SummerSlam Rate SummerSlam 2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate SummerSlam 2015 /10

• Total voters

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
RESULTS:

Sheamus defeats Randy Orton via pinfall
The New Day (new tag champions) defeat Lucha Dragons, Prime Time Players, Los Matadores via pinfall
Rusev & Dolph Ziggler ended in a double count-out
Neville & Stephen Amell defeat King Barrett & Stardust via pinfall
Ryback defeats The Miz & Big Show via pinfall
Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose defeat The Wyatt Family via pinfall
Seth Rollins (WWE WHC and US Champion) defeats John Cena via pinfall, interference from John Stewart
Team PCB defeat Team B.A.D and Team Bella via pinfall
Kevin Owens defeats Cesaro via pinfall
Undertaker defeats Brock Lesnar via submission

Do your worst :urm:

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
To say it was a summerslam would be a joke only liked 3 matches and one of them ended awfully (guess which one).

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I don't generally expect much from Summerslam but I gave it a 6. I'm not going to type as much as usual because my laptop is having problems and I'm typing on my phone.

I really liked Rollins and Cena. The ending didn't bother me at all. My two favorite wrestlers of all time are Ric Flair and Jeff Jarrett so cheating doesn't really bug me too much. I would have rather had Rollins win cleanly but that wasn't going to happen.

Cesaro vs Owens was excellent.

Undertaker vs Lesnar was fun until the end. I have to agree that the ending was crap, but it's pretty much what I was predicting so there's a mild satisfaction in that after so many people telling me it wasn't going to happen and that I was insane for thinking Taker would win. I didn't want Undertaker to win, but thought he would. I'm not gloating or anything... I would have preferred a Lesnar win. Lesnar made the Undertaker tap out regardless of the ref not seeing it and no one has ever done that. I don't think this match was damaging to Brock. I do, however, think the victory was damaging to Undertaker.

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
uPRRGtp.gif

....that is all I have to say

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I don't generally expect much from Summerslam but I gave it a 6. I'm not going to type as much as usual because my laptop is having problems and I'm typing on my phone.

I really liked Rollins and Cena. The ending didn't bother me at all. My two favorite wrestlers of all time are Ric Flair and Jeff Jarrett so cheating doesn't really bug me too much. I would have rather had Rollins win cleanly but that wasn't going to happen.

Cesaro vs Owens was excellent.

Undertaker vs Lesnar was fun until the end. I have to agree that the ending was crap, but it's pretty much what I was predicting so there's a mild satisfaction in that after so many people telling me it wasn't going to happen and that I was insane for thinking Taker would win. I didn't want Undertaker to win, but thought he would. I'm not gloating or anything... I would have preferred a Lesnar win. Lesnar made the Undertaker tap out regardless of the ref not seeing it and no one has ever done that. I don't think this match was damaging to Brock. I do, however, think the victory was damaging to Undertaker.
2002 angle made him tap in a similar fashion

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
2002 angle made him tap in a similar fashion

Yeah my knowledge of that time period is pretty weak. Thanks for pointing it out.

Regardless it doesn't detract from Lesnar making him do it also. Kurt Angle is good company to be in accomplishment wise

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
This is SummerSlam, one of WWE's biggest(and usually best) events of the year. You had matches building up for weeks, some for months, and maybe... maybe 2/5ths of those bouts came to ahead at the show itself.

- Neither Rusev or Ziggler won, so they're at least going on till Night of Champions.

-Prime Time Players get an automatic rematch clause for their titles. There's New Day's first opponents.

-Cena also has an automatic rematch clause, plus he lost dirty.

-That was the first bout between the Wyatt Family & Roman/Ambrose, so they're probably going on a little bit longer.

-Sheamus and Orton are even now, so they need a rubber match.

-Amell pretty much said that it wasn't over yet.

-The ME wasn't clear at all, so they'll probably have a rubber match at WrestleMania 32. Unless Lesnar F5's Charles and gets suspended again until we forget about the ending between his match with The Undertaker.

Also, had the finishes between Rollins/Cena & Undertaker/Lesnar been swapped the show would've been a little more redeemable. To me, Cena having Rollins in the STFU and the bell ring, only for Little Nature Boy rejecting the call so Rollins could capitalize and walk out victorious would've made more sense. That way someone like Kane, or Owens could've ran in during Taker/Lesnar, and screw over one or the other would've been possible.

Another thing that was I had a gripe with was that the matches were out of order. Had the outcomes of Cena/Rollins & Taker/Lesnar been swapped, and Rollins/Cena was the ME & Taker/Lesnar was the co-ME it wouldn't have left such a bad taste in people's mouths.

Aside from my problems with the show, I did enjoy:
- Owens/Cesaro

- New Day winning the Tag Titles

- Rollins/Cena until the end

- The diva's match

- The ME until the end

I'll go ahead and rate it a 6/10, had the show been three hours, and the two faulty finishes been swapped, I would've enjoyed it far more.

Reactions: Snowman1

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Kevin Owens and cesaro could've been better. Needed more time but it was a great match

Cena and Rollins was good until the end. Jon Stewart's involvement is well... I guess I don't get it.

IC title match was forgettable.

Tag team match was okay.

Divas was dumb.

Sheamus and orton should've had the briefcase on the line.

Brock and taker had a stupid ending. The match itself was fun and not bad at all... But the end made taker look bad and made absolutely no sense. Brock flipping off taker was awesome though before he passed out so at least that was memorable.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

My memory could be off here, but I'm pretty sure Ken Shamrock made him tap out as well (although the referee didn't see it) at Backlash 1999. However, they'll probably conveniently ignore their own history again (and arguably wisely so) by pointing out that Brock Lesnar was the first man to make the Undertaker tap even though he wasn't. Similar to how Hogan was painted as the first person to ever bodyslam Andre The Giant despite Andre having been slammed like twelve or so times prior to that night at Wrestlemania 3.

As for the PPV, I thought it was a pretty enjoyable event overall. A couple of questionable things, and I'm still kind of split over that fuckery we saw in the ending, but overall I was entertained throughout the whole show.