Rate Smackdown Live 12/06/2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 7/10

• 8/10

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live and leave some comments about what you thought of the show!

Opening

AJ Styles was in the ring and said he was not medically cleared to fight James Ellsworth tonight. Ellsworth came to the ring and said AJ was being protected because Ellsworth had his number. AJ told Ellsworth that the only reason he has ever accomplished anything was because of Dean Ambrose. Dean Ambrose quickly came to the ring and Ellsworth held out his hand to shake Ambrose's hand. Ambrose kicked Ellsworth in the stomach, quickly hit him with dirty deeds and then quickly left the ring, to AJ's amusement.

Heath Slater and Rhyno vs Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt

Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt won by pin fall.

Carmella vs Natalya

Carmella was in the ring talking trash about Natalya. Natalya came to the ring and chased her backstage. She said that Nattie was the one who attacked Nikki Bella. Natalya came across Nikki Bella backstage, who seemed pissed. Nattie told her that Carmella was lying and Bella walked away.

The Hype Bros vs The Ascension

The Hype Bros defeated the Ascension very quickly by pin fall.

Miz TV with Dean Ambrose

Miz chastised Ambrose for not expecting Ellsworth to turn on him, claiming he used Ellsworth for his own means. Ambrose tried to get in Miz's face, but Miz kept putting Maryse in between them. Daniel Bryan then came out and told Ambrose he could not allow him to attack Miz because Miz would be facing Ambrose in the main event. Bryan then made it an Intercontinental Championship match.

Baron Corbin vs Kalisto

Baron Corbin pinned Kalisto

American Alpha vs Breezango

American Alpha defeated Breezango by pin fall.

Alexa Bliss Celebration

Becky Lynch approached Alexa in the ring and demanded her rematch right now. Alexa pretended to go along with it and then left the ring.

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match: Champion Miz vs Dean Ambrose

The Miz retained his IC Title when James Ellsworth came out to the ring to protest Marysse getting involved in the match. This backfired, however when Ellsworth distracted the referee and cost Ambrose a sure pin fall. Angry at Ellsworth, Ambrose took his eyes of Miz and was hit by a skull crushing finale.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I'm giving it an 8/10, I don't usually comment on these kinds of threads but I really enjoyed this week's Smackdown Live which is saying a lot considering I'm been on Team Blue for quite awhile (pretty much dropped Raw for commitments sake).

I am honestly more interested in the Wyatt Family now more than ever, the inclusion of Randy Orton has been doing wonders for them and I really hope this an actual long term thing instead of an OH I BETRAYED CUZ I'M SNEK kind of story line we saw a year ago with The Authority.

Miz's participation reward was just pure gold, I would really love a feud between Dean Ambrose and The Miz, yeah people might say Ambrose would get demoted to the midcard but fuck it. That match they had tonight was great and they should really be given some proper to build a little mini feud to help keep Smackdown Live interesting until Royal Rumble season starts.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
~ And here we go...

~ Is A.J okay? Like he's not seriously injured right?

~ Can't say I blame Ambrose for hitting Ellsworth with a Dirty Deeds. I'm kind
of surprised he didn't hit him with a couple more.

~ The Wyatt Family deal with the tag title rematch and Rhyno & Slater are
sent packing. I'm guessing American Alpha will be stepping up to face the
Wyatts in the coming weeks.

~ And here is Carmella...who is still getting little to no crowd reaction...
What's wrong with Carmella? Although her face has looked better...Ouch.
Her mic skills are getting better every time I see her...shame she had her
(fine) ass kicked by Nikki Bella twice.

~ So now its Carmella vs. Natalya...and wait...come back...I want to actually
see a match! Oh...there is Nikki Bella...and Natalya isn't really selling the
whole "Carmella is lying...It wasn't me" act. I'm still secretly hoping it was
Eva Marie...just because that would be more interesting.

~ Am I the only one who thinks The Hype Bros would have been perfect for the
WWF in the 80's?

