batista with boos.

Batista: So I went directly to the Board of Directors and filed a formal complaint because Rey, what you did last week, granted me a victory via disqualification. And guess what Rey? The Board of Directors agrees with me! They know who is the rightful champion, they know who the spotlight belongs to and they know who should be challenging The Undertaker at Royal Rumble. So Rey, go ahead and leave the ring so this people can see the true Number One Contender.

Batista starts walking towards the ring with boos.

Rey: Hold on Batista. En serio? You went to the Board of Directors? What I did was fair play, specially with what you have been..

Batista: I don’t care Rey, I am the Number One Contender and…

Rey: Do I sense fear Dave? Is that it? You were so scared of me that you had to go and actually file a complaint? I was named the Number One Contender, you don’t see me complaining, I came here to fight, I came here to wrestle you if necessary, but you don’t, because you’re scared, you’re scared that you get embarrassed once again in front of all these people!

Crowd roars. Batista stops walking and stares Rey, then he explodes, throwing his sunglasses away and exuding anger.

Batista: Are you kidding me? You actually think you can hang in the ring with me! I’ll fight you! I’ll fight you Rey! I’ll break your tiny little neck with my own hands and end your career, then walk away with no mercy!

Rey: (equally fired up now) No Batista! The one who is walking away tonight, and as your new Number One Contender, will be me!

“Booyaka 619â€￾ plays in the background as Batista and Rey Mysterio stare at each other, our main event having been agreed, Batista vs Rey Mysterio for a title match against The Undertaker at the Royal Rumble.

(Commercial)

“I am Perfectionâ€￾ welcomes us from commercials as the team of Dolph Ziggler and the returning Charlie Haas make their way down the ramp, taunting the crowd.

Striker: The master of the hold, the grappling sensation, it is truly a pleasure to see Charlie Haas back on Friday Nights.

“Man on Fireâ€￾ plays after half the people in attendance are caught in surprise by the blast of fire on the stage, introducing the Big Red Machine, Kane.

Grisham: This match steams up from what happened last week in the Beat the Clock Challenge, let’s take you back to the one on one encounter between Ziggler and Kane.

(We see Ziggler synching in the Sleeper Hold on Kane, who refuses to tap out causing the time limit to expire)

“What’s upâ€￾ plays to a big ovation from the crowd as R-Truth raps his way down the ramp, most of the people in attendance joining him in the song. Kane gives R-Truth a curious stare as they stand next to each other, waiting for the match to begin.

Kane and R-Truth vs Charlie Haas and Dolph Ziggler

Kane and Charlie Haas kick it off for their respective teams. Haas confronts Kane and badmouths him, putting himself over as the best wrestler in the company; however his verbal diarrhea is ceased with a huge uppercut by the Big Red Machine. The man who sees no evil punishes Haas on the canvas with a series of vicious stomps, and then follows up his decimation by dropping his massive humanity on the body of Haas connecting two elbow drops. Kane takes Charlie to his corner where he makes the tag to the exciting R-Truth. Truth speeds the pace of the match by dashing to the ring ropes and connecting a running clothesline. He repeats this two more times as Charlie Haas groggily kept getting back to his feet. After taunting to the crowd, R-Truth picks Charlie up and body slams him down to the canvas, and makes the tag to Kane, who immediately climbs up to the top rope, and as soon as Charlie makes his way back to his feet, makes Haas wish he never did as Air Kane nails with a perfect flying clothesline. Showing great chemistry and bonding, following the tag team manual, Kane makes a quick tag to R-Truth, who also climbs to the top rope and awaits Charlie to get back to his feet. This time however the tables turn around as when R-Truth crossed the skies looking for a crossbody, Charlie was able to react first and nail his opponent with a gutbuster. A mildly recovered Haas crawls to his corner and makes the tag to Ziggler. A fresh Ziggler storms into the ring and mauls R-Truth with stomps, kicks and punches, gets separated from his victim by the referee but then retakes his offense by channeling Rick Rude and hitting his sequence of three elbow drops, the last one preceded by some showboating. Ziggler picks R-Truth up but only so to that he can connect an awe inspiring reverse suplex. Dolph Ziggler shows the amateur-technical part of his arsenal by locking a headlock, slowly transitioned into the Muta Lock. Ziggler releases the hold so that he can make the tag to Charlie Haas, who quickly enters the ring and continues the punishment on R-Truth with a Japanese Headlock. The crowd support makes R-Truth get an adrenaline rush, and after getting back to his feet and driving his elbow to the gut of Haas, he finds himself free and manages to crawl toward his corner, making the hot tag to the Big Red Monster. Kane enters and receives Haas with a big boot to the face. His flurry continues with clotheslines and then sets for the end with a Sidewalk Slam. Kane taunts for the Chokeslam but needs to stop for a second to send the interfering Ziggler back to the outside of the ring.

