Rate the last album you listened to!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Bump.

Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd, all 5 (technically 4, what ever) tracks on it are amazing. "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" is still one of my favorite Floyd songs, and the opening guitar riff on "Have a Cigar" is one of my favorites. Easily my favorite Floyd album along with Animals.

Other one I listened to was Who's Next by the Who which, if you haven't heard of I would be quite amazed."Bargain" and "Baba O'Riley" are my favorite tracks from the album, but I can't really think of a single song on here that isn't good or great (or even legendary for some songs). Easily the best Who album and one of the best all time.

Feel free to bump this thread whenever you please. Not just you, anyone.

Yes... Both of those albums are classics. They're just so special, I could listen to 'em repeatedly.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Bring_Me_The_Horizon_umbrella.jpg

Bumping this thread back to life, here's my review on Bring Me the Horizon's brand new album, That's the Spirit.
Overall Rating: 10/10
This is the album that will defy their careers, although they left Metalcore, they have established an amazing sound of their own.
Track by track
Doomed 9/10
I really anticipated this one, and it met the expectations as a unique album opener
Happy Song 10/10
When this came out signalling the approach of the new record, I marked out, it sounded like BMTH were moving in the direction of the brand new sound following this and the release of the first version of "Drown"
Throne 10/10
This single was the one that told us where the album was gonna go from here, when I heard it, it immediatley caught on to me, I knew many metalcore/deathcore dreamers would turn their backs to this but this still sounded fresh as fuck for the band, like as many people said, sounds like Linkin Park, with its own twists. This and Drown are by far the album's highlights
True Friends 10/10
The Third Single was also a catchy masterpiece, hearing some of Oli's screaming and his great signing skills. Couldn't stop listening to this one after it's release
Follow You 8/10
It's no surprise to me after a group of singles we get a slower track, the heartbeat and the light piano you hear in the background totally catch the feel of the song
What You Need 8/10
Now I believe this is the lowest rank song right behind Follow You, but it's still memorable, part of the chorus almost thought it was the chorus of "Go to Hell for Heaven's Sake" from the Sempiternal album, but then it immediatley changed direction into a unique chorus of it's own
Avalanche 10/10
I love the lyrics on this track, "The square doesn't fit the circle" is a part that captures me, like a feeling of forcing yourself to fit into society, the guitar is also highly favorable
Run 10/10
Another highlight on the album, this track was also anticipated because it sounded like straight up reinvented rock. The opening synth work is fabulous, catching the perfect atmosphere for this song, and has a great sounding chorus to go with it.
Drown 10/10
This is the song that started it all for this album, I wasn't a fan of Bring Me the Horizon until I heard this song, following this actually connected me to their past releases from the deathcore days and to the future with the album. This new version on the album does have some background differences to it, other than that it's mainly like the stand alone single released last year. Which is great because this song is already too fucking good to be reworked
Blasphemy 9/10
Another rock hit reinvented with great synth work, unique guitars, and great lyrics
Oh No 9/10
The finish to this masterpiece is a heavily pop rock based track, you even hear horns in the background, a happy ending to a beautiful release. After you hear it, you think back to when BMTH put out "This Is What the Edge of Your Seat Was Made for" and realize they went from that mosh pit, headbanging heavy sound to an amazing atmospheric pop rock sound like this song.

This album is perfect, BMTH has always been a great band with their own sound since their first EP release, and it went all uphill from there, now establishing what could be one of the greatest modern rock releases this year and leave their mark in history

Track Ranking:
1.Throne
2.Drown
3.True Friends
4.Happy Song
5.Run
6.Avalanche
7.Doomed
8.Blasphemy
9.Oh No
10.Follow You
11.What You Need

Really hard to rank, each song is amazing!!! Give it a listen

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
chriscornellhigheralbumbigger.jpg

9/10

Such an incredible album. Chris Cornell is God. This album has showcased a softer side of Cornell and it's such an easy album to listen to.

I loved it after the first listen. There are 16 tracks on the album and the only one I couldn't connect with was "Our Time In The Universe".
The rest is great.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Halsey's both "Room 93" EP and the "Badlands" album are good. I liked 'em at the first listen. 7/10

This gal is so talented. Out of all the songs, Colors is my absolute favorite.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
KAMELOT_150429_Jacket.jpg

Ehh, it was OK, but nothing special. I couldn't get much into the vocals and some of the lyrics here are really cheesybad. 5/10

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
hlKyFQc.jpg

5/10

Not a bad album, but it's rather forgettable. It won't make me go back and listen to it again.