~ Miz TV Featuring Dean Ambrose...and the Miz is just fun to watch. I'm guessing
we are going to have a Miz/Ambrose feud now? That works...they are near opposites
of each other so I'm sure there will be some funny moments and solid matches.

~ And now we are getting a kick start to that feud...Miz vs. Ambrose for the IC title
tonight...Nice work from D.Bryan.

~ And Baron Corbin defeats Kalisto...wait...didn't we just have this match...but
with chairs?

~ Okay...so Tyler Breeze eats another pin. Wasn't he like a top dog in NXT? May-be
he'd be better off back there.

~ And here she comes...the New SmackDown Women's Champion Alexa Bliss! *Cheers*
Woah...Nice Pyro WWE...did you have some spare left laying around? Well...either
way Alexa deserves it *Continues Cheering* Yes Alexa...you are a total Bitch...and we
love you for it.

tumblr_ohstakx_Cdx1ux0q3go1_540_Copy.png

tumblr_ohstakx_Cdx1ux0q3go2_r1_540_Copy.png

~ And here comes Becky Lynch...who is not smiling or making any bad puns. Its all
fun & games till you get put through a table hey Becky. And because Alexa is smart
she won't be fighting Becky tonight...smart move. Sorry Becky...Alexa had to wait
for you after No Mercy...so now you can wait.

~ So...James Ellsworth has become suicidal right?

~ For some unknown reason I want to see the Miz keep the IC Title Forever...And I
never thought I'd ever say that.

~ I'm Done.

Reactions: Snowman1

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Smackdown continues to prove why less is more. They really didn't put on THAT much better a show than Raw, but it was still more entertaining. Raw had better matches, and I am a bit of wrestling purist. But Smackdown was the more enjoyable show. The storylines made more sense. Nothing was TOO exciting but nothing was too boring either. A great show and Ambrose hitting Ellsworth with Dirty Deeds and leaving right away was Gold.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
8!

Was a solid show. Enjoyed most of it.

Keeping this short and to the point lol. I am leaning towards dropping RAW all together aswell. I mean, I like alot of their guys, but it's alot to keep up with when you watch both shows and every ppv.
So I'm probably saying bye bye to the 3 hour marathon soon. I'll have a hard time not watching KO (although he's being booked as a weak champ and it sucks) and Jericho and rollins/hhh feud. But.... it's too much trying to watch it all.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
It seemed like it was a decent show. I had to shut the tv off though. Between JBL and David Otunga I just couldn't deal with it anymore

• Haha

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Arrive
DIRTY DEEDS
Leave.

Decent show. 6/10.

The Good:

The participation award segment was very funny. I especially love the looks on Ambrose and Miz as the crowd did the " you deserve it" meme. Their match later on was solid, no surprise that Ellsworth came out. Hopefully Dean murders this man in the coming weeks before Royal Rumble.

I'm really digging Randy and Bray together, they compliment each other oddly well. Most interesting thing on SDlive.

The meh:

I thought the Ascension were going to get a push...silly me. SDlive could use some more heel teams built up. Right now they're only the Wyatts and The Usos...where the hell are the Usos? Pretty much anyway we could get more Vaudevillians and breezango I'd be happy.

Natalya Vs. Nikki because she suddenly trusts the word of the Woman who's been trying to kill her for the past few months...riiiight.

The Bad:

Was it bring your kids to work day?

That Bliss/Lynch segment was horribly awkward.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The follow-up to TLC was very good and easy to watch. SmackDown keeps on producing good stuff, man! 8/10

Positives:
- The opening segment with Styles, Ellsworth and Ambrose was good. Styles was good and made some good points, Ellsworth being dellusional was entertaining and I absolutely loved Ambrose coming out, hitting Ellsworth with Dirty Deeds and leaving immediately afterwards. That was gold!

- Orton & Wyatt vs Slater & Rhyno was good, enjoyed every bit of it.

- Nattie/Carmella and Nattie/Nikki stuff was OK.