Kane tries to follow up on Charlie but instead gets connected with a dropkick to the knee. Charlie then dashes to the ring ropes and bounces back toward Kane, only to get grabbed by the throat. Kane stares at Dolph Ziggler on the outside of the ring as he connects Charlie Haas with a Chokeslam, much to the delight of R-Truth on the apron

Winners: Kane and R-Truth

Striker: Look at the look on the eyes of Kane, we can only speculate on the troubled days ahead of Dolph Ziggler.

Kane and R-Truth stand victorious in the middle of the ring, while Ziggler retrieves to the back.

(Commercial)

We return and we see Beth Pheonix walking backstage, that is until she runs into Mickie James. They stare at each other until Mickie starts talking.

James: Look Beth, I have no problem with you, in fact, I respect you because you are one of the best competitors I’ve ever faced. However, I need to know right now if you are with Michelle and Layla or not?

Beth stares at Mickie, practically showing no emotion.

Beth: Mickie, since you were straight with me I’m going to be straight with you. I don’t like you.

Mickie exhales and lowers his head.

Beth: However, I also don’t like what Michelle and Layla are telling about you to the WWE Universe.

Mickie raises his head and stares at Beth. Both women continue staring at each other until Beth keeps walking. A few steps ahead nonetheless, she runs into Michelle McCool and Layla.

Layla: Hey Michelle, look who it is! It’s the Glamazon! Isn’t it ironic how we were saying how great she is and bam, she appears?

Beth stares at LayCool, not buying into Layla’s hypocritical comments.

Michelle: Yeah and it’s great you showed up Beth because, Layla and I wanted to say we are sorry for what happened last week, that wasn’t for you, it was totally for Piggie James.

Layla: Totally for Piggie James…

Beth has finally had enough and she walks away, leaving Lay-Cool behind confused.

Michelle: Was it something I said?

We go to another place backstage to Josh Matthews, being accompanied by the Hart Dinasty.

Matthews: Standing next to me is The Hart Dinasty, guys, Monday night the world was shocked when guest host, Bret The Hitman Hart was found attacked and bloodied. Nobody quite knows who is responsible for this coldblooded attack, but tonight, David Hart Smith goes one on one with one of the people pointed out as a possible attacker, Chris Jericho. Your thoughts?

Natalya: What happened Monday Night is an embarrassment and a slap on the face of the Hart Family. You can’t even imagine how mad, how angry we have been this entire week.

Kidd: Bret Hart…Bret Hart was the man who introduced me to this business, he trained me, Bret was like, he was like a…

Tyson Kidd can’t continue talking as he’s overwhelmed by emotions.

Natalya: For the sake of everyone in the WWE, the coward who did this to Bret, better reveal himself and do it fast.

Smith: As for tonight goes, Jericho, I don’t know if you did it or not, but I am going to make sure I beat the truth out of you!

Scene goes back to the ring area.

“Break Down the Wallsâ€￾ plays to boos from the audience as Chris Jericho makes his way down the ramp, his face showing arrogance, although without the same confidence as always.

Grisham: It certainly seems Chris Jericho is walking into this contest as a marked man, isn’t he Matt?

Striker: Chris Jericho has made a career of being the marked man, this isn’t any different for the Mastermind of Friday Nights, Chris Jericho.

Chris Jericho stands in the middle of the ring after having demanded a microphone.

