Rate Smackdown 8/28/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 6/10

• 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Leave a comment or two on what you liked, hated, or both.

The Bar vs The Good Brothers vs The Colons: The Bar

Naomi vs Billie Kay: Billie Kay

Andrade Almas vs Daniel Bryan: Daniel Byran

Carmella vs Charlotte: Charlotte

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Becky Lynch is not working as a heel. She's not even trying to get heat.

Carmella is a great heel with a very unlikable personality.

Samoa Joe and AJ continues to be great story telling.

Nobody likes Charlotte anymore, it's amazing people liked her overrated ass in the first place. Charlotte is the definition of the Roman Reigns of the women's division.. Not in a good way either.

The Colons are still employed?

The New Day still pisses me off.

Brie Bella needs to fuck off. She ain't shit. She's been leaching off her husbands popularity for years.

It's always great to see Almas and Vega.

6/10 Average.

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
200.gif

They missed one of the best times to turn her last year and now things aren't working out. No surprise.
They either have to allow the fans to mold these characters or completely ignore us. Not do some of both.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Nobody likes Charlotte anymore, it's amazing people liked her overrated ass in the first place. Charlotte is the definition of the Roman Reigns of the women's division.. Not in a good way either.
Well...that's generally what happens to someone when they are over pushed
because of the WWE having a set agenda...and their refusal to change or adapt
that agenda when the fans express a vocal opinion.

Full Steam Ahead!!!

Drive that company agenda train into a fucking brick wall & destroy
everything in the process.

I personally could never "turn" on Charlotte...BUT (Becky's Butt)
I will admit her booking is starting to have an adverse effect on her
standing with the audience...and I hate that.

I hate the fact people call her the "Plank of Wood" of the women's
division...but...I hate the fact I can't really argue with them about it.

She will always be my Queen but...no matter how hard the WWE ruins
her with booking mistakes.

SummerSlam was Becky's moment...& I think EVERYONE knew that
apart from those calling the shots...and those calling the shots won't
admit to their error.

Its like Disney with James Gunn...

Disney...you fucked up...just admit it & rehire the guy!

Naomi vs Billie Kay: Billie Kay
Yep...Peyton & Billie...the sexiest jobbers ever...

Ugh...

Because she can't...because she probably knows there is no point...
because she knows that it isn't working.

The WWE fucked this entire situation by turning her when & how
they did in the first place.

Carmella is a great heel with a very unlikable personality.
Carmella can fuck off...in fact...can the WWE sack her now?
She can join Enzo & Big Cass in the unemployed club.

Her title reign was the absolute worse...in fact Carmella never
gets to hold a title again...EVER!

The Colons are still employed?
Yeah...I was shocked to see them mentioned as well.

They missed one of the best times to turn her last year and now things aren't working out. No surprise.
BINGO!!!

They either have to allow the fans to mold these characters or completely ignore us. Not do some of both.
Aren't they fully ignoring their audience already?

And Done...

So...does anyone want to play horseshoes with me?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Any show with The Colons is a good show.

The whole Mixed tag Miz Vs Bryan stuff is just cringe. Bryan had a terrible nerdy promo. Maryse is hot as fuck though.

The New Day segment with Booker actually made me laugh so that's good.

The AJ Vs Joe feud has been really good so far, but I feel like they just need to stop with the Wendy stuff. Otherwise this is just a one dimensional feud. Next week Joe is probably going to break into AJ's house or something.

Jeff Vs Orton in a HIAC. That's not a match you wanna miss.

No Nakamura on the show. They don't have anything for him. Don't expect to see him at HIAC. Unless he faces Rusev.

Carmella will never win a title ever again.

Becky Vs Charlotte is a hot feud. Becky is so over as a babyfaces.

This show was a 6/10 just because it didn't have any big moments or great matches.

Charlotte is just boring as fuck as a face and has a terrible promo. Fans moan that WWE do too much 50/50 booking but then fans moan when wrestlers get 'overpushed'. Make up your minds.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

F censorship, but.. gosh, it was chilling to hear Becky saying "you bitch" after seeing plank go after cheap pops with that word all year

• Haha

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score

Full Steam Ahead!!!

Drive that company agenda train into a fucking brick wall & destroy
everything in the process.

Charlotte is way better as a heel, she has a very unlikable personality and she's going up against one of the most popular woman on the roster.. A heel turn made her even more popular..

Because she can't...because she probably knows there is no point...
because she knows that it isn't working.

The WWE fucked this entire situation by turning her when & how
they did in the first place.