- The Hype Bros vs The Ascension was decent. Wish The Ascension was something more than just jobbers. The Hype Bros picked up the win as they're about to be fed to The New Wyatt Family. Fine by me.

- The MizTV segment with Ambrose was great. The Miz was fantastic. Loved the participation award bit. Never change, Miz.

- Gable vs Breeze was amusing enough for the time given. I absolutely love Gable's finisher.

- The Alexa Bliss Celebration segment was solid.

- The Miz vs Ambrose was a pretty good ME.

Negatives:
- None.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Wondering how long Bray and Randy will have the belts. I'm thinking the drop them to America Alpha at Mania. Would be cool to have a handicap match because Wyatt Family has the freebird rule.

First and foremost, welcome to the forum!

That's a good first post, man. You're spot on with that. Alpha will most likely dethrone The Wyatts at Mania.

Also, go introduce yourself in this section.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm digging the Hype Bros much more than I should be haha. And the way Mauro was putting over how they're working their way up to a title shot - on top of having a quality W-L record (because the other heel teams are scrubs, but still) - anyone else think that'll be an alright match at Royal Rumble? Wyatts retain obviously...

And I can imagine the title change happening at Elimination Chamber. If they want to go with that ridiculous idea of having a tag team Chamber match again, that seems like as fun a time as any to let Randy turn on Bray...
That'll build up both an American Alpha title defense AND Orton vs Wyatt at Wrestlemania.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'm digging the Hype Bros much more than I should be haha. And the way Mauro was putting over how they're working their way up to a title shot - on top of having a quality W-L record (because the other heel teams are scrubs, but still) - anyone else think that'll be an alright match at Royal Rumble? Wyatts retain obviously...

And I can imagine the title change happening at Elimination Chamber. If they want to go with that ridiculous idea of having a tag team Chamber match again, that seems like as fun a time as any to let Randy turn on Bray...
That'll build up both an American Alpha title defense AND Orton vs Wyatt at Wrestlemania.

It's going to be alright if The Wyatts squash them in 20 seconds.:smug:

All joking aside, it's probably going to be a decent match. Not expecting much, tbh. But hey, that might be for the best, given I came in expecting nothing special from that Kalisto/Corbin chairs match, yet they blew me away by delivering a really good and fun match.

I could imagine the title changing hands at EC to set up Orton/Wyatt for WM, too. But, AA dethroning The Wyatts on the grandest stage of them all would feel much more special.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It's going to be alright if The Wyatts squash them in 20 seconds.:smug:

All joking aside, it's probably going to be a decent match. Not expecting much, tbh. But hey, that might be for the best, given I came in expecting nothing special from that Kalisto/Corbin chairs match, yet they blew me away by delivering a really good and fun match.

I could imagine the title changing hands at EC to set up Orton/Wyatt for WM, too. But, AA dethroning The Wyatts on the grandest stage of them all would feel much more special.

Haha, I figure it'll all be a formality leading to another cool distraction RKO spot. Heck even a Abigail spin into an RKO that doesn't take 10 years to pull off would work!
But shoot, if they can keep coming up with new RKO ideas they can keep these belts, haha

I actually STILL haven't finished TLC. SO THANKS FOR THE SPOILER :aries: haha, kidding. But hey, I'm digging their matches so far. Corbin's just coming across really well for some reason. He's basically Wade Barrett in the ring - a guy I never liked - but watching him clothesline and dominate Kalisto with clotheslines and other basic moves just works. Idk. Guess I'm willing to accept anything lol

That's true too! There's really not too bad a way to do this, I just worry with it likely being seven fucking hours of Mania again that they're really going to have to stack this card so much to avoid last year happening again.

Also... So, Ambrose effs around and James Ellsworth wins the WWE Championship which is 100% due to Ambrose, then Ellsworth's first title defense is next week against his "buddy" Ambrose, and Ambrose mops the floor with him and wins the belt... then Styles gets his rematch and wins it back from Ambrose in time to defend against Undertaker at Royal Rumble? Too much hot potato or a solid storyline there?

Reactions: Prince Bálor