Jericho: Look, I don’t care what all of these gelatinous tapeworms think of me, because they may be booing me, but the only reason they are here is to see Chris Jericho. They are as hypocritical as it gets.

Crowd boos

Jericho: Yeah, I said it. However, I do care what you, Hart Dinasty, think of me. I watched you grew guys, I watched you evolve from this promising young prospects in the Dungeon, to this fine, world class performers that are part of the show I am the face of.

Crowd boos.

Jericho: Just because I didn’t pander to Bret Hart every single desire Monday Night being a part of the fallacy my peers created doesn’t mean I am responsible for Bret’s demise and attack.

Crowd boos Jericho more and start a “You suckâ€￾ chant.

Jericho: However, if you prefer to listen to all of these sycophants instead of me, who am an honest man, then I will have to show you why I am the best in the world at what I do!

Grisham: Chris Jericho goes one on one with David Hart Smith, that match is next!

(Commercial)

We return and we are in the middle of The Hart Dinasty’s entrance. Chris Jericho has rolled out of the ring. DH Smith enters the ring and the referee rings the bell.

Chris Jericho vs David Hart Smith w/Tyson Kidd and Natalya

Smith is all fired up and ready to go in the middle of the ring, salivating over the prospect of Chris Jericho returning to the inside of the ring. Jericho finally returns to the inside of the ring, although tentatively. Jericho advances toward DH Smith aiming for a lock up, however as he advances toward Smith he gets floored by a huge clothesline. Jericho crawls away from his opponent, but all he ends up doing is trapping himself against the corner, where the referee has to rescue him from DH’s stomps. The crowd begins to rally behind David Hart Smith as he grabs Chris Jericho in a front facelock and then repeatedly drives his knee to the middle section of the face of Smackdown. Smith continues releasing his anger on Chris Jericho as he connects a series of consecutive suplex, ranging from German Suplex to Belly to Back Suplex. A beat up Chris Jericho tries to talk his case to David Hart Smith, however all he gets as a response is an attempted punch, attempted as Chris Jericho manages to sidestep away and reverse with an arm twist. With the arm trapped, Jericho brings Smith down to the canvas locking in his now patented version of a chinlock. Jericho talks some trash to David’s ear, however he silences is surprise and in awe of his opponent’s raw power as Smith gets up to his feet as he if wasn’t being punished by Jericho’s hold and using his free arm, just tosses Jericho over his head down to the canvas. Smith has truly lost it now and he berates on the fallen Chris Jericho, who know can’t hide his intimidation and crawls backing down away from Smith, that is until he finds his back against the ropes, literally. Smith bounces to the set of opposite rings ropes and charges against him, however Chris Jericho manages to roll out of the ring right on the nick of time. Staring at Chris from the inside of the ring, Smith continues recriminating him about Bret’s attack on Raw. The referee’s count reaches 8, 9, and probably to avoid any more punishment from the irate DH Smith, Chris Jericho starts making his way up the ramp, losing the match.

Winner: David Hart Smith via count out.

Chris Jericho stares at the inside of the ring with a look of concern on his face, before finally returning to the backstage area. David Hart Smith is joined by Tyson Kidd and Natalya in the middle of the ring. Smith is beside himself and he kicks the bottom rope and rips one turnbuckle pad open as he stares at the stage in impotence and anger.

We go backstage and we see CM Punk and Luke Gallows walking. They are saving a member of the WWE Universe, next.

(Commercial)

Grisham: Ladies and Gentlemen welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown as we are moments away from…CM Punk saving a member of the WWE Universe? Is that correct?

Striker: Silence Todd, it is about to begin…

“This Fire Burnsâ€￾ plays to boos from the crowd as CM Punk carrying a steel chair, being accompanied by Luke Gallows, who is carrying a small black bag, walks slowly down the ramp, creating a mood, as he approaches the ring.

CM Punk: As the man of his word that I am, tonight, I will fulfill my promise of saving one member of the WWE Universe tonight!

Crowd boos.