EDIT: Oh, and... Bonus tracks > tracks that made it on the album

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Bon Jovi's new album, 'Burning Bridges', was disappointing. I liked a few tracks, but still. 4/10

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
disturbed_immortalized_album_cover_2.jpg

Never been big on Disturbed, but this is an OK album. 5/10

Bring_Me_The_Horizon_Thats_The_Spirit.jpg

Bring Me The Horizon - That's The Spirit

Well, I enjoyed this. It's definitely a good album with a good vibe and I overall liked BMTH's new sound direction. 7/10
'Drown' is my absolute favorite track, with 'Throne' being a second. 'Happy Song', 'Follow You', 'What You Need', 'Avalanche', 'Run' and 'Oh No', I also liked.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Five Finger Death Punch's "Got Your Six" album gets a boring AF/10 rating from me. God knows I won't listen to that BS again.
Every track on the album sounds basically the same, they're so predictable with their song structures.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
unbdtxF.jpg

Kid Cudi: Man On The Moon

So yeah, Cudi was obviously inspired by Kanye West when he helped him write 808s and Heartbreak. That album is a person favorite of mine, loved that new age sound, electro rap, pop rap and R&B all wrapped into a...burrito. What?

Cudi's voice isn't amazing, but I do find it "good", maybe not objectively good, but my ears enjoy his hooks, his sing-song rap style, he can often make songs sound beautiful like In My Dreams. The thing with this style is that it's either you fuck with it or you don't. I do.

Most Cudi fans agree this is his best work. The sequel to this isn't as good, but was much rawer, less poppy, if I remember correctly. His mixtape called a Kid Named Cudi is his second best project by far. MOTM3 I never listened to but it has gotten bad reviews. Indicud I heard some of it and what I did hear I didn't like. At all.

Cudi has this psuedo intellectual vibe about the way he says, sometimes it's like a teenagers attempt at philosophy. He mostly tells stories about how he's feeling, how he felt earlier on, girls, normal subjects you'd expect from a normal person. From what I know he doesn't give this gangster vibe, so if you relate to guys like Mac Miller, Cudi will speak to you the same way.

Overall, this album is a beauty. The instrumentals are different, you don't get a repetitive feeling IMO. I'd put this in the near classic category, and a seriously good pop rap album.

8.5/10

Top 3 Best Tracks: In My Dreams, Simple As, Pursuit Of Happiness

Top 3 Worst Tracks: Day n Nite remix, Hyer, and I don't have a third because only two songs didn't mesh with me.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
May do a big pile of these, but... Trivium's Silence in the Snow doesn't get a number rating. Unlike most of Trivium's work, there's hardly any standout songs and while there's very little replay value... the musicianship here is still fun enough to be a great listen while doing something else :)

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
May do a big pile of these, but... Trivium's Silence in the Snow doesn't get a number rating. Unlike most of Trivium's work, there's hardly any standout songs and while there's very little replay value... the musicianship here is still fun enough to be a great listen while doing something else :)

Have fun here, Snow.

I'm a fan of Trivium, but I'd love it if the new album could top In Waves.
I loved In Waves, then Vengeance Falls didn't do anything for me because David Drainman was the producer, so hopefully Silence in the Snow tops VF.
I mean, the producer Elvis Baskette doesn't disappoint. I love the guy, he's produced the last 3 Alter Bridge albums (Blackbird/AB III/Fortress) and is about to produced Alter Bridge's fourth album in 2016, so yeah... Looking forward to listening Trivium's new album tomorrow!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Have fun here, Snow.

I'm a fan of Trivium, but I'd love it if the new album could top In Waves.
I loved In Waves, then Vengeance Falls didn't do anything for me because David Drainman was the producer, so hopefully Silence in the Snow tops VF.
I mean, the producer Elvis Baskette doesn't disappoint. I love the guy, he's produced the last 3 Alter Bridge albums (Blackbird/AB III/Fortress) and is about to produced Alter Bridge's fourth album in 2016, so yeah... Looking forward to listening Trivium's new album tomorrow!

Well how was it? :p

Haha, the two of us may see eye to eye on many things. :) But... this may not be one of them. Ascendancy was probably my most-played album in highschool, Shogun is one of my all-time faves to go with the underrated (but badly produced) Ember to Inferno, but... man, did I not like In Waves. Lol, maybe it was the change in sound that I didn't much care for? I'll give it another chance.

With music I get SUPER paranoid, haha. Have seen so many bands get lazy or change their sound that each new album makes me look like this guy before opening = :please:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Well how was it? :p

Haha, the two of us may see eye to eye on many things. :) But... this may not be one of them. Ascendancy was probably my most-played album in highschool, Shogun is one of my all-time faves to go with the underrated (but badly produced) Ember to Inferno, but... man, did I not like In Waves. Lol, maybe it was the change in sound that I didn't much care for? I'll give it another chance.

With music I get SUPER paranoid, haha. Have seen so many bands get lazy or change their sound that each new album makes me look like this guy before opening = :please:

Haven't listened to it yet. Will do after I'm done with the latest PWG, NJPW and Raw shows.

In Waves was cool for me, because it was the first ever album I have heard by Trivium and I liked it a lot... Needless to say the ones before that were just as good.

Reactions: Snowman1