• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What would you rate TLC 2015

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Prince Bálor's WWE Journey
Destination: TLC - Boston, MA
Date: 12/13/15

tumblr_inline_nzboayCfzR1r5344l_500.jpg

- The New Day vs The Lucha Dragons vs The Usos was a very good show opener and MOTN. ***¾
What a demolition derby! We couldn't have asked for a better opener, seriously. All the guys worked hard and the match was the most entertaining human wreck we've see in the WWE all year. Spot of the night goes to Kalisto (who was also MVP here) performing Salida del Sol on one of the Usos from the top of the ladder onto a bridged ladder. That was bonkers, I marked! Ultimately, the right team won and everything's alright in the world.

- Rusev vs Ryback was incredibly dull. *¼
Technically, there was nothing wrong with the match/action, except, you know, it was boring and heatless. Rusev won. Yay, nobody cares.
Highlight of the match: Lana. Because she's gorgeous.

- Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger was rock solid. **¾
Color me surprised. This was much better than expected! Instead of starting the match with a typical lockup formula, they started out with a real chair war. All in all, Berto was able to secure the win after hitting a Double Foot Stomp off the top rope onto a pile of chairs.

- The Wyatt Family vs ECW Originals was decent, but nothing to write home about. **

- Dean Ambrose vs Kevin Owens was turning out to be a solid match, but then that anti-climatic finish happened. **½
I appreciate the clean finish, but still. I expected KO to walk away from the match and have this feud continue till Mania, but I guess they won't be taking that route. I also feel like this IC title win is a consolation prize for Ambrose. He's the most over guy on the roster and instead of being one of the top candidates to win the Rumble next year, he's the IC champ. And we all know the sad fate of IC champions. KO, on the other hand, is about to be a top heel, him dropping the IC title is good news for him, as he's about to enter the WWE World Heavyweight title scene.

- Charlotte vs Paige was just bleh and worst match of the night. *
The Nature Girl retained the Butterfly title. I don't care. I'm done with the divas division.

- Sheamus vs Roman Reigns was a good ME. ***¼
It's a shame nobody cared, though. Both guys worked hard and brutalized each other to get everyone invested, but people just didn't care. I would've loved this match if it wasn't for the tepid crowd... Oh, well.

Reigns going berserk and killing everyone (especially HHH) post-match was fun. Now, that had people invested. It's something that needed to be done with Reigns by now. Even though some people may look at Roman's actions as dickish, because his attack on HHH wasn't provoked, I doubt he'll be turning heel anytime soon. This was obviously a set up for Reigns vs HHH at WM 32 and this is AWESOME news for Reigns. People should feel like he isn't being pushed down their throats, so he SHOULD get cheered against Hunter, right? I mean, there is one downside and it's that if this match happens at WM 32 and not at the Rumble, people might still cheer HHH over Roman, because all the hardcore fans love HHH because of NXT. But, I guess we'll see.

OVERALL THOUGHTS: TLC was a decent PPV, but infinitely better than Survivor Series! So, at least I'm thankful for that. 6/10
The in-ring talent is there. All we need are compelling storylines to get us fully invested and happy with the product. I'm not giving up on you yet, WWE.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
It's so awkward to write this, but... This show is getting a perfect 10 from me. Not because "OMG this is da best show EVAAAAR" because - no, it's not - but because we couldn't ask for anything better.
Total mark

Anyway, the show was fun. Totally worth staying up when I was already going to and watching for free. I felt really sorry for HHH in the end and marked out when he kinda no sold 80% of the attack by just standing up afterwards, but yeah, it was a fine angle.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Total mark

Anyway, the show was fun. Totally worth staying up when I was already going to and watching for free. I felt really sorry for HHH in the end and marked out when he kinda no sold 80% of the attack by just standing up afterwards, but yeah, it was a fine angle.
Triple H sold those chair shots really well. Dude was basically breakdancing, lmao.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
It's so awkward to write this, but... This show is getting a perfect 10 from me. Not because "OMG this is da best show EVAAAAR" because - no, it's not - but because we couldn't ask for anything better.
still beating you, son

JBan

Reaction score
I rate the show a 6.2, which rounds to a 6.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Gave it a 7/10 myself and like most of you, I too was quite satisfied with the show overall and I guess they kind of made it up for the horrendous Survival Series PPV.

Though very predictable (I actually nailed it 100% on the predictions contest and in posts prior to the show), it was a very enjoyable show and there is no doubt that the opening tag match was THE match of the night; went "holly shit" myself a few times with what we witnessed throughout that match.

Other then that, my only comment will go towards the Roman Reigns issue. Don't know, but to me it kind of felt as if WWE decided to give Roman a huge push and, like, in a way force us all to get behind him. I mean, getting screwed over once more, attacking everyone after the match and especially HHH, it's like we were asked "what else do we gotta do make you route for this guy?"

It remains to be seen what will follow a bit later on RAW but should it be a safe bet to assume that a HHH vs Roman Reigns is evolving for Mania?

Reactions: Solidus1

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I like the direction they are going with Roman Reigns character. He needs to be more aggressive and pissed off rather then all happy and go lucky with a smile on his face and trying to be funny all the time. I just hope they give him a rematch at Royal Rumble instead of having him go on to win the Royal Rumble match 2 years in a row. That will be so bogus.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Just started watching tlc. I don't think I have ever watched a wrestling match I though was perfect, but I will be dammed if this opener wasn't close. Zero botches, action all-around, Kalisto being a fucking boss, New Day retaining. Jesus christ I'm so wet right now.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Just finished it. It was pretty good imo.

The Rusev-Ryback was very shit, but I liked everything else(bar Ambrose getting the title). 8/10 from me.

Reactions: Snowman1