CM Punk: Unfortunately, not everybody is smart enough to see the light of salvation, stretch his hand and grab it. And of course, not everybody deserves enough to be saved. I know that should I mention prescription pills, cigars, alcohol, all, each and every one of them would get a standing ovation from you people.

Crowd cheers very loudly.

CM Punk: Pathetic, you people are pathetic.

Some of the people continue cheering, although the others now boo.

CM Punk: You know what is also pathetic? Today’s society. You people are like monkeys, doing what your so called leaders, your so called idols, tell you to do. You are nothing more than followers, mindless sheep, but it shouldn’t come as any surprise, taking into account that hallucinogic screen forbidding you to see clearly.

Crowd boos.

CM Punk: That, that, and the fact that your entire selection of leaders seems rather influenced by you being high on some sort of pharmaceutical illegal substance. But, that’s, that’s an entire different subject;

Throughout the week, I came to the realization that you people won’t want to get saved because it’s too big of a decision to take by yourself, without having none of your false idols to follow, to imitate. That’s when, when I knew what I had to do. I can’t randomly pick one of you and save you from the life of addiction you currently are attached to, no, I need to set an example, I need to select and save somebody so big, so important to you and show him the way, so that you people line up and do what you do best, besides filling your cup with your doses of booze, and that is follow.

Crowd boos.

CM Punk: World Wrestling Entertainment isn’t immune to the corruption, the moral corruption of the life of addiction that seems to be so popular nowadays. There are rumors that the night before Wrestlemania, in the Hall of Fame, one certain man will be inducted. That man is no other than Aurelian Smith.

Crowd doesn’t react as they don’t know who he is.

CM Punk: Oh you don’t know who he is? That’s not strange, considering Aurelian himself doesn’t know who he is anymore. Aurelian gave up to a life of excesses, of over the counter drugs, alcohol, prescription pills, cigarettes, he turned his body, a machine devised to perform in the business of sports entertainment, he turned it into a sewer. Aurelian Smith is the man known by all of you people as Jake “the Snakeâ€￾ Roberts.

Crowd cheers now.

CM Punk: Jake, I know you’re back there, and I’m offering you the chance to clean up your name, begin as a new self and be reborn as a member of the straightedge society!

The Rated R CMStar

It takes a while, but finally “Snake Bit” plays to cheers from the audience as Jake Roberts, who was indeed in attendance, appears on the stage and walks down the ramp and into the ring, where he joins CM Punk and Luke Gallows.

CM Punk: Jake Roberts!

Crowd cheers even more.

CM Punk: You know Jake, the fact that these people cheer for you stands as a proof of everything that’s wrong.

Crowd boos.

CM Punk: When these people cheer for you, they are cheering for that life of addiction you have so shamelessly put yourself through, and I can’t allow someone like you be in the WWE Hall of Fame. However Jake, you can rejoice on the fact that I am offering you the opportunity to serve as a witness of what straightedge can do for each and every one of these people in attendance tonight.

Crowd boos.

CM Punk: Jake, I need to hear it, all of these people need to hear it, say you accept straightedge into your life, say you are ready to chance, Jake, say you accept CM Punk as your and only true savior.

Crowd boos.

Roberts: You know CM Punk, it’s no secret I have had a troubled past, and it’s no secret I have tried to bounce back to no avail…

CM Punk: It doesn’t matter. You are amongst friends now Jake, Luke and I, we are not judging you, we’re not judging who you were, we just want to introduce you to the new Jake Roberts.

Roberts: Make no mistake about Punk, I regret not a single thing about my past!

Crowd cheers as CM Punk sells disbelief.

Roberts: I have made many big things in my career, faced some of the biggest names in this industry. I have been able to live my dream of being a professional wrestler, and in some way, all my mistakes, have been part of that dream. All those mistakes are part of what I am today.

Crowd cheers

Roberts: However, I agree that maybe it’s time that I change my lifetime for the better.

Crowd boos as they can’t believe Jake Roberts is actually agreeing to this.

CM Punk: Jake, you have no idea how satisfying those words are for me. Now Jake, say it, say you are ready to change.

Roberts: I am ready to change.