Uh, maybe not.. It would be tough, but they can at least try. Using profanity against Charlotte is just going to make her more popular.. Try insulting the crowd some more, not in a funny way like Elias either. Everything Becky is doing the fans love in a heel.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
  • I marked hard for King Booker, that was a good segment
  • I'm already sick of the Bellas comeback and we only have 1 of them on TV so far
  • why are Orton and Hardy having a HIAC match without a title on the line? Did they forget that they have a US champion on the roster? lmao
  • while most are complaining about Becky being a bad heel and all that, I'd like to mention that she's definitely not a good brawler because these punches.. good lord, they were already quite bad at Summerslam but this time you really saw how they're like, an over-exaggerated, mile away from Charlotte and Charlotte didn't even bother to sell them either which doesn't help the visual at all lol. I hope their match at HIAC is at least gonna be good
  • I'm not really a fan of these family focused feuds, the last time something like that genuinely worked was with Triple H and Randy before Mania 25 with Trips breaking into Randy's house to kick his ass or Orton DDTing Steph and kissing her, because both of them are storytelling legends and it felt personal. Samoa Joe teasing Styles by talking about Wendy all the time is just weird and shouldn't get to someone's head that is above the age of like what? 10?
wasn't really feeling this show, it wasn't all bad but their storylines didn't progress much and everything just felt like filler to me. In the famous words of Bret Hart, 4/10

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Samoa Joe teasing Styles by talking about Wendy all the time is just weird and shouldn't get to someone's head that is above the age of like what? 10?
They need something else to work with. I appreciate the story of Joe getting in the head of the bad tempered AJ Styles. But they need to take it into another direction.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
They need something else to work with. I appreciate the story of Joe getting in the head of the bad tempered AJ Styles. But they need to take it into another direction.
Joe talking about Wendy reminds me a lot of KSI talking about Chloe Bennet for his fight against Logan Paul, I know that's a weird comparison but it's equally not as intimidating, interesting or threatening and, in my eyes, it just makes Styles look like a fool for getting so triggered by it every time. In general, Joe just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd wanna waste his time on corny shit like this and would rather cut right to the chase, which is the WWE title. His program with Brock last year was great and they didn't have to rely on cheesy stuff like this to make it personal. The E could have easily recreated that program with slight changes and I think it would've been far more interesting as a feud.
But as long as their matches are good, I can't really complain because that's all I expect them to do, but the segments didn't work for me from the start and they haven't moved on from them so I'm just patiently waiting for HIAC to roll around so we can have a good match and move past this

Reactions: Redboy123@

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Joe talking about Wendy reminds me a lot of KSI talking about Chloe Bennet for his fight against Logan Paul, I know that's a weird comparison but it's equally not as intimidating, interesting or threatening and, in my eyes, it just makes Styles look like a fool for getting so triggered by it every time.
I don't think it's supposed to be seen as intimidating and threatening. It's just taking the piss and getting in the head of the opponent. AJ's one weakness is that he is a hot head who gets triggered...so I guess that is he's character flaw for Joe to exploit.
In general, Joe just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd wanna waste his time on corny shit like this and would rather cut right to the chase, which is the WWE title. His program with Brock last year was great and they didn't have to rely on cheesy stuff like this to make it personal. The E could have easily recreated that program with slight changes and I think it
That is true. This feud could of just been really straight forward like Joe Vs Brock. That could of made it more intense, but if Joe wins the title then you can see why Joe wasted he's time. I do appreciate the core principles of this feud, but this family stuff has been going on for too long and they really don't need to rely on it.

Just have Joe do promo's about how he is going to destroy AJ and that this will the biggest one sided title match in WWE history or something.

Reactions: SWL

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Charlotte is way better as a heel
I agree...

Charlotte is just boring as fuck as a face and has a terrible promo. Fans moan that WWE do too much 50/50 booking but then fans moan when wrestlers get 'overpushed'. Make up your minds.
Yeah...but generally only a select few get overpushed...
while everyone else wallows in 50/50 land.

F censorship, but.. gosh, it was chilling to hear Becky saying "you bitch" after seeing plank go after cheap pops with that word all year

I almost get the feeling that the WWE is going to let this play out
& simply ignore the crowd reactions...I mean "fixing" the situation
would take too much effort anyway.

Just let them run with it.

It makes sense for the fans to support Becky even more now...
she's finally had enough & is not taking anymore shit...granted
this could have actually worked even better had this happened
after the MitB 2017...but hey...you take what you can get.

Put them in the cell WWE...3 cell matches on the night...

Open with Styles/Joe, have Becky/Charlotte half way through the
night & finish with Strowman/Plank of Wood.

Uh, maybe not.. It would be tough, but they can at least try. Using profanity against Charlotte is just going to make her more popular.. Try insulting the crowd some more, not in a funny way like Elias either. Everything Becky is doing the fans love in a heel.
I don't get it...

Isn't the idea of being a heel not to do what the fan love?

I mean...I...my brain hurts...but I'm keen as mustard for their
first official match.

Carmella will never win a title ever again.
Hear Hear!

Redboy123@

Reaction score
As long as Becky embraces the crowd and not trash them, then I am into this feud.