• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Wrestle Kingdom 12

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate the Tokyo Dome Show/ Wrestle Kingdom 12 and leave some comments to let us know what you thought of the show!

New Japan Rumble Gauntlet Match

Masahito Kakihara won the Gauntlet match.

IWGP Junior Tag Team Championship: Champion Roppongi 3K vs Young Bucks

The Young Bucks won the IWGPJunior Tag Team Championship by pin fall

Never Open Weight Six Man Tag Gauntlet: Champions Bad Luck Fale, Toma Tonga and Tanga Loa vs Chao (Beretta, Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano vs Michael Elgin and War Machine vs Suziki Gun (Taichi, Takashi Lizuka and Jack Sabre Jr) vs Taguchi Japan (Juice Robinson, Ryusuke Taguchi and Togi Makabe)

Chaos won the championship by pin fall

Cody vs Kota Ibushi

Ibushi defeated Cody by pin fall

Killer Elite Squad vs Los Ingobernables de Japan

Los Ingobernables de Japan won by pin fall

Never Openweight Championship: Champion Minoru Suzuki vs Hirooki Goto

Goto pinned Suzuki to become the new champion. After the match,Suzuki shaved his own head.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship:Champion Marty Scurll vs Hiromu Takahashi vs Kushida vs Will Ospreay

Will Ospreay won the championship by pin fall

IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match: Champion Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Jay White

Tanahasi retained by pin fall

IWGP United States Championship Match: Champion Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho

Kenny Omega retained by pin fall.

IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: Champion Kazuchika Okada Tetsuya Naito

Okada retained by pin fall

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I had pretty high expectations for this show and New Japan definitely delivered once again. Not a bad match on this show, the tag matches were fun and the other matches were all good-to-great. My matches of the night are in a hard tie between Goto/Suzuki, Jericho/Omega and the main event ( Naito/Okada). WK12 was just a consistent ~6 hours of quality wrestling. I'm thinking a solid 8/10.

The Good:

I mean pretty much the entire show.

Suzuki Vs. Goto really stood out to me because of just how fucking brutal it was while being able to tell a great story. Would've liked to see Suzuki retain here but given the story and stipulation this was good comeuppance for Suzuki, Really nice introduction the nightmare that is Minoru Suzuki for all the first time watchers.

Jericho honestly surprised me with his match it was better than expected. Definitely a highlight of the night this match was and these two definitely put on a match that will be talked about all year.

Sigh...no LIJ takeover but man the main event was amazing.

Jurina Matsui is kawaii AF

The Bad:

The amount of title changes. I would've liked to see Roppongi 3K, Suzuki and Marty Scrull all retain. It would've made the World title matches a little more unpredictable. However, the matches leading up to these title changes were all pretty damn good so I don't mind too much.

The Meh:

Rhodes Vs. Ibushi, aside from that deadly ass apron spot the match was just a few steps above a standard WWE mid-card match.

Tanahashi Vs. Jay White was honestly my least favorite match on the card. It wasn't bad it was just kind of happening. I can't get into Jay White with the switchblade gimmick yet hopefully he'll step it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: WholeFN'Moe
Reaction score
I do not want to bury shit but japanese wrestling to me sucks. I am not an attention whore. All it was was a spot fest. Davie boy smith tag was fucking shit. It had no fucking psychology. Omega and jericho i watched it a little. So basically what i took from that is that if i powerbomb somebody in the floor hit him for 30 mins with weapons that means jackshit? What the fuck. No no not my cup of tea.

• Haha
Reactions: MildlyUpsetGerbil

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I do not want to bury shit but japanese wrestling to me sucks. I am not an attention whore. All it was was a spot fest. Davie boy smith tag was fucking shit. It had no fucking psychology. Omega and jericho i watched it a little. So basically what i took from that is that if i powerbomb somebody in the floor hit him for 30 mins with weapons that means jackshit? What the fuck. No no not my cup of tea.
it's legit all the same shit.
don't know how you came to that conclusion and differentiated it from WWE.