CM Punk: Say it Jake, say “I, Jake the Snake Roberts” pledge alliance to the Straightedge Society, say you won’t succumb anymore to the influence of all the enablers, because they certainly aren’t friends or family, they are enablers, say you accept me as your savior!

Roberts: I, Jake the Snake Roberts, want to chance, and I accept CM Punk as my savior.

Crowd can’t believe legend Jake Roberts just uttered those words.

CM Punk: Now Jake, talk is simple, however, words come and go, and you need to do something else to finally seal your new self as a member of my straightedge society…

CM Punk sets the steel chair in the middle of the ring and indicates Jake Roberts to seat on it. Jake does so, and after this, Luke Gallows reveals that what was on his black bag were the utensils to cut Jake’s hair.

Jake Roberts seems a little hesitant about this, however he finally comes to terms with the idea and opposes no restriction as CM Punk shaves his hair. After the deed is finished, the now bold Jake Roberts stands next to CM Punk and Luke Gallows with their arms held up high.

CM Punk: Now Jake, every time you see yourself mirror, you will know you are stronger, but most importantly you will now that you are now better than everybody else!

CM Punk raises Roberts’s hand. Luke Gallows grabs the microphone.

Gallows: This week, it happened to Jake “The Snake” Roberts, next week, CM Punk could save you!

All three man stand in the middle of the ring, a massive amount of boos surrounding them.

(Commercial)

“I Can Slap a Tornado” plays to cheers from the audience as the Heart and Soul of Smackdown, Matt Hardy, fired up walks down the ramp ready for his match.

Grisham: I can’t believe it. I had dreamt with the return of Jake The Snake Roberts to WWE, but I had never envisioned it by him joining the Straightedge Sociaty.

Striker: Why do you say it as if it were bad thing? For the first time in his career Jake Roberts can look himself in a mirror and not feel ashamed of himself.

Grisham: But now, we get ready to see Matt Hardy in action, a man who has had his share of conflicts with Punk in the past.

“Lambeg” plays to cheers from the audience reacting to Finlay’s campy theme song as the smiling Irishman, Finlay, enters the ring ready to do battle.

Matt Hardy vs Finlay

Matt Hardy and Finlay kick off their affair with an all out brawl, which expands all over the ring until the referee interferes. Once they finally are separated, they restart their offense by a violent exchange of straight right hands. Hardy gets the upperhand with a kick to the middle section, however Finlay manages to double Matt Hardy as well with a straight up blow to the gut. Finlay backs Hardy into a corner with a series of European uppercuts, and then follows up his offense with repeated shoulder thrusts punishing the ribs of Hardy. Hardy collapses away from the corner, and Finlay shows no mercy as he connects the running seated senton. Finlay goes to repeat this, however this time Matt Hardy manages to roll out of the way letting Finlay crash and burn. Hardy continues his comeback by hitting a low dropkick to the face of the sitting Finlay, and then after climbing to the top rope he hits his trademarked elbow drop to the back of the neck. Matt Hardy starts taunting Finlay for the Twist of Fate, however when Matt goes for it, he gets countered and blasted by Finlay’s Rolling Fireman’s Carry Slam. Hardy grimaces in pain grabbing his ribs as Finlay brings him back to his feet. Hardy tries to get an out of nowhere Twist of Fate, however Finlay turns it into a Backslide Pin. Matt Hardy nonetheless manages to roll through it and over his head and ends back to his feet. Finlay incorporates only to get connected by a DDT by Matt Hardy. Hardy collapses in pain not being able to follow up though, for enough time to let Finlay shake off the cobwebs and recover from the DDT. Finlay rampages toward Hardy and floors him with a stiff looking clothesline. Finlay hoists Matt Hardy over his shoulders setting him up for the Celtic Cross, however right before he’s able to connect it, Matt Hardy reverses into a roll up, which surprises Finlay enough to get the one, two, three.

Winner: Matt Hardy

Striker: The man who never dies, the heart and soul of Smackdown, is also the one who is victorious here tonight.

We see the image of the triumphant Matt Hardy holding his ribs in pain before we go backstage, where we see Teddy Long in his office. Suddenly, The Great Khali and Runjin Singh step into the office very agitated. Khali rambles some Indian nonsense.

