• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live 1/23/2018

Rate Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 6/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate Smackdown Live and leave a comment to let us know what you thought of the show

Opening

The show opened with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn who claimed the they proved AJ Styles has no chance against them on Sunday. They tried to get a Yep chant going. AJ came out and ridiculed them. Zayn and KO suggested AJ have to beat them both in back to back matches. Daniel Bryan came out and said enough was enough and they weren't going to do that. AJ still believed Bryan was involved with them and accepted the challenge.

Chad Gable vs Jey Uso

Chad Gable won by pin fall

Naomi vs Liv Morgan

Naomi won by pin fall

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Baron Corbin

Nakamura won by DQ when Orton came into the ring and RKO'd Nakamura. He then RKO's Corbin.

New Day and Bobby Rude vs Jinder Mahal and Rusev Day

New Day and Bobby Roode won by pin fall

Kevin Owens vs AJ Styles

AJ Styles won by submission and did not release the calf crusher until right before Zayn came into the ring.

Sami Zayn vs AJ Styles

Zayn won by pin fall when AJ left the ring to knock KO of a gurney and was caught by surprise on re entering the ring

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am giving this a five. Honestly what I remember the most of it is Corey Graves, normally one of my favorite commentators, annoying the hell out of me during the AJ Styles matches. Having a heel commentator whining about AJ Styles holding the calf crusher onto KO after the bell is ridiculous. Having KO act like he was crippled was ridiculous. AJ barely had the move on KO as long as he usually has it on anyone else in a match and that includes the time after the bell. If it was one of Graves' favorites, he would be defending them doing such a thing. And his annoying "Enough is enough" when AJ knocked over the gurney with KO on it. Way too turn into a whiney bitch and make me wish JBL was back as commentator.

And maybe I'm mostly annoyed by the stupid and obvious storyline. KO was not in the calf crusher very long. He's not injured. He will come limping into the match at Royal Rumble and either halfway through or by the end of the match, he will reveal he never was injured and it was all a ploy to keep him fresh for later in the match. Blah blah stupid.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay... lets see what happening on "The Becky & Charlotte" Show...
with thankfully no pointless has-beens...

~ And SKIP!

~ I'm actually really curious to see who wins between the Usos & Gable/Benjamin
at the Rumble...and I hope whoever does faces Harper & Rowan next.

~ I hope they give Dillinger #10 again.

~ And Liv Morgan takes on Naomi &...Naomi wins...well...hopefully this means with
Liv around being the division's jobber Carmella will start winning a few matches.

And the women are throwing each other around (Yay! Becky!)...but it doesn't matter
because even if any of them do win the Rumble...they still have to defeat the true
Queen of the WWE.

Also...on a side note...I think Charlotte does work better as a heel...but if they
turn her...that would mean the balance would be 8 heels to 2 faces...which just
wouldn't work.

~ So basically its a Corbin/Nakamura/Orton free for all...and I'm really hoping
Orton doesn't win another Rumble...mainly because it would be so boring &
predictable.

~ You know...as much as I like the New Day & Bobby Roode...I'd much rather see
Rusev getting a push...but clearly he isn't getting one...because in the WWE...you
can only get over if they want you to get over.

You would think as popular as the Rusev Day "schtick" was the company would run
with it...but no...that would make too much sense.

~ So...is Owens really injured? If so...change the match WWE! Put Zayn in the Rumble
& have Styles vs. Nakamura at the Rumble! Everybody wins and Owens can take some
off to recover fully.

And I'm done!

I will admit I'm pretty keen for the Women's Rumble and I like how the WWE hasn't
revealed every entrant for both rumble matches.

Also...in the Mixed Match Challenge Carmella lost again...& Asuka won again...same old
same old...

I'm actually starting to feel bad for Carmella...even with her having the briefcase.

Reactions: Death Walker