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Saying Japanese wrestling as a whole sucks just because you didn't enjoy a specific show of a specific company is very ignorant. There are various styles of wrestling in Japan, it's not just "Japanese wrestling". It's like saying all American wrestling is "Sports Entertainment".

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe
Reaction score
Saying Japanese wrestling as a whole sucks just because you didn't enjoy a specific show of a specific company is very ignorant. There are various styles of wrestling in Japan, it's not just "Japanese wrestling". It's like saying all American wrestling is "Sports Entertainment".
I said it was too scripted. Too scripted strong style is a recipe for disaster. I just didn't get it. The tag tittle match was like what the fuck. They beat theshit out them like they were in a movie and then the faces buried the heels finish. Tell me where is the psychology in that. If you broke down the match between y2j and omega what was the story or the drama? To me it was confusing as hell. Although i kinda liked the finish.

JBan

Reaction score
Great show. I probably am rating it higher than it should be rated, but 9/10. Probably because this is the first time I've sat and watched a PPV with friends. I really enjoyed the 4 way featuring Scurll, Kushida, Ospreay, and Takahashi. Jericho vs Omega was great because it exceeded expectations, and Naito/Okada put on a great match. Another gem is Suzuki vs Goto, I wasn't expecting much since I would've rather had Ishii in the match instead of Goto but it turned out being really good. The story was phenomenal and the match itself was a great one.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Obviously WK is getting more and more of a Mania-type show so there are a couple matches that felt a bit too much for my taste as they're just trying to put more people on the card, just like the E does with Mania. Matches that struck out to me was the opener with the Young Bucks, which shouldn't shock anyone because the Young Bucks are great, Cody vs Ibushi because Ibushi is great and the Fatal 4 Way Juniors match because it's a ridiculous, fast paced spotfest but I liked it

Now, to the 2 big ones, Jericho vs Omega was unsuspectingly great and I think the key to enjoying this match was to not expect much in the first place. Despite Jericho's undeniable dad bod-belly, he managed to keep up for Omega and they managed to put on a great match. I'm happy for Jericho that he was able to do it and succeed at it, must definitely feel great for him. Can also tell that he really enjoyed this anti-PG heel role he got to play and just let loose a bit for once. But ye, not a complete banger but definitely way better than I expected so I'll applaud Jericho on that, mainly because we all know Kenny can go.
Good god, Okada's pants. I can't look away, I don't even know what happened during the match because those pants were just too damn tragic. Anyways, I guess some people are upset over Naito not getting the win over Okada here but sometimes you just have to put your stock into one guy and go with him, and that's Okada right now. He is their mega star, their face of the company some would say and I think they have every right to do so. We all know that most wrestling fans have this uncontrollable urge to hate someone who wins a lot of big matches clean, but him and Naito put on a great match with an amazing ending and I have nothing to complain about besides those goddamn pants.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Wrasslemaniac

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Sorry to divert for a moment, have only saw couple parts of it but signed up for NJPW World as I really want to start giving NJPW a go but its more to ask was there only really 35K there in a stadium that holds 46K (without floor seats). From high angle shots and photos i've seen its got me asking do they play down their attendances or was there genuinely 10,000 seats less than capacity because it looked full

Crash

Reaction score
7/10
Not bad at all, but definitely a step lower than the previous 3 WK, My favorite match was Alpha vs Omega. I also liked the Bucks match it was fine, I think Naito should have won tho. The Gauntlet Match was the worst part of the show IMO.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Its on another level. It was such a strobg style spot fest. It being it slow made it so obvious.
Not sure what this is supposed to mean? Is this just based off the match you saw? Like no disrespect, just curious.
I don't watch Japanese wrestling myself or at least a constant basis, but I didn't really feel that.
If anything, they're more hard hitting wouldn't say spotfest.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...I got me a copy of Wrestle Kingdom 12 so I could watch Omega vs. Jericho...

I'm watching this match having seen none of the build up with no real investment...
& I'm also watching it with the English commentary.