Singh: The Great Khali wants to know why none of his stuff are in his locker room anymore?

Long: I’m sorry playa’s that I didn’t inform this to you both any sooner, but your contracts have been shifted from the blue brand to extreme ECW.

Singh: You mean to tell me you sent us to ECW?

Long: That’s exactly what I said man.

Khali rambles some more.

Singh: The Great Khali says, that’s why you are on probation.

Khali and Singh walk away, not happy with Theodore Long’s actions.

We go to another place backstage and we see Matt Hardy walking, holding his ribs in pain, until he runs into no other than Mike Knox. Hardy, a little intimidated, stares at Mike.

Hardy: Hey Mike…

Knox continues staring at Matt Hardy, until he finally rampages against the Hardy boy, just launching him against a wall. Mike continues releasing his aggression on the floored Matt Hardy with a series of stomps on the already hurt ribs. It takes a few seconds but finally Mike Knox seems satisfied with his beating and walks away, leaving Matt Hardy behind, not even moving.

(Commercial)

We return and Layla, being accompanied by Michelle McCool, are already in the ring, staring at the stage with a slight amount of fear and intimidation on their faces as Layla awaits for her opponent.

“Glamazon” plays to a mixed reaction as the women who rules the women’s division, Beth Pheonix, looking rather imposing, makes her way into the ring, which prompts McCool to immediately roll out of the ring and avoid any problems.

Beth Pheonix vs Layla w/ Women’s Champion Michelle McCool

Beth Pheonix and Layla stare at one another from opposite ends of the ring, Beth looking confident while Layla’s face can’t hide that she obviously doesn’t want to be in the ring with Beth Pheonix, especially not tonight since all signs point out that The Glamazon is rather angry. Layla slowly approaches her opponent and tentatively offers her hand to apologize, but Beth answers this offer of truce with a shoulder tackle. Beth seems to grin for a second, but then she follows but as she hits a dominator after spinning Layla around. Layla screams in pain holding her back. Beth Pheonix stares at Michelle McCool on the outside of the ring, probably sending the message that this could very well be her. Beth refocuses on her British victim and kicks Layla out of the ring and then, confirming that she is indeed sending a message to the Women’s Champion, says that she wants Michelle in the ring. And intimidated Michelle rolls Layla back in. Layla seizes what could very well be her only chance in this match and she attacks Beth Pheonix with a kick to the knee and then, after Beth doubles herself, one to the head. Beth comes back and pushes Layla into the turnbuckles but misses a charge. Layla seems to be gaining momentum and confidence and climbs on Beth’s back and chokes her, however she is no match for The Glamazon, and Beth with a snap mare easily brings the situation back to normal. Beth is sick of playing games, and her anger comes out as she pulls Layla up by the hair and hits the Glam Slam for the three count.

Winner: Beth Pheonix.

Grisham: What a..uhh watch out!

Before Beth can celebrate, Michelle McCool runs into the ring and cheap shots Beth Pheonix, tackling her to the canvas and then pounding Beth with a series of straight right hands. Layla finally recovers from the onslaught she suffered at the hands of the Glamazon and joins Michelle in the punishment. They are forced to stop however, as no other than the Number One Contender for Michelle’s belt at the Royal Rumble, Mickie James, comes running down the ramp to make the save. Michelle McCool and Layla don’t stay to find out what exactly are Mickie James’s intentions and instead they quickly roll out of the ring. Beth Pheonix pulls herself together and looks at Mickie James with a conflicted look on her face, as Mickie taunts at Michelle, who backs down up the ramp.

(Commercial)

(We see the Raw rebound, this being the same shown during ECW)

Grisham: And as it has been covered by WWE.com this entire week, Booker T luckily didn’t suffer a concussion at the hands of Sheamus vicious kick, however, we understand he did suffer some sort of neck injury.

Striker: Not the way Booker T would have wanted to return I am sure, but if you ask me, he got off easily from a fight with the Celtic Warrior Sheamus.

