• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 6/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Personally Gable deserves better than a feud with
Corbin...but lately the WWE seems hell bent on
having smaller guys wrestle monsters...

Gable had nothing before this. Plus Corbin's best matches have been with smaller guys.

Personally I am not a fan of small guy vs. small guy or big guy vs. big guy. The two wrestlers rarely gel because their styles are so similar. There are exceptions to this rule (I have never not been entertained by a Seth vs. Dolph match, and I enjoyed the Braun Strowman/Big Show steel cage match)

I guess the types of matches you enjoy are just different.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I give it sitting a bathtub full of raw eggs out of 10

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
5/10

This one was much better than usual Smackdown’s. That coronation promo was awesome, pure hughlight of the show. I would give credits to Corbin’s mic skills as well as Graves’ heel commentator persona. Charlotte vs Sasha Wanks was a decent match, better than some on CoC and had a good ending appropriate for building Bayley’s heel persona. 3vs3 tag team match was okay excluding the decision, Orton & The Revival should have won. And the promo that came after it was just legendary. Recipe for legendary is including Paul Heyman so they made it. I’m not thrilled about Lesnar probably holding a title hostage again but that promo was pretty good. I didn’t give a fuck about the Heavy Machinery match as usual but the 2 minutes I’ve seen were good, Otis is funny af. The Bludgeon Brothers vs Bryan & Reigns promo was very good, Rowan & Harper have some potential and are entertaining.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Wow...that sounds SO out of character for Big E & Xavier...

?

And I guess Le$nar will become a part time Champion
on SDL now yeah?

?

This feud is so bad...

I don't know how you guys put up with this horseshit week in, week out.

?

Whatever...

So let me suggest a theory for you guys to consider:

Vince wanted to book Reign/Bryan as SummerSlam with Reigns as the "face"...
but got cold feet so neither man had a match...then he again decided to push
for the match with Bryan attacking Reigns at CoC, costing him his match with
Rowan...but Vince again changed his mind at the last minute...however Rowan
could not go over Reigns clean...even in a no DQ match...so Harper was finally
used as a "Get out of Jail Free" card & it once again appears the Reigns/Bryan
match won't happen but instead it will be a tag match with Bryan & Reigns taking
on Harper & Rowan at HiaC.

what do you guys think?

:idk3:

Oh sure...quote Jacobs recap but not mine...its okay...im okay..i understand

:nogusta: :cry:

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well, didn't take that long after all, did it? I guess the only surprise about Brock Lesnar was his unexpected appearance this pass thrt Tuesday on Smackdown which, I admit, I did not expect at all. As noted in the CoC rating thread, I figured they'd save the surprise for the first FOX show but I guess WWE wanted the additional advertising and/or insentive for people to tune in come October. Regardless, this was one of the biggest moves they could possibly do in order to create that buzz for the first FOX show, hence my prediction a few months back.

Not one to pat myself in the back and ain't looking to start today but I did find it funny (and this is something I know from a third party cause, God fobid I ever subscribe or pay for this nonesense) that when asked about the possibility of Brock Lesnar wrestling on the first Smackdown show on FOX, Meltzer's response was "absolutely not, no chance"....So, yeah, I say them Meltzers of the world should tune in on wweforums cause apparently we getting a lot more scoops around here and a lot more things corrrect apparently..

Seriously though, this is brilliant on WWE's part and one would have to assume that Brock is winning, right? The obvious question then would be, what next? Now granted, it is way too early to be guessing, more so with the upcoming draft and the obvious roster changes but I do have a couple of ideas in mind:

1) Bobby Lashley. I can already here everyone yelling "what the fuck, Bobby Lashley?" but I honestly believe that if WWE cut the bullshit and start all over with some serious booking (no sisters crap or the Sami Zayn horeshit), this is a Wrestlemania caliber match. Just the MMA backround they both have alongside the fact Lashley is obviously "believable" when it comes to beating brock, me thinks this is a big money match; and I mean BIG money match...Oh, not to mention the promo work with Heyman and, why not, Leo Rush, should WWE elect to continue to utilize him alongside Lashley as a mouthpiece...

2) Drew McNtyre. What could have been a monster heel nowadays feels more like damaged goods but Drew is another guy that I could see stand up to Brock. Again, all WWE need to do is cut the crap and do some serious booking. Better yet, when it comes to McNtyre, they need more consistency. Can't have be a "monster" and then lose all the big matches that matter...

3) Matt Riddle. Okay, definetely the least possible scenario but if WWE were to get a bit frisky with the draft, this could be really big...

I could have added Strowman to this list and as a matter of fact, early prediction, I feel he is moving over to Smackdown come the draft, but it's kind of a "been there, done that" scenario, plus Strowman I feel needs to be rebuilt before we get there...

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
plus Strowman I feel needs to be rebuilt before we get there...
Ain't that the truth...

I still say SummerSlam 2017 was the right time & place for
Strowman...but no...we needed to build to a Wrestlemania
main event that no wanted to see with Reigns kicking out
of 5 F-5s...and then being pinned anyway.

?

Last edited:
Reactions: alexb

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah, they really did drop the ball with Braun back then...

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth...

I still say SummerSlam 2016 was the right time & place for
Strowman...but no...we needed to build to a Wrestlemania
main event that no wanted to see with Reigns kicking out
of 5 F-5s...and then being pinned anyway.

?

I think you have your years mixed up? Wasn't Summerslam 2016 Seth vs. Finn for the UC title (and Dolph vs. Ambrose for the WWE title?)

I think Strowman could have lost the match you were thinking of because it was a multi-man. But he should not have lost the Royal Rumble match (the one with Demon Kane who shouldn't have even been near the title feud, it should have been Strowman/Lesnar 1-on-1)

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I think you have your years mixed up?
Yep...you're right...

2017 not 2016...

I changed it.

Yeah, they really did drop the ball with Braun back then...
Yeah...

I remember watching that 4 Way main event match at SummerSlam &
thinking "They've done it! They've made a new star that the fans actually
want to see & cheer for! This is it WWE! Put the belt on Braun & send Le$nar
home!"

But No...

That would have actually been a cool moment...especially considering
how Braun basically went on a complete rampage during the match itself.

Ugh...

Reactions: bullyballmm