So...here is my "Play by Play"
~ Judas worked really well as an entrance theme for Jericho...
~ I don't like Omega's theme music...but his Anubis/Set headdress was pretty cool...
~ That U.S title puts the WWE's to shame...
~ Why are the Young Bucks here? Are they always hanging around Omega? He doesn't need them.
~ Red Shoes is cool...
~ Has anyone ever noticed that Omega has a "wildness" in his eyes...like he isn't all there?
~ I love how the Japanese crowds "WOOOO!" for the chops...but I'm guessing that's a worldwide thing?
~ The New Japan camera work is so much better than that on WWE programming.
~ Omega "spring boarding" through the announce table was awesome...especially so early in the match...
~ Jericho attacked Red Shoes!!! And he'll put anyone in "the Walls" he don't give a fuck!
~ The English commentary got knocked off the air...
~ They have 20 counts?
~ The powerbomb on the floor was brutal...
~ Jesus Omega can fly...
~ The spray bottle spot was great...
~ Those were some heavy chair shots...
~ I see blood...
~ More chair shots...
~ That running knee strike to Jericho to send him through the table outside was awesome...
~ Man...Kenny hits hard...those knee strikes...Fucking Ouch!
~ Now there is no need to hit Red Shoes Chris...
~ What a Codebreaker!!!
~ ONE-WINGED ANGEL!!! ON A CHAIR!!! 1, 2, 3!!!

All in all...it was a pretty great match...Heel Jericho was cool, the match had a steady
pace which I liked & I'm finally starting to understand all the hype around Omega.

Now I also decided to watch Okada vs. Naito...and this is first time I've seen Naito wrestle...
and it was also an amazing match...not as good as Okada/Omega I but still it was awesome.

I have one question though...has Naito always looked like a crazy, homeless person?

So...I have a copy of the entire event...can anyone recommend any others matches I should watch?
I don't think I could make it through the entire event.

Last edited:

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Okay...I got me a copy of Wrestle Kingdom 12 so I could watch Omega vs. Jericho...

I'm watching this match having seen none of the build up with no real investment...
& I'm also watching it with the English commentary.

So...here is my "Play by Play"
~ Judas worked really well as an entrance theme for Jericho...
~ I don't like Omega's theme music...but his Anubis/Set headdress was pretty cool...
~ That U.S title puts the WWE's to shame...
~ Why are the Young Bucks here? Are they always hanging around Omega? He doesn't need them.
~ Red Shoes is cool...
~ Has anyone ever noticed that Omega has a "wildness" in his eyes...like he isn't all there?
~ I love how the Japanese crowds "WOOOO!" for the chops...but I'm guessing that's a worldwide thing?
~ The New Japan camera work is so much better than that on WWE programming.
~ Omega "spring boarding" through the announce table was awesome...especially so early in the match...
~ Jericho attacked Red Shoes!!! And he'll put anyone in "the Walls" he don't give a fuck!
~ The English commentary got knocked off the air...
~ They have 20 counts?
~ The powerbomb on the floor was brutal...
~ Jesus Omega can fly...
~ The spray bottle spot was great...
~ Those were some heavy chair shots...
~ I see blood...
~ More chair shots...
~ That running knee strike to Jericho to send him through the table outside was awesome...
~ Man...Kenny hits hard...those knee strikes...Fucking Ouch!
~ Now there is no need to hit Red Shoes Chris...
~ What a Codebreaker!!!
~ ONE WINGED ANGEL!!! ON A CHAIR!!! 1, 2, 3!!!

All in all...it was a pretty great match...Heel Jericho was cool, the match had a steady
pace which I liked & I'm finally starting to understand all the hype around Omega.

Now I also decided to watch Okada vs. Naito...and this is first time I've seen Naito wrestle...
and it was also an amazing match...not as good as Okada/Omega I but still it was awesome.

I have one question though...has Naito always looked like a crazy, homeless person?

So...I have a copy of the entire event...can anyone recommend any others matches I should watch?
I don't think I could make it through the entire event.

Suzuki/Goto, Cody/Ibushi and the fatal 4 way. The IWGP Jr tag team match to start the show was lit as well.