(We see what happened last week in the Intercontinental Title match between Drew McIntyre and John Morrison, as Morrison was disqualified for supposedly pushing the referee, although we can clearly see it was Drew who shoved John Morrison into the referee)

We go backstage and we see Josh Matthews standing alongside Intercontinental Champion Drew McIntyre, dressed sharply in a suit.

Matthews: Drew, many people are talking about how you deliberately pushed John Morrison into the referee in order to get your opponent disqualified and remain Intercontinental Champion. What are your thoughts on these accusations?

Drew: I say they are ridiculous. I am currently undefeated here in the WWE, nobody has been able to pin me, and quite frankly, I don’t think nobody will. Last week, I was showing to the world exactly why Vince Mcmahon personally sign me and appoint me as a future World Champion, however, John Morrison got so frustrated about this, that he had to go and ruin it for me and get himself disqualified.

Drew takes a moment to look at Josh.

Drew: I can take John Morrison at any time, but I don’t John Morrison deserves another shot, and as of right now, I am focused on becoming the first Intercontinental Champion on winning the Royal Rumble!

The segment is not quite over as the man in question, John Morrison, steps into the scene.

Morrison: You know Drew, in that Scottish nonsense you just rambled, you said something right, I am not getting another Intercontinental Title match. The entire WWE Universe already knows that I am better than you, and since I know you will just keep avoiding me, I am also moving on. Drew, I am taking my focus off from you and setting it on winning the Royal Rumble!

Crowd boos.

Morrison: You can stay in your little Intercontinental Title party, but as for the World Championship party, well, that’s over for you, fella (John finishes this statement with Scottish accent.)

Drew: I know what you are trying to do here John, you are trying to get on my head before the Rumble or get my angry so I give you another title match and…

Morrison: Are you that dumb? I am above you now. Drew, I am going to win the World Heavyweight Championship, and that road starts at the Royal Rumble. However, let me tell you, if you get on my way once again, title on the line or not, you are going to regret it.

Drew McIntyre and John Morrison get forehead to forehead.

Morrison: And that’s that, "champ".

John Morrison turns around and walks away. Drew McIntyre seems angered by this and tries to go after Morrison, but thinks it better and doesn’t, instead just looking angry and breathing heavily.

(Batista vs Rey Mysterio, the winner facing Undertaker at the Royal Rumble, NEXT)

(Commercial)

“Booyaka 619” plays to an ovation from the crowd as the biggest little man in the history of the WWE, Rey Mysterio, high fives and gets forehead to forehead with little kids on the first row on his way down the ramp and into the ring.

Striker: The match we have all been waiting for the entire week, Rey Mysterio, Batista, one of these two will go on to face the Deadman himself, The Undertaker, at the Royal Rumble.

“I Walk Alone” breaks through the PA system to boos from the audience, as lights get turned off and the only spotlight belongs to the Animal, Batista, as he powerwalks down the ramp with a grin on his face, looking pretty confident on beating Rey Rey.

Striker: The alter beast Batista, could not only get the spotlight he so strongly craves, but also, a title match against Undertaker.

Grisham: But to do so, he will have to defeat no other than Rey Mysterio.

Striker: You’re telling it as if that is so hard for Batista. You’re talking about the man who completely destroyed Rey Mysterio at Survivor Series. We could very well be witnessing the end of Rey Mysterio’s career here tonight.

Winner challenges Undertaker at the Royal Rumble
Batista vs Rey Mysterio

Batista and Rey Myterio start circling one another, looking for a spot to attack the other. Suddenly, Rey Mysterio slides out of the ring, prompting Batista to follow him. Rey runs around the ring before finally returning to the inside. He dashes to the ring ropes and bounces back trying to surprise the returning Batista, however all he gets is a big clothesline that knocks him down. Batista, half jokingly and half punishing Rey Rey, gets on top of him and pummels him with straight right hands, before sending him to the ring ropes and connecting Mysterio with a huge back breaker. Batista seems to just be having fun as he throws Batista into the corner and punishes him with his trademarked shoulder thrusts. Batista walks to the opposite side of the ring and rampages toward Rey Rey, however Mysterio maintains the distance and saves himself by sticking his boot on the way connecting The Animal on the face. Rey climbs to the second rope and flies toward Batista, who at first thinks he has it countered but it ain’t to be as Rey Mysterio performs a Hurricanrana and sends Batista into the second turnbuckle – the 619 position-. Rey bounces to the ring ropes looking to indeed connect The Animal with some 619, however Batista manages to roll out of the ring and avoid any contact. Rey from the inside of the ring measures Batista and catches him by surprise with a pescado. Now on the outside of the ring, Rey Mysterio waits for Batista to get back to his feet, however he gets greedy and as he leaps against Batista looking to attack him, Batista catches him in mid air and slams him right into the concrete floor. We go to commercials.

(Commercial)

We are back and we see Rey Mysterio sitting on the top rope, getting punched and punished by Batista. Batista grabs Rey by the throat as he starts climbing up the ropes, however Rey creates some distance with kicks to the gut. Rey takes full advantage of this and comes flying through the air connecting a missile dropkick. Rey continues creating momentum with some calf kicks and then as he has Batista sitting on the canvas with a dropkick to the face. Rey rolls out to the apron and waits for Batista to get up and when he does, Mysterio springboards looking for a crossbody, however Batista manages to catch him in mid air and then aims to connect a powerslam, but the reversals continue as Rey hits an arm drag that sends Batista once again into the 619 position. Rey goes once again for it but ends up eating some boot. Batista is now angered and picks up Rey Mysterio and blasts him with a huge spinebuster. He’s not quite over and he picks Rey Mysterio back so that he can repeat the punishment. Batista is impressed about his performance and taunts to the crowd flexing his muscles. The Animal goes for the trifecta of spinebusters, however this time Rey Mysterio manages to reverse the spinebuster into a DDT. Rey follows up with his trademarked wheelbarrow into a bulldog. Rey seems to think this strategy of taunting Batista waiting for him to get up and then attack him works, as he goes to do it again, however this time Batista blocks it with a kick to the middle section, setting him in position. Batista hoists Rey Mysterio up looking for the Batista Bomb. Nonetheless, Rey manages to slide out of the grasp of his attacker. Batista and Rey Mysterio stare at one another for a brief instance before hell breaks loose. Rey goes at Batista with kicks to the legs and blows to the gut while Batista punishes the biggest little man with punches to the skull. The referee tries to separate both gladiators; however he gets pushed away by both. The referee, a little frustrated, gets back to his feet and tries once again to separate Batista from Rey Mysterio and have a clean start, however Rey Mysterio and Batista caught in their all out war, shove the referee down into the canvas once again. The referee won’t have any of this anymore and he orders the bell to be rang, ending the match in an underwhelming draw.

Result: Draw

Batista and Rey Mysterio don’t even seem to notice that the referee has declared the match a draw and therefore neither of them getting the number one contender honors, as they continue their brawl all over the ring. The referee has fulfilled his duties and he gets out of the ring leaving it all for the dueling warriors. However, as the referee leaves, someone else enters…preceded by a gong that takes the lights out with him.

The crowd cheers as they remain in the darkness, unknowing of what’s going on. Finally, a gong brings everything back to normality, and chaos is revealed in the ring, as Batista and Rey Mysterio both are knocked out at the feet of the now present World Heavyweight Champion, The Undertaker, who is standing right in the middle of the ring with a microphone in hand.

Undertaker: At the Royal Rumble, Batista, Rey Mysterio, you will both, rest in peace!

Striker: Who better to select who he faces at the Royal Rumble than the champion himself!

Grisham: And it has been decided, Undertaker will defend against both Rey Mysterio and Batista in a Triple Threat Match.

A gong sounds once again as the lights turn neon blue and smoke surrounds the ring. The Undertaker goes down to one knee, remaining imposing over the two men who will be challenging him at Royal Rumble, Batista and Rey Mysterio.

Show ends

Royal Rumble

World Heavyweight Championship:
Undertaker (c) vs Batista vs Rey Mysterio

ECW Championship
Christian (c) vs Winner of the ECW Homecoming Battle Royal

Women's Championship
Michelle McCool (c) vs Mickie James

Royal Rumble Match